Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Creatures Of The Night

And it would have worked to if someone had thought of it sooner. Also what took them so long to think of Molotov cocktails?

I'd guess that someone may have thought of it sooner, but being at a gas station, may have wanted to leave the flamethrowing as a final resort. As it was, with the offensive toward the bread truck, I thought they were taking a pretty big risk with all that gasoline sloshing around and vaporizing.

What was up with Hassan? Not one bit of his characterization made sense. Who is really going to be that concerned with their shop, surrounded by that kind of nightmare? At least make him like Chang from Tremors. Jeez.

These people are terminally stupid, the whole lot except Abraham and Fet. I only started watching this week too.  

I don't watch Walking Dead, so I got a vibe of Stephen King's "The Mist" from this ep.

Yes OMG The Mist. I surprisingly loved that movie. Half of that was due that I watched it with no idea what it was about - mystery, horror, romance - NONE! I went in totally fresh and unspoiled. It looked a bit hooky at first and I wound up watching but wow did I find it riveting and harrowing all at once. The ending was non-traditional and my everything. This eppy and the movie also have the thing in common of 

1 chick deciding to make a run for it and actually making it. Coincidentally, it was Melissa McBride of Walking Dead.

Anyone else wondering about Nora's mom? Did they leave her alone in Abe's secret room? Doesn't she have dementia? She seems liable to burn shit down or at the very least release whatever the hell he is holding as trophy or for safekeeping that was shown like episode 1. My guess it is the heart or something of a prior master or maybe the Master's wife or other family member.

Was a bit surprised to see Sean Astin bite it, since he is a major actor, but I couldn't help wondering that The Lord of the Rings money must not be that long and strong if he is doing this show.

Hope Regina King shows up again and stays awhile. 

Was a bit surprised to see Sean Astin bite it, since he is a major actor, but I couldn't help wondering that The Lord of the Rings money must not be that long and strong if he is doing this show.

Eh, few actors would want to live on residuals alone, even if they could. This show seems like a win-win for Astin: a somewhat meaty role on a summer show that's had buzz but it was a short term gig, not locking him into a long contract.

Was anyone else completely distracted by that fountain-like toupe'/hair extensions on Eph's forehead?  It was so poorly done, and you can tell that the editors knew it, because they rarely showed Eph in a head shot for anything more than a second or two.  

Edited by ViewerPDX

Anyone else hear Samwise's speech from The Two Towers in their head when Jim was telling Eph and Nora to kill him and asking Abe about him turning on his parents and wife?  Just me...ok.

I've always liked Sean as an actor but I can't help it when he does a dramatic scene.  "It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were..."

• Love 1

I've always liked Sean as an actor but I can't help it when he does a dramatic scene.  "It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were..."

Dammit, LuLu123, now I'll be humming the Shire theme until I go to bed.

What was up with Hassan? Not one bit of his characterization made sense. Who is really going to be that concerned with their shop, surrounded by that kind of nightmare?

Yeah, why write a character so stupid.  Deranged people, at least, are killing and attacking the store and he's more worried about the night's receipts.

And did he say he was waiting on the cops?  The one's they couldn't get hold of.

Eph and Nora still haven't come over fully to the Slayer's side, still doubting him.  And did she say something highminded about being thieves?  Yes, Nora, you can steal something if your town is being invaded by a vampire plague.  Good grief.

Abe and Vas are great.  Get Buffy with them and you'd have a winning team.

I can't believe that Eph is still questioning Abe. The man knows what he's talking about. I would have preferred that Sean Astin's character stayed, and someone else had died - I liked him, even though he was an idiot to do what he did and help to get all of this started. 

I love Fet - he's great. 

I don't understand how the vampire menace can still be undercover from the police and other authorities if packs of them have been attacking people in the streets since the eclipse. Improbably Attractive Hacker didn't also disable police radio dispatch frequencies, did she?

I don't understand how the vampire menace can still be undercover from the police and other authorities if packs of them have been attacking people in the streets since the eclipse. Improbably Attractive Hacker didn't also disable police radio dispatch frequencies, did she?

These are the same cops who hauled Gus and Felix off without noticing that the guy they'd been tussling with had a long sucking tentacle.

• Love 2

These are the same cops who hauled Gus and Felix off without noticing that the guy they'd been tussling with had a long sucking tentacle.

The cops are basically jobbers, just doing their job to be there, but not be part of the storyline or solution.

Speaking of love, my thoughts on ETH and Nora....

She's loved him for a while now, he's starting to realize the feeling is mutual.

I'm not sure if she loves him, though they've certainly have had an affair.  I think there are mutual feelings between them but probably aren't at the level of romantic love just yet.

btw, his name is Eph, short for Ephraim.  

• Love 1

Was anyone else completely distracted by that fountain-like toupe'/hair extensions on Eph's forehead?  It was so poorly done, and you can tell that the editors knew it, because they rarely showed Eph in a head shot for anything more than a second or two.  

I am hoping that at some point they can work the "ole ceremonial head shaving" thing into the plot. I'm thinking like Shane in The Walking Dead. That rug is distracting everyone. I like Corey Stoll bald.

I am loving Fet, sort of like Darryl in TWD. He gets it DONE.