Type keyword(s) to search

RW in the Media: Somehow the Show is Almost Relevant

scrb
  • Start Topic

That Las Vegas season is when I quit watching for good (I'd been drifting away for quite a while already), so it's certainly not clear in my memory, but what the hell was interesting - let alone most interesting - about Trishelle?  She was as dumb as a box of hair, and spent all her time hooking up with someone equally stupid.  Yawn.   

That Las Vegas season is when I quit watching for good (I'd been drifting away for quite a while already), so it's certainly not clear in my memory, but what the hell was interesting - let alone most interesting - about Trishelle?  She was as dumb as a box of hair, and spent all her time hooking up with someone equally stupid.  Yawn.   

Seriously. She was certainly a big focal point of that season, but most memorable ever? Not even close. 

I'd be hard pressed to identify one most memorable, but as far as names you immediately associate with RW, I'd say Puck or Pedro. 

Also, Danny from Austin at #4, just one spot below original NY Julie (who I think was one of the most important casting choices of that pilot season)??? No way. Yes, he got his head kicked in on Day 1 and the scene of him finding out his mother had passed was extremely sad, but that whole season was a casting fail. 

Aside from the list itself, that "writer" is a moron. 

proving that after being on air for 17 years the show was still ahead of the curb.

The only non-New Yorker to be on the original season, Julie experienced a huge future shock.

I'll try to be charitable and assume that autocorrect played a hand in here, otherwise that is just too sad for words. 

• Love 1

Dunno where else to post this . . . MTV will be running episodes back-to-back on Thursday, with an After Show after midnight. If you want to be spoiler-free, you should avoid the descriptions for the episodes.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Aaron4102 said:

Season 32 will begin filming sometime within the next few weeks. They're heading back to Seattle apparently

Are they down to only going to cities that will allow them back now?  Feels like it. Of all the cities they could go to it seems weird to me that they're already recycling.

They were not popular at all the last time in Seattle. And being on the Hill would have been a disaster in the 90s. But sadly, these days they may fit right in with the dudebros who have overtaken the Hill. 

• Love 1

I lived in Seattle the last time they were here…I remember them being shunned all over town.  It'll be interesting to see where they go this time (bars, clubs, etc) & the dudebros are just one reason I don't live on the Hill anymore. 

It's depressing to go to the Hill these days. I lived there in the 90s and it's a totally different vibe now. I still live in Seattle and overall still love it but my old hangouts are becoming a thing of the past. I agree it will be intersesting to see where they hang. 

(edited)

All I can think of is how the crappy parking in that area will get even worse with all the production crew etc. hogging the available spaces.  And probably lookie-loos too.

Oh...  I just looked at the link for the building, and it looks like it has its own small parking garage.  Whew.

Edited by HurricaneVal

This afternoon, MTV ran a history about their programming and the LBGTQ community, MTV’s Proudest Moments. I'm betting you can find it on their site, because I don't think it's getting rerun. They started off with mini-profiles on Norman, Pedro, Genesis (though most of it was Kameelah talking to the girl), Danny and Katelynn. We got commentary from Aneesa, Rachel Robinson (I made the sign of the cross with my fingers because I still find her repellent), and fucking Frank Sweeney.

• Love 2

Dude. DUDE. Isn't Sean a Congressman? I would think he'd be passing laws instead of plowing Rachel without protection. I mean, those two with eight kids is a better picture than Puck with one, but seriously. Let her breathe, man!!!  And how old is the first kid, the one Ruthie tried to sign at the Reunion? Seventeen?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2016 at 9:26 AM, OnceSane said:

I lived in Seattle the last time they were here…I remember them being shunned all over town.  It'll be interesting to see where they go this time (bars, clubs, etc) & the dudebros are just one reason I don't live on the Hill anymore. 

Update: The roommates are traveling to Seattle today

Edited by Aaron4102

Need a reason to get mad at BMP? I mean, really mad? This should do it.

ETA: I don't use Twitter. Somebody alert Bill Simmons. I know his thoughts are on his show and Kevin Durant, and he probably views RW as a feeder for The Challenge, but I'd expect outrage from him.

In case you missed The Daily Show or don't watch it . . . Trevor Noah brought up Sean and Rachel. He referred to them as "Reality stars you don't remember married to congressmen you've never heard of."

ETA: On Monday's run-up to the con, TDS ran clips of GOP people saying that Trump wasn't good, and one of them was Sean. Maybe he'd get a high-power post with free healthcare for his many, many children?

Rachel can raise all those kids into respectable adults, and the first thing anybody will put on her resume is "Puck Kisser."

Oh, and during a montage on Last Week Tonight, Sean and Rachel were briefly shown. Sean announced that he grew up as a lumberjack. I don't know what to think . . . it's a battle of Monty Python's Lumberjack Song vs. wondering if his kids read Lumberjanes.

On Monday, VH1 Classic is rebranding itself to celebrate MTV's 35th birthday. There will be no RW episodes during the day . . . but after hearing a rumor on the Challenge thread, I checked the schedule on August 7, and VH1 Classic will be running the first season.

• Love 2

Dunno where else to put this . . . BMP is filming in Seattle. Stalkers, get to stalkin'. I wanna know if these idiots are anywhere near as awful as the GBOGH crew, and I'm betting BMP will lock down leaks this season.

Also, you can find out about the MTV Classic marathons on the Past Seasons thread. RW1 will be run again next week, followed by RW2 and the first season of Road Rules.

43 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Dunno where else to put this . . . BMP is filming in Seattle. Stalkers, get to stalkin'. I wanna know if these idiots are anywhere near as awful as the GBOGH crew, and I'm betting BMP will lock down leaks this season.

Also, you can find out about the MTV Classic marathons on the Past Seasons thread. RW1 will be run again next week, followed by RW2 and the first season of Road Rules.

I'll be visiting family over the next week and I don't live near the Seattle RW house, but I'll see what I can find.

Congressman Sean Duffy appeared on CNBC as a Donald Trump for president supporter.

He said he doesn't agree with the "tone" of some of the things Trump has said but otherwise agrees with all of Trump's proposals.

Hilary Clinton would be Obama on "steroids" and their "collectivist" model hasn't worked in Venezuela, Cuba or Greece.

He's not worried about being reelected for his fourth term because he's up 20 or 30 points.

The Real World: We Really, Really, REALLY Want Somebody To Get Hurt, Or Worse

ETA: Good news: This will air after my temp gig. Bad news: South Park is the bigger priority, so I'll be behind on the snark. And I wanted this season to be the last because I thought it would be released in 2017, which will be 25 years since the original.