Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E21: Forgive Us Our Trespasses

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez team up with Danny's old partner, Jackie Curatola (Jennifer Esposito), to find a copycat killer emulating murders from a previous case. Also, Frank and Mayor Chase (Dylan Walsh) battle over how best to handle the city's rising homeless population; and Jamie, Eddie and Erin team up to build evidence against a previously released man who they believe is again committing criminal assault, on the 13th season finale of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, May 19 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

hard to say for sure, but this episode has a possible series finale feel to it — bringing the kids back, along with jennifer esposito, the heavy foreshadowing of danny and baez — likely shot before the renewal was announced. 

• Like 5

I didn't watch much Blue Bloods in the Jennifer Esposito years, but if they do feel they have to pair Danny up those two do have a good chemistry!

Now Erin's not running? I don't know what to say.

• Like 2

After all that all season Erin isn't running and she's going to let her lying boss win?

So I guess Danny's story continues next season. 

Would have been nice to see Joe at the table. Especially interacting with the back home kids.  I guess he's out in field. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, highway61 said:

I didn't watch much Blue Bloods in the Jennifer Esposito years, but if they do feel they have to pair Danny up those two do have a good chemistry!

How about Hooray!  Or Thank God!?  LOL.

Yes, why no Joe?  I didn't recognize Nicky at first. 

• Like 1

Historically the Blue Bloods mayors have been written as inept idiots; especially when dealing with Frank. This episode was right on par with that theme.   Also, does Frank really need Garrett as his "wingman"?

• Like 2

I am not a fan of serial killer plotlines on shows like this, but I think I may be the only one. Erin being angry at Jamie and Danny for coming into her office to complain has been so many times, I feel like the writers can copy and paste that scene into the script at this point. This is a show where status quo is god, so I'm not surprised Erin isn't running after all. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 5/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, wonderwoman said:

hard to say for sure, but this episode has a possible series finale feel to it — bringing the kids back, along with jennifer esposito, the heavy foreshadowing of danny and baez — likely shot before the renewal was announced. 

I bet some of the casting was done before the renewal (bringing back Esposito, plus Nicky and Jack), but I think the Erin decision screamed "We gotta keep her in her current role for the show," so they can't have her run until the show is actually ending.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Like 4

What do you mean by “the whole peanut gallery” Frank??! Your other grandson isn’t there. A missed opportunity to see Jack and Nicky meeting Joe for the first time.

Jackie and Danny together again! 💕

With Dr. Leonard Walker still on the loose, I truly hope we’ll see Jackie again.

I couldn’t care less about Frank and Mayor Chase. Same old same old. But I do like Garrett and Frank’s conversation at the end.

Erin won’t be running for Manhattan DA Office. Shocking!!! 🙄 Please, no more of this next season. Just get her and Jack back together. Is it too much to ask, writers?  

• Like 6
(edited)

Danny and Jackie hug and kiss, say good-bye -- and the serial killer is still on the loose.

This is the second time they have featured a serial killer storyline, and failed to catch the killer. Me no likee.

Creepy scary dude has multiple personality disorder, but not really dangerous, so release him into the wild. Thanks, doc.

The show is crowded with stories, but one used to be a whodunit. Too often though, there is no chasing down of clues to solve the whodunit because there is no time for that. I would happily give up all Frank's disputes with the mayor to have more time for the whodunit. But I know Tom Selleck is the big star, so gotta give him time to sigh. And I do like Garrett, so nice to see him be the hero for once. Very clever.

Erin just now noticed what it would be like to work as the DA due to one conversation with Anthony. Sure, that's plausible.

Definitely a missed opportunity to include Joe at the Sunday dinner.

Edited by Woodrose
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I think Baker was absent again this week.

i saw her in the dream team scene. can't remember any lines of import, but she and Sid exchanged glances when Gormley stormed off to have "vacation".

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Woodrose said:

Erin just now noticed what it would be like to work as the DA due to one conversation with Anthony. Sure, that's plausible.

And haven't the last four district attorneys been killed or jailed or humiliated or generally traumatized just to serve the cause of Erin's galactic ambition?

• Like 1

Hopefully someone else is running against Crawford so we can be done with her. 

Joe being missing was a weird but I do think he's already met his other cousins.  Wasn't he part of the Christmas or Thanksgiving where they returned?

It's been so long, I forget why Jackie left the force (but unfortunately i remember the string of lame partners they threw at Danny until they settled on Baez).   Was she just burned out with the job or had something happened that made her quit?

The mayor's plan was to have people volunteer to be handcuffed?  WTF?  And his big idea is herd the homeless into "Shelters" and the press isn't losing their damn mind over that?  

• Like 1
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 12:19 AM, Maverick said:

The mayor's plan was to have people volunteer to be handcuffed?  WTF?  And his big idea is herd the homeless into "Shelters" and the press isn't losing their damn mind over that?  

This is based on a drawn-from-the-headlines plan of current NYC Mayor Adams.  It's been controversial and also seems to have gone nowhere.  Too many civil rights adhere to the mentally ill, and they can't just be carted off.  Mayor Adams was planning on using the existing law that allows the City to hospitalize temporarily people deemed to be a danger to self or others.  They were proposing using the same law but maybe being more aggressive about using it, that is, searching more assiduously for people to take in.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2

Most of the mayors that Frank has worked with have been written as idiots, though he had a relatively collegial relationship with Mayor Pool, (you remember, the Black guy who was shot and paralyzed and later resigned because he realized he wasn't as good as he'd like to be?)

They were sort of leaning into Erin deciding not to run for DA the latter half of the season, showing how much she likes being an investigative DA, like in real life. ;-)

She would be a terrible politician, and she can probably work just fine with the current DA. At least as well as any Reagan can work with anyone in a position of authority.

It was good to see Jackie. I'm sorry that the actress had a falling out with the show, because she was a good partner for Danny. Not as enabling as some of his other partners have been.

Okay, I'm in for another season with all these characters, Sergeant Flawless, Grandpa Teeth, and the serious sighing and grunting from Frank. I hope they do wrap up a bunch of story lines.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/21/2023 at 10:45 AM, zapper said:

i saw her in the dream team scene. can't remember any lines of import, but she and Sid exchanged glances when Gormley stormed off to have "vacation".

I wasn't paying attention, so I missed it.  Baker usually has one line:  Opens door.  "Sergeant Reagan, sir."  or "Officer Janko, sir."  or some such.  There's a part that stretches your acting chops.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
38 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

...   There's a part that stretches your acting chops.

we don't want to point out that the actress' and the character both have the first name "Abigail", do we? No need to remember a different name is a bonus.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, zapper said:

we don't want to point out that the actress' and the character both have the first name "Abigail", do we? No need to remember a different name is a bonus.

This has always struck me as ridiculous.  Why didn't they change the character's name to avoid looking silly?

41 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

This has always struck me as ridiculous.  Why didn't they change the character's name to avoid looking silly?

Why is it silly?  Tom Selleck played Thomas Magnum for 8 seasons.  Was that silly?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
38 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Why is it silly?  Tom Selleck played Thomas Magnum for 8 seasons.  Was that silly?

You have a point.  Believe it or not, I did not know that.  I didn't watch that old show. 

For quite a while, Baker was just a glorified extra who introduced Frank's visitors or told him he had an appointment.   The character was simply referred to ask "Baker".   Once Gormly came up and she became part of the Dream Team, getting more lines and occasionally her own plot the character finally got a first name.  I'm assuming they used the actress's name as a bonus for being with the show for so many years without a first name.  

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, zapper said:

I was watching the first season of the show on Hulu...she was called "Melissa" Baker, then "Abigail" after that. My guess is that Selleck probably forgot and called her Abigail when they were filming, and they just changed it. ;-)

A friend of mine worked with Abigail Hawk on a play, and said she was lovely, and that Blue Bloods gave her a way to support herself & her kids, and do stage work. (She also said "hi" to me once at a theater event when that show was nominated for a prize!)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Huh.  I don't remember ever hearing her called Melissa...or any first name early in the series.   The writers probably forgot too.   These are the people who built an entire Erin story around Anthony going to every Regan to try and get Erin to run....only to have him spend half a season knocking the idea once she made her decision to run.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

These are the people who built an entire Erin story around Anthony going to every Regan to try and get Erin to run....only to have him spend half a season knocking the idea once she made her decision to run.

Yeah, I noticed that too...

On 5/20/2023 at 8:31 AM, highway61 said:

she was never going to run in the first place. It was telegraphed near he beginning of the season and since.

On 5/23/2023 at 5:47 PM, kwnyc said:

Most of the mayors that Frank has worked with have been written as idiots, 

Being a New Yorker, that's the most realistic part of the show.

• LOL 2