Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Fall

Yeah, in a show filled with dumb writing that scene gets the blue ribbon prize for being the dumbest scene of the episode. I would say it's even in the running for dumbest scene of the season but there is some stiff competition and the season isn't over yet. The writers really had to have Jim lose about 70 IQ points for him to make such a stupid decision and it wouldn't have been so bad but we have seen Jim be very shrewd and cunning. If anyone knows that you hold on to your leverage until you get what you want, it would be Big Jim. And why wouldn't he go along with Barbie and Julia's idea? Get everyone out and then give up the egg. That way everyone gets out of Chester's Mill. I know Big Jim made a deal with that one guy but he has to know that having the egg gives them the power. Tell them everyone is jumping and they get the egg when everyone is safely in Zenith. Barbie's Dad or whoever is in charge really have no choice but to go along if they want the egg. Ugh, this show. That scene would have played so much better if the egg had accidentally gone over side while Joe/Norrie were struggling with Big Jim over the gun. Still wouldn't make sense that Jim wouldn't want Junior and Pauline to be there to jump with him but still much less idiotic than what actually happened.

In the writers' room:

Writer A: We either need to close up the tunnel or have a dome drop down on Zenith or else we have to change the name of the show.

Writer B: Change the name? if people can get out, then there is no show anymore.  You are right, we need to close the tunnel.

A: How?

B: What if the eggs goes through the tunnel?

A:; That makes sense.  But how does the egg get into the tunnel?

B; Big Jim takes it to bargain with Barbie's dad.

A: But then Big Jim will be in Zenith, and we need him in Chesters Mill.  He is one of out best actors.

B: Yeah, the way he wrinkles his face and squints, while talking real low and husky - that is some fine acting.

A: Maybe we could have Big Jim drop the egg into the tunnel?

B; Why would he do that?

A: So Barbie's dad will let him, Pauline, and Junior out of the dome.

B: Why would Barbie's dad let him out if he already has..

A (points at the clock): Hey! it is 4:45 already. We gotta hurry up

B: Okay, so Big Jim throws the rock off the cliff and the tunnel caves in

A: There could even be an earthquake. We haven't done one of those yet.

B: We could have buildings fall down and the windmill could land on someone and...

A: The windmill is not up anymore - vandals, remember? And the set builders are already mad at us the that magnetic thing we did a few weeks ago. 

B: Can we at least have the wall of the jail fall so Phil can get out?

A: Oh yeah, Phil.  Sure. 

B: Good, that's done, and with 4 minutes to spare. 

A: Oh wait, don't we need to have the egg for the rest of the season?

B; Yes. Darn.  How are we going to bring the egg back?

A: Hmm... what if we have the four hands go to the edge of the tunnel and the egg will float up to the,. 

B: we did that with the lake:

A: That was different - the lake has wate, the tunnel doesn't. 

B;5 O'clock. Time to go.  I am starting the last season of Lost tonight..

A; Cool. See if you get any ideas.

• Love 5

I just laughed and laughed watching this episode.  It really should be a comedy.  

You don't think it is?

Eventually one of the writers is bound to admit publicly that their mandate was to create Sharknado-level campiness.

I don't think that was their mandate, because they played it pretty straight at first.  I think it evolved into that, and the writers are now gleefully constructing a sweeping parody of StevieKing/Lost/Spooky TV in the form of a Bizarro world Stratemeyer syndicate novel.  My faith in humanity is still enough that I refuse to believe people who can put on clothes and drive cars and sell and spend millions of dollars of advertising money could possibly seriously have this at the root of it all.  I think they're consciously constructing the first TV series engineered for hatewatching and yucks.  It's TWOP come to life.

Edited by Totale
  • Love 4

Driving home today on a sunny Pacific Northwest afternoon, I noticed something disturbing and strange --some of the trees showed signs of yellowing and even brown and red leaves. Am I living under a dome?

• Love 1

And that's another thing that bugs me. Rebecca has been able to mass-produce an injectable toxin, but she is clueless as to why the leaves change color? It's not the temperature, honey—it's the diminishing light. Given that the Dome must refract some of the sunlight, I could believe that the leaves would start changing before the leaves outside did, but not like that. 

Oh, wait, I get it. The leaves are jumping ship. They've had enough of this stupid show. 

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Norrie have a mother left somewhere?  I believe she's now officially The Last Minority, so she'd better watch her back.

I was thinking she was, too, but then writing about Rebecca reminded me that there are two minorities! They should probably buy a red shirt together and wear it on alternate days. 

There was some point last week or the week before where Norrie was bemoaning the loss of her mother, and I was thinking, "Well, you still have one mother left—have you spent any time with her since your mother's death?" 

• Love 1

Oh nooo! Big Jim, don't lock me in. Don't lock me up in this room with the glass door. Don't lock me in this room with walls covered in fragile glass. So cruel you are Big Jim. 

That was so funny! "Oh noes! Don't keep me behind this fragile door with the weakest lock ever, Big Jim!" Her desperate face was hilarious.

Someone posted a gif of her standing in the middle of the room during the egg-quake and, as usual in this show, they didn't even try. The lamps moved, a basket fell from the ceiling (!!!!), but everything else didn't get the memo and stood still.

I liked Rebecca better, when she was useful and tried to get rid of these stupid people. Now she looks up to Julia. Julia! No wonder her brain seems to have stopped working.

Driving home today on a sunny Pacific Northwest afternoon, I noticed something disturbing and strange --some of the trees showed signs of yellowing and even brown and red leaves. Am I living under a dome?

The fact that it was a sunny day in the pacific northwest should have been your first clue (yeah, I know, it doesn't always rain where you are, but I'm in my third year of drought, so I may be a bit jealous)

If you did not have a dust storm a couple of days ago, and acid rain a couple of days before that, then you can't be certain you are under a dome.  But, to be on the safe side, don't trust bald men who say they will save you. 

• Love 2

I'm trying to watch this episode. Keyword being trying.

So far... I've already seen... 

The 'have to run to the love of my life' trope when Julia runs to Barbie at the beginning part of the episode. It's SO overused trope wise...

I hope I can make it through...