Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Might Feel Like It’s Time For A Change

DanaK
  • Start Topic

05/17/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : As Jack Dayton prepares to launch OR 2.0's IPO, Crockett and Grace search for data that may put a wrench in his plans. Charles helps a schizophrenic patient who's anxious about his prom. Hannah clashes with Sam Abrams when his wife becomes her patient.

(edited)

I suspect the Abrams pregnancy is a candidate for the Maury Povich show.

"Dr. Abrams you are / are not the father"

Edited by preeya
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

That pregnancy thing surprised me.  

Where is the murdering medical machine story  going?

I hope Dr. Weber’s son is alive.  Where could he be?  

Where are they going with Maggie storyline?  

I feel for Dr. Charles, but he really needs to rethink the thing with Lilianna. She’s really irrational and allowing herself to be in an abusive relationship with her brother.  Is she so naive that she doesn’t realize paying off her brother’s debt would accomplish nothing, as he’ll be back in debt quickly, with a gambling addiction.  And, where did he come from so suddenly?  Seems really contrived.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope Dr. Weber’s son is alive.  Where could he be?  

Since he's a recovering addict, it's likely that he fell off the wagon. But with this show, it will probably be something much more contrived.

• Like 1

Dr. Archer's son thinks his father is romantically involved with Dr. Asher, and he himself has developed a crush on her.  He's probably sitting at a bar consoling himself with booze,

• Like 3
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

or maybe he had an accident and they will find him as he is dying, so archer will get his kidney, but not the way it was planned

I hope the doctor can get a kidney though.  My aunt, who has lupus, has been on dialysis several years and it’s brutal.  It’s a huge deal in many ways.  

• Like 5
On 5/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, DonnaMae said:

Dr. Archer's son thinks his father is romantically involved with Dr. Asher, and he himself has developed a crush on her.  He's probably sitting at a bar consoling himself with booze,

Not just thinks his father is involved with her, but also TOLD his father he was interested, and then had his father discourage him, which I'm thinking he then thought about differently once he saw them together looking all involved. So I think he relapsed also, in ways that would also mean no kidney.

(Also related to the kidney, it wasn't just a privacy violation but a huge violation of transplant ethics overall to tell Archer his son was  a match. One reason to never do that is that the potential donor has a right to back out, and claiming they weren't a match is one way to do that. If his son ended up deciding against donating now, thinking his father was deliberately steering him away from this woman he's interested in but without owning up to seeing her himself, and says he wasn't a match as a way of getting out of it, that's now a whole big issue that wouldn't have been there if not for that violation. But then when did ethics or the law ever stop these people from doing what they want I guess.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, psychfan said:

Not just thinks his father is involved with her, but also TOLD his father he was interested, and then had his father discourage him, which I'm thinking he then thought about differently once he saw them together looking all involved. So I think he relapsed also, in ways that would also mean no kidney.

(Also related to the kidney, it wasn't just a privacy violation but a huge violation of transplant ethics overall to tell Archer his son was  a match. One reason to never do that is that the potential donor has a right to back out, and claiming they weren't a match is one way to do that. If his son ended up deciding against donating now, thinking his father was deliberately steering him away from this woman he's interested in but without owning up to seeing her himself, and says he wasn't a match as a way of getting out of it, that's now a whole big issue that wouldn't have been there if not for that violation. But then when did ethics or the law ever stop these people from doing what they want I guess.)

I’ve seen situations on the news  where family members donate kidneys.  All the parties are willingly involved so I don’t think there is a privacy issue.  They  would automatically know. Right?

i really like Dr Archer so I hope Sean is still around.  I figured they were prepping him to become an emt or a fireman since he helped with the pregnant lady last week. Thought he’d end up on chicago fire.

run Dr Charles run.  Brother’s not going to be happy that you made his sister sad.

Anyone getting a really bad feeling about the kid and the prom? ( kudos to the young actor I was feeling his nervousness during the role play)

• Like 1
On 5/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I feel for Dr. Charles, but he really needs to rethink the thing with Lilianna. She’s really irrational and allowing herself to be in an abusive relationship with her brother.  Is she so naive that she doesn’t realize paying off her brother’s debt would accomplish nothing, as he’ll be back in debt quickly, with a gambling addiction.  And, where did he come from so suddenly?  Seems really contrived.  

I hate where this is going.  They can never leave couples alone on tv shows.  Always some bad news.  I'm guessing Lilianna is all too familiar with her brother's problems.  She seems to feel obligated to pay his debts as a way to take care of him, but he's taking her down with him.  She can't just pull out of escrow without losing part of her deposit on the house.  She'll never see that gambling money again.  That's just a start.  Maybe she doesn't want Dr. Charles sucked down along with her, so she's turning down his help and pushing him away.

I have no idea where he came from.  I think I missed an episode or something.

• Like 2

Liliana introduced the guy as her brother, so, that’s what I’m going on.  Her life seemed fine until recently, working, singing at the dinner club, advocating for staff rights at hospital, dating Dr. Charles, buying a house, etc,, until suddenly her problematic brother is domineering her life.  Seems odd, imo.  The man appears to have no redeemable qualities, so he’ll likely meet his demise or get deported.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Liliana introduced the guy as her brother, so, that’s what I’m going on.  Her life seemed fine until recently, working, singing at the dinner club, advocating for staff rights at hospital, dating Dr. Charles, buying a house, etc,, until suddenly her problematic brother is domineering her life.  Seems odd, imo.  The man appears to have no redeemable qualities, so he’ll likely meet his demise or get deported.  

well, hopefully, it is him and not Dr Charles that meets with his demise. He's one of my favorites on the show and I really liked him with Liliana.  Maybe the actress decided she didn't want to continue on the show?

• Like 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, cinsays said:

well, hopefully, it is him and not Dr Charles that meets with his demise. He's one of my favorites on the show and I really liked him with Liliana.  Maybe the actress decided she didn't want to continue on the show?

I guess.  I still see it working out somehow.  That actress caught a big break getting that role. I can’t imagine walking away from that, but there could be personal reasons.  I see the brother going away and Dr. Charles and her working it out, but not for long. There are no sustained happy relationships on this show.  The writers see to that. It’s unfortunate.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess.  I still see it working out somehow.  That actress caught a big break getting that role. I can’t imagine walking away from that, but there could be personal reasons.  I see the brother going away and Dr. Charles and her working it out, but not for long. There are no sustained happy relationships on this show.  The writers see to that. It’s unfortunate.   

aha, but maybe that's the change they have coming.......a happy relationship that lasts

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

I really like Dr. Charles.  The actor in that role used to be on one of my favorite shows and it still sticks in my mind when I see him.  

Spoiler

He played Laura Linney’s husband on The Big C.  I highly recommend it.  He looks like a young man looking back now, but at the time, I thought he was a very mature man and Laura’s elder. Lol