Type keyword(s) to search

Benedict Cumberbatch: Not Your Father's Sherlock

I saw on the Barbican website that they will be making available 100 seats, at every performance, for £10...so if I happen to be in London next fall, I'll be waiting in line! Don't know how likely that is, though, as I have pesky things like mortgage payments and growing kids who seem constantly to eat and need new clothes!

Today Tom Hiddleston challenged BC in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.

And, BC's episode of The Simpsons (“Love is a Many Splintered Thing”) will air September 1 at 7:30 AM ET during the FXX Simpsons marathon. 

• Love 1

I feel like a remake is completely unnecessary (my heart belongs to the previous animation, and even the '90s live action was good campy fun), but his voice is perfect for Shere Khan.

• Love 2

Driad, have you seen Season 3 yet? 

This apparently was up since July, but I was only made aware of it today: On BAFTA's website, there's a video in which "Benedict Cumberbatch, James McAvoy, Colin Farrell, Jim Broadbent & Hugh Dancy offer their advice for aspiring actors."

On Broadway.com, there's an odd-end: Odds & Ends: Benedict Cumberbatch Talks Hamlet...

And for those who NEED their daily Benedict, there is a Benedict Cumberbatch 2015 calendar. (Articles referring to which on refinery29 and the Daily Mail.)

He was very, very tipsy getting that GQ award!:

Also there's stuff 'n' things from the Toronto International Film Festival out there. I'm working off a very small laptop today, so I'm not bringing a list of reviews, but here's a video interview about Turing's sexuality from The Wrap:

• Love 1

They had the first read through for The Hollow Crown today!  If you are Hollow Crown/Shakespeare fans, the twitter account for BBC Two (@BBCTwo) probably has the most update info. 

Heh, I'm an idiot -  I just realized why they had a white rose where he sat. 

• Love 1

I think so.  The same question came up on Tom and Lorenzo's blog and that seemed to be the answer.  Though...you might try your local library - I bet they might have a copy of the DVDs.  They are well worth any effort to get a hold of them. 

• Love 1

That was such a good interview, and then it seemed that every single publication that excerpted part of it for a quickie celebrity news item failed to read the context of any of the Qs and As, and most of them summarized his thoughts in exactly the opposite way I think they were meant from reading the original, very complete and nuanced interview.  Aargh!

• Love 1

Here's a cluster of Benedict bits today:

From the Mirror: His Madame Tussaud figure was unveiled. (There's a gallery of photos of the image--good job, I'd say!)

From the National: He filmed a mystery something for the BBC, teased on BBC One's Facebook page. 

There are more Hollow Crown photos at the Metro.

And Just Jared has a piece about Benedict hosting a Flaunt Magazine party for their "The Grind" issue.  There's a bit about the party at Flaunt's website, as well as a very atmospheric video/interview shot during his photoshoot, if I've understood that correctly.

Edited by rereader2

There is a Smaug video clip:

And articles about it. (Two examples: Breaking News and Broadway World, but I know there are more.)

There's a new clip out and about (1 minute long) from The Imitation Game. It's not on YouTube (that I know of), but you can see it on Digital Spy

He really creates a character very quickly--he's saying something Sherlock might say, but it's not at all Sherlock saying it.

And there are some pieces about Benedict's appearance on the Graham Norton show this week, where he was confronted by his Madame Tussaud's doppelganger: the Mail; Radio Times.

Their eps usually turn up on YouTube sooner or later.

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 1

The Beeb put up a few clips from Benedict's appearance on the Graham Norton show:

CBS Sunday Morning did a feature on Alan Turing this week, featuring the film and Benedict. There's a transcript and video here.

• Love 1

Aaaaaaand here's the trailer:

And another video, this of Benedict auditioning for "The Hobbit":

There's also an article about it on Inquisitr.

There are also a number of articles about his Elle interview; here's one from Business Standard.

There's video from the same floating around; here are the two I've seen:

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 4