Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Amal looked a bit nervous, so maybe George was being protective. She is such a smart and accomplished woman, but this scene may be a little weird for her.

Benedict Cumberbatch -- don't understand the "hunk" love for him. He is nice looking, but no George Clooney! lol. And obviously YMMV.

I can't believe how thin these actresses are!! They must live on lettuce, cigarettes, and exercise.

• Love 1

If Amy Poehler isn't four months pregnant, she should fire whoever selected that dress.  Frumpy and dumpy.  Perhaps it's a ruse and she will change into something sexy before the show.

• Love 1

I thought Amal looked a bit nervous, so maybe George was being protective. She is such a smart and accomplished woman, but this scene may be a little weird for her.

I agree, especially when someone as accomplished as Amal has to talk to someone as vapid as Giuliana.

I think Anna Faris looks great, and she has Chris Pratt on her arm, so that is not too shabby either.

What has Catherine Zeta Jones done to her face? I have always considered her one of the most gorgeous women in films, do I hate that she seems to have had a lot if work done. I know she has had a rough couple years.

For my money, Selma Hayek looks the best so far.

Edited by Deanie87

Enjoyed the dueling Cosby impressions. And the would-you-rather. Poor Linklater!

Dear Announcer, I'm not anticipating 50 Shades of Grey, although I am anticipating it fading to black quickly.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 3

I haven't liked a lot of Jennifer Aniston movies, but I think she has a good personality or at least what I have seen in interviews.

Fifty Shades of Grey is anticipated? Seriously?

I thought it would go to Kathy Bates. I wasn't a fan of most of the television nominees. Apparently the Hollywood Foreign Press and I do not agree on a lot.

Edited by Misslindsey

Nice start for Tina and Amy.  The Cosby jokes will probably be remembered, but I also liked the Clooney bit.  Seriously, that is one accomplished woman.  Good-looking actor doesn't cut it against all that!

Haven't seen Whiplash, but thrilled for J.K. Simmons.  One of my favorite actors out there.  Don't watch Dowton Abby, but judging from the description of the story-line, I can see why the actress won.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Rosamund Pike is wearing a gown that looks like a wedding dress reject from Say Yes To The Dress that has been cut outs like a paper snowflake.

You mean she is wearing a stripper fairy gown? 

I loved Tina and Amy's would you rather. I thought it was hilarious!

Yay Fargo!

Fargo and Billy Bob over True Detective and Matthew McConuaghey, huh?  I guess the hype has officially been passed.  I liked both, but I do think I preferred Fargo, so I'm cool with it.

Either the teleprompter was messing up, or Jeremy Renner already had a few drinks in him.  Judging from his "globes" crack about J.Lo's breasts, I'm leaning towards the latter.

• Love 2

I just love how Tina and Amy's feminism always shines through their humor. First, their Clooney jab and extolling Amal. And then their Cosby joke.

Jeremy Renner's comments re: JLo's "globes" were inappropriate. Yuck.

• Love 9

Fifty Shades of Grey is anticipated? Seriously?

Sadly, there are a LOT of sad, unfulfilled folks out there.

I think JK Simmons threw down some shade (in the guise of a thank-you) at Miles Teller and from what I've read, it is deserved.

Was the Cumberbatch thing unplanned?

JLo's dress was poorly fitted, among other problems.

What was with Jeremy Renner and Jennifer Lopez? Everything seemed kinda casual and over familiar.

Completely the opposite from Cumberbatch and Aniston. He seemed fine. She seemed trying too hard or something. There's something brittle about her.

Like everyone else, loved the Clooney joke in the opener.

I have absolutely no desire to see Fifty Shades of Gray, but I would be perfectly fine if Jamie Dornan narrated the entirety of the show. Love his accent! 

I thought the opening segment was really funny, and the comments about George/Amal were fantastic! 

• Love 2