Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Um, Taylor, when Idris Elba says you look nice (and he was lying by the way, that dress is awful) the polite thing to say is “thank you Idris and may I say that you are smoking hot and I should send my agent a big fat check in thanks for allowing me to present with you”.

Exactly!  I couldn't believe she did not return the compliment.

• Love 9

I thought Idris was staying so he could give out more awards which is fine, I mean he can present everything for the rest of the night.

But yay for his gorgeous daughter for getting such a great opportunity.

• Love 5

Can men not tell women they look lovely?  Good Lord.  Taylor came across so humorless and sanctimonious  in that moment.  She was lucky to even be on that stage IMO.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Sam Rockwell looks like a toy person next to Allison Janney.

And she looked like an Amazon. She should really be in the Wonder Woman sequel.

Edited by vb68
1 minute ago, Mystery said:

I loved the people who looked emotional at Carol Burnett's "win." Jim Carrey had tears in his eyes, Bill Murray smiling with his hands clasped in front of him, Debra Messing, Candice Bergen, Julia Roberts. . . I think she inspired a lot of women. I believed Steve Carell when he said what an honor it was to present it. 

I thought it was really nice to focus on fellow comedic actors, as well.  

Regina has come such a long way from 227.  I'm so happy for her.

• Love 9

As much as I love Carol Burnett ( and I do love her completely), I feel like it should be the Lucille Ball award.

My UO-I don’t get the hype for Star is Born; third remake and the original and first remake were really good; now they just aren’t interesting. And Lady Gaga, if you are finding it hard to be taken seriously, try not wearing things like meat dresses.  Just a thought.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I still can’t believe I watched Regina King on 227 and she looks the same today.  She is simply stunning.

5 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Regina has come such a long way from 227.  I'm so happy for her.

Came here to say the same thing! Every time I see her I think “wow, the girl from 227* has really done well for herself.” I loved Regina’s speech and it’s refreshing to see a young TV star who not only stays sane as she grows older, but also turns into a true success, one you can feel so proud for.

* Yes she is so much more than that! But I loved 227 :)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10