Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Okay, now. . .whuuuuut?  People didn't vote for Mike because he's FUNNY??? 

Is he funny?  I thought he was just a scheming little dickwad.

Mike always said he didn't want to do any manual labor, that he wanted to "manage the government."  He was spectacularly successful with half of that, but I have him tied with Aaron for Most Vile, after Cal. 

I feel oddly deflated by Bri walking away.  Her family's wealthy, so she doesn't care about the money (and her tiny Bri-centric brain can't comprehend that Rob does.)  She became more subdued and toned down her animal abuser/psycho killer style after the first vote, so there's no way in hell she'll ever connect her unpopularity to any of that ancient history.  There will never be any successful self-examination for Bri or any flicker of self-awareness.  She won't ever try to change or get help because, why?

She'll probably just blame the over-50 pumpkin people for engineering this unfairness and call it a day. 

• Love 11

Bri will go market her Brichinos and continue to live in her own delusional world. She's cute, but not in a particularly interesting way and oh so empty empty empty. I suspect she has had plenty of therapy already, but has no interest nor motivation to change.

candall- speaking for myself, Mike is just a douche and the ringleader but he was my third choice. Aaron was just off the charts aggressive & ugly in his words and actions plus his strategy was built around controlling the food. He sucked at cooking but that was probably a blessing so people ate less of his unsanitary "food". He got my vote.

Bri and her animal abuse was next.

The word "vile" is used with great frequency when talking about the Topes.

eta: from jokers - Aaron says he found out that he was the top vote-getter by a large margin. Rob asks how he found that out, but Aaron kinda blows off the question.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 4

Okay, now. . .whuuuuut?  People didn't vote for Mike because he's FUNNY??? 

Is he funny?  I thought he was just a scheming little dickwad.

Apparently some people (both the Utopians and viewers) think that his parody government is the height of hilarity. See - government positions have ridiculous names, like "Chonkins" and silly elaborate procedures. Isn't government funny?

Note that these people's idea of humor also includes the weird drag shows they did, and pranks like putting a chicken in the living quarters.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 5

it's dark (after 7PM), and the chickens are still out.   anyone think they will be loose all night?  

I can't stand Jake, I think he is a weird creeper who is infatuated with Dede and also with Utopia and can't seem to stay away or leave when he is there.

he just told Amanda that he would give them a couple pounds of beeswax.    she asked if he had it with him, and he said no, that he would bring it.

to me, that means he takes it for granted that he will be back inside Utopia.
  • Love 4

Josh just told Nikki that he took two women to Pomegranate Lane and they gave him a tagteam BJ!  He's very pleased with himself, and she's happy for him and wants all the details.  Just...wow.

• Love 6

Having just read the rumor that Bri "accidentally" killed a chick by stepping on it, I'm doing a happy dance at her departure.

I'm also glad for Bri's sake.  She's a troubled girl.  I'm a little creeped out by the time she's been spending with Mike.  Mike participated in the conversation that Bri would be willing to have sex with all the guys at Utopia, and stated the only reason he hasn't, is because of Chris.

Not surprised they're getting drunk and neglected to put the chickens away.  Maybe there's a responsible person in production who will remind them.  (Yeah right)

• Love 2

Josh just told Nikki that he took two women to Pomegranate Lane and they gave him a tagteam BJ!  He's very pleased with himself, and she's happy for him and wants all the details.  Just...wow.

EEEWWW! Zahdii, I usually love reading your posts but this news is just icky - how could you put this image into my head? :-) 

I like Josh overall and I think he is far and away one of the best ones in there and the one that contributes the most (he got my vote for that today), but I'm not a fan of his sexual hijinks with the Utopia visitors. And don't even get me started on what type of person would come to a party in Utopia and agree to give a "tag team" blowjob? To just give someone a BJ by yourself in this setting is bad enough, but agreeing to tag team one? Just... so gross!

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

Who needs Dr. Who for nightmare fuel when you have Utopia?

• Love 4

Hmmm... they charge admission to the party, which is all about meeting the utopians. Then, the paying customers have a chance for a sexual encounter with the utopian of their choice.

Sounds like they found another "business venture".

Let's hope they're better at fucking than they are at arts and crafts.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12
Then, the paying customers have a chance for a sexual encounter with the utopian of their choice.

Huh.  Paying for a chance to have sex.  Hmmm.    It's not quite prostitution if you're only paying for a chance, but it's not quite a raffle because there's not a specific prize you might win...

Oh, there was one more really funny thing Bri said.  I think it was Friday morning since Thursday was all about working in groups at all tasks and the big cookout at the rocks and s'mores.  So Friday Bri announces to the group that in the spirit of Project Love today will be about 'self love'.  I honestly do not think she had any idea that that meant something else to pretty much everyone listening, both in Utopia and at home.  There were a lot of amused faces.

I hope that wasn't one of the ideas she got from Production.  I've seen speculation that they more-or-less told her what her three days were supposed to consist of, and I'd like to think they wouldn't set her up like that with a list of ideas that could be misinterpreted.

Ew. Someone please pass me the brain bleach.

Mike reminds me of the Great Gazoo.

HA! I can totally see the resemblance.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 4

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. Bella's paintings...MAYBE...for $5 or $10 at a flea market. I don't think they could give the rest away. I'm afraid to ask what this is:

http://theutopiapioneers.com/collections/jewelry/products/aurora-artist-hex

Twig and berries. It looks sort of phallic. I saw one of her listings was some craft store beads arranged around a branch, that was it,no copper wire in site.

I hate the wat Mr, Pringles (tm someoneelse, who is very hilarious up thread, says Huntress Hex like we are to believe she is some sort of exotic sexy creature. Um,no.

• Love 1

Even the cows and chickens are probably having little celebratory parties of their own. The cows are just sorry they couldn't have delivered a good, swift kick to her. You know the old saying, don't let the cow kick your ass on the way out. ;-)

My back is killing me and I still have a ton of housecleaning to do tonight, but all was momentarily forgotten when I read that Bri is GONE! Once she finds out why she's so despised, she'll wish that she were back in delusional Utopia.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 7
I hate the wat Mr, Pringles (tm someoneelse, who is very hilarious up thread, says Huntress Hex like we are to believe she is some sort of exotic sexy creature. Um,no.

If Hex was really such a "huntress", shouldn't they be eating a lot better? 

• Love 1

I was really looking forward to hiding behind the virtual couch with the rest of Live Feed America so we could all jump out and yell "Surprise!!!  Most Valuable Player is . . .JOSH!!!"

But of course it's Utopia, so Josh had to go be a big horse's ass and now we all feel icky.

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

the vote is for "biggest contributor".   

some party (mis)behavior shouldn't change that

---------------------------------------------------

still unclear if the Utes know there will be an elimination vote.   

Please, stop calling these people Utes.  Ute people /ˈjuːt/ are an indigenous people of the Great Basin, now living primarily in Utah and Colorado.

You are insulting an entire group.  If this cast of this show were actual Utes, it would probably be a vast improvement

• Love 1

Apparently Mike also got a BJ from that lady he kissed a few weeks ago.  BJ's for everyone!

[singing]This is Blowtopiaaaaaaaa[/singing]

I can't really fault people for having sex, or talking about having sex,  But somehow, this all squicks me out.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 8

I can't really fault people for having sex, or talking about having sex,  But somehow, this all squicks me out.

It's the public nature of it mixed with how little respect some of the men involved seem to have for the women. If there was mutual respect involved, it would all be much more palatable. Instead it's just the guys gloating that they got some.

• Love 7

It's the public nature of it mixed with how little respect some of the men involved seem to have for the women. If there was mutual respect involved, it would all be much more palatable. Instead it's just the guys gloating that they got some.

Everyone involved were consenting adults who knew that there are cameras everywhere, the Utopians are wearing mic's, and there was a lot of people wandering around.  None of them could have any reasonable expectation of privacy, yet they all went ahead and did what they did.  Although we hear the Utopians spouting off at their good fortune, for all we know their partners in the sexcapades also went home and gleefully told their friends what they'd done.

Josh's two friends were both upfront about having significant others at home, and Mike's friend told him she was a writer (actually she's a blogger, but that does require writing...).  Mike may be the one who really regrets what happened when he gets out and finds that his friend Melissa Stetten has a long established history of writing about her antics, and has a questionable reputation regarding her truthfulness in her dealings with the minor celebrities she deals with.

• Love 4

I'm not questioning consent or awareness of the cameras. They're very aware of the cameras even if they seem confused by the 24/7 live feed concept. It's just coming off as icky to me because of all the casual misogyny and famewhoreish behavior from some of them. That lends the whole thing a certain ick factor I wouldn't be feeling otherwise. I often feel it when they talk too. It's not just about sex.

Edited by whack-a-mole
  • Love 8

Please, stop calling these people Utes.  Ute people /ˈjuːt/ are an indigenous people of the Great Basin, now living primarily in Utah and Colorado.

You are insulting an entire group.  If this cast of this show were actual Utes, it would probably be a vast improvement

I will admit, I was not aware that Ute was the name of an actual group of people and I will give others the same benefit of the doubt. Since I know it was not meant with any malice, I don't think it's necessary to go back and edit all previous posts that use it, but let's call it quits on using that term in the future.

Thanks and happy posting!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not questioning consent or awareness of the cameras. They're very aware of the cameras even if they seem confused by the 24/7 live feed concept. It's just coming off as icky to me because of all the casual misogyny and famewhoreish behavior from some of them. That lends the whole thing a certain ick factor I wouldn't be feeling otherwise. I often feel it when they talk too. It's not just about sex.

Yes, I agree too.  I guess I wanted it known that these weren't people who were tricked into having their behavior shown to the public, but at the same time I hope I'd never do the same thing.  I wish I had the words to accurately describe my feelings about this. 

Anyway, I really hope it's a one time thing, I am able to shake my head and say 'whatever' for tonight, but if this were to happen again...  I'm looking forward to seeing how Production handles this, since they don't interfere, you know. ;)

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5

I'm not questioning consent or awareness of the cameras. They're very aware of the cameras even if they seem confused by the 24/7 live feed concept. It's just coming off as icky to me because of all the casual misogyny and famewhoreish behavior from some of them. That lends the whole thing a certain ick factor I wouldn't be feeling otherwise. I often feel it when they talk too. It's not just about sex.

Even better -- if there is a rash of cases of gonococchal pharyngitis amongst visitors to Utopia.  And doctors start trying to figure out what these patients have in common.

• Love 3

Apparently Mike also got a BJ from that lady he kissed a few weeks ago.  BJ's for everyone!

[singing]This is Blowtopiaaaaaaaa[/singing]

Yeah, it's the attitude that they are a special, entitled group of people. Something Mike said on one of the live feeds, when he was yelling at the beekeeper, that there were 5 hundred thousand women who wanted to be there, and weren't allowed to visit, but Jake was allowed to keep coming in. Like Mike believes he's some big time celebrity, irresistible to women.

• Love 3

I guess I'm not so disturbed by the sexual activity, just the crudity that follows.  For instance, Mike and Josh, both the recipients of Bjs, joke about where they left their DNA.  The blow-by-blow (couldn't resist):  Mike left his "all over the place" and Josh "all over her face".  At least Josh reciprocated in a certain way with one of the cougars.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mike just said, "on your knees bitch".  The Tope ladies need to do some over the top objectifying of the men to counterbalance.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 3
that there were 5 hundred thousand women who wanted to be there, and weren't allowed to visit

If he really thinks something like that, then he's truly delusional.  I really wish he'd been on the short list of possible eliminees, so that at least if he thinks there are a half million women being denied access to Utopia, he knows it isn't him they'd want to see if they got there.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 3

Yeah, it's the attitude that they are a special, entitled group of people. Something Mike said on one of the live feeds, when he was yelling at the beekeeper, that there were 5 hundred thousand women who wanted to be there, and weren't allowed to visit, but Jake was allowed to keep coming in. Like Mike believes he's some big time celebrity, irresistible to women.

The Jake and Mike fight was an awesome sight to behold (there's video from the 22nd on utopia madness).  I especially enjoyed Mike bitching that it's not fair that Jake gets to come in at will (why don't they just bring in a fuckin' circus act next?), and that he's well-rested, clean, and walking with a hop.  Mike doesn't like how this makes him look in comparison.  When Mike then mocked Jake about his grandmother, and Jake said, "my grandmother's dead", and Mike responded, "then why do you have her car", I almost died laughing.

• Love 4
Mike bitching that it's not fair that Jake gets to come in at will (why don't they just bring in a fuckin' circus act next?), and that he's well-rested, clean, and walking with a hop.  Mike doesn't like how this makes him look in comparison.

Mike could look clean and well-rested, too, if he wanted.  They're not being denied soap and water, and it's pretty obvious they're allowed to rest as much as they want.   Unfortunately for Mike, it takes more than a bath and a nap to fix a personality.   

• Love 5

Although we hear the Utopians spouting off at their good fortune, for all we know their partners in the sexcapades also went home and gleefully told their friends what they'd done.

One of the women is doing just that on the live feeds chat.  She is known as "Guiltypleasure" and she has been chatting about it this morning......."I hope nobody could see us, blah blah blah."  Hmmmm.....you go on a TV show that has live feeds (and you know it because you watch the feeds and make comments) and then you "hope nobody could see?????"   And apparently she is upset because the other chatters told her about Josh bragging about it later, calling them "old heaters" and "cougars."  Ha freaking ha.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5
Hmmmm.....you go on a TV show that has live feeds (and you know it because you watch the feeds and make comments) and then you "hope nobody could see?????"

Sounds like her understanding of live feeds is on a par with the topes'.  Does Production go out of its way to find people who can't grasp the concept?

• Love 6

I am 51 and feel like I am somewhat of a Luddite. I purchased a digital album (awesome alternative band named Merchandise!) yesterday on Amazon and then it took me too damned long to figure out how to get it to Windows Media and then to burn it to disc. I was grousing about how there needs to be some sort of easy, two-step process where anything I buy automatically combines the iTunes, Amazon, etc. players straight into Windows Media and then I just click on Burn and it totally knows what I want somehow. Although my preference is to just find a tech-savvy boyfriend!

But even I, with my fumbling lack of technological knowledge, have never, ever once not understood exactly what 24/7 LIVE feeds mean.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 10

I guess what it says to me is if these scrubs are gettin' a little due to whatever notoriety they've gained appearing in this freak show, what on earth would be the amount of random encounters your average musician/actor/athlete/ahhh...blog commenter with some actual talent are capable of pulling in?  Mind you, this is a purely academic question..

• Love 2

At least Josh does not have a girlfriend at home .He is single. It was more or less like getting sex from a prostitute.He was propositioned by the ladies/groupies. Mike is a serial cheater on his girlfriend who he got a letter from this week and tore it up.She is not happy.I just found it all ikky because of all the guests being there.Men did kiss and tell like a frat boys.This whole group except Nikki,Amanda,Ernesto,Bella and Josh have been whoring it up.Josh has controlled himself until last night.

• Love 3

The dalliances by Mike and Josh last night reminded me just how sleazy the "Utopia" guys are. Please don't shatter my belief that Ernesto is the only gentleman there.

Minus Ernesto, the rest of the guys can be the 7 Dopes: Sleazy, Angry, Dummy, Creepy, Shorty, Douchey, and Extra Sleazy.

• Love 4

Josh has controlled himself until last night.

Oh he tried. He attempted to hit on Nikki really early on and was (politely) shot down. Then there was Katie. He not so subtly tried his hardest to get some even knowing she was only going to be there for 3 days or so. He was flat out telling the others that he only had 3 days to solidify something with her and he admitted to being able to look past her obnoxiousness to just get laid.

Not saying I don't like Josh, just that he's not innocent in all the sexual exploits.

• Love 5

I haven't caught anyone having sex, but they must not go out of their way to hide it.  On Allofutopia, they post what sexual positions, etc.  Hex gave Taylor a BJ out in an open field.  It might not bother me if these guys are doing any reciprocating.  I'm grossed out that no one uses condoms, and none of these ladies seem to care what they put in their mouths.  To the extent that I keep reading disgusting jokes about Josh, Mike, Chris, and Taylor providing their ladies with protein, and making sure they don't go away hungry.  Maybe guys appreciate that, but I cringe a bit.

• Love 6

Mike just left Utopia.  His Dad called.  Information is scarce, but it looks like something happened to his Mom.

That picture of him walking alone down that dirt road is very sad. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family. I hope everything turns out okay for them. 

• Love 3

Mike just left Utopia.  His Dad called.  Information is scarce, but it looks like something happened to his Mom.

From the Fox site: "We may not have seen the last of Hairly Legal; time will tell."

So they may let him back him after the family "emergency."  They probably don't know themselves.

• Love 2

Not to be entirely skeptical of reality shows and family emergencies/tragedies (cough, cough, ...... Johnny Fairplay on Survivor) and a tad cynical since it is Mike were talking about here, but what if Mike had a predetermined signal setup with his parents to watch for on the live feeds -- and if they saw the signal to press the 'family emergency' button and call production (I did find it a tad odd that he was carrying that sack around on Friday).

Plus, if he was returning to Utopia, they wouldn't allow him to go home without an escort to make sure he didn't get any info from people/decided to spend a few quality hours catching up on the live feed updates.  And knowing what Mike is like in Utopia, I wouldn't put it past him to come up with something like like this.

ETA: On the bright side, if there is a vote tomorrow, they won't be a tie.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

From the Fox site: "We may not have seen the last of Hairly Legal; time will tell."

I was just wondering if they would let him come back after the issue with his Mom/family was resolved (if it's even something that could be resolved) since technically, you could say that his leaving wasn't completely voluntary.

• Love 1

Not to be entirely skeptical of reality shows and family emergencies/tragedies (cough, cough, ...... Johnny Fairplay on Survivor) and a tad cynical since it is Mike were talking about here, but what if Mike had a predetermined signal setup with his parents to watch for on the live feeds -- and if they saw the signal to press the 'family emergency' button and call production.

Plus, if he was returning to Utopia, they wouldn't allow him to go home without an escort to make sure he didn't get any info from people/decided to spend a few quality hours catching up on the live feed updates.  And knowing what Mike is like in Utopia, I wouldn't put it past him to come up with something like like this.

ETA: On the bright side, if there is a vote tomorrow, they won't be a tie.

I have to admit that my first question was, "Is his father also a lawyer?"

• Love 4

If anything has happened to his mother, then I hope she's okay.  

But whether or not the reason is legit for him being called away, I wonder if being away from the compound will be enough to make him officially opt out of Utopia.  He was already considering leaving and this gives him an excuse to leave without "quitting", at least as far as saving face.  I don't know what it would mean for his stipend, but he sounded more concerned about how quitting would make him a failure, rather than the money.

• Love 2