Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I heard an interview recently with Henry Winkler and he was asked about Turner & Hooch.  He said he got along fine with the dog.  Sounds like Tom and Henry didn’t get along at all and Henry alludes to Tom having him fired as director.  That was 30 years ago.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

If Murphy isn't doing MuShu, I'm out.  'My baby is saving China!'

Apparently Mushu is not part of this version, as I think it's more slanted towards to being a historical drama. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

2 of the nicest actors, Winkler and Hanks, have a beef?  I would love someone to spill the tea.  But I bet we will never know.

It sounded like Hanks got Wrinkler fired as the first Director on Turner and Hooch (after 13 days).

• Love 2

Probably where a bit too peppy with saying Chernobyl there, Salma and Tiffany.  Deserved win though.

And I just learned that Seth MacFarlane was in The Loudest Voice.  That's unexpected.

Aww, they're letting Jared Harris talk!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I love Michelle even more now. 

I missed part of it as my brother decides then to change the channel to a Shark Tank repeat, but I caught the ending.  After what happened considering her pay with All the Money in the World, it doesn't surprise me that will continue to fight the good fight about gender equality.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

2 of the nicest actors, Winkler and Hanks, have a beef?  I would love someone to spill the tea.  But I bet we will never know.

If I were to guess, it's probably a creative differences clash.  Winkler will admit that there's something there but he doesn't list the specifics.  But what he has admitted was that he, Winkler, was set to direct Turner & Hooch. And then, after a few days of shooting I guess, he was fired.  The implication is that Hanks got him fired from the movie. 

So even if they're both nice, talented people, a difference in creative vision for a project (or maybe a very different working style) maybe led to a "choose between us" situation that Tom won.  And I can see why Henry wouldn't feel great about that. Tom has held his peace on the situation, I believe.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Damn, I feel bad for joking about Michelle's outfit when she's being all powerful in her speech and stuff.

The two are separate entities. The first is profoundly ugly and the second is profoundly moving. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

After hearing Tom’s speech tonight about being on time and ready and then my rushing to find articles about a Henry/Tom feud, sounds like Henry was quite laborious (and apparently to Tom — wasting valuable time) in getting things ready for the movie shoot.  Tom wasn’t a big-deal actor at that point — kind of mid-level — so it’s pretty amazing he could have the sway to get a well-known guy like Henry fired.  I didn’t see the camera shot of Henry tonight during Tom’s speech.  RBF??

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I feel the same way about her.  But she was totally right tonight and I applaud her courage.

Michelle Williams is right.  It's really scary now.  It needs to be said.

• Love 19