Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

yesterday Amanda told Bri and Mike that she was expecting a package.  Bri wanted to know what it was, but Amanda wouldn't tell her.   she might have said it was good or something like that.

today, Amanda's sisters arrive for a visit.  

-----------------------

Rob sure is looking happy on the live feeds.    I wonder if he had a reunion last night.

maybe he's happy because he wants to go and thinks he will be voted off next.   he will likely be nominated, but the other 12 get the final vote.    if he actually asks them to vote him off and adds some emotional content, they probably will vote him off.

• Love 2

So that's based on the assumption that Mike will be one of the three?  From what I've seen (which admittedly is only one unofficial poll), the three most likely to end up on the short list at this point are Aaron, Rob and Kristen, with Mike fourth.  But Mike quitting would be great either way, since he's so obnoxious.   

It's great only if he quits AND the powers that be continue with the eviction vote .....ridding us two of the more toxic people in one fell swoop.

Here is Molly Lambert's take on her visit to Utpoia. Interesting read: 

http://grantland.com...fornia-commune/

excerpt from article: When I found out the location of Utopia, I immediately wondered how close it was to Spahn Ranch, the abandoned studio ranch that the Manson family took over and squatted in during the late ’60s. (It turns out Spahn is about 15 miles west of Utopia.)

I'm thinking this was what made Utopia irresistable to Cal.

• Love 9

Reading the live updates, Rob 's little health/emergency/timeout/whatever was just him simply hedging his bets -- now he is saying that he is only leaving if he is in the top 3 nominated by the public for eviction.

So his departure/apology tour he has been doing since his return is only to makeup for his assholish behavior since the wedding -- IF -- he leaves at all.

Rob -- just fucking leave already !!!

ETA:  Loving Amanda's sisters in the kitchen -- making hummus is a great idea, for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.  They have a blender, so it's easy to make -- why didn't Shadychef come up with this idea ?  Probably because he can't spell hummus, let alone make it -- this guy is not a cook, let alone a chef.  I also love the fact that they are ignoring Shadychef completely -- what's he going to do, threaten to beat them up as well for using HIS kitchen ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

Step right up, place your bets -- who is going to threaten to leave tomorrow ?   ShadyChef ?  Taylor ? Ernesto ? Kristen ?

And what will that person get in return for their threat to leave -- sexy time with loved one, fancy dinner, BJs from a hooker (or Bri if she's not busy), trip to Knott's Berry Farm for the day, takeout from Arby's (which I wouldn't wish on anyone), two hours of Xbox One time.  It's getting almost as bad as when Red was there and you could practically set your watch for his daily threat to quit.

Bella is in much better mood now that she knows that her art is a big hit money-wise and she has love from fans (based on Amanda's sisters conversations today).

Nikki is finally coming to her senses about Cal.  She needs to stay arms length (or farther) away from him at all times and should never be alone with him. Ever.

Dedeker needs to get away from the CKC because they are a really bad influence on her.  I still like Dedeker and think she has potential once she gets away from Mike/Rob/Kristen/Aaron.

Cal really is a burgeoning cult leader -- the practice he uses of constantly repeating things to people regardless of what they say back to him is a tried and true cult initiation technique.  And the whole training women thing is just all kinds creepy.  He's like a lite version of David Koresh or Jim Jones and needs to go ASAFP.

Mike is particularly an idiot -- plainly proven after the conversation he had tonight with Dedeker.  I love it when he spouts about how he's "a red-blooded American" and uses it as a justification for certain actions like he's the only one there -- dude, everyone in the compound is A) red-blooded and B) American.  There are no green-blooded Vulcans, or silver-blooded Indogenes (see Defiance) or neon-green blooded Predators roaming the compound. Give it a rest.

ETA:  Oooh, actions really do speak louder than words.  Finally watched the full clip on Utopiamadness of Amanda and her sisters prepping food in the kitchen.  Josh comes by and everyone's chatty with him, Bella comes in and there's pleasant conversation and hugs, Aaron comes in and interjects himself into the conversation and Alex and Amy will not even look him in the eye.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

There are no green-blooded Vulcans, or silver-blooded Indogenes (see Defiance) or neon-green blooded Predators roaming the compound. Give it a rest.

I don't know, have you checked? I don't think that "being human" was necessarily a requirement on the show's application form.

I'm not entirely sure what species Cal is. Aaron is potentially some kind of experimental robot soldier trying to pass as human, but not doing very good job of mimicking human emotions or language. His "ruptured eardrum" medical emergency was probably a malfunction in his audio processing chip. Bri represents the cutting edge in Japanese sex doll technology.

• Love 8

I think she said Dec 7 or Dec 9 ... but it could be before or after that. the midwife said that first time moms often take longer.

Edited by Alia

Quote: Aaron is potentially some kind of experimental robot soldier trying to pass as human, but not doing very good job of mimicking human emotions or language. His "ruptured eardrum" medical emergency was probably a malfunction in his audio processing chip.

He's such a poor reflection on the military so he's not even decent at that (Aaron's whole constant need to remind everyone all the time of his past makes me seethe). His only chip is that enormous one on his shoulder.

What species is Nikki? She's lovely and has to be pretty book smart, but how has she survived to 30? Her general outlook & patience plus willingness to talk to the likes of Cal defy logic.

• Love 4

excerpt from article: When I found out the location of Utopia, I immediately wondered how close it was to Spahn Ranch, the abandoned studio ranch that the Manson family took over and squatted in during the late ’60s. (It turns out Spahn is about 15 miles west of Utopia.)

I'm thinking this was what made Utopia irresistable to Cal.

I liked the part about how the other half of the Utopia compound is the Wipeout set.

While we're implementing new rules, let's have boxing gloves pop out of the walls at random times and punch Topes in the head.

Edited by candall
  • Love 11
There are no green-blooded Vulcans

If only there were.  Utopia needs more cool, calm logic.

What species is Nikki?

I'd say she's at least part Nox.

Does anyone know when the topes will be told the results of the vote?

• Love 2

What species is Nikki?

I'd say she's at least part Nox.

Good call.  That would be awesome if Nikki threw out a line like "Maybe one day you will learn, that your way is not the only way." and then disappeared from view in front of the rest of the Topes.

ETA: Was looking at the new items for auction on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/usr/us2014_utop?_trksid=p2047675.l2559) and I wonder if Kristen is going to apply the same stringent bidder restrictions to Josh, Rob, and Hex's items as she did to Bella's art (registered by Aug. 2014, minimum of 15 successful transactions), because that would eliminate all current bidders on their items.  Because if she doesn't, it pretty much confirms that she's just a petty jealous beyotch going out of her way to try and make Bella fail.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Someone explain Hex' s "jewelry" to me. She gets some stones from a craft store, wraps gold wire around a stone, sells it for $20 plus $15 for shipping. I guess you can then buy a chain and hang the stone on a chain, but can't ANYONE go to a craft store and get wire and stones?

$3 worth of material and ten minutes of labor doesn't add up to "jewelry" worth $35.

• Love 3

Someone explain Hex' s "jewelry" to me. She gets some stones from a craft store, wraps gold wire around a stone, sells it for $20 plus $15 for shipping. I guess you can then buy a chain and hang the stone on a chain, but can't ANYONE go to a craft store and get wire and stones?

$3 worth of material and ten minutes of labor doesn't add up to "jewelry" worth $35.

All of these Udopian "businesses" are entirely predicated on the fact that they're on tee vee. Without that crucial factor in play, I doubt any of these people would find any customers for anything they're doing even at a local craft shop or flea market or festival/fair.

• Love 6

I couldn't wait around and listen to all of Hex's Q and A session about herself last night.  What I heard sounded like scripted damage control IMO--her answers were too quick (no thinking about them first, no contemplating, etc) and the questions were too soft--"when did you get your first kiss?  What was your first job?"  etc.  Someone needs to tell Hex the difference between an alcoholic who is facing his/her addiction issues and an alcoholic in denial.  Anyone who has struggled with drinking problems will tell you that you are never an "ex-alcoholic" and you can't describe yourself as that, while you are drinking anything alcoholic that is delivered thru the gates of Udopia.  She actually said last night that her family is proud of the fact that she is not drinking while she is there (I have counted at least 3 times she has been inebriated since this whole thing began).   These people really, really are in the dark about the meaning of "live feeds."  

Aaron this morning telling his boot camper that another Udopian is taking over his chef duties this week because she complained about his meals not being healthy and filling enough.  He told the guy that "she" is learning how hard his job really is, she has burned a couple of meals, a few meals didn't turn out the way they should and she has spent more money than him "but I'm not going to down her."  Of course not Aaron, you're not "downing" Nikki to your paying customer nor to any of us out here in TV land, wink wink.........

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 6

All of these Udopian "businesses" are entirely predicated on the fact that they're on tee vee. Without that crucial factor in play, I doubt any of these people would find any customers for anything they're doing even at a local craft shop or flea market or festival/fair.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. Bella's paintings...MAYBE...for $5 or $10 at a flea market. I don't think they could give the rest away. I'm afraid to ask what this is:

http://theutopiapioneers.com/collections/jewelry/products/aurora-artist-hex

And just when  you thought it was safe to go back in the water: according to jokers Bri wants to set an age limit for the Halloween party so "it's all college kids and not '50-year-olds there to look at pumpkins.' " Can this girl get any more lovable?

• Love 8
according to jokers Bri wants to set an age limit for the Halloween party so "it's all college kids and not '50-year-olds there to look at pumpkins.' " Can this girl get any more lovable?

And so smart, too.  Because when you want to make money at an event, it's always best to limit your customer base to those who can get in for half-price with a student ID.

• Love 4

Per Amanda--"the votes are in.  America has voted.  The candidates for replacement are....in alphabetical order.......Aaron, Rob and......Bri."  Alphabetical order?  lol  Bri thought she was safe, but nope.  

I only wish Rob had not been on the list, simply because it may have forced him to walk, thus possibly losing his stipend (if the rumors are true).  If he wants to go as badly as he says, he'll convince the others to vote for him and Aaron will be back in the kitchen cooking his booger burgers and plotting his next scheme.  

Bri, tearful to Rob--"why do they keep picking me?  What the hell did I do?"  Ummmm......nothing--maybe that's why?

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 9

Still no feedback for any of the eBay auctions. I'm interested to see what the response is, when the buyers receive their items.  I'm assuming they are legit buyers and really want a reality show person's creations.

• Love 1

let's hope for some tie-vote drama!   :)

we will see if the magificent-12 (mag-12)   vote in their best interests because they are staying, or grant a wish (to leave)  and suffer some more.

• Love 1
Step right up, place your bets -- who is going to threaten to leave tomorrow ?   ShadyChef ?  Taylor ? Ernesto ? Kristen ?

And looks like our winner is --- Bri.    Is this just a threat or will Production have her back after a nice chat with the on-site pschologist ?

ETA: The best part is that nobody even seems to care that Bri left.  Whereas Mike went on his sad sack sympathy tour practically begging for someone to ask him to stay.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

I can't believe what I'm hearing Aaron say---that if America voted him out, it must be because everyone saw that he had accomplished what he came there to do!!!  Yeah, that "accomplishment" must be to give every Udopian antibodies to filth in their food!  Haha.

Rob said not to worry about America's vote--"its just 5 guys sitting around a computer."  

• Love 10

Oh my God. Seriously? I just had really awesome news in real life about 3 minutes ago and then THIS!!!! They better not let her back, because hopefully one of the other CKC will go in her slot (hopefully a male) and then one of those people gets voted out!

YES!!!!!   This is for Moo Baby, Betsy, Honey and the chickens!   YES!!!

• Love 14

This is the one and only time I have really respected Bri. She decided to leave, so she walked her ass on out that door. She avoided all the drama, appeals to production, and sad sack pity tour nonsense. She had enough and walked.

I'm glad to see her go. Once she stopped abusing the animals, others took over her spot as the worst of them, but it was hard to watch her knowing what she had done early in the series.

One down, too many more to go.  At least we're making progress now.

• Love 11

I bet production had already decided what they would do if someone walked between reveal and final vote.

She decided to leave, so she walked her ass on out that door. She avoided all the drama, appeals to production, and sad sack pity tour nonsense. She had enough and walked.

yup!

• Love 3

Which invites another interesting parallel to the cult/commune thing. Lots of cult insist on followers buying their own approved materials and goods, often at inflated prices.

It being a TV-based cult is also kind of appropriate, as shows are sometimes called "cult hits" and the TV itself is a lot like an altar or idol that we give pride of place in our homes, structuring our domestic lives around it, and worshipping it several times a day. Offering it tithes in the form of cable subscription packages. Buying what it tells us to buy.

Wait, did I just suddenly flash back to my first year of college?

• Love 3

Ha--just had a funny thought.  What if Bri walked out the gates for the sole purpose of finding those Americans who voted for her so she can stick thumbtacks in their jugular veins and watch them bleed to death?!!  Watch out, those of you who voted for Bri for replacement---if you hear  unexpected chewing in your kitchen and your food begins to disappear, that means......she's....in....your....house!

• Love 10

Seriously, I had to take extra blood pressure meds, my head is pounding!  According to Jokers>UtopiaTwitter. Bri is not allowed back and the voting will only be on the 2. I haven't been this happy about anything is a while. 

One of the tweets from the Producers says that since Bri left willingly she won't be let back in. Am I to understand that the million times Red walked out the gate, none of those times were done so "willingly?" Red's walkouts always seemed to be most definitely done willingly. No one was dragging him kicking and screaming to the gate to throw him out  - though that's what I would have done if he kept threatening to leave every day.

Is this yet another rule change by Production or it just more of their picking and choosing when and to whom the rules apply to?  

Also, did Mike actually physically go out through the gate the other day when he was whining about leaving?

ETA: I forgot about Dave - didn't he actually go out the gate and sit on his box one of the first times he threatened to quit and then they let him back in only to have him walk out again?

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

Wow.  I miss a couple of hours and find out about this?  Nice.  I find it hard to believe Bri doesn't know why people would be voting for her.  Production seems to be giving other topes information about how they've been perceived.  Haven't they tipped off Bri to the fact that America didn't like her choice of underfeeding the mooing and clucking members of Utopia's population?  

The candidates for replacement are....in alphabetical order.......Aaron, Rob and......Bri."  Alphabetical order?

I hope Amanda doesn't plan to home-school her little one.

let's hope for some tie-vote drama!

In a tie, the top vote-getter is the one eliminated, and that's probably Aaron.  So if Bri walked and Aaron gets eliminated, then maybe Rob will decide to walk, too.  With luck, this could be a perfect storm.

She decided to leave, so she walked her ass on out that door. She avoided all the drama, appeals to production, and sad sack pity tour nonsense. She had enough and walked.

Yeah, I'll give her credit for that.  The other day, she and Mike were talking about Rob wanting to leave, and Bri asked Mike, "If Rob doesn't want to be here, why doesn't he just walk his ass out the door?"  So if she practiced what she preached, good for her.  My wish for her is that she seeks counseling on the outside, because that girl needs help.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 7

Is this yet another rule change by Production or it just more of their picking and choosing when and to whom the rules apply to?

I'd say a little from column A and a little from column B.

Production will still choose when to enforce, bend or ignore rules. But I think they are also "changing" those decisions in response to overwhelming negative viewer feedback. Surely they were aware of how frustrated people got with all these "leaving/not leaving" turnstile events? Hell, they were probably sick of it themselves.

ETA:

What's down that dirt road Bri is leaving on? Will Production provide her with transport to the city? Is she going to hitchhike? Walk? I can't imagine there are any bus stops or taxi stands nearby.

The candidates for replacement are....in alphabetical order.......Aaron, Rob and......Bri."  Alphabetical order?  lol  Bri thought she was safe, but nope.

I think she's going by; Asshole, Bastard, and Bitch.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 11

I was just checking out some of the things that the Utopians have up for sale and I agree that the majority of it is complete crap. Hex's jewelry looks really cheap to me and she uses copper wire in a lot of it so, in addition to wearing a tacky piece of jewelry, you're also likely to get a green mark on your skin.

Also, these people need to learn their Roman Numerals - at least up to 10 would be good. One of Hex's pieces is called "Amethyst IIII" and it comes right after amethyst I, II and III so I'm inclined to think this was done out of stupidity rather than it just being a typo - especially as the majority of them don't have more than 2 brain cells in their heads.   

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 10

Also, these people need to learn their Roman Numerals - at least up to 10 would be good. One of Hex's pieces is called "Amethyst IIII" and it comes right after amethyst I, II and III

Maybe she's using tally marks? Edited by MissMel
  • Love 1

In a tie, the top vote-getter is the one eliminated, and that's probably Aaron.  So if Bri walked and Aaron gets eliminated, then maybe Rob will decide to walk, too.  With luck, this could be a perfect storm.

I called my pharmacy to be sure that they had extra blood pressure meds for me in case THAT happens! lol Too perfect! 

• Love 4

Wow, Bri just... walked?  AWESOME

vwMin.gif

Although to her tiny credit, this is the second time she's been made aware that America really does not like her, so... I might walk too in that case, especially if the whole experience was as boring and pointless as this must be for them.  And it's kind of funny that basically the Dopes were true to their word about quitters: Bri left, they talked about it briefly, and then moved on.

It's not clear if they're still doing the vote, though- at least as of right now, the UtopiaTV page has Rob and Aaron listed as "exempt" for some reason, but Kroll also has a tweet from just a half hour ago confirming there will be a Monday vote.  Which is great- while just like mmal, I'd like to have seen Mike and Aaron up there, Rob and Aaron means someone loathsome is going home soon too- and the other might just walk out in protest as well.

Edited to add: Well, I just figured it out, because I am not a smart man. The voting there is now just for "Best Contributor", and they've decided that someone who was put up for eviction couldn't also be eligible for "Best Contributor".

Fuck.  Well, I said a few days ago that this kind of shake-up would get me to at least watch the broadcast again, so... shit.  I am a man of my word, as much as it pains me.  You win this round, Kroll.  /shakes fist

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 7

That vote page is for the biggest contributor, so Aaron and Rob are not candidates for that one by virtue of being up for replacement. America's part of the vote for elimination is finished.

I didn't dare to hope we'd get rid of two this week, so I'm thrilled. If Aaron doesn't go, I hope he gets the Bri treatment of being up twice in a row.

• Love 4

I do think there should still  be a vote-off.  "the twelve" deserve their chance to vote someone off.   it also prevents a short-listed Ute from "saving" the other two,  thereby controlling something which is not supposed to be under their control.

whether to add a third person to the elimination vote is something worth considering.    

hmmm.   maybe the vote should still include Bri.      

America's part of the vote for elimination is finished.

still could break a tie

Edited by clod
  • Love 3

I voted for Bella as biggest contributor. Partly because she's brought in the most money with her paintings and partly because I want to see Aaron, Rob and Mike's heads explode simultaneously.

OK, mostly the second thing.

• Love 12