Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

For anyone who might like an alternate, I'm watching the official HFPA feed through The Hollywood Reporter's Facebook video link.  I like the coverage even better than what I'm seeing on E! and no commercials!  Plenty of split screens on the arrivals' area fashions while they're doing interviews.  Definitely worth a look.

Thank you! It's nice not having to look at  Giuliana or Ryan's faces to see some interviews.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm already over Gaga and this award season has just started.

Same. We’re going to have to listen to the same fake, condescending and boring speeches from her over and over again throughout awards season. 

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 4

I like the color of Melissa's dress but not the cut or Jo-Ann Fabric appliques.

On the other hand, I like the cut of Emily Blunt's dress but not the color.

And neither the color or cut of Connie's.

Edited by ABay

Regina King is gorgeous but I hate the patten down the side of the dress. 

So far, Ken Jeong’s wife had the best dress and she’s not even a celebrity.  

I’m ready for Lady Gaga to go away and she hasn’t even been interviewed yet.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Neeners said:

She looks hunched over. Is that how she normally looks? (Lady Gaga)

No she’s trying to act modest but it goes out the window everytime she opens her mouth. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ABay said:

This is actually the first time I've heard Lady Gaga's speaking voice. I had no idea that she's American and not British.

That's probably because she is actually a classically-trained singer who graduated from Julliard.  She would have been taught to over-enunciate the lyrics in a way that would make her sound British to a few American ears.

• Love 5
Just now, Chas411 said:

Can we please stop acting like Lady Gaga is the first person to ever play a part in a movie decently. She’s such a condescending 

I watched her in S5 of American Horror Srory and she was awful on it. That show camps it up and even that she was lost at. 

1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

That's probably because she is actually a classically-trained singer who graduated from Julliard.  She would have been taught to over-enunciate the lyrics in a way that would make her sound British to a few American ears.

Actually, it's because when she came n the scene she was very avant-garde so I assumed she had to be something other than American.

When she was shiting on about how amazing, gifted, talented, brilliant Bradley Cooper was my husband who doesn’t follow any of this was like “the guy from the hangover?”. He’s great and all but Jesus GaGa stop acting like you both cured cancer. You’d think she was Streep from the way she’s going on. 

• Love 4

Supposedly, Gaga's dress is a homage to the gown Judy Garland wore in the original ASIB.  It's a hot mess, but I expected an OTT mess from her.  That said, the necklace is gorgeous.  Such a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Would love Alison Brie's dress except for the bra.  It doesn't work.  But the floaty tulle is pretty on her.

Finally, the cast from Black Panther!!

• Love 3

I love me some Bradley Cooper and have loved him for years, so I won't complain about any moment he spends in giving interviews.  I know he doesn't like to do interviews, so I will take what I can get.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chas411 said:

Apparently Chrissie Metz didn’t know her mic was on and was heard calling Alison Brie a bitch after they finished an interview.

Ooooh! What station was this on?

1 minute ago, Chas411 said:

Apparently Chrissie Metz didn’t know her mic was on and was heard calling Alison Brie a bitch after they finished an interview.

Yikes! 

Matthew Rhys looks yummy.  Maybe it's the beard?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I really really want to see Bohemian Rhapsody, if only to see his performance.

I loved Bohemian Rhapsody and his performance was amazing. I'm rooting for him or Bradley Cooper this year. 

I like Gags as a singer and her interviews don't bother me in the least. I loved her in ASIB, but don't think she was was worthy of a win. Loved the color of the dress, but the wrap was a mess. Don't like the blue hair.

My favorite look so far is Kaley Cuoco, but I can't wait to see Gemma Chan. She's stunning.

• Love 4

Not sure the channel it happened on but I posted the link to the site that posted it first . I’d say a couple of sites will be reporting it now until one of them comes on and clears it up. 

In addition to E!, I'm running a live feed from some random link on Reddit. During commercials, they run screenshots of the members of the HFPA with factoids, and I need to find those somewhere and read all of them. One guy's favorite TV show is Make Room for Daddy.

hfpa.JPG

Edited by 2727
  • Love 2

The fashion this year is so bad. Either completely boring, or just weird for the sake of weird. I remember watching these shows when I was younger and coveting all the gorgeous dresses, but this year there isn't a single one where I'm like "ooooh, I'd love to wear that".

That being said, I appreciate that Janelle Monae has a distinct aesthetic, and she sticks to it. Not always my cuppa tea, but I respect it all the same.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Chrissie Metz called who a bitch?  Who is Allison Brie?

Allison Brie played Annie in Community, and now plays the lead in GLOW, a show about women professional wrestlers on Netflix.  Damn, even People Magazine is reporting that mic gaffe by Chrissie.  

Spotted Constance Wu's dress, not impressive.  Another dishwater colored dress and the top looks like a nude leotard you'd find at a department store.

Is Timothy Chalamet wearing a glittery harness?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 2727 said:

In addition to E!, I'm running a live feed from some random link on Reddit. During commercials, they run screenshots of the members of the HFPA with factoids, and I need to find those somewhere and read all of them. 

hfpa.JPG

Yes.  Almost all of them have 40+ years in the HFPA.  (This one you've posted is a freakin' newbie!)  They're OLD!  (I'm a baby boomer.  I can say that. LOL)  It's why I don't think we can count the GGs as a particularly accurate predictor for other upcoming awards.  They're such a unique voting group compared to the other awards.

2 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Yes.  Almost all of them have 40+ years in the HFPA.  (This one you've posted is a freakin' newbie!)  They're OLD!  (I'm a baby boomer.  I can say that. LOL)  It's why I don't think we can count the GGs as a particularly accurate predictor for other upcoming awards.  They're such a unique voting group compared to the other awards.

Yet they have been historically considered an accurate predictor of Oscar winners in particular.

Edited by legaleagle53
40 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm already over Gaga and this award season has just started.

A-freakin-men. If she goes on and on like that for every red carpet greet this will be a looongggg awards season.  Her hair looks awful amd the dress would be pretty without those awful arm band things 

• Love 3