Type keyword(s) to search

The Cheers Trivia Game

Jac

(Rules borrowed from the Frasier Trivia Game)

I will start it off by asking a trivia question about the series. The first one to answer it has to come up with the next question.

Some rules:

No fair Googling for the answer, this has to come from memory.

There needs to be at least one other poster between you and your last answer/question. Let's give everyone a chance, even those on different time zones.

It's your choice on whether you want multiple choice or just question/answer.

First question:

What is the name of the of the woman Frasier starts dating after his godawful date with Lilith in Second Time Around? (Bonus points if you can remember the correct spelling of her name and the reason it was spelt that way).

• Love 1

Frasier had been accepted for a fellowship at the University of Bologna <-- is it bad that every time I spell that word, I think of the Oscar Meyer commercial?

What was the name of the real bar that Cheers was based on?

What was the name of Lisa Pantusso's short-lived fiancé?

He even had an obnoxious name: Roy (my apologies to anybody not obnoxious named Roy)

What are the names of all of Carla's children? (I'm worried this one might be too hard. I know it, though!)

• Love 1

Ansalem's (sp?) Abbey - Sisters of the Divine Severity

In the episode where Sam and Diane are finally going to be married, Sam daydreams far into the future. Of the regulars (Sam, Diane, Cliff, Norm, Carla) who is the only one that didn't show up physically in his dream?

Well, in Sam's daydream, Cliff and Norm actually appear, Woody is spoken about and Carla calls them on the phone.

Who were the two actors who took turns playing Gary, owner of Gary's Old Town Tavern?

• Love 1

Hilariously, I'm watching that episode right now. It was next on my netflix queue: Michelangelo's Two Muscular Guys Touching Fingers (although I didn't need the episode to be on to get it, I totally knew it).

What was the name of the horror movie Rebecca's sister, Susan, was in? (But not the one she's NOT proud of...)

What was the name of the horror movie Rebecca's sister, Susan, was in? (But not the one she's NOT proud of...)

All I remember is Night of the Mutants.  But I can't remember the other one, so I don't know if it's the one she is or is not proud of, so I wont ask another question in case I am wrong.

All I remember is Night of the Mutants. But I can't remember the other one, so I don't know if it's the one she is or is not proud of, so I wont ask another question in case I am wrong.

That's right. She doesn't ever say the name of the one she's not proud of, just that it and Night of the Mutants are both "two-headed movies."

• Love 1

Woody sent letters to big-city bars, and Coach was the only person who ever responded.

In S1, Diane is visited by her college friend, Rebecca Proud.  Rebecca has just parted ways with her long-time boyfriend, Elliott. In what field did Elliott receive his doctorate?

• Love 1

^ No takers then? I'll go ahead and answer it and do a new question.

Other Rebecca's academic specialty was translating Russian poetry. I can't imagine who was willing to pay her for that.

New question:

33ED045E-758D-4013-9C5C-E558AB9728B4_zps

What Simpsons characters did these two actors play?

• Love 1

Aye caramba! That's none other than Bart Simpson! (Made even funnier because Sideshow Bob always wants to kill Bart.)

What was the name of the lodge that Norm wanted to join (and Cliff was already a member)?

Edited: M. Darcy beat me to it. 

Edited by rubaco
  • Love 1

OMG!  That is Nancy Cartwright???  I would have NEVER guessed that in a million years, but now that I know, how could I not???

Knights of Simatar?   I am guessing, so let me know if it's right and then I will ask a question.

Aye caramba! That's none other than Bart Simpson! (Made even funnier because Sideshow Bob always wants to kill Bart.)

That's why I love that episode. It's like, holy shit, it's Bart and Sideshow Bob!

PS: sorry the picture sucked so much. I tried to find one online but came up empty so that was done with my iphone camera and Netflix on pause.

Knights of Simatar? I am guessing, so let me know if it's right and then I will ask a question.

Not my question, but the answer is correct, for what it's worth.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 1

I saw Knights of the Scimitar just recently.  It also has a storyline about Diane being attracted to a gorgeous young student in the class she is TAing, Lance Apollonaire played by J. Eddie Peck.  Favorite line:  after Sam asks Diane something like "whatever happened to the woman who said looks don't matter?"  Diane answers: "She just pictured Lance picking flowers in his bikini briefs." Her tone and facial expression were just perfect.  (I think Carla then add: "Me, too.")

• Love 1

I saw Knights of the Scimitar just recently. It also has a storyline about Diane being attracted to a gorgeous young student in the class she is TAing, Lance Apollonaire played by J. Eddie Peck. Favorite line: after Sam asks Diane something like "whatever happened to the woman who said looks don't matter?" Diane answers: "She just pictured Lance picking flowers in his bikini briefs." Her tone and facial expression were just perfect. (I think Carla then add: "Me, too.")

Me too! I just saw it like two days ago (I've been working my way through Netflix). I also loved when Diane said, "I know I probably shouldn't consider [going away with Lance for the weekend] but when I look at him, I... consider it."

That was hard, so I watched the episode to see who it was.

The bid was $1250 and Rebecca made it.

What was the name of the drink that the guys hope will trip up Wayne the bartender in Home is the Sailor (season six opener)?

• Love 1