Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Sadly, there are a LOT of sad, unfulfilled folks out there.

I think JK Simmons threw down some shade (in the guise of a thank-you) at Miles Teller and from what I've read, it is deserved.

Was the Cumberbatch thing unplanned?

JLo's dress was poorly fitted, among other problems.

what do you mean about JK and Miles? i'm genuinely curious now...

i'm not a prude, but Jeremy Renner made me SUPER uncomfortable.

Mr. Darcy - still smoking hot after twenty years.

I am right there with you.

Sing it, sisters. It was the only off note of the would-you-rather routine, that anyone would possibly rather Colin Farrell. My suspension of disbelief doesn't extend that far.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 12

I like the concept of Kerry Washington's dress, but I think it's the fabric (or the pattern on it) that I don't like. I think if it were a softer, less "stiff" fabric and not so metallic, it would actually work...

The Jane the Virgin win probably could have been predicted. Always one "newcomer" that surprises everyone.  Claire Danes for My So called Life (though that was definitely deserved...), Kerri Russell for Felicity, America Ferrera in Ugly Betty, etc.   Will say... Gina Rodriguez is beautiful. 

what do you mean about JK and Miles? i'm genuinely curious now...

I think he said something to the effect of "I'd like to that Miles Teller, for giving a performance that made me want to scream at him and hit him all day"... 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 1

Was he sitting on Chairy?

I like Gina Rodriguez, but The Golden Globes do love their new shiny toy.

A perfect way to phrase it!  It seems like they went out of their way to choose the least expected nominee in each category.  At least so far.

I suspect Gina Rodriguez is going to be popping up on a bunch of "Highlights of the Globes" lists with that speech and win.  Don't watch the show, but she seems charming.  Surprised Jane the Virgin lost best show, but I heard that Transparent was apparently very great.

Have Colin Firth and Benedict Cumberbatch ever acted together?  Because, I have a feeling a lot of people would be down with those two sharing the screen.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Kerry Washington is so beautiful and the color of the top half of her dress looks stunning in her. Too bad about the rest of it.

Jane the Virgin was a bit much for me, but good for the actress. Plus, she looks great tonight.

Billy Bob had me scared for a moment but the smile with the simple "thank you" made me understand what Angelina was thinking all those years ago.....

Seriously. There's something sexy about him, even though he comes off kinda skeevy or even dangerous as well. My friends call it "dirty hot". Edited by cynic
  • Love 4

I love it when someone wins who the TPTB didn't "expect" to win, and the winner has to walk allllll the way from the back of the room!!

You know, JLo puts the boobs out there, so if Jeremy Renner comments on them, so be it. She has a rocking body and she knows it.

• Love 4

I think he said something to the effect of "I'd like to that Miles Teller, for giving a performance that made me want to scream at him and hit him all day"...

I thought he said that because of their characters in the film Whiplash where JK Simmons plays a teacher who harasses and abuses his students, mostly the character Miles Teller played.

Billy Bob had me scared for a moment but the smile with the simple "thank you" made me understand what Angelina was thinking all those years ago.....

Seriously. There's something sexy about him, even though he comes off kinda skeevy or even dangerous as well. My friends call it "dirty hot".

i've had a thing for Billy Bob since my early teens. Dirty hot is right...

• Love 5

Prince and Julianne Moore should stand together. I think they must have called each other to plan their outfits.

Yay for John Legend! Sing Nutmeg! You know you want to!

Is Stedman with Oprah?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

I'm sure The Theory of Everything music was good, but I really wanted Gone Girl.  Trent Reznor winning awards never gets old for me.

But, hey, at least John Legend and Common got Globes!  Although, I was worried Legend was going to get off, since Common went on for a while.

Man, that Simmons/Miles Teller stuff is interesting.  I'm not saying you should know all his work, but he's been in everything from Law & Order to Spiderman.  Even if it's true that Teller only knew him from those commercials, you shouldn't be admitting that in print.

Edited by thuganomics85

I thought Jen was being pissy because of the bit that Benedict was chosen by Tina and Amy to present with her. I assumed she was acting bitchy because he "crashed" her presenting. 

Is it wrong that I kind of wanted Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson to present together? Yeah.....it probably is.

Yay Matt Bomer! But while he speaks we will flash to all the losers. Classy.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2