Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter in the Media

Its definitely a show that I'd like to see again, even if that doesn't happen for a few years.  There's so much story still to tell, the whole founding of Shield (not to mention finally finding out exactly who she married).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Its definitely a show that I'd like to see again, even if that doesn't happen for a few years.  There's so much story still to tell, the whole founding of Shield (not to mention finally finding out exactly who she married).

Meh, I really don't care to find out who she actually marries. Especially since how much would it suck for that guy, knowing that your wife's original true love was freaking Captain America.

Given he'd have to be as good a man as Steve, I don't think he'd mind. And it's Sousa anyway, so that isn't a mystery for me. And i'm not sure I'd want to watch the founding of SHIELD given that it would be a hollow victory, at best, with Hydra burrowing in there. 

But I wouldn't mind more seasons of what we've seen of Agent Carter, solving crimes with her friends. And Michael's return would be good one to take up. 

• Love 2

Reporting on the Save Agent Carter campaign - Hayley responds to the question of whether she would do another season of Agent Carter if renewed

http://popwrapped.com/hayley-atwell-wants-season-3-agent-carter/

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3940023

If you can, sign the petition or help in the ways listed below:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-agent-carter-bring-her-to-netflix?recruiter=3158512&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Thanks!

hayley-atwell-admits-that-she-would-one-hundred-percent-do-a-third-season-of-agent-cart-995105.jpg

• Love 1

Hayley Atwell Perfectly Sums Up the Creepiness of Captain America's New Love Interest

Well, first of all she’d be turning over in her grave. She’d be like “no.” And she’d inject herself with the blue serum and become a super villain. She’d break out of her coffin and ground [Sharon]. She’d ground her. Then she’d kick Steve’s ass as well.”

I just feel that, you know - I wouldn’t want to date my great aunt’s guy. It just feels like it crosses an incestuous boundary. And Peggy just died. That’s even more disrespectful, right? It’s like, “don’t touch that.” You can’t tap that!

I really like Hayley. She sounds like she is as fun as Peggy. 

• Love 3

Because comics doesn't always translate well on screen.

The way the movies handled Steve and Sharon was rushed and looked like they just needed to throw some romance in the movie, like Bruce and Natasha from Age of Ultron. In reality it is kind of weird even more so when they made the kiss happen after he found she was related to his first love Peggy. 

• Love 8
On 8/7/2016 at 10:04 AM, CyberJawa1986 said:

Any news on home media releases?  Hate to think Season One will be sitting all by it's lonesome in my collection.

It's up for pre-order on Blu-Ray...on Amazon UK. Meaning - like Daredevil - physical releases will be for overseas (but all are region free if you want to import). For whatever reason (maybe Netflix rights?), the US seems to not be getting the physical discs.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's up for pre-order on Blu-Ray...on Amazon UK. Meaning - like Daredevil - physical releases will be for overseas (but all are region free if you want to import). For whatever reason (maybe Netflix rights?), the US seems to not be getting the physical discs.

Appreciate the update.  I may just go ahead and preorder.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So, can I order Daredevil on DVD, through Amazon UK and still be able to play it on my US DVD region player?

Just now, TVSpectator said:

So, can I order Daredevil on DVD, through Amazon UK and still be able to play it on my US DVD region player?

I'd believe so.  

The listings do say they're region free, I do think it would be fine.  IIRC, the DVDs and Blu's I've purchased in the past that have been region free have always been fine.

9 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

I'd believe so.  

The listings do say they're region free, I do think it would be fine.  IIRC, the DVDs and Blu's I've purchased in the past that have been region free have always been fine.

I know the Blu-rays are region free, but DVDs? Pretty sure they are just Region 2. Which means you'd need a Region-free DVD player to play it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know the Blu-rays are region free, but DVDs? Pretty sure they are just Region 2. Which means you'd need a Region-free DVD player to play it.

Thanks the correction, not sure why I mentioned DVDs.  You are correct.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

To simplify: If you have a Blu-Ray player, if you import that Blu-Ray set to the US, it'll play fine; that is not the case for the DVD format. You'd need a region-free DVD player. Hope this helps!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, kirinan said:

I have no idea how true this is, but I promise, Netflix, I'll sign up for your service so fast your collective heads will spin if you make this come true! 

What?!  WHAT?!? Is this real life?! I thought there was no more hope for a Season Three, I think I'm in shock.

Who all has shows now? Are we going to lose any players if this really actually happens?

edit: because its not true and I'm going to go cry my hopes away.

Edited by SnoGirl

I'm hoping it's real life and not just a click bait story. I saw the link through the Save Agent Carter Facebook page, but I don't know if that page jumps on every bit of news or vets its sources well.

Sorry for the double post, but it's been confirmed that the rumor is NOT true about the possibility of Agent Carter going to Netflix. I sincerely apologize for posting it. The excitement got to me, I guess. This was the Renew Agent Carter post on FB about it, so SnoGirl, you should probably deactivate the link in your quote from my post. Again, I sincerely apologize; I hope no one had a problem from clicking on that site. (If it helps, my computer seems to be okay, so I'm hopeful everyone else's will be, too.)

Attention Agents: Confirmation has just been received from Matt Mitovitch of TV Line and Selina Wilken of Hypable that the Rumour regarding a Netflix Season 3 pick up of Agent Carter previously posted was false. (Screen cap below)

In addition, FXNewsCall has been researched and found to be blacklisted as a phishing and malware site. Please do not share or click on the article. Please DO share this news.

Our sincere apologies for posting this rumour that was shared with us.Sources will be more thoroughly vetted in future.

Edited to add: We realize this rumour gave you all a lot of hope. Please don't lose that. Please keep fighting. Peggy wouldn't give up. We shouldn't either.

-Renew Agent Carter-

Edited by kirinan
15 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but Conviction has been cancelled by ABC. Which reignited my hope that we get Peggy back.

If not as a miniseries in the Agents time slot during the break maybe a TV movie a year to fill in the MCU history pages

edit to add but then I have been expecting this is the last season for Marvel on ABC anyway

Edited by Raja
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Is there any MCU character who is not in that movie?

All of them that were introduced on ABC TV Agents shows and not in a theatrical release.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Raja said:

All of them that were introduced on ABC TV Agents shows and not in a theatrical release.

Does that mean there is a chance that Coulson shows up? Cuz it this point they really should know he is alive.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Does that mean there is a chance that Coulson shows up? Cuz it this point they really should know he is alive.

A writer who post on a Star Trek dedicated board claims that it is because of the standard TV writers contract. If a character originated on a TV show then the Writers Guild demands too much money, sort of like music rights, so unless really really necessary they won't bring TV first characters, even adaptations from other media like Daisy Johnson, into the movies. He speculated that is why the Inhumans is getting that hybrid IMAX release  a few weeks before being an ABC miniseries so the Royal family will be available for later MCU movies

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Raja said:

A writer who post on a Star Trek dedicated board claims that it is because of the standard TV writers contract. If a character originated on a TV show then the Writers Guild demands too much money, sort of like music rights, so unless really really necessary they won't bring TV first characters, even adaptations from other media like Daisy Johnson, into the movies. He speculated that is why the Inhumans is getting that hybrid IMAX release  a few weeks before being an ABC miniseries so the Royal family will be available for later MCU movies

Coulson started in the movies, and then went TV. So that logic doesnt work for him, just the rest of the MarvelTvVerse. Which is a bummer because I'd love to see FitzSimmons show up in a scene with Stark or Banner.

Everytime I see this forum light up, I have hope that ABC decides to bring back Agent Carter. I had hope after Wonder Woman did so well....but if she's in Infinity Wars, I'll take what I can get.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Coulson started in the movies, and then went TV. So that logic doesnt work for him, just the rest of the MarvelTvVerse. Which is a bummer because I'd love to see FitzSimmons show up in a scene with Stark or Banner.

Everytime I see this forum light up, I have hope that ABC decides to bring back Agent Carter. I had hope after Wonder Woman did so well....but if she's in Infinity Wars, I'll take what I can get.

Yes it does because for some reason movies to TV is okay union contact wise but not introduced on TV to the movies because of TV screen writing ownership rights. So the MCU has had Agents Carter and Coulson and Jasper Sitwell, Directors Fury and Hill. The Howling Commandos,  Gideon Malick and Lady Sif of Asgard make that two way move from  movies to TV and back to movies, except the "dead" Coulson  But so far nobody introduced on TV has been important enough to  jump to the movies.

The Star Trek writer made the claim initially to explain why "lower deck" crew from TNG without the  personal Roddenberry connectionso never got cameos when they started making movies.

19 hours ago, xaxat said:

Is there any MCU character who is not in that movie?

Yes, Betty Ross. I wonder if Ed Norton hadn't bee such a jackass on set of The Incredible Hulk,  would Liv Tyler still be part of the mcu?

11 hours ago, Raja said:

Man, I never thought about contracts as one of the reasons why TV characters won't go into the movies. Do you have a link to a source or was this something you heard word-of-mouth?

11 hours ago, Raja said:

Why would it make a difference  for  the  Inhuman  royal  family? They weren't created for tv or movies,  they were created by Lee and Kirby in 1965. So it is not like a tv writer can lay claim to having created them. Same with Daisy Johnson who also originated in comics. 

15 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Why would it make a difference  for  the  Inhuman  royal  family? They weren't created for tv or movies,  they were created by Lee and Kirby in 1965. So it is not like a tv writer can lay claim to having created them. Same with Daisy Johnson who also originated in comics. 

If I remember the long ago conversations, that date pre MCU back to Star Trek TNG going to the movies correctly, then no because Marvel sold characters or still owned the base rights to them and made their own TV shows it would not matter. The TV writer who gave the character life on TV gets ownership rights for TV and movies and he must be paid if the character goes to the movie. However movie screen writers run differently so taking that character "its all connected" and putting her on TV like Peggy Carter is different. Just chalk it up to a union settlement from a writers strike The writer, who has published official Paramount approved Star Trek novels and novelizations of the movies still claims it about the MCU when this subject comes up but it would take some google-fu searching of the  Trek BBS for the correct search terms to find the last time  it came up or the best explanation. . 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Oh man can you imagine the butt-kicking Peggy and Diana could do together?

You're really making me wish that (Wonder Woman spoiler)

Peggy Carter had been the one to find Diana on the island instead of Chris Pine. The two women could have gotten so much more accomplished so much faster.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 8

Just because she’s my favorite Marvel Hero, I was browsing Hulu and was delighted to see Agent Carter is back on Hulu. I don’t know when it was put on there but I’m definitely going to be rewatching it a lot. 

• Love 4

So, I don't know if this was posted here but Agent Carter made the list of Modern Rogue's "Top 10 Greatest Rogues In Hollywood History" at #4. 

Peggy Carter is one of the most under-appreciated heroes in the Marvel Universe. She’s had her own TV show, which was perfect and critically beloved, even though it only lasted two seasons. Its first season got a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.

She's been in both Captain America movies, Age of Ultron, Ant Man, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D, and even though she doesn’t appear in Civil War, she’s a part of the plot. Captain America attends her funeral, where a quote from Peggy is read during the eulogy, which ends up shaping the movie from beyond the grave.

Agent Carter does everything that the superheroes do, but without super powers for protection. She’s highly respected in the superhero community as the founder of S.H.I.E.L.D, and a crucial thread in the MCU. She’s a master spy, marksman, tactician and martial artist, having been trained by the British government.

More than any other character, Agent Carter feels like a tribute to all women who had to be the first woman to do ... well, anything. She gets stepped on a lot by her superiors, but she’s never downtrodden. It’s just inherently understood that she’s going to do their jobs better than them and also make them a sandwich, because it’s 1942 and she has a buttload of moxie. She actually has so much moxie that it might qualify as a super power if she got it in a lab accident.

Peggy Carter is mostly on the lady/gentleman side of The Modern Rogue. She’s poised and calm, fighting less with face kicks and more with tactics and strategy. Rather than bust down the door, Agent Carter sneaks in, undetected. When she drinks, she drinks whiskey, and when she fights, it’s always fair and for her country.

http://www.themodernrogue.com/articles/2018/3/5/the-top-10-greatest-rogues-in-hollywood-history

• Love 9