Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Haven't seen Trial of the Chicago 7, but just seeing the clips made me go "Yep, that's definitely an Aaron Sorkin flick!"

I liked it. Thought it was good and I'm not really a fan of Aaron Sorkin.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

The HFPA really do need to have a more inclusive future.

Good on Tina and Amy for calling them out on-air.

The HFPA has a lot to answer for. Inclusivity for one. Really questionable nominees for another. There’s talk that Emily in Paris benefitted from Paramount flying HFPA members to the set and they got the star treatment. How accurate that claim is, who knows? But it’s enough.

Mark’s kids are so cute.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

This show needs more alcohol and stars that were stuck in the bathroom. 

I second the more alcohol part.  Especially for me...

• Love 2
Just now, anna0852 said:

Kenan did SNL live in New York last night. How did he get safely to LA for this skit? I hope it was a private plane....

He has been filming his sitcom in L.A. And has posted that he has been going back and forth by private plane.

• Love 2
Just now, Avabelle said:

Prom is just awful. It’s awful.

I didn't see it in NY on purpose, but I somehow feel like I should watch it since it's on the TV and it's free (well, because we already pay Netflix).  But I can't make myself do it.  It just looks dreadful.  And I love musicals. 

• Love 2
(edited)

A Norman Lear musical written by Lin-Manuel Miranda would've been epic. Tentative titles: "Movin'On Up," "Those Were the Days," "And Then There's Norm" and "Ain't We Lucky We Got Him."

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9

So well-deserved. This was one moment that truly made me miss the audience aspect of this show. Because if there was ever a Hollywood legend who deserved a resounding standing ovation from his peers, it's Norman Lear. 

• Love 17