Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm not watching the show but I looked at some pictures of the fashion. What's with all the big puffy sleeves? Is that what's going to be "on trend" next? No thanks! Lol and so many "bad prom" looks. I guess fashion shouldn't matter so much but geez! What's happening?! 

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Typo
  • Love 5
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm not watching the show but I looked at some pictures of the fashion. What's with all the big puffy sleeves? It's that what's going to be "on trend" next? No thanks! Lol and so many "bad prom" looks. I guess fashion shouldn't matter so much but geez! What's happening?! 

1986 is coming for us all.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Here in Australia we got no censorship, it was just Joaquin dropping the F bomb in sentences where it wasn't really necessary. I would tell you the full sentences but the speech was so boring I fell asleep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Joaquin completely ignored Rooney. 

I don't think ignored but he sort of choked up looking at her.  Which is better than whatever half his speech was about.  I have a feeling the part about private jets was a direct shot at Leo.  I know there was a point in his speech, but he rambled so much that I'm not sure what his point was. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Uh ... I can never tell whether Joaquin is is on the spectrum or just really weird. Or really good at acting weird.

I think he's still messed up from River's death and the less than traditional way his parents looked at raising kids.. And I remember when his name was Leaf. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Joaquin seemed to get choked up for a second when he mentioned Rooney but then he should’ve pulled himself together for a moment to actually say something about her!  I think Joaquin is one of those who tries very, very hard to be weird.  I’m sure much of it is “him” but much of it seems like a poseur.  I have no desire to see “Joker” but like Heath, it sounds like Joaquin gave it his all and then some and got acknowledged for it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

There goes his chance at an Oscar. Lol. Adam Driver just picked up some votes.

Deniro  was not amused.

I think Adam Driver is doing The Last Duel with Jodie Comer and Matt Damon. So he may have a chance again next year. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Yeah I meant when they announced his name and he got up to walk to the stage.

Ahh I gotcha.  

Kinda like when Taron hugged everyone at his table BESIDES Elton.

• Love 2
Just now, Fostersmom said:

I think he's still messed up from River's death and the less than traditional way his parents looked at raising kids.. And I remember when his name was Leaf. 

Dave Letterman had the best reaction to his weirdness. "Joaquin I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight ..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The wireless Uverse box in my room or the local NBC is apparently putting me a minute or two behind and it's driving me crazy. I see things mentioned here that don't happen until after I've read about them.

30 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

"Still I would have shared the raft."

Hee!  (Also that should be directed to Kate Winslet.) 

There is a hilarious clip of Keke Palmer on the Steve Harvey show and she is big mad at Rose for not sharing the door with Leo on Titanic.  She goes off.  And the end she looks at the camera and says 'Kate Winslet, you know what you did." very accusingly.  It was quite funny.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

I don't think ignored but he sort of choked up looking at her.  Which is better than whatever half his speech was about.  I have a feeling the part about private jets was a direct shot at Leo.  I know there was a point in his speech, but he rambled so much that I'm not sure what his point was. 

I am glad about that dig.  LDC the great environmentalist who always takes private jets.

at least, Keanu flies commercial.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I briefly contemplated watching Marriage Story for about 3 seconds, but I don't like Scarlett Johansen, Adam Driver, or marriage.

It sounds so bloody depressing. Oh hey yeah, let's watch a marriage fall apart. Woo hoo! Why are all the films so depressing? I remember when Room was winning all the awards. Fuck that. No I don't want to watch this unbelievably depressing kidnap movie. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Uh ... I can never tell whether Joaquin is is on the spectrum or just really weird. Or really good at acting weird.

He has bugged me ever since his star turn in Space Camp.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

I have a feeling the part about private jets was a direct shot at Leo. 

Which is weird since Leo grabbed him on the way up to give him a hug, and Joaquin barely noticed. 

1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

Joaquin seemed to get choked up for a second when he mentioned Rooney but then he should’ve pulled himself together for a moment to actually say something about her!  I think Joaquin is one of those who tries very, very hard to be weird.  I’m sure much of it is “him” but much of it seems like a poseur.  I have no desire to see “Joker” but like Heath, it sounds like Joaquin gave it his all and then some and got acknowledged for it.

To me, he seemed socially awkward and uncomfortable, and it comes across as phony and deliberately weird. Just my opinion, though. 

• Love 6

I once saw Joaquin Phoenix at a film premiere and he was more fucked up than just about anyone I've ever seen.  He couldn't stand up by himself, so one of his co-stars and the director held him up.  The one thing that I noticed is that it seemed that all the people connected with the film were VERY concerned about him and seemed to care about him a great deal.  I remember feeling angry at him because he had watched his beautiful brother die of a drug overdose in a parking lot.  I hope he's clean for his sake and for all the people who really seem to love him.

• Love 8
Just now, Jaded said:

The wireless Uverse box in my room or the local NBC is apparently putting me a minute or two behind and it's driving me crazy. I see things mentioned here that don't happen until after I've read about them.

I'm watching on Hulu and having the same problem. I keep hitting refresh and getting spoiled!