Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

It looks like Margot Robbie is actually at the Golden Globes. I guess a few celebrities are going to attend in person. 

I was just wondering this. So the presenters are going to be live..

also didn’t know that Robbie was a producer of Promising Young Woman.

23 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I wish the celebs would give us a full view of what they are wearing. 

Laverne Cox is the only one I saw who thought to stand for her E! interview. I guess it is hard for some of the celebs to get a good angle with their computer, but the red carpet is pretty blah without seeing the full dresses.

• Love 1

I’m surprised E didn’t think of this given half their awards season revolves around showing the outfits. Maybe the Oscars will be a full cam..

Love Amanda Seyfried.

Looking forward to the new Law and Order show with Meloni.

2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Laverne Cox is the only one I saw who thought to stand for her E! interview. I guess it is hard for some of the celebs to get a good angle with their computer, but the red carpet is pretty blah without seeing the full dresses.

Amanda Seyfried did as well. When they showed her getting ready for the show.  I know it's not the same. 

19 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I can already tell I don't like the dress Kate Hudson is wearing lol.

I think she said it was a Louis Vuitton. I think Regina said her's was a Vuitton too and they did have the same look and feel. 

9 minutes ago, Eureka said:

We just turned on the red carpet and Susan whatever her name is from This is Us looks like she’s wearing tin foil. Not a fan of that dress.

I just turned on NBC and yeah, it's a no from me too. I liked the length, but it the texture was just weird. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The hell? Has Laura Dern never heard of a tailor?

Seriously, I'm pretty sure the tailors at American Commodore Tuxedo at pretty much every mall in America could have fixed that up for her. 

Edited by Fostersmom

Normally I would be counting the amount of people that got stuck in the back. This year, it’s the amount of snafus.

still want my Angela Bassett vs Viola Davis arm wrestling match. 

• Love 3
(edited)

0 out of 2 predictions, I thought Schitts was a given but I assume too much time has passed. Also wondering if given the uproar about diversity in the globes will their be an increase in winners of colour to try and correct that. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Avabelle said:

0 out of 2 predictions, I thought Schitts was a given but I assume too much time has passed. 

They still have the SAGs but I think sweeping the Emmys is the best consolation prize. 

• Love 2

Congrats to Daniel Kaluuya and John Boyega for giving such humble and heartfelt acceptance speeches. Although Boyega said that he was wearing track pants, he still managed to look better than Laura Dern's tux.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1