Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Dies Irae

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

NCIS Hawaii | 2x22 Promo "Dies Irae" (Season Finale)

Sneak peek!

Reveal spoiler

That's the promo that aired after the episode last week showing scenes that spoil the cliffhanger of a captured agent. We might "know" that the star escapes or is rescued at some point but play along with us CBS.

Of course Maggie was going to escape...

So I'm curious how they are going to work Sam Hannah into this version of NCIS next season.  Also, is Agent John Swift going to make a return based on his phone call with which ever entity he was talking to at the end?

All in all, this shook out pretty much how I suspected it would (so I won't go into the how, what, where, who that things that happen on shows/movies do that would never work in real life [like bending time]).

RIP Charlie 1…🕊

You’re an interesting character. Janey doesn’t need you anymore. She has a new protector in the form of Sam Hanna.

Am hoping for the CIA BS and Maggie’s chapter to be closed for good, that we don’t have to see her ever again. Then she escapes…UGH! 😣 

The last 2 episodes of S2 aren’t my favorite. The S1 finale was more heartwarming TBH.  

• Like 2

I can't stand Maggie.  I loathe this character.  I hate everything about her.  I hate her voice and her manner of speaking.  I don't want to see her as a recurring character.

I was really hoping Charlie 1 was still alive, especially after I saw the actor's name in the credits.  We lose the gregarious and fun Charlie 1 but we are stuck with Maggie?  Ugh.

I think I must be dense because I don't fully follow what happened.  The official plan was for Maggie to go shopping and allow herself to be captured by Adrian.  But Jane gave her the titanium knife and phone so Maggie could elude NCIS and meet Adrian at a remote location.  Why?  If the whole goal was to get Adrian, why not do it with NCIS backup?

Unless, was the plan always for Jane to allow Maggie to escape?  She sure didn't seem to try hard to prevent her from taking off.  And then Jesse asked Ernie to doctor the safe house footage so it looked like Jane was just giving Maggie money, not a phone and a knife.  Regardless of the video footage, Jane still broke protocol and Maggie went free.  I would think she should lose her job for that.  But I really hope this Swift person isn't a permanent addition, I don't care for him.  It sounds like he is adding a new person to the team, if it is Sam Hanna that'd be great, I have long said that this team needs more field agents.

At the end, where were Alex and Julie?  School hasn't started yet so Alex should still be around.  Jane gets injured and nobody is home to help her?  You'd think that Alex would have been home, and that the ex-husband or the parents of whichever friend Julie is always sleeping over with would send Julie home to help her mom.  It was weird that only her co-workers showed up to help her.

• Like 3

I was sure Maggie was going to escape. Tennant has mummy issues and Maggie's the perfect foil for that. No way TPTB would let go of the character after only two seasons. Of course she'll die one day saving Tennant's life. Probably around the time Tennant's bio mom resurfaces.

They were really stretching Tennant's Wolverine healing powers here -  but it's that restorative Hawaiian air again.

Sam Hannah is going to be recurring guest character. That sounds intriguing even if his deus ex machina act in this episode made zero sense.

Gotta admit: the tiny exchange between Whistler and Lucy in the hall was cute.

43 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I think I must be dense because I don't fully follow what happened.  The official plan was for Maggie to go shopping and allow herself to be captured by Adrian.  But Jane gave her the titanium knife and phone so Maggie could elude NCIS and meet Adrian at a remote location.  Why?  If the whole goal was to get Adrian, why not do it with NCIS backup?

Watsonian reason: because Tennant and Maggie were convinced that Adrian would not fall for the trap. Doylean reason: the writers wanted the final stand-off between the three characters who had been involved in the plot from the beginning. It made for better drama - well kinda.

• Like 2

I’m SO over “the past”, undercover, CIA, and (insert acronym here) plots with amped up violence, mayhem, and open-ended evil plot lines. I love how every CBS show left us with a “new season-coming soon” message. All my faves were either canceled, or left a totally disappointing, sour finale. Secrets, secrets, secrets. I don’t care.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

They were really stretching Tennant's Wolverine healing powers here -  but it's that restorative Hawaiian air again.

Hawaiian air. It was that good airliner air going from the east coast of South America to Hawai'i. And I guess her injury was secret and regular doctors were not allowed to treat her as she waited for the medical examiner to do some non post mortem work.

9 hours ago, blackwing said:

I was really hoping Charlie 1 was still alive, especially after I saw the actor's name in the credits.  We lose the gregarious and fun Charlie 1 but we are stuck with Maggie?  Ugh

Looking at the promo you got the more easily promoted bigger star LL Cool J, who Vanessa kept calling Todd to show us they are really close friends, in exchange for promoting that Charlie 1 will appear in a future episode.

Edited by Raja
  • LOL 2

I'm confused about what the plan was with Maggie too.  The "official" plan was that since Maggie's treason was well hidden, they were going to have her be seen in public to lure Adrian out.   But since Adrian knew that NCIS was on to him., Maggie and Jane thought he would know it was a trap.   So they concocted the plan for Maggie to escape and take him down themselves.   What I'm not clear on is did Jane agree to let Maggie escape, did she just know Maggie would and didn't do anything to prevent it or did she fall for Maggie's apology and think she would do the right thing by not running off.

I really thought Charlie 1 would be wounded seriously but recover.  Killing him was some bullshit. 

I wonder when the plan to bring Sam is was hatched?   The put Sam and Tenant together in the crossover and LA's cancellation was announced immediately after that.   It's an odd choice to bring him in.  LA's finale left the character's still together, doing their normal jobs and emphasized how much of a family they are.   But Sam's then going to immediately leave OSP for Hawaii?  How is that going to work?  A temporary assignment?  Part-time/as needed?   Or will he be permanently transferred there?   He has seniority over anyone on Tenant's team so how is that going to work?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Maverick said:

I really thought Charlie 1 would be wounded seriously but recover.  Killing him was some bullshit. 

I wonder when the plan to bring Sam is was hatched?   The put Sam and Tenant together in the crossover and LA's cancellation was announced immediately after that.   It's an odd choice to bring him in.  LA's finale left the character's still together, doing their normal jobs and emphasized how much of a family they are.   But Sam's then going to immediately leave OSP for Hawaii?  How is that going to work?  A temporary assignment?  Part-time/as needed?   Or will he be permanently transferred there?   He has seniority over anyone on Tenant's team so how is that going to work?

I think that as soon as the Los Angeles cancellation decision was made and the writer's strike was a sure bet. 

With that Office of Special Projects, the Los Angeles agency, Supervisory Special Agent in tow to outrank Agent Boone and it seemed as if SAC Tennant, and it ending with him saying the Hawai'i office will go gray areas if Janey leads them there they are able to use Los Angeles scripts by switching out G. for Janey. So when one of those scripts is used Sam Hanna shows up for the "special projects" mission and leaves again for the murder case of the week

And CBS must think it is easier to promo an occasional LL Cool J appearance than another "old friend" returns. I believe that was the last time Charlie 1  was promoted as he is played by some guy I recognize from TV

• Like 1

As a regular NCIS LA watcher, the OSP Supervisory Agent totally threw me off. In 14 years, the character has never appeared on NCIS LA, so I thought he was an imposter.

It makes little sense to use Sam Hanna but a supervisory agent who has never appeared. And given how LA was set up, he would have. They should have used a supervisory agent from a different office.