Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

It was jealousy, "This movie is about love and connection, something my movie is definitely not about."

Don't forget true love.

And Lady Bird looks to be a lock for a Best Picture nomination.

• Love 1
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Now they're just being random: Salma Hayek introducing Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri?

They may have wanted to get her on the broadcast. Her op-ed a few weeks back in the New York Times was brutal. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

I would watch the hell out of Alicia Vikander and Michael Keaton buddy movie!

I have this strange dislike for her ever since she beat Rooney Mara out for the Oscar a couple of years ago. But I could definitely go for her in a buddy movie with Keaton!

3 minutes ago, Ms.Moon said:

One thing I have always loved about Oprah is that she was always able to be compassionate about people who have struggled in difficult times.  Reese Taylor lived in a time when her abduction and gang rape after church (Oprah made sure that was stated) by six white men would not be treated with any degree of seriousness she knew she would not see any justice for her pain and suffering.  This is a real crime that happened to an actual woman.  Oprah was able to tell that woman’s story and give women many in that room who had been victims themselves and women who were watching, women who will hear about this speech and seek it out, to the women and young women and girls who struggle in so many ways that there is hope, by speaking out we might not be able to fix our situation but our struggles might help others.  Times they are a changing and through all the darkness Hope.

Yes.  Well-said -- thank you.

• Love 2

Ugh, anti-Semitic, wife beating Oldman for the win - gross. He's also a scenery chewer in yet another mediocre biopic about Churchill. Let's hope he doesn't win the Oscar.

• Love 7

I’m dying to see both “The Darkest Hour” and “The Post”. 

I read Gary Oldman had to get up at 2:15 every morning for makeup and fat suit. He deserves all the awards just for that dedication. 

• Love 3
Just now, pivot said:

Ugh, anti-Semitic, wife beating Oldman for the win - gross. He's also a scenery chewer in yet another mediocre biopic about Churchill. Let's hope he doesn't win the Oscar.

Really?  Do tell.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

Timothée Chalamet should have won.

Yep.  Not only is it an amazing performance, I thought Oldman's previous comments about the Globes would have affected him here.  But I guess his "nice playing" recently was enough.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

Is The Post going to defy all odds and be completely shut out this award season?

The Post has seemed like an also-ran since it debuted. A nice movie made by talented people but not a movie people are passionate about.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, pivot said:

I don't know that the wife beating thing is true but some of the other comments he has made...yeah.

But if he won here, he's winning out. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Really?  Do tell.

One link. There were rumors of him abusing Uma as well. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/07/gary-oldman-alleged-spousal-abuse-mel-gibson/

Just now, Irlandesa said:

I don't know that the wife beating thing is true but some of the other comments he has made...yeah.

But if he won here, he's winning out. 

Nah, the Golden Globes aren't much of precursor any more. Let's see what happens at SAG. 

Just now, unicorn23 said:

So thrilled for Lady Bird. I haven't watched the movie yet due to lack of time, but it's the movie I'll watch first out of all the award-worthy movies. Saoirse can do no wrong in my book.

I watched Byzantium last night on Hulu.  I bought she was a 200 year old Vampire.

• Love 2