Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Fall

Oh, Big Jim being zapped across the room made me so happy.

And Phil is dead.  Yay!

Plus, I'm beginning to notice the stupid in Barbie.  He's still cute, though (especially in that gray sweatshirt), so I'll let it slide.

Also, did Sherry Stringfield forget how to act?  Is it Domeitis?

In conclusion, Hunter is dreamy. 

Next episode: the town gets frozen.  Let's blame Elsa.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 6

Every week I don't think this show can get any stupider and yet it does.

The episode picks up directly where the last episode -- yet in that time, they are now running out of food again.  How ?  What happened to the doomsday prepper's wife (Andrea) with the "months of provisions" ?  Did they eat all of it already ?

Rebecca notices that the leaves on the oak tree are starting to turn colour and fall off, a for sure sign that the Dome is affecting the seasons. And it's getting cold in the Dome (since 5 minutes ago, as no one mentioned the dome getting colder last episode).  But there is one minor plot point -- in the series premiere, when Junior had just finished banging Angie, she mentions that she's ending the relationship because Junior is going to college "in a few days".  People generally start college in the fall, mostly in September, so that would make the current timeframe of the Dome falling "a few weeks ago" to be at or near the start of October.  Which is nearly fall, so no real big surprise there.

Oh yeah, the coldness of the Dome is only mentioned once more by Joe, so they all start wearing jackets -- but the impending cold spell is never mentioned again.

But my bigger question for Rebecca -- if the weather is getting suddenly colder, why is no one thinking of the crops ?  The crops that remain unharvested in the fields, despite being partially ravaged by all the butterfly larvae and the acid rain.

Andrea pulls THE stupidest line of the episode -- when Barbie and Julia are explaining to the townsfolk at the diner about the plan to jump off the cliff in the tunnel to go to Zenith, Andrea protests that "leave Chester's Mill.  But it's our home".  They are on the borderline of starving again, and being ravaged by what can only be described as waves of catastrophes, but your home is UNDER A DOME !!!!!  And she still doesn't want to leave ?

After Big Jim throws the egg off the cliff an earthquake occurs -- as predicted by a new shitty painting by Pauline (the egg is made at her, and is making her paint more shitty art -- it's so bad).  Which causes the all the buildings to shake a bunch, but apparently the jail cells in Chester's Mill are so badly constructed that DJ Phil is able to literally push his way out of prison, only to run into the tunnel under the school and jump off the cliff -- only to be impaled on a stalagmite on the now closed escape route to Zenith.

RIP DJ Sheriff Phil Bushey -- we will definitely not miss you.  You were a pin cushion for pain -- having been shot twice and impaled.  I wish they had kept his character the same as the book so that

as a drug-fueled paranoid psychotic meth cook that set off a massive propane explosion that incinerates the entire town and kills nearly everyone.

.  At least he would have been more interesting.

ETA: I completely forgot -- Barbie and Drownsie are half-brother and half-sister.

Angie appears to Junior a couple of times -- once in the fallout shelter and once at Sam's cabin.  To warn Junior that if he kills Sam, "everyone under the Dome wil suffer".  Because that's how Dome avatars roll.

Hunter is a triple agent -- working for Barbie's Dad, but secretly working for Hounds of Diana and maybe a 3rd party (based on his Outbox on his phone).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 8

And Phil is dead.  Yay!

Woo hoo!  At least some of the annoying characters get killed off.  I suppose there's no chance that we could ever lose Junior, though.

It was pleasing to see the egg toss Jim but I was hoping it would do it again at the cliff and throw him off.

Sherry Stringfield's acting is really killing me.  There's just something off about it.  I'm sure the script and direction are somewhat to blame but it's her, too.  Actually that "Sam" guy's acting is not doing much for me either.  His voice is weird.

• Love 3

HA HA HA!  Wow!  I don't think I laughed harder for a death since... well, Linda's.  But, wow, did Former Sheriff DJ Phil go out in perfect fashion pertaining to his character.  A totally silly, random, and useless death.  Yep, that's Former Sheriff DJ Phil!  But, I guess congrats is in order to Nicholas Strong for being the latest person to escape from this show.

My favorite characters are now Hunter and Dome Angie.  That's not a good thing, but that's where I'm at.  The actor playing Hunter is at least bringing something to all of his scenes.  And, IMO, Britt Robertson was always better then the material she had to put up with.  Seriously, I loved how after Junior was all "I loved you!", Dome Angie was like "Bitch, you locked me in a cellar!  That's not love, that's fucked-up!"  Word, Dome Angie.  Of course, this show hilariously is trying to prove that he really did love her by not killing Sam. Yeah, only on this show does merely not committing murder mean you're a "good guy."

I don't remember Andrea being this idiotic, but between her all "I want to hear from Big Jim first!", and balking about leaving because Chester's Mill is "their home", she was practically brain-dead in this episode.  Yeah, sure, stay in the town that is slowly losing it's food supply, getting colder, and is trapped my a magical Dome, that occasionally likes to fuck with the town.  Who wouldn't want to stay?!  Oh, and yeah, we all need approval from the guy who was trying to poison the entire town weeks ago.  Good grief.

I wonder if there will be any repercussions over just how much Big Jim fucked everything up, or if they're just going to whine about it, and move forward.  Threaten to kill Joe alone, should have him be permanently on Barbie and Julia's shit-list, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they just briefly go "You're a dick, Jim!", but then go back to the norm.

I'm not all that famailer with Sherry Stringfield, but she really isn't cutting it as Pauline.  Dean Norris is practically sleepwalking and cashing his checks now, but even then, he was acting circles around her.

That was certainly entertaining, at least.  I almost have to marvel over how dumb this show has become.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9

Oh, Under the Dumb, you found new ways to be stupid this week. You do not disappoint. 

I was glad that the show finally remembered that Junior did indeed hold Angie captive in his fallout shelter. Angie's right, Junior, you didn't really love her. Dead Angie for Mayor, Chief of Police, Diner Owner/Chief Cook, and Pastor! 

I don't remember Andrea being this idiotic, but between her all "I want to hear from Big Jim first!", and balking about leaving because Chester's Mill is "their home", she was practically brain-dead in this episode.  Yeah, sure, stay in the town that is slowly losing it's food supply, getting colder, and is trapped my a magical Dome, that occasionally likes to fuck with the town.  Who wouldn't want to stay?!  Oh, and yeah, we all need approval from the guy who was trying to poison the entire town weeks ago.  Good grief.

I know! A few weeks ago, she was one of the few who didn't take as gospel every word from Big Jim's mouth. 

HA HA HA!  Wow!  I don't think I laughed harder for a death since... well, Linda's.  But, wow, did Former Sheriff DJ Phil go out in perfect fashion pertaining to his character.  A totally silly, random, and useless death.  Yep, that's Former Sheriff DJ Phil!  But, I guess congrats is in order to NIcholas Strong for being the latest person to escape from this show.

The way they shot the jail breaking up scene, I could barely tell it was him. And they didn't even give him a line! 

Andrea pulls THE stupidest line of the episode -- when Barbie and Julia are explaining to the townsfolk at the diner about the plan to jump off the cliff in the tunnel to go to Zenith, Andrea protests that "leave Chester's Mill.  But it's our home".  They are on the borderline of starving again, and being ravaged by what can only be described as waves of catastrophes, but your home is UNDER A DOME !!!!!  And she still doesn't want to leave ?

Barbie explaining how glad his father would be to see them was a close second for Stupidest Line. 

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 2

Sherry Springfield has always had that stilted delivery, even way back on Guiding Light and ER.  I guess I am used to it.

Are we sure that Phil's death is gonna stick?  I mean the dude has been shot twice.  He could be the Kenny of Under the Dome.

• Love 9

So with all the continuity complaints about the show, no one thinks Phil will be walking around with maybe a sling next week? And even though it wasn't REALLY Angie, I was hoping she might be a little more pissed at Sam, considering, you know, the whole murdering thing.

Edit- Beaten on the Phil thing.

Edited by GaryE
  • Love 3

I hope some little kid in Zenith wasn't standing in the playground right where the egg came through. 

Sherry Stringfield was terrible in that mad painter scene with Big Jim.  Pauline annoys me so much - I wish she'd just paint and shut up.  She doesn't know what anything means, so she doesn't need to talk.

"I came back, Jim!  I came back!"  So what, Pauline? 

Edited by izabella

I really like Julia's house. The architectural details and furniture (with the exception of the couch) are just my style. 

I suppose it says something about how engaging I find the show when I look at molding and newels instead of listening to what the characters are saying.

• Love 4

Much like Pauline's dry clothes and coiffed hair after getting out of the lake, why was Barbie completely dry when he arrived at Julia's house ?

ETA: Likewise for Sam.   Both of them had been walking for maybe 10-15 minutes tops from the lake, yet it looks like their clothes just came out of the dryer.

Not to throw a whole wrench in the science, but radar guns use radio waves to operate.  So no, you can't jury rig a police radar gun to detect sound waves, no matter how many apps you have on the iPhone you hook up to it.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Oh, and yeah, we all need approval from the guy who was trying to poison the entire town weeks ago. Good grief.

Actually, that was only a few days ago in show time -- which actually makes it kind of worse.

Hey, he's the sheriff now. Obviously, Big Jim is now completely trustworthy. Edited by Accidental Martyr
  • Love 1

Given that the dome is like a giant terrarium, the last thing they should be experiencing is a cold wave. If this show weren't so screwy, Chester's Mill would be ecstatic at the promise of a cool down. 

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm trying to apply real life science to this nonsensical show. I just can't help it. 

On the other hand, behold the cleverness of the title! Leaves are turning colors, so the town is getting an early fall. Plus, the egg fell into the abyss, and Big Jim went after it. Then Phil fell to his death. The subtlety, it kills. 

• Love 2

People like me are probably the reason they have to hammer this stuff home like they do. When I read the threads for shows like Mad Men I'm just in awe, everyone notices a hundred themes and motifs and crap that just shot right over my head.

I thought this might be the just-in-case series finale, and even then I accidentally wandered off too long and missed the last five minutes. I don't know what that says more about - the show, or my feeble attention span.

• Love 1

Oh poor DJ Phil.. he should have taken a light and would have seen that the abyss had a fairly shallow bottom but not too shallow he would impale himself..

I wonder if the egg made it through, but I don't think so, the Zenith guys would be celebrating by now..

• Love 1

Holy crap. Sherry Stringfield's acting is almost as bad as Pauline's painting! I mean, nobody is going to get an Emmy for their work on this thing, but dayum. At first, I thought Pauline was supposed to be faking that headache/vision, for some reason. But no, she's just terrible!

Throwing the egg off the cliff seems like a terrible plan, even by Dome standards. Shouldn't Jim want to hold onto it while he and his family jump? The egg is the only bargaining chip he has.

• Love 4

Here's my reaction to this episode: 

"Make it stop! Make it stop!"

New town motto:

Chester's Mill - Where You Can Get Away With Murder!

Other town's motto:

Zenith - The Height of Stupidity

Apparition of dead person appears:

Shades of Lost and Buffy

Barbie and Melanie are half-siblings:

More shades of Lost (remember Jack and Claire?)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Someone who follows this thing closer than me--the outside world doesn't want the Domers rescued?

Well, I would guess that most of the outside world wants them rescued, especially their families and friends (not that we've seen any of that, because how could the reactions of people cut off from their homes and families possibly be of any dramatic interest?). Unfortunately, Barbie Sr. and his ebil corporation don't care about getting the Domies out—they just want the egg. And somehow they've enlisted the military and their own militia to do their bidding. I suppose that if the egg is such a sooper speshul energy source, it would be a national security matter.

So Junior beat the shit out of Sam and when they showed him on the ground as Junior slammed down the axe, at least one eye was clearly closed and purple. And magically, in the next scene he leaps up unhurt with just a bloody nose.  But no real surprise - besides everyone's cuts and scrapes appearing and disappearing scene by scene, Phil was in the hospital just yesterday (on the show) recovering from a shot to the chest. And in show time, wasn't it just a week or so since Julia was shot and almost died?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Norrie have a mother left somewhere?  I believe she's now officially The Last Minority, so she'd better watch her back.

• Love 2

I made the mistake of watching this show with my wife. I gave up on it (having read the book) after the first season because of the bad. Tuning back in after a long hiatus, I was mesmerized by the daytime soap opera writing style and the complete implausibility of, well, everything. I realize people can do stupid things in challenging situations, but everyone is doing stupid stuph in every occasion. Dwight had it right, drowning himself out of the show.

• Love 1
I'm not all that famailer with Sherry Stringfield, but she really isn't cutting it as Pauline.  Dean Norris is practically sleepwalking and cashing his checks now, but even then, he was acting circles around her.

Sherry Stringfield was fine on ER. Dean Norris was chewing the scenery so viciously in that angry scene with her that I figured he would need to get a DJ Phil-free stalagmite from the magickal locker cave to pick his teeth with.

The "it's getting cold because the climate is suddenly changing!" was ridiculous. Norrie was shivering and so cold in the house that she had to wrap herself in a quilt inside the house (yeah, I know she wanted to cuddle with Joe, but still) yet Barbie and Julia are strolling around outside in short sleeves, not bothered at all. Okay, it's so dire.

Dwight had it right, drowning himself out of the show.

Good luck to him. I'm sure Angie thought she was free of this dreck, but clearly her contract said otherwise.

• Love 1

Now, wouldn't it have been so much better if when Big Jim was all 'I'm the sheriff now and the only elected official' Barbie reached over, took the badge, and said, "Oh, yeah, thanks for polishing it, but I'm the sheriff, remember?" No, Barbie and Julia just let Big Jim get an even bigger head. And how the heck did Big Jim get from the tunnels to the art shack in like two seconds?

It's beyond stupid anybody would just throw the egg over the cliff. Even if he wanted to stop the screaming for Pauline, Big Jim should have taken it himself. What, he would've gotten stuck on the other side? Yes, please!

And seriously, Mom's back, but after about a 30 second reunion, Junior's done with her. Uh...gotta get back to work.

• Love 1

The scene with Julia and Barbie, with her all pouty over thinking that maybe Barbie wouldn't want to be with her outside of the dome? I mean, her husband disappeared three or four weeks ago, and the man who killed him is all snuggled up with her??? Are we supposed to just forget about all of this? Was it addressed when I was busy rolling my eyes at the DUMB? I mean, really show? 

Regardless, I watch every week, with almost a sick glee. *shrugs*

• Love 3

Actually, the biggest F-U moment was just before the scenes from next week: "Only 3 weeks left until the season finale".

Season finale??? Not Series finale? They're planning on dragging out this dreckitude for another season??

Although my theory is that the writers have no idea how to end this, so they'll just plead and beg with the network to cancel it before next summer.

Edited by charlieboo

What a treat it was to see Pauline's artistic process in action, and what a beautiful family portrait it produced. I must own these paintings.

I was just about to start a topic called "What else can they do to Phil ?"

At least they shouldn't have trouble retrieving the body.

Brave choice by the writers to advance Junior's redemption story by having the ghost/avatar/whatever of the girl he imprisoned appear in the bomb shelter to remind him she's still not ok with it. 

When they noticed the leaves turning brown I thought Rebecca was going to suggest watering the trees.

I did enjoy Norrie's "Thanks for waiting Jim" line.

I wanted to believe that there was a method to Big Jim's madness, that he was masterminding some devilish plot to get his family out and get a big payday from the egg. But no, he's even dumber than the rest of them. Let's just toss the egg over the cliff, so much for my leverage. No need for Dick Cheney to make a deal now, he just got the egg thrown into his lap. Good grief, this is the stupidest writing I have ever seen.

• Love 2

I just laughed and laughed watching this episode.  It really should be a comedy.  

Rebecca is really losing it with her crisis of the week.  OH NO, THE LEAVES ARE CHANGING COLORS!!!!!!   Are they saving the truckloads of snow for next week?

It took a day before Joe and Norrie noticed the Egg was gone?   If it's so cold, why is he wearing a T-shirt?  Talk about a Geek-reunion when Hunter joined those two.  He tells them he came from Zenith with Barbie, and Joe's first response is "Barbie's back?!" and Norrie's is "You came willingly?"  

I'm sorry but Barbie joined the village of idiots in this episode with his belief that if he gives his shady dad the Egg, everything will be A-ok.   But I guess his IQ is still miles above Mr. "Throw the egg down the cliff and my family will be safe".

That was really spotty logic how Barbie connected the dots to determine that Melanie was his long-lost half sister.  That's like a 6-month soap opera plotline playing out in 60 seconds.

I'm sure it would have been less painful to experience the screeching egg than to watch Pauline "acting" "Make it stop!!!!".

"Love me or hate me, I get things done"  At least he didn't say he gets the RIGHT things done, since he basically ensured another 13 episodes of "STILL Under the Dome".

How heart-breaking of Joe to say, "Don't worry about me, Norrie.  All that matters is protecting the egg."  What did he think Jim was going to do after shooting him, if Norrie still refused to give up the egg.  

Killing Phil without having him find out Big Jim murdered Dodie?  What the hell?!  Come on, at least give us a bit of payoff before killing him off if they must.  How much did they hate Phil to give him a death like that.

As mentioned above, the dumbest line of the episode goes to Andrea with "Leave Chester Mill?  But it's our HOME."  And "I'm not doing anything until I know where Big Jim stands on this."  And now the Mob has been reduced to two people?  

The biggest feat with this show, is each episode is actually more stupid than the one before when you didn't think it was even possible.  I don't know how they can "top" this one.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

"The leaves are turning.  Fall is coming!!!"  Oh no, run for lives, the seasons are changing.  Build a windmill, fly a plane, hatch a new stupid plot.

The show continues with ridiculous dialogue, people trusting when they shouldn't and basic logic and reasoning suspended.

Under the dome, people are dumb.....okay, outside the dome, not so smart either.

• Love 3

Killing Phil without having him find out Big Jim murdered Dodie? What the hell?! Come on, at least give us a bit of payoff before killing him off if they must. How much did they hate Phil to give him a death like that....

Hmmm...this might reveal the method to the madness of the show writers: Rule number one: If a story line would deliver emotional payback for a previous conflict, be sure to kill it. Eventually one of the writers is bound to admit publicly that their mandate was to create Sharknado-level campiness. Maybe some network exec didn't have the vision for that, and directed them to make it at least quasi realistic (hence this mess)? Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

What if tossing the egg ended the dome and the earthquake was actually the ground shaking from the dome falling/disappearing? What if there was no longer a dome over Chesters Mill (and now there is one over Zenith)?  How long would it take the people of Chesters Mill to realize they could leave anytime?  Days? Weeks? Months?  If Hunter wasn't there I would say it might take them years, but he seems like a bright guy. 

So the writers had Hunter mention that he could hear Norrie and Joe talking in the school hallway, so that the audience wouldn't be confused when Phil was able to hear about the tunnel when Norrie and Joe talked about it in the hallway of the jail. They obviously think the audience is a bunch of idiots.  And they had Joe and Norrie give so much detail in their jail conversation - they both know how it works and there is only one tunnel, but they still said something like "go through the locker to the tunnel under the school where we can jump off a cliff and end up in Zenith.

There was some bad acting in Pauline's distress and in Big Jim's looks of confusion/dismay/concern/anger (all the same look) , but my nomination for worst performance this episode goes to Norrie in her discovery that the egg is missing - She walks into the room, holding an empty towel, stops, and says "Oh my God, the egg is gone"  There was a little emotion to her voice, but why did it take her so long to notice that the egg was gone?  Shouldn't she have said OMG! when she first went into the room to get the egg, or did she just mindlessly pick up the empty towel and not notice the egg was missing?

Rebecca notices that the leaves on the oak tree are starting to turn colour and fall off, a for sure sign that the Dome is affecting the seasons. And it's getting cold in the Dome (since 5 minutes ago, as no one mentioned the dome getting colder last episode).  But there is one minor plot point -- in the series premiere, when Junior had just finished banging Angie, she mentions that she's ending the relationship because Junior is going to college "in a few days".  People generally start college in the fall, mostly in September, so that would make the current timeframe of the Dome falling "a few weeks ago" to be at or near the start of October.  Which is nearly fall, so no real big surprise there.

I can't wait to find out how she solves this one - I predict it is either "We have to set the fields on fire to heat the town.  Go attach the hose to the propane tanks." or "It is getting colder, we need to 'thin the herd'."

Not wanting to defend the show or anything like that, but a lot of colleges start as early as  mid-August (or that is when the kids go back to set up their dorms).  So, if it has really been only three weeks, it might be the first week of September, probably too early for the leaves to change (unless they have been under stress from acid rain and magnetic pulls and dust storms, etc...). 

But there could be another explanation for the early season change - I  have a theory that the dome makes time speed up.  The sun may still have a 24 hour cycle, but everything ages faster - the seasons change sooner, people heal from gunshot wounds and severe beatings faster, relationships of a few weeks seem like relationships of a few years, etc.  Everything ages faster - Lyle was especially affected by this as he got 40 years older in 25 years.

I wonder if there will be any repercussions over just how much Big Jim fucked everything up, or if they're just going to whine about it, and move forward.  Threaten to kill Joe alone, should have him be permanently on Barbie and Julia's shit-list, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they just briefly go "You're a dick, Jim!", but then go back to the norm.

Well, it won't be immediate - they will have to shake hands first. 

I like how everyone thinks they know what the dome wants or what it can do based on what works best for them.  It makes me sort of wish I had a dome over my town.  "The dome made me eat this hot fudge sundae"  "The dome wants me to take the day off work, with pay." "The dome chose me to use your credit cards at the mall."

• Love 4

Actually, the biggest F-U moment was just before the scenes from next week: "Only 3 weeks left until the season finale".

Season finale??? Not Series finale? They're planning on dragging out this dreckitude for another season??

Although my theory is that the writers have no idea how to end this, so they'll just plead and beg with the network to cancel it before next summer.

The ratings aren't great, but it does consistently win its time slot. Unless pink stars suddenly get too expensive to make, I'm thinking there will be a next season. 

Brave choice by the writers to advance Junior's redemption story by having the ghost/avatar/whatever of the girl he imprisoned appear in the bomb shelter to remind him she's still not ok with it. 

At least they remembered that he had done so. In most of the episodes this season, I was convinced that the viewing public was supposed to forget about that pesky detail. I am glad they didn't forget his criminal behavior, especially because it made possible the scene where Melanie says something about being locked up in the fallout shelter and Junior panics. 

• Love 2
What if tossing the egg ended the dome and the earthquake was actually the ground shaking from the dome falling/disappearing? What if there was no longer a dome over Chesters Mill (and now there is one over Zenith)?  How long would it take the people of Chesters Mill to realize they could leave anytime?  Days? Weeks? Months?  If Hunter wasn't there I would say it might take them years, but he seems like a bright guy.

That would be so awesome!  The Dome is there to protect the egg, right?  So of course it should move to Zenith!  I would laugh and laugh if they were all still wandering around thinking they were trapped while Zenith was trapped instead.

Make it so, writers!

Has anyone heard from Mikkos Cassadine lately?  Just asking, since the dead don't seem to stay dead in Dome-land.

Nice shout out to the infamous Cassadine plot to take over the world with a weather machine on General Hospital over thirty years ago.  That was a classic!  And I think that plot was a lot more plausible than this Dome insanity.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

Eventually one of the writers is bound to admit publicly that their mandate was to create Sharknado-level campiness.

Well, they've dropped the ball on that one.  They aimed for Sharknado, but hit Birdemic instead.  All we need is Barbie and Julia slow dancing to "Hanging out with my family".

• Love 2

I'm guessing that the egg ended up in the playground, and some random kid picked it up and took it home.

"Hey, Bobby, I'll trade you this glowing egg for that helicopter toy" 

"Coool" 

(Friend Jerry):  "All I got was this stupid rock."

Until the egg blocked the passage, I was envisioning the Chester's Mill Theme Park.  Step right up, folks!  $5 admission to the red door!  Come visit the Domies.  See the infamous fallout shelter!  Watch the people make inexplicable choices! Have lunch at the open-all-the-time-cafe'.  And, for the grand finale, exit through the same locker as our heroes!  Stay on the walkway, please, and you must be able to swim.  Step right up!

• Love 3
Until the egg blocked the passage, I was envisioning the Chester's Mill Theme Park.  Step right up, folks!  $5 admission to the red door!  Come visit the Domies.  See the infamous fallout shelter!  Watch the people make inexplicable choices! Have lunch at the open-all-the-time-cafe'.  And, for the grand finale, exit through the same locker as our heroes!  Stay on the walkway, please, and you must be able to swim.  Step right up!

All fun and games until Pauline accidentally paints a likeness of you, and you have Sam, Junior and/or Big Jim trying to murder you while you dodge a bout of acid rain, flying metal objects, a suffocating dust storm, a tornado and an outbreak of meningitis.  

• Love 2

So were we supposed to think that Melanie is now at death's door because the egg left the Dome? 

I noticed that Joe and Norrie are no longer falling to the ground and chanting about pink stars every time they kiss.  I guess that meant...nothing, really.

• Love 1

For "Lost" viewers, I don't know if you were as irked as I was when they gave Junior a line word for word from the series finale.  That was such a hugely emotional scene for Jack and here, Junior to Pauline just didn't cut it.

I wanted to believe that there was a method to Big Jim's madness, that he was masterminding some devilish plot to get his family out and get a big payday from the egg. But no, he's even dumber than the rest of them. Let's just toss the egg over the cliff, so much for my leverage. No need for Dick Cheney to make a deal now, he just got the egg thrown into his lap. Good grief, this is the stupidest writing I have ever seen.

Yeah, in a show filled with dumb writing that scene gets the blue ribbon prize for being the dumbest scene of the episode. I would say it's even in the running for dumbest scene of the season but there is some stiff competition and the season isn't over yet. The writers really had to have Jim lose about 70 IQ points for him to make such a stupid decision and it wouldn't have been so bad but we have seen Jim be very shrewd and cunning. If anyone knows that you hold on to your leverage until you get what you want, it would be Big Jim. And why wouldn't he go along with Barbie and Julia's idea? Get everyone out and then give up the egg. That way everyone gets out of Chester's Mill. I know Big Jim made a deal with that one guy but he has to know that having the egg gives them the power. Tell them everyone is jumping and they get the egg when everyone is safely in Zenith. Barbie's Dad or whoever is in charge really have no choice but to go along if they want the egg. Ugh, this show. That scene would have played so much better if the egg had accidentally gone over the side while Joe/Norrie were struggling with Big Jim over the gun. Still wouldn't make sense that Jim wouldn't want Junior and Pauline to be there to jump with him but still much less idiotic than what actually happened.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 1

For "Lost" viewers, I don't know if you were as irked as I was when they gave Junior a line word for word from the series finale.  That was such a hugely emotional scene for Jack and here, Junior to Pauline just didn't cut it.

Which line?