Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter in the Media

Great article on Agent Carter and its renewal.  http://www.bustle.com/#/articles/81957-agent-carter-season-2-is-coming-to-abc-that-reflects-the-important-changing-landscape-of

It would be embarrassing for me to admit that I genuinely melted into my seat in relief when I saw the news that Marvel’s Agent Carter is renewed for Season 2 on ABC. I had almost give up hope that the incredibly feminist show starring Hayley Atwell as the uber popular former love interest of Captain America, Peggy Carter, was a show that anyone believed in as much as I did. While Agent Carter does have its diehard fans, the ratings for the show were soft enough that there was real doubt we would ever get to solve half of the mysteries that the show introduced during its first season. But we can now rest easy, and, even more importantly, celebrate the fact that Agent Carter’s feminism and action-packed excitement won’t be torn from us forever. However, this is not a gift that we should be taking lightly.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am very pleased that Agent Carter was renewed. The show has its flaws and was uneven, but Hayley Atwell is a delight as Peggy. I hope the showrunner takes the show in an exciting direction and gives Peggy even more challenges to overcome.

I think that Dominic Cooper is booked solid with movies, but it would be great if he would play Howard Stark as a recurring character on Agent Carter as they work to create S.H.I.E.L.D. It would also be good to have some of the more recognizable members of the Howling Commandos such as Dugan (Neal McDonough) and Gabe Jones (Derek Luke) have guest appearances throughout the season. Jones as a regular cast member would add some needed diversity to the show.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)

While the article does make some very good points in the feminist aspect of the article, I would hardly call it a great article just because this line annoyed the hell out of me: "Unlike its counterpart DC, Marvel has been notoriously slow in diversifying its roster beyond the White Males Probably Named Chris formula"

Really? How exactly has DC proven more diverse than Marvel in movies or tv? DC with their 1 movie in their cinematic universe handling diversity better than Marvel?! Ha!

When an article gets something like this so completely wrong it makes me less likely for me to take the site seriously, and just serves to make me angry. Although that may be because I'm a huge comic book/ comic book movie/ comic book tv series fan. We can tend to be an unforgiving lot.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 2

While the article does make some very good points in the feminist aspect of the article, I would hardly call it a great article just because this line annoyed the hell out of me: "Unlike its counterpart DC, Marvel has been notoriously slow in diversifying its roster beyond the White Males Probably Named Chris formula"

Really? How exactly has DC proven more diverse than Marvel in movies or tv? DC with their 1 movie in their cinematic universe handling diversity better than Marvel?! Ha!

When an article gets something like this so completely wrong it makes me less likely for me to take the site seriously, and just serves to make me angry. Although that may be because I'm a huge comic book/ comic book movie/ comic book tv series fan. We can tend to be an unforgiving lot.

I guess they mean their upcoming movies, like Suicide Squad and Batman vs Supes, although for all we know, these characters will get mere scraps of screen-time.

• Love 1

I guess they mean their upcoming movies, like Suicide Squad and Batman vs Supes, although for all we know, these characters will get mere scraps of screen-time.

Even then, Marvel still has them beat. That whole part of the article is completely mind-boggling.

Anyway, I"m glad that Agent Carter is renewed. I was putting off watching the last 3 episodes because I was sure it would be canceled and I didn't want it to end yet. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

• Love 2

Well DC does have iZombie and the upcoming Supergirl.  And while we can all agree that it was terrible, they almost had a new Wonder Woman TV show too.  If we're allowed to go back a few years, V for Vendetta had Natalie Portman as the movie's protagonist.  Also, if the rumoured Sandman film or TV show ever goes ahead, I'd imagine there'd be a strong focus on Death since she's arguably the standout character from that series.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am so ridiculously excited about this renewal!!!

I don't like to get bogged down in bean counting (or dc vs marvel) but I think marvel would win any movie comparison easily on diversity points. Tv shows...actually they would maybe tie? Idk. Dc seems to have more tv than marvel.

Edited by Shanna
  • Love 1
Tv shows...actually they would maybe tie? Idk. Dc seems to have more tv than marvel.

Marvel would win any TV comparison hands down. No, DC doesn't have more TV Shows. If we talk superheroes and superhero-related (so no iZombie, it doesn't really feel like a comic book show anyway and only borrows the concept from the comic), DC has Flash, Arrow, Gotham, and upcoming Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow (there's also Lucifer, but again, the concept seems so different it's barely recognizable). Marvel has Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Daredevil and the upcoming AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sure if this is the right thread, but the show now has a UK broadcaster. The show will be on Fox UK from next month.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-06-03/marvels-captain-america-spin-off-series-agent-carter-to-air-on-fox-in-the-uk

That's good news, but Fox UK is a cable-only channel, which means the show will be very much under the radar, won't receive much publicity and won't be widely viewed - I'm disappointed that it wasn't picked up by one of the major public broadcasters, as Agents of SHIELD was.

I'll have to check my package to find out if I can receive Fox UK - I didn't even know the channel existed!

ETA - I did email Channel 4 a while back to ask if they'd be picking up Agent Carter as a sister show to Agents of SHIELD, figuring it couldn't hurt - but received a polite reply to the negative.

Edited by Llywela
(edited)

Agent Carter cast will be at SDCC...

SDCC 2015: Marvel Television Returns to San Diego
Jun 22, 2015
http://marvel.com/news/tv/24752/sdcc_2015_marvel_television_returns_to_san_diego

FRIDAY, JULY 10:

Marvel Television Presents -- Panel Session

3:00 PM – 4:00 PM in Ballroom 20

Join the casts and producers of "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Marvel’s Agent Carter"!

SATURDAY, JULY 11

"Marvel’s Agent Carter" – Cast Signing Event

10:00 AM at the Marvel Booth (#2329)

Cast Attending: Hayley Atwell, James D’Arcy, Tara Butters (EP), Michele Fazekas (EP), Chris Dingess (EP), Louis D’Esposito (EP) and Jeph Loeb (EP)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Cast Attending: Hayley Atwell, James D’Arcy, Tara Butters (EP), Michele Fazekas (EP), Chris Dingess (EP), Louis D’Esposito (EP) and Jeph Loeb (EP)

I wonder if this means that Jarvis (D'Arcy) will be in Season 2, despite the Hollywood locale.

(edited)

Oh I am definitely buying one of those for my office! She's in my favorite outfit from the series too.

Feels weird to buy her without Jarvis or Angie though...

Edited by SnoGirl
(edited)

Wouldn't you know it - Marvel Comics is selling Agent Carter tie-in books...

Operation: S.I.N.: Agent Carter (paperback) – to be released on August 25, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/Operation-S-I-N-Carter-Marvel-Comics/dp/0785197133/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1435046110&sr=8-5&keywords=agent+carter

Marvel's Agent Carter: Season One Declassified (hardcover) – to be released on July 7, 2015
http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Agent-Carter-Season-Declassified/dp/0785197184/ref=pd_bxgy_14_text_y

Edited by tv echo

This is so cute...

Brett Dalton crashes Hayley Atwell's Panel - FLORIDA SUPERCON
Published on Jun 28, 2015, by batgirlbabs

Brett Dalton crashes Hayley Atwell's Q&A at Florida Supercon
Published on Jun 27, 2015, by bsbrock

• Love 2
(edited)

Agent Carter cast will be at SDCC...

SDCC 2015: Marvel Television Returns to San Diego

Jun 22, 2015

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24752/sdcc_2015_marvel_television_returns_to_san_diego

In addition, Hayley Atwell and James D'Arcy are doing one of Nerd HQ's Conversations for a Cause panels...

NERD HQ - SUNDAY (7/12):

11:00am - Marvel: Partners in Prime Time (Chloe Bennett, Clark Gregg, Hayley Atwell, James D'Arcy)

http://www.thenerdmachine.com/nerd-hq/conversations-for-a-cause/

Edited by tv echo

Here's coverage of the ComicCon panel:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-jeph-loeb-unveils-the-future-of-agents-of-shield-agent-carter-more

Some highlights:

• Season 2 will take place in 1947.  (I assume this means either the One-Shot - set in 1946 - is going to be pushed forward in time or taken out of continuity.)

• We will get to meet Mrs. Jarvis on-screen this season :)

• No having the cast meet real-life famous people on screen in Hollywood.

• Jarvis will already be in Hollywood "doing some contract work" when Peggy arrives.

Marvel's Agent Carter: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray and DVD will be released on Sept. 18, 2015 (according to Amazon.com)...

41i6igLAgjL.jpg

Agent Carter, The Flash, and Arrow all coming out within a week of each other.  Well that's certainly quite a bit of business Amazon is getting from me.

• Love 1

This Sunday Nerd HQ panel included Hayley Atwell, James D'Arcy, Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg...
Nerd HQ 2015: A Conversation With Marvel: Partners In Prime Time

Hayley Atwell & James D'Arcy SDCC 2015 Press Roundtables

This is hilarious...
Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter Dubsmash Standoff

• Love 2

Marvel's Agent Carter: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray and DVD will be released on Sept. 18, 2015 (according to Amazon.com)...

41i6igLAgjL.jpg

But will there be a region 2 release? Now that the show is finally airing in the UK, I can only hope so!

Well, I'll be buying that Agent Carter blu-ray, as long as it's available in the UK, of course.

I would also like to hear more about the Peggy/Skye 'ship that Hayley and Chloe floated at Nerd HQ. I think that would be relevant to my interests.

No having the cast meet real-life famous people on screen in Hollywood.

This is good. I don't really have any interest in seeing Peggy meet someone who's supposed to be Spencer Tracy or Humphrey Bogart. No need for it, and it would feel like an unnecessary distraction.

I really wish that Peggy, Angie and Jarvis were the only carry overs from the first season. I don't see any point in dragging Thompson and Sousa (Sousa especially) across country for season 2.

I don't think this has been posted here yet...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-agent-carters-atwell-darcy-on-peggys-love-life-jarvis-earning-his-ssr-stripes

In "The Winter Soldier," we're told that Cap saves Peggy's future husband in the war. You won't ever be able to tease that out, but do you know who that man is?

Atwell: I don't!

D'Arcy: I do. I can't tell you, but I do.

D'Arcy may have been kidding, but it sounded like an honest answer to the question.

Madam Masque will be the big Bad in Season 2

Tara: I think we’ve changed the look of her a bit obviously. We’ve made her an actress, which is very Hedy Lamar. She was a ‘40s siren actress who was also a scientific genius, so that’s part of what we’re mining with this character. [...]

Is it significant that the villain is a woman?

Tara: For me it is, because I feel like that is something that… as much as there are not enough female heroes just on television, I feel like having a female villain is just as equally powerful.