Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, legaleagle53 said:

See also: Oscar nominees.

Yeah. It really is insane. And I’m always like “when did this come out? What?” Or something gets nominated and it’s only been out for the general public for a short time or only in select theaters.

• Love 2

I have a Facebook friend who is always sharing posts about cis straight abled actors are always taking jobs away from non cis non straight non abled actors whenever one pops up. Because of them, whenever I see the trailer for Vice I can't help but think where is the outrage over Bale taking a job away from an overweight actor. Haha.

I do confess I do miss hearing Christian speak with his natural accent, so it's nice that he won so I could hear it.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

I have a Facebook friend who is always sharing posts about cis straight abled actors are always taking jobs away from non cis non straight non abled actors whenever one pops up. Because of them, whenever I see the trailer for Vice I can't help but think where is the outrage over Bale taking a job away from an overweight actor. Haha.

I do confess I do miss hearing Christian speak with his natural accent, so it's nice that he won so I could hear it.

I mean I get the annoyance as a disabled person when abled people play disabled people but this made me smile. But the annoyance is real. Especially since they tend to get awards for taking these roles and being praised for doing so.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

I never realized Christian Bale had such a pronounced accent. I don't remember it from other public appearances.

Alcoholic beverages; what makes the Golden Globes more interesting than all the other awards.  :)

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I really enjoyed Green Book, but felt bad about the win since Don Shirley's family is saying it's not true. They supposedly weren't even contacted to verify the information.

Not to mention Viggo dropping the n-bomb during an interview and saying it was ok, because the was discussing the film when he did it.  Idiot.

Maya and Amy were funny, but I thought the ring joke was dumb.  I was ready for them to leave.

• Love 3
Just now, TVFan17 said:

Sometimes Christian Bale is incredibly hot -- I can't tell if I think he is hot tonight or not.

YES! Christian Bale is my version of the girl from Seinfeld who Jerry dated, and she looked really good only in some lighting, but awful in other lighting.

Sometimes Christian Bale is smoking hot to me, and other times I think "why did I think that guy was smoking hot?" I think his weight fluctuation has something to do with it. I like him better when he's beefier. The Prestige and Dark Knight eras were best, I think.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I really need to watch Roma. There is just too much to watch damn it! There arent enough hours in the day!

I need to win lotto so I can stay home and watch TV and movies (and baseball) all day!  And drink!!  

• Love 12
Just now, tennisgurl said:

One day I watch to get drunk at the Golden Globes. I think its a solid life goal. 

I actually wouldn’t want to go the actual show, I’d want to go the big viewing party that all the other not nominated stars go to. They’re probably having fun and possibly cooler people!

• Love 2

Amber Heard’s hair was super duper 80’s. I’m wrestling with myself to figure out if I liked it or not.

Darren Criss was beyond unsettling as a murdering psychopath.  He deserves his Emmy and GG.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So is Amber Heard going for Bad Sandy from Grease, at least from the waist up, with her styling choices?

I thought she looked like all the girls at my senior prom in 1989.

• Love 8
Just now, Misslindsey said:

It feels like the Assassination of Gianni Versace has been around for ages at this point. When did it air?

Like last January I think? But yeah.. it was like starting to air around this time last year. I remember the cast presented at this exact award show last year to promote it.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I never realized Christian Bale had such a pronounced accent. I don't remember it from other public appearances.

According to Bale from a Fresh Air interview, whatever accent he's doing for a movie, he keeps the accent while doing promo for the movie, which I find odd, but it means there's little opportunity to hear his actual voice/accent.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

So Vice is in the comedy category while BoRhap and A Star is Born are in drama. Okay then.

This.  And Green Book isn't a comedy either.  Yes there are some funny moments but under what circumstances can the Jim Crow south be perceived as funny?

• Love 11
Just now, sadiegirl said:

According to Bale from a Fresh Air interview, whatever accent he's doing for a movie, he keeps the accent while doing promo for the movie, which I find odd, but it means there's little opportunity to hear his actual voice/accent.

He doesn't drop it until the dvd commentary is done ;p

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

So Vice is in the comedy category while BoRhap and A Star is Born are in drama. Okay then.

I have chuckled at the trailer for Vice and get the vibe its not a 'serious' movie even though the subject is serious. Whereas BH and ASIB are both dramas with songs. For me a musical is like Mary Poppins Returns or The Greatest Showman. As opposed to what we are given with the previous 2 movies, in fact I felt La Vie En Rose whould have been placed in all the drama categories during its awards run. My gut says the producers of BH and ASIB are hoping by placing them into Drama it means their wins will be taken more seriously for the Oscars.

• Love 3