Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I missed her interviewing George Clooney. She looks awful. She's always been horrible skinny but tonight, maybe it's the dress but she really looks like she has a disorder or something.

Hate Rosamund Pikes dress..

Is Rosamund Pike the one in the oddly fitting strappy white dress? I'm watching E and NBC with picture-in-picture and keeping the sound off. If they don't put up the person's name, I often don't know who the person is.

That dress looks like a trendy apron.

Edited by ABay

I hated that Ryan basically asked Rosamund Pike if she thinks she is going to win. She handled it well saying no and that she believes that Julianne Moore will win. Did Ryan think she would say that she thought she would win?

I do love me some Hader.

Christine Baranski's ensemble is a little plain, but she's fab. Not a fan of the high halter neckline on Allison Janney.

E and NBC must be right next to each other on the carpet--Hader went from one corner of my screen to the other in the blink of an eye.

Edited by ABay

Gina Rodriguez looks nice and she is charming, even if I think her show is just okay. Her dress is simple, but it looks great on her. 

Zosia Mamet's dress is ugly. 

Do people actually want to see Fifty Shades of Grey? Really?

Giuliana shut up about George Clooney. George is too polite to call her annoying.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

I loved Spacey's Men's Warehouse joke and I'm usually not a Kevin fan. That was funny. 

Well fuck me, Lena Dunham actually looks nice for a change. Hate her, but she usually looks like she was styled like a blind squirrel, so I've got to give props when props are deserved. 

What is Amy wearing? She looks like the Queen. So dowdy. 

• Love 2

Dunham's dress would be a career worst for some but is a career best for her.

I wish both E and NBC were faster with getting the names onscreen. It's like watching something on BBC--I vaguely recognize everyone but can't recall names.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

Jessica Chastain looked good.

Sienna Miller, not so much. I think it's the straight waistline on the skirt. It's not a flattering look on anyone, imo.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

A. Williams' dress reminds me of the Salsa outfits from Dancing with the Stars, but not as fringe-y.

I just got a look at the Zosia Mamet dress mentioned above. I guess we know what Lena Dunham decided not to wear.

I thought that was Ryan Murphy talking to Seacrest and just realized it's Michael Keaton. God, I feel so old.

Edited by ABay

Emily Blunt's dress ::swoon::  When I was her age (as my daughter puts it, "the olden days." (me: :rolls eyes:: ), that's the cut and style of dress that I would have been able t rock.

Lena looks better from the waist-up.  The uneven hemline ruins it.

Julianne Moore looks stunning, as do the majority of women in their late 40s and early 50s.  I want to know what their **real** beauty regimen involves, not some product being hawked in informercials.

Overall I enjoy the fashion more here than at the Oscars - this has a lightness and fun to it that adds some whimsy to what could be a really boring event.

Lastly, the Fashion Police is going to be bittersweet to watch.

I just saw a picture of Katie Cassidy of Arrow on the red carpet. I didn't realise she was attending. Im almost positive we'll be joined soon by anti Laurel/Felicity stans soon to slate her.

Please no. I am not a Laurel fan, but Katie receives way too much hate. I do think Katie plays bitchy better than nice girl. I also, do not think everything Felicity does is so awesome. Sigh, I am more of a Thea fan than either Laurel or Felicity.

I cannot say how much I love Steve Carell. Gee Ryan, could you ask more unoriginal questions?

What is Keira Knightley wearing? I only see the top half. I know she is pregnant, but other women have done pregnant red carpet way better.

Every time I see John Legend I want him to sing "Nutmeg".

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

I like Anna Kendrick's dress, but again she usually dresses well.

It looks like white dresses with plunging necklines and cutouts is a trend. So many of these white dresses look so similar.

I feel like Amal could wear pretty much anything and look great. Not loving the gloves, but it isn't the worst item of clothing on the red carpet.

I surprisingly liked Jenna Dewan Tatum's dress. 

I enjoyed Reese in Wild. I do not think she will win, but I enjoyed the film. I liked her simple, silver dress. 

I love Lupita's dress. It is so pretty. I want it. I would wear it everyday and twirl.

Jennifer Aniston's dress was boring, but she seems to be having a good time. 

I am not a fan of Kerry Washington's dress. I usually think she does a good job picking out award show looks, but not loving it.

Mmmmmm.....Benedict Cumberbatch.