Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter in the Media

(sob!)  Love Agent Carter.  It's about a million percent better than the dreck current on TV.

I wonder if Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime might pick it up?  I'd actually pay for Amazon Prime so I could watch it. Maybe we can crowdsource a third season?  :)  It worked for Star Trek, back in the day.

• Love 2

Just, they supported it not at all, it had no lead in to speak of, and it still did a respectable percentage of the business of Agent Daisy and her worshippers. Gee whiz, people, throw me a bone. If Hayley Atwell's new show works out, it would be free advertising.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, SophiaD said:

(sob!)  Love Agent Carter.  It's about a million percent better than the dreck current on TV.

I wonder if Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime might pick it up?  I'd actually pay for Amazon Prime so I could watch it. Maybe we can crowdsource a third season?  :)  It worked for Star Trek, back in the day.

Netflix is the one with the existing Marvel deal. I'd say it's the only one with a realistic change, although it goes against their philosophy of unifying all of their Marvel shows, since it happens in a different time period.

That said, it won't happen. It's revealing that Atwell is already lined up for a new ABC show. They aren't exactly going to want to free her up for other work (even if through the common Disney ownership between ABC and Marvel they'd still in theory be helping the parent corporation if Netflix picked up a discard). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Bummer.  I'm sorry to see it go as it was a really good and fun show.

Still, it's the Marvel Universe and I would be surprised if we see Peggy again one of these days.

I must say, the descriptive blurb for her new show is cringeworthy. 

Lawyer and former First Daughter Hayes Morrison (Atwell) is about to accept a job offered from her sexy nemesis, NY District Attorney Wayne Wallis, to avoid jail time for cocaine possession and avoid hurting her mother’s Senate campaign. Working with his team at the new Conviction Integrity Unit will let her use her brilliant mind to turn over cases where there is credible suspicion of wrongful conviction, and give her a chance to turn things around with her high-powered political family.

I want to punch that many cliches in a row in the nads. "Sexy nemesis"? "To avoid jail time for cocaine possession"? And while it's not been done on a TV show before, aping the scenario of a former First Lady who's running for a Senate seat (in New York, seemingly, to boot!)

• Love 11
(edited)

My day has been ruined.

Agent Carter deserved AT LEAST one more season. 

What about all the cliffhangers???

-Is Thompson dead dead???

-Does this mean Peggysous got married because they left it off with those two together??

-How long did Bernard Stark's reign of terror last???? 

-What became of Dottie???

-And all the other cliffhangers?????

gosh dang it all, I wanted there to be the chance that we'd meet Maria Stark!

we didn't even get to see them form SHIELD!!!! The one-shot doesn't count anymore I don't think, does it? Does it still make any sense? Isn't the time period of that one shot out of whack now?

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Agreed, but I'm hoping that's something the marketing people cooked up and not a summary courtesy of the show's writers. Liz Friedman did excellent work on Jessica Jones and Elementary, so I have high hopes here.

I'm bummed about Agent Carter's cancellation. I enjoyed this show much more than I enjoy AoS.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Julia said:

Just, they supported it not at all, it had no lead in to speak of, and it still did a respectable percentage of the business of Agent Daisy and her worshippers. Gee whiz, people, throw me a bone. If Hayley Atwell's new show works out, it would be free advertising.

Agree with the lack of support. They barely promoted the show. So many people I've talked with have never even heard of the show. It isn't even like people had heard of it and were not interested. 

• Love 3

Also hoping for a TV movie to tie up loose ends. I don't expect it to be as big budget as a Marvel theatrical movie but at least better than the episodic had.

The show concept for Conviction actually reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's Notorious where Ingrid Bergman played the disgraced daughter of a Nazi who is also a party girl and is enlisted to help spy for the government.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I want to punch that many cliches in a row in the nads. "Sexy nemesis"? "To avoid jail time for cocaine possession"? And while it's not been done on a TV show before, aping the scenario of a former First Lady who's running for a Senate seat (in New York, seemingly, to boot!)

Yuck, that sounds like a Shondaland joint.

• Love 3

If it makes anyone feel better, the Agents of Shield spinoff Marvel's Most Wanted didn't get picked up.  I'm disappointed that Agent Carter didn't get renewed.  It was telling a story that bridged the time gap between the first Captain America movie and Iron Man.  I'm bummed that we won't get a third season which may have been the founding of SHIELD out of the remnants of SSR, similar to how the CIA emerged out of the OSS. 

It sounds like ABC's new president did a very through house cleaning, including cancelling some long running shows.  I have a feeling that next year may be the last year for Agents of Shield with its falling ratings, the indefinite postponement of the Inhumans movie, and the success of Marvel's Netflix programming. 

• Love 3

Sad to hear, but I was prepared for it.  It wasn't a perfect show, but I found it to be simply one of the most fun ones, and I was disappointed that it didn't seem to catch on with regular viewers.  Then again, Agents of Shield is also tumbling and Most Wanted seems to be on shaky ground, so I'm wondering where Marvel is going to go from here.  It seems their darker, Netflix shows seem to be more successful for them.

At least this new Conviction show will hopefully allow Hayley Atwell to continue being her badass self, but I will miss Peggy Carter, and the rest of the supporting team.  Looking forward to what her, James D'Arcy, Enver Ejokaj, Bridget Regan, and the rest do next, but I will miss seeing them interact with one another.

• Love 4

Dammit, why couldn't they have axed Agents of SHIELD instead? I do watch that show, too, but that's how I know that show is not as good as this one.

• Love 4

I'm going to really miss Peggy, Jarvis, Howard, Sousa, Dottie, and everybody else.

Come on, do a TV movie so we can find out everything, or give us an Agent Carter comic book series.

• Love 5

My thoughts exactly.

Would love to see Netlfix pick it up, or as several others have said, a TV movie or something a la the Gilmore Girls revival, to tie up loose ends at least.

Even though we knew it was probably going to happen, still sad :(

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kromm said:

yuck -- and I bet the original idea was:  "Jenna Bush joins the Innocence Project."  I can't believe that, after saying that out loud, they didn't just say "fuck it, let's try for something interesting instead."  

Sigh, it also means that we will get yet another show with fake political arguments and with the woman voicing the republican side and someone mansplaining to her about the value of compassion and due process and sh*t like that. I'm a democrat but those shows make me sympathetic to conservatives whining about the liberal media. (I'm looking at you Newsroom.)

* oh shit, it also means we don't get her charming natural accent or the slightly posher one she does for Peggy Carter but some fake midwestern thing.  sigh

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, HoodlumSheep said:

If anyone is interested:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-agent-carter-bring-her-to-netflix?recruiter=540812993&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

i know the chances are low, but why not give it a try? I signed. Can't do any harm to try at least. You never know. *shrugs*

At least it's a more sensible idea than most, because of the existing Marvel relationship with Netflix. It's not street level, or in the right time period, and would have to float completely independently from the others, but more outrageous things have been proposed.

Hayley having a contract with ABC seemingly and a new job already greenlit and in production would seem to be the problem.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Jediknight said:

I'm going to really miss Peggy, Jarvis, Howard, Sousa, Dottie, and everybody else.

Come on, do a TV movie so we can find out everything, or give us an Agent Carter comic book series.

Honestly if you folks that do petitions are that passionate, the Comic Book idea is a more realistic petition to get results from. The numbers they need to justify a comic book are in the hundreds of thousands vs. the millions.

So make a comic book petition and send that to Marvel. And cc: all of the popular comic book websites/news sources like Comic Book Resources, Comics Alliance, Newsarama, etc.  

Edited by Kromm

Ugh! ABS keeps Quantico and all the Shonda dreck, but cancels the most intelligent, witty, interesting show on TV? Guess I get back one more hour of my time to do something like read a book.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Julie23 said:

Ugh! ABS keeps Quantico and all the Shonda dreck, but cancels the most intelligent, witty, interesting show on TV? Guess I get back one more hour of my time to do something like read a book.

I know it sucks. They always seem to keep the crap shows and cancel anything good. Bunch of idiots.

• Love 4

Just chiming in to say that it does indeed suck, what a fun show that had so many different, great things going for it - locations, costumes, spy capers, a great cast........ugh.  

• Love 3

This is a serious bummer. I really hope someone picks it up, I wanted to see Peggy set-up Shield, and be the one giving the orders for once.

Ugh. I am momumentally disappointed. Peggy is the hero we all deserve.

#peggydeservesbetter

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Llywela said:

Is Jack dead or alive? What's so important about that file? We will never know! Damn.

On a side note it always bugs the shit out of me when shows where the writers know they are on the bubble finish on a cliffhanger.

• Love 6

This is a serious bummer. I really hope someone picks it up, I wanted to see Peggy set-up Shield, and be the one giving the orders for once.

Me, too!  I wish they'd scrapped "Agents of Shield" to begin with and made "Origins of Shield" with Peggy as its director.

• Love 6

This show was so much fun.  I'm really going to miss it.  Peggy Carter and Jarvis were perfection together.  I wish they would do a TV movie to tie up the cliffhangers.  Darn it.  I want to know what was in that file!I

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

I know it sucks. They always seem to keep the crap shows and cancel anything good. Bunch of idiots.

Unfortunately, they have to pander to the masses and the masses like brainless dreck.

• Love 3

On the plus side at least with cancelation they won't have to do any crazy script acrobatics to explain how Peggy, as head of SHIELD never noticed that the spy agency she founded was infiltrated at all levels by HYDRA.

• Love 2

I wouldn't say no to a graphic novel wrap-up dealing with all the lose ends of the finale.

Is Souza Mr Carter? Was future Mama Stark somehow connected to Peggy? 

As Paul Bethany is now Vision in Avengers, can't we get James D'Arcy to voice Jarvis in Tony's suit? I like Friday, but I miss Jarvis.

• Love 2

Reasons to go ahead and sign the Agent Carter Petition:

- You can write a statement about what the series has meant to you. Several of the actors have already read the notes. 

- Yes, Hayley has another show on ABC. But if we go by logic from TV seasons past we know these facts:

-- The new show, Conviction, will initially get a 13 episode pickup. The show will have to be a ratings success in order to get a back nine pickup to make a full season. ABC has also been known to order less than 22 episodes and call it a full season pickup. So Hayley's free time for other productions might be more than you think especially if Conviction doesn't do terribly well.

-- The Netflix shows are produced by ABC studios. If even a movie is picked up, then, ABC profits as well. 

--  Netflix picked up a new season of the Gilmore Girls - a show that hasn't aired a new episode since 2007. They are willing to play the long game. They  already have several series in production so saying we'll get another season but have to wait until 2018 when Infinity War premieres is fine.

--Agent Carter was produced by two women, Michelle Fazekas and Tara Butters. These women know how to make tv.  Any publicity for their work gets them more work in Hollywood and more work for women in a business where we're woefully under represented.

-Use the media boost received from the ABC cancellation - this was covered in many major media publications including "Variety"  to let the comics gods know that not all heroes have to be male, blond and buff. Heroes can be women. Heroes can be larger than a size 4. Heroes can need a crutch to walk.  We need to speak up more or we'll never get the comics we deserve. It was really funny the other day, AgentM from Marvel tweeted that if we "loved Agent Carter" he hoped we would be reading the Captain Marvel comic book series that's also written by Fazekas and Butters. And it's a great book. Agent M is a nice guy and really supportive of the fans, but this tweet highlights the problem that they don't see that there is a demand for more than one female hero - that we need Captain Marvel, Peggy Carter, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch and Ms. Marvel.  Also, he failed to point out that Fazekas and Butters will not be writing the Captain Marvel book when Civil War II starts. (That made me exceedingly cranky to think that he would believe that I'm not keeping up with who writes what book.)

If we never complain about the loss of a character, then we won't get to revisit that character in any form.  An Agent Carter of SHIELD comic would rock! But if they think we don't care who we see, then they'll never make her story a priority. 

So sign the petition. Tweet using the hashtag #SaveAgentCarter. Visit the facebook page Renew Agent Carter. Let your voice be heard. The worst thing they can say is "no." Let's make it hard for them to say it. 

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-agent-carter-bring-her-to-netflix

If you never speak up, if you never object, then it's likely you'll never get anything you want. 

• Love 3

Let me preface this link by saying that there is nothing concrete here, only rumor.  However, this is actually the second article I've seen that addresses the Netflix rumor.  The other article I saw yesterday, which I can't find right now said that a rumor had surfaced that said that Netflix would commit to an 8 episode, one season series.
Here's the most recent article I read.
http://exstreamist.com/rumor-netflix-and-marvel-exploring-agent-carter-as-an-original-series/

Reason for hope though!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SocaShoe said:

If there are any fans of Agent Carter left, we have over 111,000 signatures. We're trying to get to 120k. If you know of a forum or place that would be ok with us posting a request to help Save Agent Carter, would you post the link to the petition or let me know of where it is.... https://www.change.org/p/netflix-save-agent-carter-bring-her-to-netflix

Thanks so much guys.

Not to burst bubbles or anything, but I'm curious. Does the petition address the fact that the actress is working again already?  Admittedly she had to have shot the pilot for that new show before Agent Carter was canceled, but the timing of things suggests to me that maybe her new show got picked up specifically because the network (the same one, remember) knew she'd be available for a series commitment.

Yes. We do know. We're really not even looking for an ABC pickup. What it comes down to is this. She does have a new series. Like most new series, it will likely receive a 13 episode commitment and have to succeed or fail. The new show is in Castle's old timeslot on Mondays after Dancing with the Stars. 

But that's all they have right now. Without good ratings, they'll be no more than 13 episodes. And ABC has been known to pick up full "seasons" of shows that had no more than 16 episodes. And they still have  have eight series already waiting to premiere at midseason.   The new show, "Conviction" will air against CBS' Scorpion and NBC's "Timeless. Does it have a chance? Yes. It's got Hayley Atwell in it. Anything she does has a chance. 

But, with all the variables in the air, it seemed prudent to speak up at the time of cancellation because this is when the show got a lot of press with it being near the top of people's lists as a show that should somehow be saved. It's easier to ask now - even if the main thing we get is for both already broadcast seasons becoming available on Netflix.  All of the Marvel Netflix shows are produced by ABC Studios. And Disney, Marvel, and ABC are all the same company so if there's a deal made then schedules could be possibly coordinated.

Let's face it. ABC never really loved the show that much. It was filler for the three months AOS took off. They don't get have the promotional consideration that AOS does. They never even sent the first season to Netflix after it aired, choosing to make it only available by purchase. It's also a very serialized drama - something Ben Sherwood wants less of on his network. 

But I look at it like this, I don't expect even if we get a renewal that the show will go immediately into production. Gilmore Girls got picked up and it hasn't aired a new episode since 2007. Netflix has shown they want to play the long game.  Netflix already has a schedule of Marvel series in production but only one other show has a  female hero lead. If we show  the networks and streaming services that yes, there is a demand for female shows and more Agent Carter, then maybe when they finally talk about doing one, they'll consider Agent Carter. We've seen Peggy in the 1950s, the 1280s and after 2000. It's a show that could pick up at anytime.  And for you, it only takes a moment to sign an online petition. So why not do it?

• Love 1