Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I didn't watch this but I heard that Sandra Oh won for Killing Eve and I couldn't believe it.  All she did was stutter and look confused in her role.

I'm happy for Rami Malek and Bohemian Rhapsody, Mahershala Ali and all the others who won, and that Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga basically got shut out. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

I am most thrilled about Glenn Close winning.  Veteran actress, long overdue for an Oscar.  Looks to be a three horse race now between Close, Gaga and Olivia Colman.

Oh and Richard Madden!  "Bodyguard" was great and he was fantastic in it.

For all the talk about the groundbreaking "Crazy Rich Asians", I was hoping that the show could have had Michelle Yeoh and Constance Wu as presenters.

Best looks of the night - Regina King, Lupita Nyongo, Charlize Theron, Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman

Worst (yes it might be a little mean, but it's fun) -

Debra Messing - she killed a black swan and then someone dumped silver paint on her

Alison Brie - see my metallic bra through my see through princess dress?  no thanks

Anne Hathaway - leopard disaster

Timothee Chalamet - was that a harness from the 50 Shades red room?

Julia Roberts - it's pants AND a dress because she's such a fashion forward style icon 

Melissa McCarthy - found a classic purple old wizard robe in the closet

Patricia Arquette - my nine year old girl was all "oh my, her boobs are enormous!"  (Were they always like this?  I don't remember her overall being such a large woman.  Poor choice of dress.)

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I am most thrilled about Glenn Close winning.  Veteran actress, long overdue for an Oscar.  Looks to be a three horse race now between Close, Gaga and Olivia Colman.

Oh and Richard Madden!  "Bodyguard" was great and he was fantastic in it.

For all the talk about the groundbreaking "Crazy Rich Asians", I was hoping that the show could have had Michelle Yeoh and Constance Wu as presenters.

Best looks of the night - Regina King, Lupita Nyongo, Charlize Theron, Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman

Debra Messing - she killed a black swan and then someone dumped silver paint on her

Alison Brie - see my metallic bra through my see through princess dress?  no thanks

Anne Hathaway - leopard disaster

Julia Roberts - it's pants AND a dress because she's such a fashion forward style icon 

Melissa McCarthy - found a classic purple old wizard robe in the closet

Patricia Arquette - my nine year old girl was all "oh my, her boobs are enormous!"  (Were they always like this?  I don't remember her overall being such a large woman.  Poor choice of dress.)

I think it was because Patricia wants to be young again and I feel for her. I remember she was this slim cute chick from True Romance and Little Nicky. My guess is the apparent weight gain and the children she had that made the pressure all the more sad. Damn, Hollywood. Let her be comfortable into whatever she wears instead of that dress that looks three sizes too small.

As for Timothee, he seems like he is always playing dress up. At 23, you think he learn how to dress like his co-star, Armie Hammer. I actually thought he looked more like a 1950s county singer to me.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

I think it was because Patricia wants to be young again and I feel for her. I remember she was this slim cute chick from True Romance and Little Nicky. My guess is the apparent weight gain and the children she had that made the pressure all the more sad. Damn, Hollywood. Let her be comfortable into whatever she wears instead of that dress that looks three sizes too small.

I thought Patricia was following the theme.  Golden Globes.  That was seriously awful. Her boobs were under her chin.

• Love 1

I had to look up what Glenn Close has won. She did already have three GGs, Emmys, a Tony, SAG and a few others. This was a pretty strong year for women's roles and she has lots of competition for one of the Oscar slots. I didn't notice until I heard a commercial on the radio this morning, there were no nominations for On the Basis of Sex, were there?

34 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I had to look up what Glenn Close has won. She did already have three GGs, Emmys, a Tony, SAG and a few others. This was a pretty strong year for women's roles and she has lots of competition for one of the Oscar slots. I didn't notice until I heard a commercial on the radio this morning, there were no nominations for On the Basis of Sex, were there?

I don't think it came out in time, did it?

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

I thought Patricia was following the theme.  Golden Globes.  That was seriously awful. Her boobs were under her chin.

Kind of like that South Park episode spoofing on Dawg The Bounty Hunter's Beth where her boobs were up to her chin and you couldn't see her face.

3 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Anybody but Gaga!  But seriously - she didn't win because she wore that horrible gown, am I right?  What was she thinking?  Pretentious, moi?

She went with that big, major dress because she thought she would win. She expected to stand up there with her big Valentino gown and make a big speech. So yeah, a little pretentious.

I mean, I understand wanting to go big at an awards show where you're a favorite to win, but the fitting on this particular gown was not great and it just seemed overwhelming. Normally Gaga wears the gown, it doesn't wear her, but I think the opposite happened in this case.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

They were pretty big by the time she did Medium. She's playing Dee Dee Blanchard so she might have added on more weight.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Anybody but Gaga!  But seriously - she didn't win because she wore that horrible gown, am I right?  What was she thinking?  Pretentious, moi?

As someone else said upthread, it was an homage to Judy Garland/her character in the version of A Star is Born before the Streisand/Kristofferson version (2 versions ago... there have been 4 total... so far).

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Arynm said:

No Lin-Manuel? I am devastated. He is so much fun

He's in Puerto Rico prepping for Hamilton and fund-raising.

17 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

I've never heard of "A Very English Scandal"???  Anyone seen it who could tell me if it's any good?

There is a thread for it here at PTV.  I found the writing uneven, but enjoyed the performances.

17 hours ago, Luvzmutt said:

Saturday nights!  I believe it was right after All in the Family.

The schedule changed from time-to-time, but AitF was typically on early in the evening.  Here's the 1973-74 schedule, where it was followed by M*A*S*H, MTM, and Bob Newhart.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

As someone else said upthread, it was an homage to Judy Garland/her character in the version of A Star is Born before the Streisand/Kristofferson version (2 versions ago... there have been 4 total... so far).

No it wasn't. When they showed Gaga the picture on the red carpet she said she'd never seen the Garland dress and her dress was just something she and the designers chose. Apparently it really was just a strange and amazing coincidence.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Judy’s dress was far more tasteful.  I suppose the color was similar.  BTW, Judy was the definitive Esther Blogett.  Gaga is not in the same league, nor is Barbra.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Minneapple said:

She went with that big, major dress because she thought she would win. She expected to stand up there with her big Valentino gown and make a big speech. So yeah, a little pretentious.

That's what I thought too.  She was ready to swoop up on stage.

• Love 1

Saying it was a homage is hilarious (not saying she said it but whatever outlet said it if it it wasn’t her). It was like everything else she does All About Gaga.

I also adored Oh and Samberg roasting GaGa for that annoying “there can be a 100 people in the room who don’t believe in you” spiel.

I didn’t think the cast of The Big Bang Theory seemed in great form.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

That's what I thought too.  She was ready to swoop up on stage.

Yeah. To be fair she's hardly the first favorite to wear a BIG DRESS expecting to swoop up on stage. It's just it looks kind of funny in this case because she's wearing that big thing (how do you even sit in it? Or eat with those sleeves? There is food and drink at the Globes. Was she able to remove the sleeves for eating and drinking purposes? I HAVE QUESTIONS) and she didn't win the big award. The award she won, she had to share the stage with her co-songwriters. 

It will be interesting to see if she goes more understated for the rest of awards season, but it's Gaga, so I doubt it.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I didn't watch this but I heard that Sandra Oh won for Killing Eve and I couldn't believe it.  All she did was stutter and look confused in her role.

I thought she was okay, but Jodie Comer was the real star.  I still don't understand why she wasn't nominated, both for a GG or an Emmy.  Comer was responsible for the show being as good as it was, not Oh.  Totally get your stutter and confusion comment.  That is pretty much all I remember her doing too.

6 hours ago, blackwing said:

Are we sure he wan't wearing figure skates?

5 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

From what I recall, this isn't the first time her boobs have been presented like bread rising out of a bowl during an award show.  

Out of everyone, I thought Olivia Colman looked spectacular.  That Stella McCartney dress suited her so well and was perfectly fitted.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Best looks of the night - Regina King, Lupita Nyongo...Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman

Agreed

Almost everyone save for the previously mentioned and the men. It’s been a while since I’ve seen so many people dressed so horribly at an awards show. I could count on one hand the people (women) that brought it. The rest wore terrible gowns.   

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Anybody but Gaga!  But seriously - she didn't win because she wore that horrible gown, am I right?  What was she thinking?  Pretentious, moi?

Yes! I also think critics judged Gaga’s  performance on a curve because she’s a singer. I felt the same way about La La Land over the effusive praise for Ryan and Emma because they were singing and dancing. 

I was also relieved A Star is Born did not win Best Picture. I was bored silly and I enjoyed the version with Judy Garland. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I like Gaga (and I adore Bradley Cooper) but a part of the reason I didn’t jump to see a Star is born is because I will probably enjoy it but reading how everyone  seems to praise Gaga as if she’s the best thing to ever act or something turned me off from spending money to see it(movies are quite a chunk of change now). Like I’m sure she’s really good in it but I can’t get behind praising her as if she’s so great. It’s how I feel when certain celebrities take pictures and then fans comment on Instagram like “omg they did that!” And I’m always like..”they got their picture taken?” I will never be a celebrity stan it seems like.

1 hour ago, laprin said:

Yes! I also think critics judged Gaga’s  performance on a curve because she’s a singer. I felt the same way about La La Land over the effusive praise for Ryan and Emma because they were singing and dancing. 

I was also relieved A Star is Born did not win Best Picture. I was bored silly and I enjoyed the version with Judy Garland. 

Madonna faced the same criticism when she won the Golden Globe for Evita.  People who didn’t like her said “oh big surprise, she’s a singer, heretofore her acting was pretty bad in some movies, so it’s not a stretch for her to act in this movie because it’s pretty much all singing”.

I haven’t seen “A Star is Born” so I can’t comment on Gaga’s acting but I do think she’s a fairly polarising figure... just like Madonna was and is.  Gaga has a crazy checkered history (meat dress, for one) and people who don’t like her probably aren’t going to like her acting.

I have no opinion one way or the other about her,  but I’m kind of glad she didn’t win, if only so that the annointed front runner didn’t win.  This Best Actress Oscar race could very well be a three horse race.  Bradley Cooper seems like he is still the front runner for Best Actor but with Rami Malek, Viggo and Christian Bale, you never know.  Supporting Actor could be interesting with Sam Elliott vs Mahershala Ali.   This is shaping up to be an exciting Oscars race, and the fact that the Globes didn’t go with the perceived favourites in every race makes things better.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I haven’t seen “A Star is Born” so I can’t comment on Gaga’s acting but I do think she’s a fairly polarising figure... just like Madonna was and is.  Gaga has a crazy checkered history (meat dress, for one) and people who don’t like her probably aren’t going to like her acting.

I think Gaga sort of lost herself post Fame Monster.   I didn't mind the Born This Way era but anything related to the Artpop album was simply "too much."  (And she should have known better than to do a song with R. Kelly. Girl, WHY?!)  I think she started to readjust herself as to what she can do as an artist starting with her duets album with Tony Bennett, which I love.  And I think her Sound of Music performance at the Oscars was great.  I enjoyed A Star Is Born.  Enough for her to win Best Actress?  She will need to pull of the SAG win in order for me to say yes.  Enough for Shallow to win Best Song to make up to losing for that horrible Sam Smith 007 number?  Very likely (though I think All the Stars from Black Panther can still pose a challenge.) 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

So him being the next Bond might be true?

Haha.  I was looking for Daniel Craig when they announced the Supporting Actress nominees, I must have missed him.  He is looking OLD.  But I think the issue is that Idris Elba isn't much younger.  Richard Madden for Bond!  Certainly got a lot more exposure after his GG win.

• Love 2

Daniel's face in that pic is cracking me up!

My favorite joke from  the evening was Sandra Oh's unimpressed Asian Mom face when talking about how Crazy Rich Asians made $200 million at the box office. Her parents are adorable.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, blackwing said:

Madonna faced the same criticism when she won the Golden Globe for Evita.  People who didn’t like her said “oh big surprise, she’s a singer, heretofore her acting was pretty bad in some movies, so it’s not a stretch for her to act in this movie because it’s pretty much all singing”.

Interestingly enough, I like both Madonna and Lady Gaga as entertainers. I was a huge Madonna fan growing up and Lady Gaga is one of the best vocalists working today. However, I was not blown away by either Madonna's acting in Evita (stilted and not much dialogue to work with) nor Lady Gaga (lacked the charm/charisma that Judy brought to the role). 

• Love 3

If anyone missed the Golden Globes & you have Hulu, you can now watch the entire show there. Or you can rewatch it if you already saw it live on Sunday or via recording afterwards.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

I’m really surprised at how many people across multiple platforms were surprised when Christian Bale started speaking.  I truly thought it was very common knowledge that he is British (Welsh?).

No one heard the Terminator video?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, laprin said:

Interestingly enough, I like both Madonna and Lady Gaga as entertainers. I was a huge Madonna fan growing up and Lady Gaga is one of the best vocalists working today. However, I was not blown away by either Madonna's acting in Evita (stilted and not much dialogue to work with) nor Lady Gaga (lacked the charm/charisma that Judy brought to the role). 

Same. I like Madonna and Gaga and yes since I haven’t since a Star is born, I can’t say much on her acting there but I did watch American horror story and she was.. okay there. Again people seemed to give her a lot of leeway because she was a singer and then was starring in a tv show. And that’s why I’m turned off from a Star is born and I do like Gaga. 

And I grew with someone else that she did seem to lose her footing after Fame Monster but I do wonder if that’s because she started her identity that way and after she did that, what else could Do? I do like her stuff with Tony Bennett but I don’t think even that album reached what the fame monster did for her. And I’m really honestly not sure if acting is really going to be her next step.

I do think she expected to win. I mean almost every show I watch predicated she would win and the movie would win.  Bradley Cooper was a maybe for acting, not for directing because people didn’t think they would give him one for his first time directing compared to more notable directors, but people never once said Bohemian Rhapsody would win for movie. That was never a contender compared to ASIB. And I know some people have issues with bohemian rhapsody but I just laughed when it meant a Star is born didn’t win.

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I do think she expected to win. I mean almost every show I watch predicated she would win and the movie would win.  Bradley Cooper was a maybe for acting, not for directing because people didn’t think they would give him one for his first time directing compared to more notable directors, but people never once said Bohemian Rhapsody would win for movie. That was never a contender compared to ASIB. And I know some people have issues with bohemian rhapsody but I just laughed when it meant a Star is born didn’t win.

I like Lady Gaga and her music.  I've seen ASIB three times and Bohemian Rhapsody three times.  I loved them both, but I never thought:

1. That BoRap was quite good enough to even get nominated and

2. While I thought ASIB was great as a whole and that Bradley Cooper would deserve a win if he got it (same with the movie as Best Picture), I didn't think Gaga was quite good enough to get a win.  Nominated, yes, but a win?  No. 

The nominations for BoRap are surprising to me and I'm actually quite happy about it since I haven't talked to one person yet who thought it was as bad as the critics made it out to be.  At worst I've heard that it was "ok" and even that is a rare response when I ask. 

I'm also shocked to hear that Gaga was considered a front runner. 

• Love 2

To be honest, Gaga has gotten more love/admiration on her foray into acting than Madonna or Cher ever did.  I watched the latest ASIB, and she didn't hold a candle to Judy or even Barbra playing the part.  The latest movie was Bradley Cooper's movie with Gaga a small supporting character in it.

With that said, Gaga has to pay her dues and she can look to Sally Field (laughed at for trying to be dramatic before getting her two oscars) and Cher (laughed at for even trying to act.. getting an Oscar nom and later an Oscar win) to show that if you have the talent.. it will be rewarded down the line.

I think Gaga has two types of people those who love her beyond reason And those who hate her beyond reason.   I saw this with American Horror Story.  The insane hatred.  Those who thought the season was ruined because she was on it.  She wasnt that bad.  Maybe not award worthy but the amount of vitriol was uncalled for.    And now with the awards she is winning fir a music movie that she is actually good in people are again looking for reasons to bring her down.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

To be honest, Gaga has gotten more love/admiration on her foray into acting than Madonna or Cher ever did. 

Yeah I'll never forget the story of some people in the cinema bursting out in laughter when Cher first came on screen in her first big motion picture role, which was Silkwood I believe. Of course the legend is that by the end of the film, they were all sold. 

20 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

The latest movie was Bradley Cooper's movie with Gaga a small supporting character in it.

IA. This is where I'm at regarding the film and Gaga's performance. She was okay and acquitted herself well enough but I saw nothing that convinced me she gave an Oscar winning performance there. And the fact that she's garnered so many awards at all this season is insane to me. Still baffled she tied with Glenn Close for the Critic's Choice when in my opinion, Glenn, Melissa McCarthy and Olivia Colman all gave far superior performances to Gaga. 

20 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think Gaga has two types of people those who love her beyond reason And those who hate her beyond reason.  

Pretty broad generalization. I don't love Gaga beyond reason but I don't hate her either. I never have. I think she's an extremely talented singer/songwriter/musician and The Fame and Fame Monster still get heavy rotation on my playlist. That said, I do think she's incredibly pretentious and far too up her ass sometimes. In fact, I believe that's why things quickly went south for her before this current resurgence.

ARTPOP, which was the beginning of her declining album sales was a clear case of an artist who had gotten too caught up in their supposed genius and had way too many "yes" people around them. And as for A Star is Born, like I noted above, I thought she was good but there was nothing in that performance that convinced me it was an Oscar winning performance by her. YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Nominations for the 2020 Ceremony are out. 

BEST PICTURE - DRAMA

The Irishman
Joker
The Two Popes
Marriage Story

BEST PICTURE-- COMEDY/MUSICAL

Dolemite Is My Name
Knives Out
Jojo Rabbit
Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Rocketman

BEST DIRECTOR

Bong Joon-ho, Parasite
Sam Mendes, 1917
Todd Phillips, Joker

Martin Scorsese, The Irishman
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood

BEST ACTOR - DRAMA

Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari
Jonathan Pryce, The Two Popes

BEST ACTRESS - DRAMA

Renée Zellweger, Judy
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story
Saoirse Ronan, Little Women
Charlize Theron, Bombshell

BEST ACTOR - COMEDY/MUSICAL

Daniel Craig, Knives Out
Roman Griffin Davis, Jojo Rabbit
Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Taron Egerton, Rocketman
Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name

BEST ACTRESS - COMEDY/MUSICAL

Awkwafina, The Farewell
Ana de Armas, Knives Out
Cate Blanchett, Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
Beanie Feldstein, Booksmart
Emma Thompson, Late Night

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Al Pacino, The Irishman
Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Joe Pesci, The Irishman
Anthony Hopkins, The Two Popes

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Kathy Bates, Richard Jewell
Annette Bening, The Report
Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers
Margot Robbie, Bombshell

BEST SCREENPLAY

Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story
Anthony McCarten, The Two Popes
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Bong Joon-ho and Jin Hon Wan, Parasite
Steven Zaillian, The Irishman

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

“Beautiful Ghosts,” Taylor Swift and Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cats
“Into the Unknown,” Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, Frozen II
“Spirit,” Beyoncé, The Lion King
“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again,” Elton John, Rocketman
“Stand Up,” Cynthia Erivo, Harriet

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

Alexandre Desplat, Little Women
Hildur Guðnadóttir, Joker
Randy Newman, Marriage Story
Thomas Newman, 1917
Daniel Pemberton, Motherless Brooklyn

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Parasite
The Farewell
Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Les Misérables
Pain and Glory

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE

Toy Story 4
Frozen II
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Missing Link
The Lion King

TELEVISION

BEST SERIES, DRAMA

Big Little Lies
The Crown
Killing Eve
The Morning Show
Succession

BEST SERIES, COMEDY

Barry
Fleabag
The Kominsky Method
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Politician

BEST LIMITED SERIES

Catch 22
Chernobyl
Fosse/Verdon
The Loudest Voice
Unbelievable

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Brian Cox, Succession
Kit Harington, Game of Thrones
Rami Malek, Mr. Robot
Tobias Menzies, The Crown
Billy Porter, Pose

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
Olivia Colman, The Crown
Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
Bill Hader, Barry
Ben Platt, The Politician
Paul Rudd, Living With Yourself
Ramy Youssef, Ramy

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida
Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A TV SERIES

Alan Arkin, The Kominsky Method
Kieran Culkin, Succession
Andrew Scott, Fleabag
Stellan Skarsgard, Chernobyl
Henry Winkler, Barry

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A TV SERIES

Patricia Arquette, The Act
Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
Toni Collette, Unbelievable
Meryl Streep, Big Little Lies
Emily Watson, Chernobyl

BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR TELEVISION MOTION PICTURE

Christopher Abbott, Catch 22
Sacha Baron Cohen, The SpyRussell Crowe, The Loudest Voice
Jared Harris, Chernobyl
Sam Rockwell, Fosse/Verdon

BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR TELEVISION MOTION PICTURE

Kaitlyn Dever, Unbelievable
Joey King, The Act
Helen Mirren, Catherine the Great
Merritt Wever, Unbelievable
Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon

Immediate reactions. Surprised by the complete shut out for When They See Us but considering who makes up the HFPA, sort of not. Definitely surprised all the love for another Netflix original, Unbelievable that while got great reviews, wasn't exactly as buzzed about as other shows. 

In typical HFPA fashion, they went for the big names and so while not surprising, still rollling my eyes really hard at the nominations for Big Little Lies and especially Morning Show. Morning Show is the biggest joke. The series has gotten okay to middling reviews but there was no way they weren't going to get Aniston in there. 

The film nominations were fairly predictable and for the most part to be expected. Let the battle of Joaquin Phoenix vs. Adam Driver fully begin. Or will the precursors so far prove correct and this will be Antonio Banderas' career defining moment. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I can't believe that in the clusterfuck that was season 8 of Game of Thrones, the HFPA decided that Kit Harrington was the only thing that deserved a nomination. I hope that he wins, just so his acceptance speech can be "I don't want it."

• Love 2