Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I think he will pick Theresa, but I really like him with Leslie

I’m wondering which one his daughters like best.  The twice divorced sexy younger woman or the widow smart motherly stay at home type.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, adhoc said:

Was it Arie who picked Becca because she seemed the logical, right choice but afterward he realized he was actually hung up on Lauren?

Yes. and also the original Jason Mesnick, crying over a balcony after sending Molly home and proposing to Melissa, who seemed perfect on paper. At the after the final rose, he pulled a switcharoo and asked Molly for a second chance. Both Arie/Lauren and Jason/Molly are among the few successful Bachelor marriages. Gerry did seem to be “pulling a Mesnick” with those tears! He’s literally deciding between “the woman he can live with” (Theresa) and “the one he can’t live without” (Leslie).

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Alright, since the episode is over… I think Gerry (and little Gerry) is physically attracted to Leslie, but may be more emotionally/intellectually attracted to Theresa. Something seemed to shift after each overnight. 

But I still think Leslie has the edge, unless meeting the daughters changes things. Surely producers and editing try to make things appear more even when it becomes obvious who the F1 will be, just to create a modicum of suspense. 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

69 Lesley says.  A little raunchy there.  I feel sorry for the loser now, whoever it will be.  It’s getting too intense.  You can love two people at the same time.  I did when I was young.  I was going with someone for a few years, then met my husband at a company dance.  I started dating him too.  Crazy, but I loved them both .. and made a choice.  It was my husband who was more stable.  Married over fifty years.  For the first time, I think he cares more for Leslie than Teresa.  Seems like he has the hots for Leslie big time.

Interesting, I personally just didn't feel the sincerity between Gerry and Leslie, both of them seemed awkward and staged to me.  But I def felt a connection with Theresa. 

I guess Gerry is completely over Faith?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering which one his daughters like best.  The twice divorced sexy younger woman or the widow smart motherly stay at home type.

Or maybe he will choose one and then decide it's Faith lol, it's a real crapshoot on here lol ❤️🌹💔

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I think he would have more guilt about ditching Theresa.  She had a great love and he is the first man she’s been with since she was widowed.   Leslie has been married twice and seems to have had a dating life.  She’ll be hurt, but not the way Theresa would be….. of course Gerry made the hurt worse for whoeve4 he dumps…just like with Faith….he should have thought before raising hopes.

• Like 7

When Gerry looks at Lesley, he looks starry eyed, like he is in love.  When he looks at Teresa, there’s not that look.  It’s very obvious.  I don’t know if he’s looking for love, or convenience and a more practical marriage, which Teresa will give him.

• Like 17

I am liking this Theresa tonight. She seemed more relaxed than she has been for the entire time. She is much more of a grown-up than Leslie, thats for sure. I am glad that Gerry wanted to ask the pertinent questions tonight that were never brought up before now. I like that he felt that it was important to ask these questions and not just have his head swirling with only romance for a fantasy suite night. 

Leslie maybe a bit easier to look at, but Theresa looked good for her age too, fit and skinny boned but not TOO overly bony for her tiny frame. She could stand to gain 10 lbs.

Even at the end if the night between he and Theresa, I thought he was obviously more attracted physically to Leslie. 

Is he in it for outward looks… or whats good for a more stable future with someone who has taken care of her self quite well, on her own. 

Leslie just seems so much more childish and air headed than Theresa and Theresa is much more grounded in life than she appeared to be during this whole season. 

I think Theresa surprised him more than he ever thought she could. She played it pretty cool too, which I am glad for. Though Leslie is very nice and the better looking of the two, I do hope he picks Theresa. 

Intelligence is the biggest turn on for me. Some men too, lol. Is he going to be one of those kind of men? 

I think Theresa has hidden depths of intelligence and wisdom that now that it is whittled down to two, is apparent to Gerry.
I really just want him to listen to the advice to pick the one he can’t live without. That way, he won’t have to spend time second guessing himself, after the fact. 
The heart wants what the heart wants, and sometimes there is no reasoning with it. 
I have no clue of what his “list” of what he was looking for consisted of before he started this “journey” of his. It would be the best bet to stick to that plan and should make his choice for the long run, easier.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think he will choose Leslie.  She’s not a favorite.  I’m a Minnesotan too, and her bragging about dating Prince was like name dropping. Prince has his whole life known,  we are very protective of his legacy here, no one has ever said oh hey he dated a Leslie and they were a thing and isn’t she amazing.    There’s no proof.   That was a million years ago (I’m her age) .   I think she’s insincere and dishonest and I’m not liking her.  But she’s the one Gerry has professed undying love to.  Maybe she’s his person, but us Minnesotans are not kosher with her and her Prince brags. 
Her crying about not ever having anyone till death do they part…with her 2 ex husbands, doesn’t show well for her.  
I don’t know.  My watch party of Minnesotans and I don’t buy what she’s trying to sell.  We all feel she is so fake. .  
I just hope producers make Susan the next Golden Bachelorette. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think he would have more guilt about ditching Theresa.  She had a great love and he is the first man she’s been with since she was widowed.   Leslie has been married twice and seems to have had a dating life.  She’ll be hurt, but not the way Theresa would be….. of course Gerry made the hurt worse for whoeve4 he dumps…just like with Faith….he should have thought before raising hopes.

But they all do that on here don't they, they want to keep us guessing until the shocking grand finale!  He can't tell one he loves her then not tell the other, I guess he could say, ya know I'm kind of liking you, you might just be the one ha ha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
27 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I think he will choose Leslie.  She’s not a favorite.  I’m a Minnesotan too, and her bragging about dating Prince was like name dropping. Prince has his whole life known,  we are very protective of his legacy here, no one has ever said oh hey he dated a Leslie and they were a thing and isn’t she amazing.    There’s no proof.   That was a million years ago (I’m her age) .   I think she’s insincere and dishonest and I’m not liking her.  But she’s the one Gerry has professed undying love to.  Maybe she’s his person, but us Minnesotans are not kosher with her and her Prince brags. 
Her crying about not ever having anyone till death do they part…with her 2 ex husbands, doesn’t show well for her.  
I don’t know.  My watch party of Minnesotans and I don’t buy what she’s trying to sell.  We all feel she is so fake. .  

Yes, it's kind of all 'about Leslie' with her & Gerry, not that way with my choice, happens to be Theresa 🌹.... or Faith!  But Leslie seems a popular choice.

• Like 1

When Theresa said, 'I love you,' and Garry replied, 'You know how I feel about you,' I thought that was the 'tell' that he had chosen Leslie.  Then he got into the blah blah blah about their conversation the night before and it seemed they had made some deep connection. 

I think little Garry wants Leslie but big Garry is realizing that Theresa is probably a better match if he's looking for 'til death do them part.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

I think Teresa would be better for him because there isn’t much risk with her but when it comes down to it, Leslie is more fuckable to him than Teresa (even though I don’t think either of them actually did). 
This is neither here or there but Teresa look like she has implants or is wearing an add two sizes bra to n the horse date.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I like Theresa. 

This is the most I've liked her since maybe their first date. I learned a lot about Theresa.  The thing that stuns me is that it sounds like Gerry was hearing a lot of these things for the first time too.  Have they only talked about him during all the time they spent together?

4 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I just think he lives closer to Leslie than Teresa. 

But Theresa is willing to give up her job for him. That tells me she might be willing to give up NJ for him too.

4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I think rejection will be much harder on Leslie than Theresa. Theresa has had a great love, Leslie hasn't.

I kind of agree, but of the two, I think Theresa would have a harder time watching these episodes if she's with Gerry than Leslie would. 

3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Prince has his whole life known,  we are very protective of his legacy here, no one has ever said oh hey he dated a Leslie and they were a thing and isn’t she amazing.    There’s no proof.   That was a million years ago (I’m her age)...Maybe she’s his person, but us Minnesotans are not kosher with her and her Prince brags.

I don't think everything is known about Prince.  He kept his secrets to the point that people aren't sure whether or not he had a child who died.  I don't have a hard time believing she and Prince dated in their teens, especially since people in her family are involved in the Minneapolis music scene. I love Prince but the truth is his legacy includes things like dying from a drug overdose, leaving a mess of an estate and allegedly, at 31, seeing a 16-year-old in the crowd and deciding he was going to marry her (which he did when she was 22 and he 37).  I can't see how dating Leslie from The Golden Bachelor tarnishes his legacy more than those facts would. 

I'm also from MN and like Leslie just fine.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Since this is the GOLDEN Bachelor, should we also expect to see random lube tubes and certain medications on the nightstands, also?🙈

And, frankly, some blood on the sheets. Unless they're using hormone replacements.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, endure said:

Or maybe he will choose one and then decide it's Faith lol, it's a real crapshoot on here lol ❤️🌹💔

That's  my thought. He chooses the wrong one  or neither  of them. I just can't see him with either  of them long term. He's  not my type, but I think  he's  fun..

• Like 2
On 11/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Starlight925 said:

OK so this isn't technically a spoiler, but I'll use a Spoiler tag, in case it's not allowed:

Hide contents

My friend just met Gerry at the airport!  She ran into him and stopped him, and he was kind enough to take pics with her and her family, including one with her hugging him!

In the Bachelor franchise, once the Bachelor/ette makes their final choice, they are contractually bound to secrecy until the finale airs.  But since there is a several-month lag in between filming and airing, the show flies them to see each other in cities that are not where either of them live.

So presumably, Gerry was flying from one random city to another, to rendezvous with his final choice.

He was very handsome in the pics.  Jeans, a casual long-sleeved knit shirt, carrying a water bottle, and a small bag over his shoulder.  Clean-shaven (thankfully), and all smiles.  All in all, they said he was a great sport.

So that's it....not a true spoiler, but don't want to reveal anything we're not allowed to reveal!

What  part was spoiler, he was at the airport flying to maybe  seeing one of the two?   

• Like 1

Leslie in her talking  heads is  so vulnerable and sad and broken and desperate for love,  I wonder if she isn't pandering for the cameras.

But then so many of the women  are and I'd  guess one would have to be to sign up for this  show.

I've liked Leslie but leaning towards him picking  Theresa, she's more grounded  and they have both lost a  spouse.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

Gerry: "You haven't asked me any of the hard questions."

Leslie: "When was the last time you had sex?"

🤦‍♀️

I think that just sealed it for me.  Teresa for the duration of their lives.  She is the more sensible one.  Leslie is more playful, but Teresa is more practical for the long haul.  She’s stable and will sit on his porch with him.  Amen.

• Like 10

I couldn’t believe he is just now finding out what Theresa’s job is and being so amazed by it that it seemingly changed his thoughts about her. And then patting himself on the back for being so open? I think that’s something you learn fairly early when meeting someone. Then I remembered they’ve had only two or three dates. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

This “ Golden” season is so short, I don’t know how these people could know each other enough for an engagement. Theresa would probably fit in better with his life but at least Leslie was honest at needing time with her family. I’m sure Theresa will need that time as well.  I think he is very smitten with Leslie, but he might pick Theresa as the one who will fit in more.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Jillybean said:

Gerry: "You haven't asked me any of the hard questions."

Leslie: "When was the last time you had sex?"

🤦‍♀️

See that is what bothered me (along with the 69 comment). I get it, your the sexy one but if this is supposed to be a life long commitment, there are more important things to discuss. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Tink said:

I couldn’t believe he is just now finding out what Theresa’s job is and being so amazed by it that it seemingly changed his thoughts about her. And then patting himself on the back for being so open? I think that’s something you learn fairly early when meeting someone. Then I remembered they’ve had only two or three dates. 

Any man who actually is as 'caring' as everyone proclaims him to be, wouldn't be tossing out  I love you proclaimations  to all the  women  and their families. 

He hits  all the notes in the playe handbook from the PUA *PICK UP ARTIST  forum that teaches men how to get women to have sex with them/fall in love quickly.

One of it is called  'future forwarding'  where  the man talks about the future with the woman right away along with  all the looking into their eyes and making them all think he 'sees them'  and they both have so much in common are all tactics to 'sweep women off their feet'  and escalate a 'relationship' with the goal of just getting sex  or  whatever 'win'  these insecure men are after.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4

Theresa has been playing Gerry this whole time.  She started with the 'I had a whole in my heart and never thought I would find love again' line that perfectly mirrored what Gerry was selling at the beginning of the show.  Then she became 'helpless' so that Gerry would come to her rescue-'I don't know why that mean old Kathy doesn't like me...'  When she noticed him pulling away in Costa Rica, she brought out the 'I'm actually a very good financial planner who beat out all kinds of young college grads to get hired.'  Of course she didn't present her intelligent self at the beginning-she wanted Gerry to feel close and protective to her.  I had too many friends when I was younger who 'played' the game to snag their husbands and who told me to hide who I was (intelligent, athletic, etc.).  

But, I also think that Leslie is overplaying the 'I never had love like this' card while referencing her two exs along with those she dated.  I wonder how her children view these comments about their fathers (or maybe they really were horrible people).  

I really think the participants in the Golden Bachelor are just as manipulative and fake as those in the other iterations of this show.  Except Susan.  I still adore Susan...just laugh and cook and have fun!

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just watched again.  I really like Gerry and now hope he picks Teresa.  Lesley is too hip for him.  Divorced twice, maybe been around more than him, is younger, and probably would want sex every night.  He’s 72 and don’t think he could keep up with her.  Teresa adores him and looks like a homebody who will cook and sit with him on the porch.  Men slow down at that age and I don’t think Leslie is the right fit for him.  I hope he picks Teresa for his own sake.  Leslie is hot to trot.   At his point in his life, a companion and a good meal everyday, watch tv with someone is the ideal.  It’s comfortable and right.  P.S.  I think his daughters will love Teresa, not Leslie.  Just my opinion of course.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Theresa is smart, which for me highlights the inauthenticity of her goofy dumb act with Kathy.

It's possible to be both smart and naive. She sort of reminds me of my mother, who is also a widow and probably wouldn't know how to act on a show like this.

• Like 4

I think now that Gerry’s dilemma is choosing between lust and love. Or rather, which woman has a lust/love combo that for him gives the slightly larger percentage to love. 

IOW, I now put Leslie at 55/45, and "Treesa" [tm Gerry] at 45/55. 

Learning about Theresa's financial smarts seemed to make an impact on Gerry. 

Riding horses, as with driving dune buggies, is one of those together but separate  activities. Plus, riding ahead of Theresa afforded little opportunity for conversation. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think now that Gerry’s dilemma is choosing between lust and love. Or rather, which woman has a lust/love combo that for him gives the slightly larger percentage to love. 

IOW, I now put Leslie at 55/45, and "Treesa" [tm Gerry] at 45/55. 

Learning about Theresa's financial smarts seemed to make an impact on Gerry. 

Riding horses, as with driving dune buggies, is one of those together but separate  activities. Plus, riding ahead of Theresa afforded little opportunity for conversation. 

Rapalling down a waterfall didn’t offer much interesting convo time either, yikes poor Leslie seemed terrified!  I immediately thought of poor Faith when they were  going horseback riding 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

What in the body suit hell was Theresa wearing at the Fantasy Suite? A one piece isn’t practical for sexy times either.

I think it was two pieces, but it seemed like a leotard cut in half.  Very odd to me.  It's not the first time Treeza has dressed way too young for her age.  Last week when they aired a scene in their bedroom, (I think it was the 'we all have gas' bit) she was standing there in very short white shorts and a skin tight beige tank top making it clear she had implants.

Maybe I'm just jealous. but no matter how slim your legs are, it looked wrong somehow. Maybe when the other women were talking about how tiny her clothes were it wasn't just the size but the style that bother them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I think it was two pieces, but it seemed like a leotard cut in half.  Very odd to me.  It's not the first time Treeza has dressed way too young for her age.  Last week when they aired a scene in their bedroom, (I think it was the 'we all have gas' bit) she was standing there in very short white shorts and a skin tight beige tank top making it clear she had implants.

Maybe I'm just jealous. but no matter how slim your legs are, it looked wrong somehow. Maybe when the other women were talking about how tiny her clothes were it wasn't just the size but the style that bother them.

Leslie also dresses young for her age. A frayed denim mini-skirt (and she has worn frayed shorts before). 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I really wish they didn’t do proposals at the end, other countries in the franchise don’t.

I'm the opposite.  I wish they'd have an officiant do the ceremony on the spot.

12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Prince has his whole life known,  we are very protective of his legacy here, no one has ever said oh hey he dated a Leslie and they were a thing and isn’t she amazing.    There’s no proof.  

There's a photo of Leslie's infant son on a piano bench in Prince's studio. Doesn't prove they'd dated in the past, but there's no way I could get a picture of my infant son on Prince's piano bench, so there's got to be some connection.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This is the most I've liked her since maybe their first date. I learned a lot about Theresa.  The thing that stuns me is that it sounds like Gerry was hearing a lot of these things for the first time too. 

I was shocked.  He had only the vaguest notion of what she currently does for a living, and she's in the final two? 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1

It was kind of gross that he  did not know what Theresa did for a living but he seemed to know she still worked.  

This stupid show.    They talked about that she was still working but he did not ask what she did?   That is amazing to me.   And when any of us meet people, that is always one of the first questions. 

How do any of them think they are in love?     Are the conversations we see really it?   They don't even know each other.   

This show makes me cringe as much as it makes me laugh.   

I do not see how anyone could take this seriously.  

I felt like every smooch was producer driven.  Ok Gerry and Leslie, stop here and kiss on these slippery rocks, while you're doing something you haven't done before.   Ok  you two lay down in bed and start kissing.  Leslie, throw your leg over him.... yeah, that's it.... now we're going to focus on your butt....   

I don't feel bad for them -- they signed up for this.    I know it is not impossible that 2 people could meet on a show like this and actually fall in love but they do not know each other enough to be talking love and marriage.   

But I think a lot of that is also producer driven.    That's why we watch.    If it was too realistic, it wouldn't be as fun.    

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

What in the body suit hell was Theresa wearing at the Fantasy Suite? A one piece isn’t practical for sexy times either.

LOL. I forgot about that, but it was VERY weird. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I don’t think he had sex with either one of them in the Fantasy Suite.  Or am I being nieve?

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Minnesota here!  Are you in the SW metro?  Can I invite myself over?  I am 56F, sped teacher, very normal.  promise.

• LOL 7
10 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t think he had sex with either one of them in the Fantasy Suite.  Or am I being nieve?

I  honestly don't think he did. I think there might have been some other stuff going on. Who knows? 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, mishap said:

I don't feel bad for them -- they signed up for this. 

Thanks for the reminders, I do get caught up and start worrying about broken hearts when they not only signed up for it they must have watched past seasons and know how the final two always think they're the ones.  By this point in the show they've also seen a dozen other women get rejected and the finalists don't seem to have lost any sleep over them.  For all we know the real psychological damage might be in the earliest rejects who now think they're so invisible they weren't even worth a conversation.

As for Treeza's job.  I think he did know she worked in stocks, he didn't ask her what she did, he just said tell me about your job and she went right into how she got started in the field and how great she was at it.  I think it's those details he wanted.  

I think he probably talked to Treeza all night, but I don't think Leslie would have let him go without pushing hard for a chance to show her sexy skills. After all, that seems to be how she sees herself, as the sexy dancer.  She wasn't already talking like Beevis and Butthead for nothing.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, mishap said:

It was kind of gross that he  did not know what Theresa did for a living but he seemed to know she still worked.  

This stupid show.    They talked about that she was still working but he did not ask what she did?   That is amazing to me.   And when any of us meet people, that is always one of the first questions. 

How do any of them think they are in love?     Are the conversations we see really it?   They don't even know each other.   

This show makes me cringe as much as it makes me laugh.   

I do not see how anyone could take this seriously.  

I felt like every smooch was producer driven.  Ok Gerry and Leslie, stop here and kiss on these slippery rocks, while you're doing something you haven't done before.   Ok  you two lay down in bed and start kissing.  Leslie, throw your leg over him.... yeah, that's it.... now we're going to focus on your butt....   

I don't feel bad for them -- they signed up for this.    I know it is not impossible that 2 people could meet on a show like this and actually fall in love but they do not know each other enough to be talking love and marriage.   

But I think a lot of that is also producer driven.    That's why we watch.    If it was too realistic, it wouldn't be as fun.    

One hour was not enough.  They needed two to show the viewers more conversations.  Too much kissing.  I had to look away.  I didn’t care for Lesley’s sexual comments either.  I don’t think he did either as he has two daughters who probably watch.  

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

One hour was not enough.  They needed two to show the viewers more conversations.  Too much kissing.  I had to look away.  I didn’t care for Lesley’s sexual comments either.  I don’t think he did either as he has two daughters who probably watch.  

I had mentioned that I didn't care for some of her comments as I felt it was something a high schooler would say (ie 69). It gave me a sense that she is either emotionally immature or she feels that her worth is tied into her being sexy and forward. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Fantasy Suites have finally arrived- throw it down, Grandzaddy! 🙌🌹🔥😄

I'm expecting perfectly done makeup and hair when the women pretend to just wake up, unripe honeydew melon and English muffins, a pile of clothing on the floor, and random shots of animals looking at the camera.  Don't disappoint me, producers! 😄

OM goodness 'unripe honeydew melon' - that is hilarious!  And 'animals looking at the camera' !!! I love you for those comments !!!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I hope Teresa isn't watching the show. Gerry's "I found myself wondering what Leslie was doing" will hurt regardless of who he chose. I loved her back story about her career, though. Ageism is so prevalent in hiring/promoting people, and HR never discusses it when we talk about bias. Kudos for that company giving Teresa a chance over the usual youthful candidates. 

I didn't think Leslie's question about sex was that odd, given that the Fantasy Suite was looming. I hope it's not the only question she asked him though. Maybe she hasn't gone that deep because she doesn't know how to talk to Gerry about his wife in the natural way that the widows on the show have. It's not a shared experience.

Is it me or did Leslie seem more distant the morning after? I can't tell if she just keeps her cards close or if she's not as into Gerry as he is her. I do think Gerry will pick her even though Teresa seems like a better fit.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, archer1267 said:

Is it me or did Leslie seem more distant the morning after? I can't tell if she just keeps her cards close or if she's not as into Gerry as he is her. I do think Gerry will pick her even though Teresa seems like a better fit.

I kind of caught that but thought I was imagining it. Maybe the night didn't go as planned? 

• Like 4