Type keyword(s) to search

Remington Steele Past Seasons/All Episodes Chat...

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

UGH. They skipped over THREE more episodes just so they could air the season that didn't HAPPEN!!! "Santa is Coming to Steele," "Steele in the Spotlight" and "Steele at Your Service." I'm especially fond of the last one, because Steele has to play an English butler and it was hilarious! At least they aired Sensitive Steele"  and "Beg, Borrow or Steele."

I would have much preferred that seasons 1-4 had aired instead.????

This is why the TV gods invented DVDs! :-) Figures so many good episodes were skipped to show the aberration that is "season 5" and <vomit> Tony. (The <vomit> thing is a necessity when typing his name.)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is why the TV gods invented DVDs! :-) Figures so many good episodes were skipped to show the aberration that is "season 5" and <vomit> Tony. (The <vomit> thing is a necessity when typing his name.)

Well yeah, that goes without saying! But I don't recall them skipping episodes before. Probably because it wasn't being aired just for the summer.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well yeah, that goes without saying! But I don't recall them skipping episodes before. Probably because it wasn't being aired just for the summer.

Probably saving the holiday-themed episodes for the appropriate time, but as for "Steele At Your Service" and such, that makes no sense to me!

What I love about Steele at Your Service - which is just an okay episode - is how as each suspect gives her/his version of events, we see that dramatization, complete with the character staring at the camera.  It also gets points for winking and nodding at the various caricatures it presents (while previous episodes have simply perpetuated the stereotype). 

• Love 1

So, as it is the holidays and there are DVDs, I revisited "Santa Claus Is Coming To Steele". I still adore the scene where Remington and Laura have that bittersweet chat about Christmases Past: Steele and his tale of hungering for what he saw through that window with a happy family, and Laura talking about the candy her long-disappeared father used to buy for her.

The disparity in their stories made it more poignant, but I love how it also deepened them as well-rounded characters.

• Love 2