Type keyword(s) to search

The Wishlist: What We'd Like To See & What We Expect

vb68
  • Start Topic

I really wanted Chris Evans to host, but he has talked about having anxiety in the past (he's had some pretty big anxiety attacks before large press conferences in the past) so I can see him being hesitant to host even if asked. Being on a talk show is one thing, but live comedy, especially if you're prone to anxiety attacks is a whole other beast.

• Love 1

Given the upcoming Oscar season, my picks for potential hosts are still Michael Fassbender, Eddie Redmayne & Idris Elba, but I'm also including Alicia Vikander, Tom Hardy, Mark Ruffalo & Leonardo DiCaprio.

Since I've just seen/love the new Star Wars movie & I know that Adam Driver hosts on January 16th,  I would love to see Oscar Isaac, who plays Poe Dameron, host a future episode. Since Isaac got his first Golden Globe nomination for Inside Llewellyn Davis, he's got both musical and comedy chops.  

Edited by DollEyes

I saw him in A Most Violent Year, and hated the movie and him in it, but he endeared himself to me with TFA and this clip of him singing "Star Wars" ala Bill Murray.

Edited by cpcathy

I'm hoping they're gonna have Tina as Palin and Darrell as Trump. The cray cray vibes I got from Palin when she endorsed Trump (in real life) scared the bejesus out of me.I'd love to see that done on this next SNL.

• Love 3

Since Zoolander 2 is coming out on Feb 12, and it co-stars two former SNL cast members (Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrell) and one current one (Kyle Mooney), I bet we get someone from the movie hosting - my money is on Ben Stiller, since I bet they save Kristen for a host when Ghostbusters comes out.

Edited by Princess Sparkle

I was thinking Ryan Reynolds was probably a lock with Deadpool coming out, but Larry David taking up one of the two February slots really throws it into doubt.

I would really like to see Ryan host again.  The last time Ben hosted a couple of years ago, I thought he was just going through the motions with it, so I hope it's not him.

Since Zoolander 2 is coming out on Feb 12, and it co-stars two former SNL cast members (Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrell) and one current one (Kyle Mooney), I bet we get someone from the movie hosting - my money is on Ben Stiller, since I bet they save Kristen for a host when Ghostbusters comes out.

If they have Kristen for Ghostbusters, it'll have to be the season finale (or at least one of the last few episodes), since it doesn't come out until July.

The musical guests have been great this season, especially the November ones.  The performer that would be the cherry on top of the Adele and Sia ones would be David Bowie, who has a new album out in January. 

I just read this, from Nov., 2015, and got sad.

• Love 1

Is too much to hope for a Jason Sudeikis cameo as Mitt Romney this week?

What's Jason's relationship with the show these days? He wasn't quoted in Live from New York at all, was he? And I don't remember, was he at the 40th?

I know they won't do it, but part of me is hoping that Bobby as Chris Christie just stands in the background of every sketch for the whole show, staring blankly at the other performers.

• Love 5

He did show up to the 40th, so at least on good enough terms for that. I would actually love if he came back as Romney, but I believe that he is with Olivia Wilde while she's shooting on location in New Orleans, so he'd have to make a special trip up. Unless he's in NYC this week.

If I can't have Leo hosting, I want another cameo this week while Jonah Hill is hosting. Leo doesn't seem too keen on live tv (he rarely does interviews, and I think only really did quite a few for the Revenant because of his Oscars campaign), so I'm guessing he won't host the show, but I really wish he would because he is a funny guy who doesn't do nearly enough comedy.

I know they won't do it, but part of me is hoping that Bobby as Chris Christie just stands in the background of every sketch for the whole show, staring blankly at the other performers.

That would be great!

Boy there really is enough political material this week for them to stretch it out over the whole show if they wanted. 

• Love 3

Peyton Manning hosted SNL after he won his Super Bowl in 2007. (His brother hosted after he won the Super Bowl in 2012.)

Peyton was such a friend of the show that he was there for SNL 40.

Which begs the question: Since he just won a Super Bowl, and since he's good at these (SNL) things Will Peyton, who announced his retirement today, come back to host season?

One problem, though: Peyton has been plagued in recent weeks by the sexual assault scandal allegations.

Peyton Manning hosted SNL after he won his Super Bowl in 2007. (His brother hosted after he won the Super Bowl in 2012.)

Peyton was such a friend of the show that he was there for SNL 40.

Which begs the question: Since he just won a Super Bowl, and since he's good at these (SNL) things Will Peyton, who announced his retirement today, come back to host season?

One problem, though: Peyton has been plagued in recent weeks by the sexual assault scandal allegations.

Well there's that plus the fact he hired a war criminal to get some thugs to get the guy who broke the HGH story to back down, plus he'd probably say "Budweiser" about 10 times, and finally if any one person won that Super Bowl, it was Von Miller not Peyton Manning. 

• Love 1

The Vice-Presidential Debate is this Tuesday...wonder who's gonna play Mike Pence and Tom Watts?

6 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

The DNC owns part of NBC? Really? Source? This is the network that aired The Apprentice and had Trump host last season.

Melania moments cracked me up.

The DNC bought shares of it after The Apprentence went off the air. I read that in anarticle by Dick Morris, who was a political advisor for years.

But if you think Melania Moments was funny, can you IMAGINE how hysterical Bill Moments would be? I DEMAND Bill Moments!

7 minutes ago, SpikeGal said:

The Vice-Presidential Debate is this Tuesday...wonder who's gonna play Mike Pence and Tom Watts?

The DNC bought shares of it after The Apprentence went off the air. I read that in anarticle by Dick Morris, who was a political advisor for years.

But if you think Melania Moments was funny, can you IMAGINE how hysterical Bill Moments would be? I DEMAND Bill Moments!

Do you mean Tim Kaine?

• Love 2
Just now, ChromaKelly said:

Do you mean Tim Kaine?

Right. Tom Kane. Sorry. Wonder who's gonna do him? And Anderson Cooper is gonna moderate. right? (let's hope he does a better job than that other guy!)  Does Darrell do him?

4 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

I'm calling Beck Bennett as Pence. I would have said Taran as Kaine but with him gone, maybe a new guy?

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

I can't find a single source to back this claim up.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Paws said:

Lin -Manuel Miranda's father is an advisor to the DNC and to Hillary. Lin-Manuel has hosted fundraisers for Hillary at the Richard Rodgers theater and Renee Elise Goldsberry (Angelica Schuyler) has done fundraisers for HRC as well. They're looking for a mind at work.

Thanks for the warning. Thank God the One Punch Man season finale is happening that night. Now I know what to watch.

Who does Anderson Cooper? Ya think it's gonna be Darrell?

Well, that's two weeks away at any rate. The debate tonight is the VP debate and it's being moderated by Elaine Quijano. Anderson doesn't show up until the debate Sunday night. They're not going to waste Anderson on the VP candidates.

15 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Bobby as Kaine? He's got a certain scrunchy-nosed cuddly quality that Kaine seems to have.

I didn't notice this until you said it, but you're right. His body type isn't quite right for Kaine, but he does have the face and overall jovial quality that sort of personifies him. It would be a big get for one of the new guys if they could nab it (especially if he does end up being our VP), but now I could totally buy Bobby doing it as well.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2016 at 7:41 PM, cpcathy said:

Bobby as Kaine? He's got a certain scrunchy-nosed cuddly quality that Kaine seems to have.

On 10/4/2016 at 10:50 AM, helenamonster said:

I didn't notice this until you said it, but you're right. His body type isn't quite right for Kaine, but he does have the face and overall jovial quality that sort of personifies him. It would be a big get for one of the new guys if they could nab it (especially if he does end up being our VP), but now I could totally buy Bobby doing it as well.

You know, I had originally thought maybe Kyle would do the Kaine impression, but now that Bobby is in my brain as a possibility I can't see anyone but him as Kaine.  After watching the VP debate last night, Bobby looks way more like him than I initially thought.  

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, ChromaKelly said:

Maybe LMM can do a Trump version of the John Adams rap?

SOMEBODY does not like John Adams!

And that somebody needs to go back to school and/or watch the movie 1776! We owe our country to John Adams! He may have been (in his own words) obnoxious and disliked, but he got the job done and didn't give up until we got the Declaration of  Independence. AND after that was signed he dedicated his life to ensuring that we would win the war and officially get our freedom.

We owe a LOT to that man!

Edited by SpikeGal

I didn't know this thread even existed! Gee...whjat we'd like to see on SNL? Well, I've had a few ideas for some funny skits..

this one would be a debate spoof...maybe this coming one? Or the third one...who's moderating the third one? Buut it WOULD focus on Kate McKinnon's Hillary. It would actually be a spoof of A Few Good Men...the Jack Nicolson speech. (one of my personal favorite movie scenes)

It would be during the debate, and "Anderson Cooper" (or whoever's moderating the third debate) , who as you know, if an experienced professionalism, would be questioning Hillary about the e-mails. AND unlike ol' Lestor, he would NOT be sugarcoating the issue, asking her straight out...and Hillary The Despirate would then launch into the Speech...this spoof would call for Alec's Trump to use facial expressions a lot.

ANDERSON: Mrs. Clinton...did you delete the e-mails?

OTHER MODERATOR: Ya don't have to answer the question...

HILLARY: I'll answer the question! You want answers...

ANDERSON: I think the public is entitled to answers

HILLARY (sounding more despirate): You want ANSWERS?

ANDERSON (indicating audience): They want the truth..

HILLARY: THEY CAN;T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

As Kate/Hillary starts the speech, she starts to look and act more and more despirate...and more and more crazy. Meanwhile the camera keeps cutting to Alec/Trump and his reaction shots. First he's looking at her like, 'Is this really happening?' then his face is all 'What the hell is wrong with her?' then it would be like 'Is she really all right?' then in the next shot he'd be trying to slowly move backward from her...taking his podium with him! Finally when she reaches the end she looks like THE most despirate, power hungry person in the world.

ANDERSON (still calmly): Did you delete the e-mails?

HILLARY: You snotty little..

ANDERSON: Did you delete the e-mails..

HILLARY (finally exploding): YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT, I DID!!!!

ANDERSON: Thank you, Mrs. Clinton. The debate will resume after these messages...and live from New York, it's Saturday Niiiiiiiight!

(man, get me Lorne Micheals e-mail, I think I got something here!)