Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Katie looks great. Eat your heart out Tom Cruise.

My bet is Tom's moved on. I think it was a business arrangment for both from day one. And I loved Gervais just calling her out on it.  ("I can't even imagine what some of you did to get here....I'm not even looking at Katie Holmes.")

Amy Adams is the most life-like and animated I've ever seen her. (I usually find her quite robotic). She wasn't a favorite to win, and she seems genuinely surprised, and maybe that's made her more candid and "normal."

• Love 1

Yay, Matt Bomer.  I hope all this praise he got for The Normal Heart will launch him to the next level.  He's spent to long treading water on White Collar.

Oh, Gervais.  Sometimes I like him, but I thought he struck-out this time.  Way too long and unfunny.

Really, Amy Adams?  I love you, but how could you not be prepared?  I thought she was one of the front-runners (at least in the comedy category.)  You need to enjoy it while you can because I suspect your destined to be the bridesmaid again to Julianne Moore come Oscar time.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

I understand that she didn't prepare a speech, but she could've just said "thank you" like Billy Bob.

I was so confused that Normal Heart was nominated. I guess the Emmys and Golden Globes run on a way different schedule. Seems like Normal Heart was a long time ago. Good for Bomer though.

I forgot to mention how much I loved the Meryl selfie bit with Margaret Cho. Meryl Streep is a gem.

And apparently Benedict Cumberbatch photo-bombed it as well, which is awesome. (He has a reputation as being Hollywood's best and most prolific photo-bomber). 

I love Matt Bomer... so happy he won. He is just freaking beautiful, and great casting for the new HBO Montgomery Clift biopic. 

Selma Hayek is gorgeous... and I love her dress. 

• Love 5

So, Salma Hayek drew the short straw, huh?  I hope it was just a bit, because she really looked like she wanted to launch Kevin Hart off the stage near the end of it.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 over The Lego Movie?  I guess the Globes aren't ready to embrace Lego films yet!

Surprised Patricia Arquette beat out the other ladies...

Kevin Hart is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

As soon as I saw Leto, I knew he'd go political. Not hating that, though.

I would have preferred for one of the comedians to make the Charlie reference, as I feel that would have been more "on point", but I respect the shout-out.

Edited by Sugar

Patrica Arquette wins, but still makes sure to praise Meryl Streep in her speech.  It's like everyone is afraid if you displease The Streep by not paying tribute, she'll make you pay for it.  Maybe it's true!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Patrica Arquette wins, but still makes sure to praise Meryl Streep in her speech.  It's like everyone is afraid if you displease The Streep by not paying tribute, she'll make you pay for it.  Maybe it's true!

When La Streep (whom I like!) was on Letterman recently, he said everyone must be terrified of her on set, and she said the same thing was probably true of him when people came on the show -- he shrugged and nodded yes.  "It's fun, isn't it?" said Streep. 

• Love 4