Type keyword(s) to search

Kitchen Nightmares (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Olde Stone Mill is on right now on BBCA. One of the most annoying owners short of Amy.

Home of the infamous funnel chopped salad. Causing Gordon to say "Please don't make me eat any of this shit."

Momma speaking about the chef: "Mike tries to presentate the food real nice."

Yes.... presentate.

This is rerunning on BBCA right now. I missed it first time around. OMG.... the older woman, Fayza, saying she'll defend her food to Ramsay. Honey, your restaurant is in trouble, that's why you wanted him to come. The delusional sheep who don't want to hear the truth never cease to amaze me.

• Love 1

Oh, wait til you get to part two. This is absolutely her revenge for mom liking her sister better, or some equally stupid family thing that has nothing to do with the business, and she'll ride that restaurant into the ground if it'll prove whatever she imagines her point is. The woman is unhinged.

Edited by Julia

This is the perfect example of what's wrong when someone with no restaurant/chef experience wakes up one day and says to themselves "Gee.....I think I'd like to open a restaurant! How hard can it be?"

I do wonder what happened to Trevor. I hope he's OK.

I wish someone who lives in the area would ring in and tell us if that place is still in business and how it's doing now if it is.

It closed in fall of 2014. Reviews were mixed and apparently they went back to their old menu items. And probably microwaving the hell out of them.

• Love 2

I thought this was a great episode. Why? Because that's what happens to a lot of real people. They open a restaurant when young, then they get older, they get tired and things fall by the wayside.

Where are the health inspectors? Well people want lower taxes, small government.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I'm glad that place closed. Julie was such a witch and her daughter enabled her. Julie is probably a person who thinks her shit doesn't stink, and nobody has ever told her the truth about herself.

Julie probably thought running a restaurant would be easy. She could sit on her ass on a barstool and collect a check without doing a lick of work. What an entitled shrew.

I hope Julie ends up a homeless bag lady along with her pathetic daughter with her fake red hair.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I caught the first half of this las night at like 2 in the morning and am finishing up the second half now. No way are idiot Julie and her idiot daughter the victims in their failure, and I suspect no strangers to drugs themselves. Both were just nasty bitches and the cause of all the problems. The blond waitress and the one actual adult (was he the manager?) were the only two who had a clue. Seriously, was everyone working there under 23? I'd love to know what excuses Julie pulled out of her ass when she finally lost the business. 

(edited)
16 hours ago, cherry slushie said:

Amy has a cookbook. She's now a baker extraordinaire, no doubt because the only thing Gordon Ramsay liked was her dessert. But, if I recall correctly, wasn't it revealed that most of, if not all of her desserts, were purchased elsewhere?

http://www.chicagonow.com/intellectual-chicago-suburbs/2016/06/stevens-book-reviews-baking-with-amy-a-cookbook-by-amy-bouzaglo-of-amys-baking-company-fame/

It was. There were days of facebook raging when people found the sites she stole the pictures of 'her' cakes from and she had to explain to us all that America was not a country which manufactures things, just a country which skims profits when reselling things which were manufactured by others.

Amy, among other sterling attributes, was a top bundler for the McCain campaign.

Do you suppose she meant the cover picture to look as hostile as it does?

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Julia said:

It was. There were days of facebook raging when people found the sites she stole the pictures of 'her' cakes from and she had to explain to us all that America was not a country which manufactures things, just a country which skims profits when reselling things which were manufactured by others.

Amy, among other sterling attributes, was a top bundler for the McCain campaign.

Do you suppose she meant the cover picture to look as hostile as it does?

So she bought desserts to sell at ABC when it was open, and stole photos of desserts to put up on her facebook and website? That being said, yes, she looks pissed off in that photo! I'm guessing it's some kind of FU to the Yelpers and Ramsay. LOL

• Love 2
On 6/5/2016 at 7:50 PM, cherry slushie said:

Amy has a cookbook. She's now a baker extraordinaire, no doubt because the only thing Gordon Ramsay liked was her dessert. But, if I recall correctly, wasn't it revealed that most of, if not all of her desserts, were purchased elsewhere?

http://www.chicagonow.com/intellectual-chicago-suburbs/2016/06/stevens-book-reviews-baking-with-amy-a-cookbook-by-amy-bouzaglo-of-amys-baking-company-fame/

Wow. That book reviewer obviously did not see the show.  He describes Amy as a fearless individual who bravely stood up for herself when criticized by a curmudgeon.

• Love 2

I kind of doubt he even read the book. "Simple recipes" aren't easier for beginners. Fact-checked and tested recipes with lots of details are easier for beginners. I suspect Amy's just been marketing her Lulu opus along ideological lines.

• Love 1

This one reran last night...still so satisfying to watch those two nut bags implode.  Even on my 4th or 5th watch.  I hope her cat children filed for emancipation.  Or just ran away and became feral.  Anything is better than living with either of those lunatics.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Amy and Samy should be institutionalized and their cat children remanded to foster care.

What a pair of freaks.  Would you buy a cake from those nutballs?  I'd expect ground glass in the icing.  Don't they both have criminal pasts?

The revisit episode was still hilarious, though

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Really, criminal past?  Never heard that but I would not be surprised.  Sammy is wealthy and we can surmise it isn't from a restaurant empire!  

Here ya go:

On May 21st, the Phoenix New Times[17] reported that co-owner of the restaurant Samy Bouzaglo may be facing deportation from the United States in a two-year-long immigration case. On the following day, AZ Central[18]reported that Bouzaglo had a past criminal history which involved “drug distribution, threats and extortion” and that he had been banned from entering both France and Germany.

Link to Amy's fraud:

http://www.ibtimes.com/amys-baking-company-owner-amy-bouzaglos-criminal-past-surfaces-after-kitchen-nightmares-meltdown

• Love 2

Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back: it's not really grabbing me. A biggee is that they complete in one episode, which doesn't give you a lot of time to get to know anybody (his prior nightmare shows occurred over several days but typically completed in one episode.) They give you more time on the construction of the new place, which unless you're into construction isn't all that interesting and takes away from GR talking with the people, which seems to be what makes his shows work. The 18 wheeler that is his rolling kitchen/giant tv screen - ok that's novel, but it's not fun to look at - it's a maxxed out food truck that they show the day's chefs how to fix a few things.

A good thing, tho I'm doubting the veracity of it - hidden cameras in the restaurants before he shows up to fix things, so he can see all the rights/wrongs going on. Regardless of the reasons given, the restaurant staff has to know something is up when strangers come in and wire things up (I guess they could do it in the closed hours, but that sounds even more suspicious.)

I hope it gets better, but I don't have high hopes. Bring back Hotel Hell, that was fun to watch.

• Love 1

Doesn't look like there's a board for this. It does seem to be a spiritual successor to Kitchen Nightmares in any case.

I agree I'm not sure if this is grabbing me much yet. I don't care for family drama, and prefer to see the renovations and the cooking improvements.

As for the setup, they covered that in the first episode. They said the owners were told they were part of the pilot for a new show about restaurants, so that was the excuse for putting the cameras in and wiring the place up. The restaurant folk supposedly didn't know it was a Ramsey show until he revealed himself. 

Granted, this is all Hollywood manipulation, so it could be all faked just for the show. But at least they had an "In universe" explanation for how/why the restaurant was wired up before Ramsey shows up, and why the owners and workers don't know to expect Ramsey. 

ah thx, i missed that bit. i guess with all the cooking shows that is plausible.

did Kitchen Nightmares do bad in the ratings? I always enjoyed watching it, it seemed way less rushed. And Hotel Hell like I said was fun too - there's no shortage of mid-level hotels/motels he could do stories on.

I watched it. Very disappointed for reasons everyone has mentioned already. I like Gordon's other shows but not this one. He must be the busiest man in the world with his 4+ TV shows and 32 restaurants all over the world.

Sebastian was crazy. Thankfully he closed and moved to Boston. He has a landscape company probably bought by his wife.

interestingly he thought he could franchise frozen food not made by him. Lol.

his wife SHOuld have let him go on auditions all day and drink at night.

On 6/22/2018 at 2:55 PM, Zoe said:

Kitchen Nightmares was doing fine. There was just no way to top the Amy's Baking Company episode.

Holy Crap, but I just caught this. I just got a new teevee and it was defaulted to the Kitchen Nightmares channel. I couldn't believe what I was watching, and I thought I'd seen every whackjob Gordon had gone to save. Jeebus Fucking Christ.

And now I'm up to the one where he's gone to Woodland, CO? Where that woman runs an Italian restaurant with a drive through? My thing is; ALL of these people/owners, who submit their videos--THEY SUBMIT VIDEOS, so they WANT Gordon to save them or tell them what to do. And one of the clips is her bitching about why doesn't Gordon just leave her alone. Because, like Amy, she doesn't think anything's wrong with her food and she stands by it, blah, blah,  blah, fishcakes.

• Love 1

This show and the UK version (a much, much better one) is now available on imdb.tv. And uncensored! It's glorious and I much prefer the UK version with a kinder, gentler, caring Gordon Ramsay. Okay, he's still abrasive and throws the f-bombs, with a donkey here and there, but he's not an unmitigated arsehole.

For those who have Amazon Prime, you can watch it on there, as well. I wish they'd have Master Chef and Master Chef Junior, but they only have these shows and Hell's Kitchen.

• Love 1

DABL network has been showing some of these older episode.  I decided to watch just now and it's "Amy's Baking Co".  I have never seen it, but heard lots about it.  Not sure I can watch the whole ep. heh.

ETA: Oh!  It looks like the Return to Amy's Baking Co is on right after this.  I may need to watch all this craziness after all.

• Love 1

I know "Amy's Baking Co" is probably the most famous (or infamous) places this show has featured, but my God Alan and Gen are in the running for 2 of the worst people featured on this show as well.

Judging from the preview, you should probably have dinner early, because eating during the show might be a problem for your digestive system.   

I can't wait for this episode.  I'm so glad this show is back. 

Bel Aire Diner, Queens, NY.   Definitely on my never go there list.  Gordon is being so nice to the server.   Kal the working brother is about to get his butt handed to him by Gordon, but his brother Peter is too lazy to help.  I hate that Kal's parents are paying the brother for being lazy and useless, and he's working himself to death while his brother Peter does nothing. .    Gordon is going to be epic reaming out the brother. 

I love how Gordon cares about the food quality, and treating the customers well.   The poor crew members, and poor Gordon.   I watch My 600 lb Life and don't flinch, after the tour of the fridge at the Bel Aire, I feel sick.  After seeing the condition of the kitchen, I can't believe the health department isn't shutting them down. 

Gordon is right, their badly done menu should be a couple of pages, not an encyclopedia of lousy dishes they can't even do.   The one page menu with 20 items, instead of 420 items is such a good idea.   They could have gradually increased the menu to 40 or so dishes they could do well.  I love the decor. 

I wonder if Peter will step up permanently?  My guess is he won't, even though he might work while the cameras are there. I hope Kal keeps the menu intact, and keeps his standards high.  The mother shooting her mouth off about the problems at the restaurant on camera and to customers is ridiculous.   

I'm wondering if they went back to the humongous menu after filming?  I hope not, but I bet they did.  I suspect it was a very temporary improvement, and my guess is they're back to the old gigantic menu, and bad food.    

I looked at another online source, and there's more to the story than what was shown about the diner situation.  I'm sure a lot more will be coming out now that the show aired.  I hope the health department does something about the conditions at the kitchen, but who knows. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1