Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Macbeth said:

Pike thanked America's broken legal system - so that these stories could be told.

Ok then.  

That was dry humour. I don’t think she meant that. 

• Love 1
Just now, freddi said:

I missed that? 

From the NYT recap:

A victorious Rosamund Pike with a shout-out to her fellow nominee Maria Bakalova. ”In my movie, I had to swim up from a sinking car. I think I still would rather do that than have been in a room with Rudy Giuliani.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Jaded said:

I was so disappointed in the last half of that movie Promising Young Woman. I get that it was to lead up to that "shock" of an ending but still ugh.

I didn't like it either. Some good acting aside I think this movie is overhyped.

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Another victory for The Crown!

No surprise. The season was stellar and all the drama about the BRF apparently being upset about it, only added more eyeballs to the many who were already going to watch and added to its buzz. I said back when the teeth gnashing was going on that I'm sure Netflix and the show's producers would be sending these people Thank You baskets for the free publicity.

• Love 3
(edited)

If Rosamund Pike keeps playing blonde sociopathic grifters as well as she does, she might get typecast. The Giuliani joke was hilarious, though.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
(edited)

For all the hype they got I’m meh on Tina and Amy tonight. I feel like Tina could present this without Amy and nobody would notice. Even Amy looks bored.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 2

The daughter of the Foreign Language winner was adorable.

Just now, vb68 said:

I did love Tina Fey busting on Tracy Morgan for awarding "Sal". 

Yes.......I mean, "sole" has to be one of the easiest names to say in the entire show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I did love Tina Fey busting on Tracy Morgan for awarding "Sal". 

This makes me miss 30 Rock even more and I hope one day we will get a PROPER reunion show instead of whatever was passed off as one last year as a disguise to sell the NBC stuff. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Jane Fonda really has had an amazing career.

I’m not a huge fan (nothing to do with her politics just don’t watch a lot of her movies) but Jane Fonda In 5 Parts was great.  I love that she is very inspired by current works. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

For all the hype they got I’m meh on Tina and Amy tonight. I feel like Tina could present this without Amy and nobody would notice. Even Amy looks bored.

Well, without the energy of being in the same room, they have to rely on the script, and they are more improvisatory than that when they are together -- even if they say the words that are written, there is  a zing of interaction.  

• Love 7

I feel if Jane was doing this speech in front of her peers, Viola Davis would be ready to tackle her for a hug.

For the DeMille award, that was SHORT. Normally this takes a good 15 minutes. This was under 10.

• Love 12
Just now, DollEyes said:

Jane Fonda is extraordinary, onscreen and off.

She really is!

And happy birthday Tommy Tune!!!   (How lovely of her to acknowledge that!)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I think it's down to her or Michael Douglas for best second generation actor.

Jane.  Those clips, from 1960s subservient cute girl lead to Artist of the new millennium.  And I loved "Barefoot in the Park," "Any Wednesday," and "Sunday in New York," some of my favorites from the 60s.  They had at least three clips from "Barefoot" in the intro.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Great speech from Jane Fonda.  Only briefly outshone for a second when Jodie Foster's dog started mugging for the camera, heh.

I haven't seen Jodie in anything for so long.  I was happy to see her.

• Love 5
(edited)

It probably won't win, but I'm still glad I got to see Hamilton in some kind of form.

Jodie Foster wins supporting actress, but her dog doesn't seem impressed.  Must have been a Glenn Close fan.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2