Type keyword(s) to search

RW in the Media: Somehow the Show is Almost Relevant

scrb
  • Start Topic

I truly believe if MTV cancels it, someone else will pick it up. Oxygen, E!, Bravo ...  I admit, I've lost track over the years which networks fall under the same umbrella. I don't know who, but someone.

I'd love to see someone pick it up and return to the way it was in previous years. When they had jobs/worked together, worked on volunteer projects together, got to know each other, etc. and it wasn't okay to beat the crap out of each other. I liked watching it back then. Maybe I'm too old for the show as it is now... but I was in their demographic when the show started and I enjoyed it.

• Love 5

My eyes glaze over when Melissa drones on exclusively about her kids, but I sure enjoy reading her when she writes about a variety of things.  She's a good writer; sharp and funny. 

• Love 1

I saw an ad for what looks like a straight to video movie starring The Miz? Amazing to me how that kid built himself a career, I personally would not have guessed he would find the performance career he always craved. I kinda thought he was an idiot. :)

• Love 3

That was a nice story. Glad to hear Irulan is doing well.

I knew she was married with kids but randomly found out yesterday that the guy she married was her friend Mikey that came to visit during the season. I had no idea. Hell of a way to maneuver himself out of the friendzone!

I knew she was married with kids but randomly found out yesterday that the guy she married was her friend Mikey that came to visit during the season. I had no idea. Hell of a way to maneuver himself out of the friendzone!

Oh wow! I remember during the reuion season she really wanted a family nice to see that she got that.

Rachel Campos Duffy, from RW San Francisco, hasn't only been popping out Sean Duffy's kids.  She's apparently  a personality in conservative media, appearing regularly on a Fox News show.

The other day, at a campaign event for new GOP candidate Scott Walker, who announced he's running for president this week, Rachel riffed on Hilary and Bill Clinton.  Most of the jokes were kind of lame but this one had some teeth:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/13/surrogate-scott-walker-has-been-married-for-24-years-24-is-bill-clintons-favorite-age/

Think Sean never cheated or thought of cheating?  Would she stand by her man or dump him?

I know that it's late, but what the hell . . . I was flipping through the listings of late-night talk shows, and I saw that Judd is going to be on Late Night With Seth Meyers tonight. I'll ETA about it afterward. All I know is that he's got a book coming out, and I guess he wound up aiming high.

ETA: He had me at "Jewish Doctor Who." Apparently, he's got two kids. Also, Pam looks almost the same as she did in 1994. Natch, Seth brought up RW. Apparently, they met each other when Judd was working on The Awesomes. I got his book on reserve at the library . . . maybe it'll be a bigger impact than his last series, A Town Called Dragon. Oh, and he's coming to New York Comic Con next month. I might make time to see him.

Madison & Tony recently split up

Filming for Real World 31 is rumored to begin next week. Apparently they're heading back to Vegas for a 3rd time

I wonnder who broke up with who and how that's affecting her pregnancy.

Poor (stupid) kids.

Here's what they said on social media last week

Tony's message:

Alright so everyone is asking and yes, Madison and I did split up. The reason, I'm not sure if that should be made public. I'll leave it up to her out of respect, even tho I was hurt...I never wanted things this way but I trust god has a plan. Thank yall for understanding.

Madison's message

I know there is a lot being said over social media right now. And I love and appreciate everyone of you guys. But what it comes down to is that Tony and I will be great parents no matter what. But all the negativity is just adding more stress on me, which isn't healthy on me nor the baby. I'm just trying to be positive and look forward to the future! With love, Madison

Tony saying " I'll leave it up to her out of respect, even tho I was hurt" makes me think Madison did something but who knows

MTV has a program called The Middle Of The Night Show. There's a new guest host each time, and they don't get prepped beforehand. I found out that tonight's episode will be hosted by Mike. Also, the episode description said that he's going to "[betray] an old friend," so I'm looking at the five percent chance Coral might show up.

• Love 1

Ok folks, I'll paste this in a couple of places since it includes "stars" from several series. "The Next 15" produced by Carlos King seems to be the next iteration of "Surreal Life" without the living together part. New York (Tiffany Pollard), Jennifer Williams, Laura Govan, Benzino, Karamo Brown, Claudia Jordan and others explore what it's like trying to make a career of reality tv. Meta meta trash. Hopefully ego clashes, desperation, and immaturity will give us something good. I can't imagine that Jennifer or Benzino will be that interesting, but we'll see. Slated to start in Feb on TVOne.

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/11/09/claudia-jordan-star-new-reality-show-next-15-tiffany-pollard-benzino-jennifer-williams/#/slide/1

I mean, at least they're kind of resurrecting Road Rules in a roundabout way? That's the most positive thing I can say about this. (Although, seriously, this is basically Road Rules, so why not, y'know, bring back Road Rules?)

I have a sighting to report . . . I think. I was watching the debut of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, and I could have sworn that I saw Julie from NOLA at the opening "press conference." Judge for yourself . . . if I'm right, she's the one behind the laptop. I'm a little iffy, because I haven't seen her since Gauntlet 2.

Who has plans for St. Patrick's Day night?

I'm ready for MTV to put this show and The Challenge down. Put up a block of Ridiculousness repeats . .. nobody would notice. Within a year, we'd get a sighting of Johnny on the street holding a "WILL ACT LIKE A DICK FOR FOOD" sign. And Puck would be pissed off that Johnny is on his turf.

Oh, cool. I've missed Road Rules. Actually, this almost looks like an old RW/RR Challenge season, before gladiator games became such a major focus.

And since I still watch new seasons of The Challenge, I'm happy to see Real World live on if it means fewer people showing up from that Are You The One I'm Supposed To Fuck To Get On TV? show.

Edited by Liqidclark

Is this one of the homeliest casts in Real World history?

Yes I think so! I thought maybe it was just the still shot but I watched the video and nope it wasn't just the still.

ETA it looks like a fun season though. I like the concept.

Edited by NikSac

Immediately, the first pick at #31 ticks me off.

Me too.  I think that who was picked for #31 and for #1 shows the progression of the series.  The person at the bottom of the list came from an era where the show was about different people living together and learning about each other in a strange city.  The person at the top of the list came from a season that was arguably the turning point when Real World became a show about people who get drunk, fight, and hook up on camera. 

• Love 3