Type keyword(s) to search

The Wishlist: What We'd Like To See & What We Expect

vb68
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

SOMEBODY does not like John Adams!

And that somebody needs to go back to school and/or watch the movie 1776! We owe our country to John Adams! He may have been (in his own words) obnoxious and disliked, but he got the job done and didn't give up until we got the Declaration of  Independence. AND after that was signed he dedicated his life to ensuring that we would win the war and officially get our freedom.

We owe a LOT to that man!

John Adams called Hamilton a "Creole bastard". Ham had a lot of reason to dislike him. LMM is doing this in the character of Alexander Hamilton and his relationship to Adams. Hint: They weren't friends. Oh, and Lin's done a lot more than watch a movie for his research. Watch the documentary coming up on PBS about the making of Hamilton.

2 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

I didn't know this thread even existed! Gee...whjat we'd like to see on SNL? Well, I've had a few ideas for some funny skits..

this one would be a debate spoof...maybe this coming one? Or the third one...who's moderating the third one? Buut it WOULD focus on Kate McKinnon's Hillary. It would actually be a spoof of A Few Good Men...the Jack Nicolson speech. (one of my personal favorite movie scenes)

It would be during the debate, and "Anderson Cooper" (or whoever's moderating the third debate) , who as you know, if an experienced professionalism, would be questioning Hillary about the e-mails. AND unlike ol' Lestor, he would NOT be sugarcoating the issue, asking her straight out...and Hillary The Despirate would then launch into the Speech...this spoof would call for Alec's Trump to use facial expressions a lot.

ANDERSON: Mrs. Clinton...did you delete the e-mails?

OTHER MODERATOR: Ya don't have to answer the question...

HILLARY: I'll answer the question! You want answers...

ANDERSON: I think the public is entitled to answers

HILLARY (sounding more despirate): You want ANSWERS?

ANDERSON (indicating audience): They want the truth..

HILLARY: THEY CAN;T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

As Kate/Hillary starts the speech, she starts to look and act more and more despirate...and more and more crazy. Meanwhile the camera keeps cutting to Alec/Trump and his reaction shots. First he's looking at her like, 'Is this really happening?' then his face is all 'What the hell is wrong with her?' then it would be like 'Is she really all right?' then in the next shot he'd be trying to slowly move backward from her...taking his podium with him! Finally when she reaches the end she looks like THE most despirate, power hungry person in the world.

ANDERSON (still calmly): Did you delete the e-mails?

HILLARY: You snotty little..

ANDERSON: Did you delete the e-mails..

HILLARY (finally exploding): YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT, I DID!!!!

ANDERSON: Thank you, Mrs. Clinton. The debate will resume after these messages...and live from New York, it's Saturday Niiiiiiiight!

(man, get me Lorne Micheals e-mail, I think I got something here!)

I think it;s more likely that they will spoof Trump's creepy stalking around the stage.

Edited by ChromaKelly
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

SOMEBODY does not like John Adams!

And that somebody needs to go back to school and/or watch the movie 1776! We owe our country to John Adams! He may have been (in his own words) obnoxious and disliked, but he got the job done and didn't give up until we got the Declaration of  Independence. AND after that was signed he dedicated his life to ensuring that we would win the war and officially get our freedom.

We owe a LOT to that man!

In case you are worried that Lin-Manuel Miranda doesn't respect John Adams, here he with Stephen Colbert doing a rap as John Adams.

• Love 1

This will be a fun post-debate edition of SNL.

Bad Hombres - I'm hoping after Alec Trump says this line the music dramatically changes to a spaghetti western theme and a man in a black hat walks out on stage. Clint Eastwood are you available for a last minute cameo?

Nasty Woman - Can Kate McKinnon pull off a spontaneous free-style seeming rap?

You're the puppet! No you're the Puppet! - Please. Please have puppets. In fact you could just have the guys from Avenue Q do the sketch and let Baldwin and McKinnon do the voices.

clinton-trump-puppets-crop.jpg?itok=a36f

• Love 3

At the beginning of "Weekend Update," the guys could say something like, "OK, Donald, since you don't like us anymore, we're 'unshackled' too." 

With Benedict Cumberbatch hosting the November 5th episode, I would love to see a Sherlock-based Office parody and a sketch with Cumberbatch playing Speaker Of the House Paul Ryan in which Ryan is either perpetually indecisive or he's the target of a prank war by Donald Trump. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, helenamonster said:

Sterling K. Brown would be awesome. He's also fresh off an Emmy win, and they could do an OJ sketch.

And they could have Sara Paulson do a cameo for a Studio 60 spoof (but only five or so of us would get it).  : )

• Love 4

Oh man, one of my favorite actors is a Hallmark Channel regular. Apparently there are a huge number of Type-A career women with important jobs in the big city who inherit quirky farms/stores/tourist attractions in the country from beloved relatives and end up being swept off their feet and convinced to stay by the local miraculously single hot guy.

Just once I'd like to see the trope subverted and have the movie show why the successful, intelligent, apparently sweet and considerate 40-something GQ model doesn't have every available local woman pursuing him like a lioness after a fat antelope with three legs. My suggestions are either he's a serial killer who decided on a rural area to more easily dispose of bodies, or he's too busy rolling around in the hay with all the available local men.

• Love 4

Oh No @Bruinsfan - don't spoil it for us!!!  Daughter in law and I watched a lot of them this past week and one of the male characters was in so many of them as the lead male, we were calling him by his name in the first one we watched and as soon as it started we said "let's predict how it will end".  Great mindless way to pass some time.

On 1/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Oh man, one of my favorite actors is a Hallmark Channel regular. Apparently there are a huge number of Type-A career women with important jobs in the big city who inherit quirky farms/stores/tourist attractions in the country from beloved relatives and end up being swept off their feet and convinced to stay by the local miraculously single hot guy.

Just once I'd like to see the trope subverted and have the movie show why the successful, intelligent, apparently sweet and considerate 40-something GQ model doesn't have every available local woman pursuing him like a lioness after a fat antelope with three legs. My suggestions are either he's a serial killer who decided on a rural area to more easily dispose of bodies, or he's too busy rolling around in the hay with all the available local men.

Don't forget the sassy friend (who MIGHT even be allowed to be of color!), the cynical busybody who wants to cause trouble, the possible former ex boyfriend/girlfriend, the mean boss who needs to learn a lesson or two about being nice, and the cute kid who reminds us all of the true spirit of Christmas. There probably will be some kind of guardian angel as well. Either a kindly old spirit, a spunky young gal, or a kindly young hunk who went too soon.

As for the last theory...god, I always think that when I see Hallmark Channel King Cameron Mathison. I know he's not actually gay (at least he's been married to a woman since the 90's), but god the dude looks like a 40-something gym queen/tanorexic. He really does embody that "gay or serial killer?" deal there.

I would like to see a more realistic portrayal of Kellyanne Conway (KAC) .  Her character on the show as played by Kate McKinnon cringes away from characters representing other Trump staff/cabinet members. That seems more like Kate's real-live response to those people.  KAC's tactic is diversion and fast talk. She never answers the questions.  It is a missed opportunity by SNL. There is a lot of gold to mine from a better portrayal.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2016 at 0:11 PM, DollEyes said:

With the success of This Is Us, I would like to see either Mandy Moore or Sterling K.Brown host. 

I'm dying for a parody of This Is Us, but I can see NBC forcing SNL to soft-pedal here as This Is Us is the closet thing NBC has had to a real hit in a very long time.

Mandy Moore strikes me as someone who'd be pretty game.

13 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

Okay so we can all agree Leslie is going to be playing "Bus lady with the selfie stick" from the Oscars this week, right?

And who will be Gary from Chicago? Keenan?

Edited by topanga
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2017 at 11:24 AM, topanga said:
On 2/27/2017 at 10:07 PM, Traveller519 said:

Okay so we can all agree Leslie is going to be playing "Bus lady with the selfie stick" from the Oscars this week, right?

And who will be Gary from Chicago? Keenan?

He certainly got more interesting with the revelations about his past.

I have a question, though.  If someone was on a celebrity tour during the Oscars, doesn't it mean they're not that invested in movie celebrities or they'd be in their hotel room actually watching the Oscars? So the tourists who were invited into the theater would be a lot less impressed by the whole thing than your typical tour bus riders?

• Love 1
(edited)

In California, do they actually air the Oscars live (which would mean that they would start at 5:30 PM), or do they record them and air them later so that they start at 8:30? My instinct would tell me that they air them live, but I really don't know. I live on the East Coast so I never have to worry about this; "live" is usually always live for me. 

If you're on vacation, I guess you take the celebrity tour when you can take it, although waiting until 5:30 in the evening to do so the night of the Oscars does seem a little strange to me. 

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Phishbulb said:

In California, do they actually air the Oscars live (which would mean that they would start at 5:30 PM), or do they record them and air them later so that they start at 8:30? My instinct would tell me that they air them live, but I really don't know. I live on the East Coast so I never have to worry about this; "live" is usually always live for me. 

I do think it's live.  If it weren't, there would certainly have been a great temptation Sunday night to edit it for the West Coast!

Haha, yeah. I guess it's always on a Sunday so it doesn't really matter because most people aren't working at that time and are at home to watch it. In fact, living in LA might actually be a better place to watch it because you can watch the entire show and still be done a little after 9 o'clock; none of this having to stay up until midnight to see the end of the show. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

If you're on vacation, I guess you take the celebrity tour when you can take it, although waiting until 5:30 in the evening to do so the night of the Oscars does seem a little strange to me. 

They do show it live in CA.  I would think the people on the tour were probably told, hey its the Oscars tonight, you might see more stars around the area.

I really wish they would tinker with the schedule some and balance it out more. The Fall is usually fine, but going from January-April with only two shows a month is a long slog and can hamper momentum. Granted I know they couldn't have predicted the way this particular season was going to work out, but in general the back half of the season could use more episodes IMO. 

Next season has The Winter Olympics so February is probably out, and March and/or April will probably get the extra shows.

And please go back to 22 episodes a year.

• Love 2