Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Crs97 said:

My UO-I don’t get the hype for Star is Born; third remake and the original and first remake were really good; now they just aren’t interesting.

I thought Star is Born was good, but it did not live up to the hype for me. I preferred a lot of the other films over it. Also, I enjoyed the two previous Star is Born movies to this one. I dread the inevitable Lady Gaga wins for it. I enjoyed Bradley Cooper's performance far more than Lady Gaga's.

I love Mahershala Ali’s beautiful blue scarf and also his beautiful face.  Yes I know I’m objectifying but if they are going to put Idris and Mahershala on the same stage what do you expect me to do?

• Love 17

Green Book wins screenplay?  Interesting....

That bit would have flown over the heads of everyone who didn't watch the Emmys. 

Bradley Cooper honestly looked like he thought they were being serious.  Hee!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
Just now, mtlchick said:

That bit would have flown over the heads of everyone who didn't watch the Emmys.  

I watched the Emmy’s and didn’t get it hahahaha.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

I would have found the Maya-Amy bit a lot funnier if the Emmys hadn't been so long ago.  I saw the Emmys, but wasn't it way back in September? Who is thinking about that proposal now?  If it had been 2 weeks ago, it would make sense to poke fun at it now.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed Green Book, but felt bad about the win since Don Shirley's family is saying it's not true. They supposedly weren't even contacted to verify the information.

Edited by Zanne
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Zanne said:

I really enjoyed Green Book, but felt bad about the win since Don Shirley's family is saying it's not true. They supposedly weren't even contacted to verify the information.

That's why I'm pissed it won Best Screenplay.

• Love 3
Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

Sometimes I hear the names of these movies that I didn’t even know existed and I feel like they’re made up movies. I’ve never even heard of them. And yet here they are. 

See also: Oscar nominees.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mystery said:

I thought that Andy was kidding about Vice being in best musical or comedy. I know that studios assign their movies to a category to increase their wins, but that's insane. 

I did not realize that Andy was not kidding either. I liked Vice a lot, but musical or comedy it is not.

• Love 1
Just now, Mystery said:

I thought that Andy was kidding about Vice being in best musical or comedy. I know that studios assign their movies to a category to increase their wins, but that's insane. 

Indeed.  No great shock that Christian Bale won for his performance--I wasn't crazy about it even if I thought he did an amazing job of transforming himself into Cheney.  (Maybe it's because of the subject matter??)

Having said that, I'm enjoying his speech--giving a shout out to Satan as an inspiration for how to play the role, lol.

• Love 14

Thank you Satan for inspiration...  ha! 

And to whoever thought Lady Gaga was British, I never knew Christian Bale was British.  I'm not paying enough attention I guess.

• Love 15