Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

He probably had a cholesterol test once, and got confused.

I feel like John de Mol would have gotten more for his $50 million if he'd hired JustAllison as showrunner, and maybe me as her assistant along with In Pog Form. This show could have been an awesome and diverse collection of interesting and motivated people building a working communal life on the farm, mostly separated from the outside world and struggling with both physical and social technologies we all take for granted. We'd tune in for the struggle and drama, and share in an exploration of culture, economics, and different societies while still being highly entertaining.

Ah well. At least there's Netflix to fall back on- which they'll presumably have hooked up in the barn any day now. In a rustic and self-sufficient fashion...

• Love 7

Going back to the Hex thing for a bit: I couldn't watch the video with that article, but does she say in it that she's never hunted before? I just want to say that being a dental assistant doesn't preclude her from being a hunter. Hunting is a hobby, not a job, except for a few hunting guides.

As for "practicing", I would think even a seasoned hunter would want to sharpen their skills in that situation. There's a difference between hunting on the weekend, and if you get one that's great, and needing to take a deer to eat. Add in that hunting is the value she brings to the group, and I'm not surprised she practiced.

Anyway, I'm no fan of hers (or anyone's), and maybe she's a total poser, I don't know. I guess time will tell.

Going back to the Hex thing for a bit: I couldn't watch the video with that article, but does she say in it that she's never hunted before? I just want to say that being a dental assistant doesn't preclude her from being a hunter. Hunting is a hobby, not a job, except for a few hunting guides.

As for "practicing", I would think even a seasoned hunter would want to sharpen their skills in that situation. There's a difference between hunting on the weekend, and if you get one that's great, and needing to take a deer to eat. Add in that hunting is the value she brings to the group, and I'm not surprised she practiced.

If you only started 'hunting' a few months ago, where would you practice hunting deer and like animals when hunting season doesn't start until after the show begins?  Unless she hunted a year ago, she would have no experience with this at all. Right?  I guess we'll see what happens but personally I'm not buying her huntress persona. 

I think the story is that she has hunted before, but with a gun.  Bow hunting is what she's never done before. 

I just want to say that being a dental assistant doesn't preclude her from being a hunter. Hunting is a hobby, not a job,

Absolutely, I agree. The issue I have is the references to her as 'huntress', which seems a stretch at the very least.

Also, I would think in a new society, a dental assistant would actually have some value to add to the group.

The whole concept of needing a 'huntress' at all is silly, anyway, as they order their groceries by phone.

I will happily stand corrected when I see Hex hunting. So far, all I have seen is her missing targets on bullseyes, and disappearing from feeds. 

Ah well. At least there's Netflix to fall back on- which they'll presumably have hooked up in the barn any day now. In a rustic and self-sufficient fashion...

I am really, really surprised they haven't ordered a television. Perhaps the show has some limits to their indulgences?

• Love 1

9/12/2014     Friday

Note: When asked who will be replacing Jonathon, producer said the replacement will probably arrive next week.

6:30 AM
Taylor and Red are eating breakfast and talking.  Red's filling Taylor in on how things are (in his mind) in Utopia.  A lot of it is complaining and retooling the situation to make everyone else look bad.  He has some things to say about Aaron and are right on the money.  Aaron's tiny portion sizes, adds too much spice, doesn't get up and cook breakfast early enough...

Nikkie comes over and starts burning sage around all of them to 'cleanse' them.  How very New Age.  She then leaves to do her morning yoga routine and Red and Taylor discuss a better way to water the garden.

Red and Taylor gather all the hoses and fit them together to get water directly to the garden without hauling buckets of water.  Amazing that it took this long for someone to think of that.  Bella's trying to make friends with some does and their fawns.  She's worried that they need water, ignoring the pond that is right nearby.  She comes down long enough to thank them for the help and then walks back and forth in the distance. 

Hex and Kristen are doing the milking, but it's difficult because they haven't rigged up a feeder so the cow can eat while being milked.  Josh is supposed to build one later today.  I hope he finds the time to do it, because a cow who's being milked is much more cooperative if she has something to do while it's happening.  I suspect that it might also relax the cow enough to make the milking easier, but that's just a thought I'm too lazy to Google and check out.

At 8 AM, the hardware store delivers more hoses, a circular saw, and the counter top.  Josh shows up and pays for the delivery.  He has to talk Red out of sending back the hoses because Rex wants to gather, hook up, and dismantle the long hose every time the garden needs watering.  Josh says it's better to have one long hose for the garden and enough other hoses for everything else they use them for.

Soon, almost everyone is up and moving around in the people barn.  Everyone but Bri and Chris.  Aaron is actually up and starting breakfast.

Hex and Taylor are working cleaning out the animal barn.

Bella's doing naked yoga.

Mike's doing the dishes again because last night Bri was supposed to do it and didn't.

It's 8:30 and everyone is up except Bri and Chris.  The others keep telling each other to be quiet so as not to wake the sleepyheads.  I don't understand why they're letting them sleep when they just lay around all day.

Red's filling up the water trough for the cows in the pasture. Then he helps Hex around in the animal barn.

Breakfast is ready and Bri and Chris get up so they don't miss it.  Still no chairs in the people barn, so they all go outside by the fire pit.

Aaron has finally figured out about Bri and Chris stealing eggs!  Bella told him a day or two ago that someone was stealing eggs and he seemed to shrug off the information.  But last night he asked Hex to check the hens and she reported that there were 6 eggs, this morning there were 5, and Bri's and Chris's dirty dishes were left out at the fire pit.  Aaron told them off in front of the whole group.  Bri's trying to say that they didn't do it.

Hex and Bri are discussing the upcoming vet visit and saying they should ask lots of questions while the vet is here.  I hope that someone is with them and takes notes because Bri will lie about anything she is told to do because she doesn't want to work.

After breakfast, Bella and Nikkie work in the garden.  Bella really doesn't like the idea of letting the chickens out to forage because she's worried that they'll be dropping their eggs all over the place.  She really has no clue about chickens only laying their eggs in their nesting boxes.

Kristen is doing laundry.  Dede is washing the breakfast dishes.  Rob and Josh are measuring the counter tops.  Josh is planning to make a U-shaped counter.  Sounds efficient.

Bella and Taylor in the garden area working on a chicken coop so the chickens to forage in the garden.  Bella's giggling and flirting with Taylor, and he's muttering under his breath about wondering why he agreed to help with this crap.

Bella tells Taylor that she's in Utopia waiting for the aliens to join them.  Taylor, that feeling you're getting right now is the sick feeling one gets when one discovers they're in the presence of a certifiable loon and you're alone with them!  Taylor suddenly remembers he's supposed to be helping someone else and books it.

Bri, Chris and Taylor are talking down at the cow barn.  Bri's is talking about cleaning out the chicken's water.  I wonder if she'll do it or delegate it to someone else.

Kristen comes out of the Transmitter Room (where Production lives) and says that they want to talk to Bri.  Bri makes a crack about being called to the principal's office and goes in. 

BTW, the Transmitter Room door is located inside the animal barn.  Production is close by, folks.  Guess that's how they got Security out there so fast on the first night when Dave tried to put Josh in a choke hold.

In just a few minutes, Bri is back and asks Chris what he wants to do today.  She says that she has planned to do nothing and just have a lazy day.  (Is there any other kind of day she has anymore?)  Bri also tells Chris that she was told by Production that they weren't to attempt to hide from the camera's again. 

Apparently, last night they removed their mics and went into a deeply bushed (tee hee) area for sex, and in the process they accidently left the compound.  Why can't those two just hide under some blankets in a dark spot like Mike and Dede do?

Josh and Rob are still working on the kitchen counter.

Taylor has returned to the garden just to have Bella tell him that she thinks that aliens are being drawn to her because of her circular gardens.  She then says she's probably been sending them signals without being aware of it.  She also confides that she hasn't spoken to her brother in 13 years over some family drama, but she's hoping he sees her on the show and wants to reconnect with her.

Around 2 PM, Nikki, Amanda and Red are talking inside the people barn. Red's telling a story about how he was once in a gun fight, and this is why it's good that Kentucky has an open carry law.

Hex and Taylor talking in the hammock.  Being very flirty.  Hex says she's not going to go all the way, not here with all the cameras, but kissing and cuddling is OK.  She also says she doesn't want to behave like Bri and Chris.

First yoga class starts in 90 minutes, so most of the group takes a refreshing dip in the pond.

Bri and Chris are at it again - in the LQ (living quarters = people barn).  These two have no shame.

Red and Nikkie are talking.  He really wants Bri out.  Nikkie's worried that when it comes time to nominate someone to leave people will get their feelings hurt.

There may be trouble for the Hex/Taylor lovefest.  They were talking and Taylor told Hex how he admired that she was a strong woman, a warrior even.  Hex replied "Like Helen of Troy?".  A couple of minutes Taylor accidentally called Hex 'Helen'.  She seemed to be upset, then claimed she was just teasing him by pretending to be upset, and I don't know which it was. 

She later went to Rob and told him what happened and he joked "in his defense, you're not really that memorable".  Those two are so funny together.  They can both give it out and take it, too.

Wow.  Yoga class was a bust.  Only one person showed up.  Everyone's dreams of making $1000 a day are drying up and dying like a chicken.

And they couldn't even get one lone person to attend Dave's Bootcamp.

Everyone, meet Ben, the lone yoga student of the day.  He gets a private yoga lesson with Nikkie and then he gets to tour the compound. 

Ben seemed to enjoy his time there, but it was kind of embarrassing at the end.  Several Utopians asked him to return and then suggested gifts they'd like him to bring.  Seriously, the guy paid you all $40 for 2.5 hours of your time and you start asking for gifts?

Mike wants to play a prank on Bella by writing her an anonymous letter claiming that he has a secret crush on her.

Aaron's complaining to Kristen about Dede.  He hates that she gets naked and says she tries to join conversations that she's not invited into.  Kristen is agreeing with him, because that's what Kristen does.

Bri is starting to talk about cancelling the vet visit.  I think she's worried about what will come out.  People might start to realize she's worthless.

Aaron BBQ'd the steaks and let them sit for half an hour before he'd let people eat because he didn't prepare the side dish ahead of time.  He sucks.

They're having a business meeting, discussing how their first business venture went.

Bri telling about how much the vet will cost so she can get support for cancelling the 8:00 am vet appointment.  For someone who can't remember animal care instructions she can suddenly remember all the prices of all the things the vet might want to do that add to the basic fee.

Since she can't cancel until Monday morning, I wonder if they plan to not let the vet in when she shows up because I can't see Bri getting up early enough to cancel the appointment.

It's 10 PM and Chris, Bri, and Nikkie go to the barn to lock up the animals for the night.  Chris is upset at how messy the barn is.  He says it's too much work for Bri, but anyone watching knows that Bri is seldom there, and when she is she does the minimum amount of work possible. 

Even now she can't climb the ladder to the loft to collect a few flakes of hay to throw down into the feed tub.  She has Nikkie do that.  Then she holds the gate while Chris and Nikkie shoo the cows in.  Bri sucks.

After they leave, Hex and Taylor go to the barn to check things over.  I don't think they think Bri is doing a good job.  Amanda, Nikkie, and Josh have also been talking about the animal situation.  Things might be taking a turn for the better for the cows and chickens. 

Red shows up and hears Josh say that he would trust the vet over Bri because the vet has a degree and Bri only has a year of community college and worked for a year for a vet that specializes in dogs and cats.  Red takes umbrage over that and starts in, saying that having a license isn't important no matter what the job, practical experience trumps that.  Then he accuses Josh of thinking the Josh is better than Red. <sigh>  The animals are forgotten as Josh and Red argue about who has done more work around Utopia.  Hint: it's Josh.

Things wind down.  Rob, Taylor, and Nikkie take turns hitting the homemade ball with a stick.  People chit chat.  Eventually they're all in bed, so far as I can tell. 

Mike and Dede are in bed and he tells her about some woman he dated in the past who just recently showed up and they went out and she freaked out and seemed to think he was going to rape her.  He freaked out and then realized that she was wackadoodle and he was stuck with her for the night because they were in his house outside the city and for some reason he couldn't get rid of her until morning when the trains ran again. 

I couldn't get the whole thing because Fox has now started running these annoying commercials every 2 or 3 minutes on the free feeds, and I kept getting bored and wandering off.  Anyway, the story ended with them both calming down and the woman acting like nothing was wrong while he was worried she'd flip out again and kill him in his sleep.  He was very relieved when she happily let him drive her to the train station the next morning.

Just another day in Utopia.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 11

Bella tells Taylor that she's in Utopia waiting for the aliens to join them.  Taylor, that feeling you're getting right now is the sick feeling one gets when one discovers they're in the presence of a certifiable loon and you're alone with them!  Taylor suddenly remembers he's supposed to be helping someone else and books it.

Ha, THAT is hilarious! 

Glad to hear that perhaps the animals will be better taken care of. I really hope that they show the vet visit and that more of the Myopian's are there to listen and start to realize what they are not doing and the harm it is causing. I think that you are correct that Bri should be worried that she will be voted out. You haven't written about Amanda at all, are they not showing her? Are we missing something regarding her? Is she still there? Did I miss something?  Did Bella's aliens see her round tummy and abduct her? I remember thinking briefly, during my animal rage that I don't think that you mentioned her very much in your previous recap either. Thanks for the recaps Zahdii! 

• Love 1

Ha, THAT is hilarious! 

Glad to hear that perhaps the animals will be better taken care of. I really hope that they show the vet visit and that more of the Myopian's are there to listen and start to realize what they are not doing and the harm it is causing. I think that you are correct that Bri should be worried that she will be voted out. You haven't written about Amanda at all, are they not showing her? Are we missing something regarding her? Is she still there? Did I miss something?  Did Bella's aliens see her round tummy and abduct her? I remember thinking briefly, during my animal rage that I don't think that you mentioned her very much in your previous recap either. Thanks for the recaps Zahdii! 

Amanda's not mentioned much because she doesn't do much.  She wanders around and talks to people, she gossips about people behind their backs, but she doesn't work.

As for the animal situation, one of the producers tweeted something today interesting.  "It would be interesting if the Vet made a surprise visit to #Utopia this afternoon..."

I don't know if he was trying to keep people watching the feeds, or if the surprise visit is actually going to happen, or it was just a douchey comment to all the people who are complaining about the animals.

One thing is, several of the others are stepping up and taking over, getting stuff done, but Bri is still nowhere in the mix.  My guess is that she's thinking she's going to cancel the vet visit on Monday and she can just focus on Chris some more.  IMO she's a child, really.  Very shallow.  If she has her way the vet won't be called until after the calf is born and she's advocating selling that as soon as possible so they won't have to pay for inoculations and stuff.

We have to stay tuned to see what's going to happen, I guess.  I have no inside information on what's going on.

• Love 2
Soon, almost everyone is up and moving around in the people barn.  Everyone but Bri and Chris.  Aaron is actually up and starting breakfast.

Hex and Taylor are working cleaning out the animal barn.

I love "people barn" vs "animal barn". 

And since I haven't had a chance to say it yet, let me add my sincere thanks to everyone else's to Zahdii for the recaps of the live feed.   So much better than the actual show!

:)  

• Love 3

Show started out with a pretty even distribution of crazy between the boys and girls, but it seems as if the girls have taken the lead.  Hex is the only female that might not be off the rails or completely useless, but it seems like she was cast to be Sheena (or at least has the physique to be Sheena even though that seems to be as far as it goes).

I would pay to see aliens come and visit (and hopefully, abduct) Bella.  So if there are any out there monitoring TV show forums on the internet, and I am sure there are tons cause what else do aliens have to do in the universe otherwise, please "make it so."  I will pay you via my agent Red with a thousand hemp bracelets or hip bracers.  Your choice.  (Though you may not have wrists or hips).

I got to say the only person that retained my respect in this Dysfunctiontopia was Jonathan.  He stayed true to his principles, remained friendly to all, worked hard and is undoubtedly at this very moment thanking again his version of God for injuring his thumb enough to get him out of there alive.

Edited by green
  • Love 8

As for the animal situation, one of the producers tweeted something today interesting.  "It would be interesting if the Vet made a surprise visit to #Utopia this afternoon..."

I don't know if he was trying to keep people watching the feeds, or if the surprise visit is actually going to happen, or it was just a douchey comment to all the people who are complaining about the animals.

Thanks for that info.  I guess I will have to break down and get me on that Twitter thing. I really have avoided all that stuff, but if that is what it takes, then so be it. If that is the way to poke at production directly, then I am willing to make myself the biggest boil on the butt of a raging asshole to get them understanding that people ARE watching what is happening to the animals. I will be a Twit in the Tweets of life. 

In regard to Bella, it would be AWESOME to have the guy (Georgio? I think) with the wild hair from Ancient Aliens visit Bella and speak to her about her "garden circles".  I would pay serious money for that. I love all of the Ancient Aliens people. 

• Love 1

Right now, most of the tweets about the live feed are about Red killing a deer.   Seems to be some question of whether he let the animal die slowly over the course of an hour.  I really hope that's wrong, and that it's just a case of nobody being able to understand Red because the live feeds don't have captioning.

Head's up!  The vet is supposed to make a 'surprise' visit very soon!  Although it seems that somehow the word has spread what's going on. 

Meanwhile, Red is spinning his bagging a tiny little doe is the best thing for the deer, because she was A BULLY and needed to be taken out!

• Love 2

Meanwhile, Red is spinning his bagging a tiny little doe is the best thing for the deer, because she was A BULLY and needed to be taken out!

Oh, my! That's really kind of . . . horrible. But I must admit that I laughed my ass off. LOL!!! Who knew Red was some sort of animal vigilante? Standing up for the downtrodden! Taking out "mean" animals to make life better for all. Why, he's actually a humanitarian! I hope he never meets a groundhog in Utopia. Now, those things are MEAN.

• Love 1

You know, we haven't really talked about this too much but... the show is *hemorhagging* people like I've never, ever seen.  The broadcasts haven't caught up so I think we can only talk about it in the feed thread, but their original plan was 15 people, then one month in we'd get two new pople to be voted on, repeating this every month.

Instead, they lost 1 person before the show started, and now two in the first week and a half- all of whom were, after a fashion, voluntary exists (Pastor Jon was apparently thrilled to leave).  That's three out of fifteen people gone; they've lost 20% of their cast to walk outs in under two weeks, and almost lost Hex on day 2 with her wicked hangover.   And this isn't some voting competition show like AI or The Voice where it's standard to drop 2 or 4 people a week when the "live shows" start.  None of these people were supposed to leave at all- at least until a month had gone by.

I'm having a hard time keeping track, but I guess while we were supposed to have the original 15 through September, instead we've seen:

• Andrea (never made the show) replaced by Kristen (with Rhonda as a candidate)
  • Dave replaced by Taylor
  • Pastor Jon replaced by no one (TBD).

That's actually kind of hilarious... by the time the first month mark comes around- if the show makes it that far, even by the ratings leveling off at "minimal"- I wouldn't be surprised if half the original cast has left or been booted. 

And that personality transfusion might be the only thing that can save this gloriously ill-conceived train wreck...

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 4

I wonder if the sudden interest in the animals and calling the vet has anything to do with the uproar outside Myopia regarding their situation. [...] Was Josh always intending to build a feeder for the cows or is this something new?  Like someone suddenly mentioned it to him (production) due to the outside complaints.

I'm awfully suspect of this unexpected veterinary visit.  After learning the production crew is sitting inside the compound in a hidden office to the rear of living quarters (not even beyond the gates...can you believe that?!) it has now become abundantly clear that this show is an absolute farce. The amount of producer driven manipulation is unreal and rivals any other "reality" show out there. The viewers were fed absolute lies about no interference from the get go.

We knew this could never be a truly self-governing utopia because the contestants are still bound by CA state and federal US laws but with all the coming and going, interaction with the outside world and now unlimited gas/electricity... well, this really is little more than "Outdoor Big Brother." 

I hope FOX takes a massive financial hit with this mess. They deserve it.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

Someone on Twitter called out the producer who promised a vet visit between 1-3 PM.

The producer (Jon Kroll) replied:
Why don't you try trashing people when they actuall don't deliver?  Kind of a dick move to say i  "decieved" people.  Day not over."

Well, this sucks.  I pushed back my plans to see the vet visit and see Bri get her ass handed to her and now we're being told to wait?  I can't put things off any longer and I have to go do real life things.

I hope that if the vet actually visits someone tapes it and puts in on YouTube.

• Love 3

The producer (Jon Kroll) replied:

Why don't you try trashing people when they actuall don't deliver?  Kind of a dick move to say i  "decieved" people.  Day not over."

Wow, what an asshole. Why don't these people learn something about PR before they are given responsibility for a Twitter account that acts as the public face of the company? So many people seem clueless about social media and think they can just say anything with no consequences.

• Love 2

The vets are there now.  They've made Bri show them how she milks the cows, and then they said she hasn't been doing it right.  Also that the water levels in the troughs were too low?  I guess Bri said something to the effect that taking care of the water takes a long time.

I hope this stuff makes it onto the show.

• Love 1

Kroll says the vet is there - caught in traffic so ETA changed to 7.  Says the pioneers will have some 'splaining to do'.  However my feed cut out and all I'm getting is 'no connection available with Utopia - check your connection, etc.

I'm guessing that's no coincidence. Either production directly intervenes by calling the participants into the back office, or they temporarily suspend the live feed to do their dirty dealings. I really hope the few viewers this show has left call out de Mol for his surreptiousness. You cannot claim to provide full transparency and then pull this shit.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 2

I can't believe they are asking about getting a bull. They can't take care of the animals they have now and they want to add more. Luckily the vet advised them not to, and then the dumbass tells the vet they wanted to bullfight omg. MORONS

• Love 3

I'm curious who all was present with the vet (independent of whether the whole cast, with the cameras off, were given a "come to Jesus" moment).  Like, did enough people listen in on the vet that there's no way they can claim to be ignorant or forgetful?

Honestly, I feel it's fair to cut production some slack; it's a sad situation, and Kroll could have been smoother from a PR perspective... but they *have* taken direct and meaningful action after a few days of the cast proving they couldn't be trusted and weren't changing or improving their care of the animals.  The truth is, a show this size has so much going on, and there's an understandable tendency to be hands-off for anything short of an immediate emergency such as violent assault or a physical injury needing prompt medical attention (such as Pastor Ron's thumb, or Hex puking her guts out all morning). After all, elsewhere we have criticized them for being fairly hands-on.

In that space, the team that probably works in shifts to man the cameras, to watch and note key events/interactions for the editors to condense to a summary show twice a week, are not trained farm folk or 4H participants.  It's completely realistic and forgiveable to me to imagine that they would just not notice the animals getting neglected out of all the other chaos they are watching and documenting.  The average person who'd be paid to watch those cameras wouldn't necessarily know anything was wrong; I certainly wouldn't without you folks letting on what they were doing wrong, or related quotes from the vet and farmer visits that there were actual problems.  For all we know, at the same time we were raising a ruckus, Production was already taking steps after the vet visit to resolve the issue.

From what I'm reading here the past couple of days, some concerned viewers reached out to Production, and within a day or so they have taken steps to get the vet back out in a way Bri couldn't sabotage, and hopefully spread some critical knowledge to the collected Myopians.  Even the other members of the cast who live and "work" right there were only just starting to figure it out themselves, and weren't thrilled at Bri, either. While I hope this issue at least gets some mention on air, for educational reasons, in the end I'm just happy if they've addressed the issue and the other cast members realize that there is work to be done.

Fingers crossed, we won't have to deal with the barn animals wallowing in their own filth or going hungry any more, and can get back to the other animals wallowing in their own filth and going hungry. :)

• Love 6

That's great news, andyourlittledog2; like I said, they've done an admirable job responding once it was in their sights, and hopefully having the communal chat in the "people barn" will ensure that even if Bri and her enabler Chris still slack, the rest of the Myopians won't drop the ball; steady supplies of eggs and milk are vital to these people getting easy, useful calories every day.

• Love 1
feel it's fair to cut production some slack; it's a sad situation, and Kroll could have been smoother from a PR perspective... but they *have* taken direct and meaningful action after a few days of the cast proving they couldn't be trusted and weren't changing or improving their care of the animals.

You're a lot kinder than I am.  I'm so furious and sad right now over that vet visit.  The most basic things weren't being done right.  The vets had to tell these people that they needed to clean the place up to get rid of the flies.  They had to tell them that underweight chickens will gain weight if you give them food.  They found broken glass in the chicken coop.  The chickens have feather lice.  Bri wasn't milking the cows correctly.  It goes on and on.  

And Bri is a joke.  She really doesn't want to do a lick of work, and she sounds like she knows less about farm animals than I do and I've never been on a farm in my life.  The vets told her that the calf when it's born would need to be bottle fed for a month, and Bri asked if it couldn't just suckle instead. (Answer: No.)  They mentioned the cows not eating enough, and Bri said they were waiting for a feeder, but the vets told her to just use a bag on a pole for now.  (No expert, me, but isn't that like telling people they can't have food because you don't have plates?)  She actually had to ask the vets how you can tell if a chicken is healthy.   She thought a cow had two stomachs, and the vet had to tell her that they have one stomach with four chambers.  She was using the wrong kind of oil in the udder balm and it could have hurt the cows.  There was something in there about having to use iodine each day, and she wasn't doing that.  They said the cows weren't getting enough water, so Bri wants to get an automatic water machine or something.  (They said no, it's too expensive.)  They pointed out that the dead chicken should have been sent to them because they should test it to see if it had anything that could infect the other chickens, but I guess Bri didn't think of that.  

Honestly, I'm so angry right now.  At the production team, at Bri, at the utopians, even at the vets because they said they've been watching every day (oh, and that came as a surprise to Bri).  I don't know why they didn't step in sooner.  I get the whole bit with non-interference, but these animals were suffering.  

• Love 6

@Wildgypsie, they sort of did, but they were nice and circumspect about it.  They did tell her they felt she didn't have a lot of experience, and that they thought Bella had some knowledge about animals.  But they also said Bella shouldn't have given the chickens citrus, so IDK.

Oh, and apparently they were going to be coming out on Monday anyway, but Bri was trying to cancel that appointment.  They came out today because they saw things that concerned them, but they're still going to come out on Monday.  So they know there's a problem with Bri, but they seem like they're trying to be nice - at least on the live feed - and not call her an outright idiot.

• Love 4

@Wildgypsie, they sort of did, but they were nice and circumspect about it.  They did tell her they felt she didn't have a lot of experience, and that they thought Bella had some knowledge about animals.  But they also said Bella shouldn't have given the chickens citrus, so IDK.

Oh, and apparently they were going to be coming out on Monday anyway, but Bri was trying to cancel that appointment.  They came out today because they saw things that concerned them, but they're still going to come out on Monday.  So they know there's a problem with Bri, but they seem like they're trying to be nice - at least on the live feed - and not call her an outright idiot.

Like you said it is very upsetting watching these animals going through this. They are adults and it's common sense in doing certain things. I'm no animal expert but I do know that things need to be kept clean for the animals, just like I want everything to be clean when I eat.

• Love 2

I don't know why they didn't step in sooner.  I get the whole bit with non-interference, but these animals were suffering.

Here's where I am confused ElleryAnne, while they may have claimed in the initial ads to have "non-interference", what we have actually seen is enormous interference from the get go.

They set it up to be Big Brother Outdoors (BBO) which is controlled by production, and they were involved from day one.

With respect hincandenza, a professional production would have their ducks in a row.  While all the 'people' chaos and set design and rush to air trauma was going on, they should have had an animal wrangler - someone responsible for the health of the animals prior to filming.  No chicken should have died of 'starvation', unless of course it was a disease...production is responsible for that.  Good management is good management whether in business or "reality tv".  It's not all that hard.

The suggestion that the inmates, contestants, actors, whatever, should have been given detailed instructions/actual training regarding the animals was spot on in my opinion. 

The cast has a couple of complete looney tunes - Red and Bella I'm looking at you - they have some 'actor' types and they have some flat out fame whores.  There are one or two reasonably responsible people.  I remember reading someone's analysis of Josh - that he thought to get screen time by being something or other, but it backfired when he got drunker than drunk.  He then cleaned up his act and is probably being the most real person there.

Production, showrunner, FOX, et.al., set up a potentially interesting idea in a stupid way.  So many great ideas to make the show great have been posted here, I question the salaries and profit of all the idiots involved who seemingly couldn't come up with a great show and couldn't figure out how to protect the defenseless animals among them - probably one of the easiest tasks they could have had.

I also condemn then for casting Dave.  I believe he is bright and I believe he really wants to change his life and get out of his environment.  Dave needs significant help, not casting on this pathetic show and I sincerely hope someone will help him....once again, I blame production.

• Love 6

So they know there's a problem with Bri, but they seem like they're trying to be nice - at least on the live feed - and not call her an outright idiot.

She's been fucking a guy she just met in the hayloft and on camera, the idiot bridge has been crossed long ago.

Sorry to be crude, it's not really my style.  But this girl came on the show stating a love for animals, and the belief that they should be treated as well as humans.  That all went out the window when she started getting busy.  She is cold and callous, and the fact that she lies about the animal care and attempted to cancel the vet appointment, shows she has absolutely no interest in keeping the animals alive.  That shows a lack of empathy for animals that is shocking in someone pursuing veterinarian medicine.  She's the type that will end up torturing animals in research labs.  I want her gone.

• Love 9
Here's where I am confused ElleryAnne, while they may have claimed in the initial ads to have "non-interference", what we have actually seen is enormous interference from the get go.

I agree.  And I don't understand why, if the vets have been watching every day, they didn't intervene sooner.  If ordinary viewers realized something bad was happening concerning the lack of care for the animals, then the vets - who are professionals being paid by the show to keep an eye on the situation - should have noticed at least as soon as viewers.  Even sooner, I'd think, because they should know what to watch for.  Yet things got as far as they did.  I don't understand it.  

• Love 7

And I don't understand why, if the vets have been watching every day, they didn't intervene sooner.  If ordinary viewers realized something bad was happening concerning the lack of care for the animals, then the vets - who are professionals being paid by the show to keep an eye on the situation - should have noticed at least as soon as viewers.  Even sooner, I'd think, because they should know what to watch for.  Yet things got as far as they did.  I don't understand it.

I do think that some of their inaction is due to that fact that they ARE employees.  They may have been told they would be scheduled to visit?  Who know's.

In any business there is a career ladder and maybe these guys are trying to get on a career path - it all gets seductive.  I am not excusing them by the way, something has been very wrong from the beginning regarding the animal care. 

I still blame production for this enormous failure.  Yes I blame the vets as well, but don't know their circumstances, so will wait before conclusion.  Regardless, I would not want to be a vet on this show and have my name and face associated with it.  A career ender I bet.

• Love 1
I do think that some of their inaction is due to that fact that they ARE employees.

I suppose so.  And I realize most of the blame doesn't belong on the vets.  I know they take an oath like doctors do and should be making decisions based on what's in the animals' welfare and I'm sure they are.  I'll probably be less harsh tomorrow after I get the visit on the live feed out of my head.  

But I doubt I'll feel any better about production, because I keep thinking they let the animals suffer because they thought there was a better story in whether Bri got busywith Chris than whether Bri made sure the animals weren't dehydrated, starving or in pain.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 3

And Bri is a joke.

I am just going to throw this out there.

Bri is 20 years old. She helps in a vet's office with family pets. Nothing in that description suggests she would be interested in spending all her time on a television show taking care of farm animals. Nothing even suggests she could.

Bri is the 'vet' like Hex is the 'hunter'.

She is also the youngest one there, is she not? I am confused as to why all the blame, and the vitrol, is aimed squarely at Bri. 

There are plenty of adults there, with much more insight and life experience, who could have stepped up and taken over the reigns if the animal care was lacking.

I am not willing to crucify a young woman who likes animals, and I believe her when she says that, because she didn't play a fake farm vet on tv to my satisfaction.

Honestly, if the animals are suffering, your issues should be with the show's producers.

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 7

I think that you make a good point JustAllison. I guess this Kroll guy has not liked the tweets that he got from viewers either and is feeling a bit attacked. For that, I do not care. As the show runner that means you have a lot of responsibility. There are specific rules regarding the use of animals in TV production. Basically, do the right thing, or it's your ass. For myself, THAT is almost less forgivable than the participants playing roles. i think that you are also correct, regarding where are the "other" castmates? We have a lawyer, a carpenter, a behavioral therapist, who all are older and have more life experience, where are they in this?   Overall, I am just happy to hear that the vets have been visiting and are telling them straight up what to do. 

I am confused as to why all the blame, and the vitrol, is aimed squarely at Bri.

I don't blame only her. I blame the production crew, mainly.   But Bri is the veterinary equivalent of the kind of babysitter that screws her boyfriend on the couch while an infant is upstairs in a crib crying and needing to be changed and fed.   I don't know whether she likes animals or not, really.  I don't see it in her, but maybe she just loves puppies, who knows.  But if she didn't want to be the one responsible for the animals - or if she needed more help - then she should have said so.  I know she's 20, but 20 isn't 5.  Yeah, the others have a role in it for not having stepped in, too.  But I got the impression during that visit that Josh and Hex didn't realize how much Bri wasn't doing right, because they at least were asking the vets questions and seemed legitimately interested in knowing what to do for the animals in a way that Bri didn't demonstrate even while talking with the vets.  

because she didn't play a fake farm vet on tv to my satisfaction

I guess my problem with her is that she chose to play a 'fake farm vet' on television.  The animals didn't choose to play underfed chickens and cows on TV.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 10

I am just going to throw this out there.

Bri is 20 years old. She helps in a vet's office with family pets. Nothing in that description suggests she would be interested in spending all her time on a television show taking care of farm animals. Nothing even suggests she could.

Bri is the 'vet' like Hex is the 'hunter'.

She is also the youngest one there, is she not? I am confused as to why all the blame, and the vitrol, is aimed squarely at Bri.

There are plenty of adults there, with much more insight and life experience, who could have stepped up and taken over the reigns if the animal care was lacking.

I am not willing to crucify a young woman who likes animals, and I beilieve her when she says that, because she didn't play a fake farm vet on tv to my satisfaction.

Honestly, if the animals are suffering, your issues should be with the show's producers.

Right. I said something similar in the animal thread. Bri is not a veterinarian in training, she's someone who has worked in a veterinarian office. She applied to be on a show, to create a new society. I don't think she had the expectation that she would be held responsible for looking after farm animals. Granted, she is an airhead who is irresponsible. But she's also 20, and is used to being a kid who is told what to do, not someone who takes ownership of a job and is in charge of anything. I'm sure she was looking to the others to take charge.

Part of the problem on the show is that they haven't figured out the need a system of leadership and assigned tasks, not just people doing what they feel like.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

Bri sleeps, steals eggs and food, sits in Chris' lap, and has sex with Chris.  Oh, and does yoga.  The animals were interfering with her pursuit of those things. When the farmer came and told her what needed to be done she did not do it and she lied about what he said to the others. She doesn’t just benignly ignore the animals, she actively prevents others from knowing they need more care and helping them.  She is completely selfish and  willfully refusing to do what needs to be done on a task she has taken on. If she didn’t want to do it she could say so.

Last night she lied to the vets about what she is doing, tried to cancel the vet appointment for Monday, and complained that the vets were 'so negative', like they were so unfair and picking on her or something.  When told they needed more water, she wanted an automatic water filler instead of just adding more water manually. It's two cows!! Geez.  She complains about everything she's been told the cows need. She complained when told the calf would need hand bottle feeding the first month. She's just a lazy shiftless young woman whose only interest is in lazing about and getting laid.  I find her disgusting. If she hadn't lied about her knowledge of animals, lied about how she was caring for them, and then actively interfered with improving their care then then this wouldn’t be such a problem.. 

The fact that most of the other ‘pioneers’ are worthless too and spend their days doing yoga and talking and ‘resting’ doesn’t make Bri’s actions or lack of action any less culpable. Her specific task affects living animals. 

And twenty is plenty old enough to be a responsible human being. She’s not a kid.  She just acts like she’s thirteen.

ETA:  I got my feed back!  I changed browsers.  I hope that was it.

I completely agree with everything you said Andyourlittledog2.

Bri made a point to state in her very first introduction on the show that she loved animals and that they deserved to be treated as well as humans. Apparently that all went out the window when she started screwing Chris. Bri initially volunteered to care for the animals and in the first couple of days tried to show others how to milk the cows and other things.

I do not by any means think that the other Utopians and Production are completely inculpable here, but until this most recent Vet visit when the Vets stayed to have dinner with the entire group, most of the others weren't really aware of how bad things were and what needed to be done regarding the animals. Ignorance isn't a great excuse either, but Bri didn't really reach out to any of them and ask for help and explain what needed to be done and what Farmer Lefty had told her. This does work two ways and the others definitely could have offered to help more, but it seems like they wouldn't have been told what really needs to be done as she lied outright to Farmer Lefty and the Vets as to how she was caring for the animals that is the most deplorable thing. It's also sad that this Vet visit had to be kind of a surprise arranged by Production as she cares so little about the animals and is more worried about being called out on her own bullshit (and having to maybe screw Chris one less time a day to pitch in with the chores) that she was going to cancel the scheduled Vet visit for Monday.  If she had just been honest and asked for help I think she would be getting more support and would be looked upon in a better light by the viewers. Being 20 years old is no excuse either. At 20 I was a full time college student with a double major and worked close to 40 hours a week and I was disciplined and conscientious enough to succeed at both things - And I still managed to date/screw around/have relationships as well.

Of course Bri isn't the only one in Utopia not pulling their weight. All of these people have issues and none of them are exactly model human beings or someone I would want to spend five minutes with much less an entire year. This just reminds me more and more of some sort of hippy-esque free love commune where the majority of people seem to be more concerned about getting laid than about doing anything meaningful. Most of them seem to be pretty selfish and are just out to do what they feel is best for them and not trying to actually build an environment that can be successful and beneficial to them all, which is what I thought this whole "social experiment" was supposed to be about.

Josh started out as a complete asshat, but honestly I think now he's the hardest worker in there. They wouldn't have electricity or plumbing without him yet they still seem content to bash him to some extent behind his back. Red, Amanda, Kristen, Nikki and Dede have basically done nothing to contribute. I think it was pretty telling that just one outside person showed up for Nikki's yoga class - especially with all of the nudity and naked yoga that has gone on there. I would have thought that alone would have piqued more people's interest.  Red just bitches about not getting his way and his obsession over getting in his type of food, his food hoarding, and him constantly worrying about getting enough to eat is kind of disturbing. He has acted like he would starve to death if there weren't Oreos, Doritios, Ramen, etc. brought in just for him and to top it all off he was stupid enough to order a ton of hamburger patties and hotdogs before they even had a refrigerator. And don't even get me started on that crackpot Bella. Aaron at least tries to cook for the group fairly often, though he has his douchy moments as well. At least Rob seems to help out Josh a great deal so I think he is at least making an effort to contribute.

These people need to remember what they are here for and sit down and agree on a few basic guiding principles for Utopia and discuss what their goals and objectives are, prioritize them and figure out how best to meet them and who has the best skill sets to be assigned to each role or task. The money is nearly gone at this point, so they need to get their shit together and Production better not bail them out financially unless it is to provide care for the animals.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

9/13/2014    Saturday

Just after 5 AM, Red gets up, pours something to drink and is getting ready to go hunting.  Hex had asked him to get her up so she could cook him breakfast like he did for her, but he hasn't done it.  Must be the type who likes some alone time in the morning.  Preparations done, he leaves.

By 6:30, Taylor is up watering the garden.  Soon Aaron, Hex, and Kristen get up.

Hex and Taylor fed the cows and chickens and start cleaning out the animal barn.  Aaron and Kristen start setting up for Aarons Bootcamp session. 

Hex shares a story about how she locked herself in the chicken coop one day and had to call out for help.  Taylor says "At least you had something to eat in here if you had to."  Then Taylor tells the chickens "I'm just kidding!"

Hex teaches Taylor how to milk cows.

By 8:30 it's official.  Aaron's boot camp got one guy to attend.  Everyone, meet Eric.  He's an avid feedster and he's driven from N. California to attend.  He's psyched.  The Bootcamp experience starts, and joining Eric are Chris, Josh, Kristen, and Mike.  Mike had to go get Chris twice before he could get Chris out of bed, but the group decided last night that these four would take part today.  Amanda, Nikkie, and Rob sit nearby and chat while watching.  Rob's dominating the conversation, talking about his past, his experiences in the Marines, and his politics.  He's pretty far on the right.

Bri's talking to Taylor, being flirty.  Trying to say that Bella is the egg stealer, not she and Chris.  She also says that they only order food once a week and only order personal items about every 10 days.  I know Taylor's watched the feeds so he must know she's lying, but he says nothing.  Orders from Production, maybe?

Aaron's idea of leading a Bootcamp experience is to sit on a log and shout orders.  It's already getting pretty hot, but snippets of conversations from some of the other's suggest that medics are standing by.

By 10:20, Bootcamp is over and Eric chats with some of the Utopians.  Kristen gets him alone and starts talking smack about Bella.  Very professional, Kristen.

Bri is finally up and asking if the morning chores got done.  Yes, Bri, Hex and Taylor did them.  Hex does all of Bri's morning chores because she finds it hard to get up at a decent hour.

It's 10:30 and Amanda says it's time for Eric to go.  She just told him he has two minutes to get out because they have things they need to discuss.

Yes, Eric stayed over his two hour visit, and Amanda may have been told by Production to start walking him to the gate but I don't think anyone wanted her to treat a paying guest so rudely.  These people really need a course in customer relations.

They have a meeting about more ways to make money.  Rob wants to sell bottled water to the guests and Bella flips out.  Bottled water is poison!  You'll kill the guests!  It's obvious now that the meeting is over because once Bella starts in there's no stopping her.  Hex says "Hey, we can worry about that stuff later.  Let's go swimming!"  Bella does not take kindly to being interrupted mid-rant and starts up with Hex for being disrespectful.  Aaron tries to shut it down and is ignored.  Bella stomps off while telling Hex she's just a little girl and to just go swimming.

Group swim.  A couple of them are naked.  Aaron fumes to Amanda that he can't go near the lake during the swim sessions because of the nudity.  Amanda is agreeing with him.  He's such an ass.  He chastised Hex so thoroughly a few days ago that now she even puts her bra on under her shirt.  Now he's moved on to his hatred of Bella.  He'd like smack her around.  Amanda laughs.

12:38 PM - Red walks dramatically through the Utopia gates with a freshly killed deer around his shoulders!

Bella goes to make sure the deer is really dead.  Since Red gutted it and bled it out in the field, I'd say the deer is definitely dead.  Bella wants to make sure though, because she's heard that hunters sometimes like to hang the deer up while they're still alive so they can torture them and make fun of them.  Yes, Bella said this.

Red tells Bella that he shot this doe because she has twins and he saw her kick one of them away when they wanted to nurse.  Mama deer is a bully, she must die.  (She might have just been trying to wean her babies, but...  I don't know.  Instead her babies get to witness their mother's death and without her care they might die unless they're old enough to make it on their own.  I don't know for sure about this, but that's where my mind went.)  Bella tries to hold it together and tells Red she understands why he shot this particular deer.  However, it's all too much for her and she goes to the waterfall to have the rest of her breakdown in peace.

Good thing she wasn't around when Red was telling someone that he "let the deer die peacefully.  It took her about an hour."  So much hate right now.

A couple of hours later Bella is walking in her garden and says that she feels really hot.  Is it because it's around 96 degrees out?  No, she feels hot because she's so connected to her plants and they're hot.

Around 2:30 Red discovers that the two bananas he put in the fridge got ate.  He's spoiling for a fight, and for some reason Dede jokingly suggests that maybe Josh ate them.  Actually, Bella was eating a banana this morning, so that might account for one of them.  Bri, tiny little thing that she is, is also always stealing food whenever she's alone (not to mention her and Chris's nightly raids of the chicken coops).  Aaron is another one who is always sneaking food.  They're all hungry, it could have been anyone, but Red hates Josh so Josh is the one Red has decided to blame.

Around 4:00, Hex has a conversation with Taylor.  She says that Chris is upset because Bri suggested that the Bri, Chris, Hex, and Taylor have a foursome.  Chris is deeply offended, and Hex wonders why Chris laid all this on her.  She wants to clear the air with Taylor.  She wants to keep things light with Taylor.  No sex, just be cuddle buddies.  She wants Taylor to know that she's not into 'owning' people, he's a free agent.  She also says that someone else was telling her that Nikkie had her eye on Taylor, and she's feeling like this is too much pressure.

Taylor says that whatever Hex wants is fine, no pressure.  They spend some quality time bashing Bri and Chris.

Not long after, Amanda and Josh have a discussion about the animal situation.  They agree that the animals aren't being cared for properly and they don't want the Monday morning vet visit to be cancelled.  They agree that when the vet visits everyone should be there to get a true reading of the situation. 

Amanda tells Josh that she's starting to get suspicious of Bri because she's only 20 and has already claimed to have gone to both vet school and culinary school, plus she said that she also has experience delivering babies.  Amanda says that Bri did too much partying during her single year at community college and refused to take the exam to become a vet because her friends told her they had to study for two whole days to take the test and it was hard!  Obviously, one doesn't become a vet with only a year at any college and only needing to study for two days for the test is just ludicrous.

Just after 5, Aaron and Bella have a fight over whether or not to keep the doors to the LQ open during the day or not.  It's a silly thing, but these people can't agree on anything and it spirals out of control.  It ends with Bella storming out while yelling for Aaron to f*** himself.

Bella's screaming that she can't take this anymore.  This whole experience is changing her in a way she doesn't like.  She says she should just quit.  She goes to the chicken coop and is sobbing into the intercom that leads to the Transmitter Room (where Production lives).  Feeds change.

Red's going around telling people that he struck some kind of deal with production.  Won't say what it was, but he's looking smug about it.  lol, a feedster actually tweeted Production to ask why Red's getting to make deals and the producer swore there's no deal, it's just Red being Red.

lol, the cams zeroed in on a jug with a condom on top of it.  It's Red's jug, he's making raisin wine.

Bella's back.  Looks like Production talked her down.  She says they told her to tell the group to stop asking visitors for handouts and stop talking about the gifts they want the viewing public to send.

The group is discussing the big garden that the guys planted.  Chris was supposed to water it and he hasn't watered it once.  They decide it's because he's too busy with Bri.

Bella's talking about how she wants Production to check their footage to see if the UFO has visited yet.  She's sure they're here, because she saw an alien just yesterday.  She's sure that there has to be footage of it.  Then she wonders if she was hallucinating because she hasn't been eating much.  Like lightening, someone tweeted the question to Production and the reply is hilarious:  @utopiangela Yes, but it was seized by the US Government.

Bri and Chris are talking smack on Dede for being polygamous.  Talking about how they'd never be so slutty!

Vet's here!  A nice little surprise for our intrepid Utopians.  First they have to meet with Production and get fitted for their mics.  Grab your popcorn, s**t's goin' down!

Now they're at the gate ringing the bell and everyone is surprised because they weren't expecting any more visitors today.

The first thing the vet says to the group is "We saw some things we were concerned about so we came early. We'd like to talk to everyone at once at some point" 

They go to the animal barn.  Josh, Hex, and Mike tag along.  Bri is talking so fast she's about to tie her tongue in a knot.  The vet is not impressed.  She says the cows are underfed.  They haven't been milked properly, they need to be milked until their udders are completely empty.  She also states that cleanliness is of the most importance.

Bri's lying about how much she feeds the cows and lying about how often their water trough is cleaned, lying about pretty much everything and the vet's not buying it.  The vet says they've been watching the feeds!  They must have pushed to come early when they heard that Bri was going to try to cancel the Monday morning appointment.

The vet's saying what needs to be done and Bri complains that it's haarrddd!  The vet says flat out that the care of the animals is more important than the humans comfort.  Smackdown!  Vet says that the cows need constant access to copious amounts of water and they're lucky the cows haven't died in the 100+ temps Utopia gets each day.  Vet's not happy with the quality of the oats.  Say's she knows they've recently been feeding them more, but they still need to up the amount of both hay and oats.

Bri whines that she has been doing all the work by herself.  Then Hex says "I'm morning shift.  She's the night shift."

The vet told Bri about how to handle the calf when it's born and Bri is obviously upset when she realizes how much additional work that is going to entail.

They move on to the chickens.  They're not being fed and watered correctly.  They need a schedule.  They need to be fed and watered at the same time each day.  If you let them out to forage you need to do it at the same time each day.  They have feather lice.  The vet finds broken glass in the pen.

Hex is apologizing for the poor animal care.  Bri is being muley, doesn't like what she's hearing and pretty much blaming anything wrong on someone else.  She feels she's the victim in this mess.

The vet and her assistant are invited to dinner.  Although Josh told Aaron when they first arrived to be prepared to feed them, Aaron is pissed at having to cook for extra people and isn't being shy about it. 

After a few minutes to let the group and guests tuck in, the conversation moves on to the care of poultry and livestock.

The whole gang is now hearing about what a clusterf*** they've made of everything.  The vet and her assistant take turns explaining just what needs to be done, how it needs to be done, and when it needs to be done.  The vet is also talking about how many of Bella's ideas for dealing with the chickens make sense and they should listen to Bella's ideas.  (Production probably told her to talk Bella up because she's thinking of quitting.  She's loony, I wouldn't want to live with her, but a lot of people online are entertained by her.)

Hex is taking notes.  Mike starts to question them on how much all this is going to cost and he's told it doesn't matter, it costs what it costs and you all have to make it happen.  Without numbers to work with, Mike loses interested and decides to just hold hands with Dede under the table.

Eventually the dinner/meeting breaks up and the vet says that they'll be visited again on Monday.

Before they leave, Hex asks them to check her notes to make sure she has everything right.

After the guests are gone, Bri's upset and defensive and Chris starts talking smack about the vet.  In his view, they were being overly harsh with Bri and if she'd had the help she needed this wouldn't have happened.  Amanda can't agree with him because she's been gossiping about Bri to Josh and he's right there.  Aaron doesn't care because he just doesn't care.  Red scurried away when the vet arrived, probably because he didn't want her to ask him any questions that might reveal how he doesn't know as much about livestock as he claims.  He grabbed his dinner after the vet left and then booked it out of there.  You get the picture, a lot of them have reasons to not get into this conversation, the rest don't care.

Later, Chris and Bri are doing the evening barn chores.  Bri is complaining about the vet and how she's being blamed for all of this.  They finish as fast as they can and go seek out a spot to have sex.

They're doing their thing and Bri is giggling and says that she's going to pee on him in mid-thrust.  Where did she get this stuff?  Chris sounds exasperated and finishes quickly.  Whatever.

Mike is telling Dede that having sex on camera might damage his career.  He wants to run for DA and this won't look good.  Too late for that Mike.

Hex and Taylor are in bed and he wants to cuddle.  She tells him that she shouldn't, because Josh told her it was too soon and she doesn't want to be another Bri and Chris thing.  Taylor says it's OK, and they go to sleep.

The day's finally over and we can all get some sleep!

• Love 14