Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Opening Night

• Start Topic

Dennis readies for Haven's launch party, but a betrayal threatens everything he's worked for; pressure rises as Mariana and Joaquin dig for more clues about Madison's whereabouts; a friend from Malika's past returns.

Holy shit. I hope Silas is a hallucination, but I fear he's really there.

Mariana's breakdown is what happens when you're suppressing your PTSD by working and caregiving. I feel bad for her, truly. 

Also, someone needs to sit Evan down and tell him the whole story, and speak up for Mariana. He might not listen, but he should at least hear it one time.

--

I know we're supposed to think that the understudy is a way to undermine Davia, but I'm shocked they don't have understudies for all the parts, especially the lead. Doesn't every show do that?

--

If the ex takes her loft, where is Malika going to stay?

--

I hope that arresting what's his name leads to a major social media campaign and public protests, then getting the charges dropped and offering him a legit opportunity to paint a mural that won't be painted over. I can't believe I can't remember the character's name. Lyric's dad. 

--

Do adults really say "I like you" in that way? It sounds to me like what tweens say. Also, I really like the sous chef. I'm a bit sad that Luca's not into her instead of the dancer, but I get that that's just how things go sometimes. The sous chef should call me!!

-- 

Dennis is in way over his head. I don't know how he'd ever get past this, and he definitely can't continue with that investor on the bank account, but he should probably expose him for theft and fraud, if the restaurant goes under because of his behavior. I don't know what kind of contract they have, though. I would think that an investor would not be on the bank account in the first place. I don't really understand the way they've set that up. 

--

Alice gets a win, but it's not the kind she wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Holy shit. I hope Silas is a hallucination, but I fear he's really there.

Nah. It's definitely Evan. He's the one who's there, and he's the one who said "Hi, Mariana." When the show comes back, we'll see that he's suddenly remembered everything, but Mariana is freaking out and seeing Silas everywhere. You heard it here first!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Poor Mariana. She really needs some kind of break. But at least it seems the Bulk Beauty girls really were looking out for her. For a second I thought they were going to say they'd replaced her.

Wow, I know Dennis's partner was shady, but gambling aways Dennis's father's money is really low. I have a feeling his father won't be so nice when he hears about this. 

Wasn't there a scene in the beginning making it look like Malika was going to lose the women's center? Or was that a carryover from last week?

Alice should not feel guilty if the network wants to give her some kind of job over the old guys. First, it is because of the video she had the idea to make. Second, they are all about to retire and seem pretty done anyway. Third, it's just business and she barely knows them. Alice is always too nice for her own good. Also, I can't believe they could have found so many people who are into ferrets.

• Like 2

I was surprised about the ferret fans, too. But I am guessing that ferret fans don't get much in the way of media recognition, so they'd be very enthusiastic about any they get. Maybe Alice went to the internet and told people in a ferret group what she was doing, and they told her where to find them-- maybe a pet supply shop? There are also ferret rescues-- I knew someone who had ferrets years ago, and she told me all about it. I've actually known a few people with ferrets as pets. It doesn't seem like Alice found enough to get the show un-cancelled. We only saw a few interviews, to be honest. She might have had 10 people or even fewer, for all we know.

• Like 1

What’s with the other guy, (not Braden), from Davia’s play? The one kind of always lurking around and staring at her and Braden? I don’t know how I’m supposed to interpret what’s going on with him. Is he in love with Davia? With Braden? Is he just nosy? 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, possibilities said:

It doesn't seem like Alice found enough to get the show un-cancelled. We only saw a few interviews, to be honest. She might have had 10 people or even fewer, for all we know.

No, I don't think they did find enough. You need serious fan campaigns to get a show uncancelled.

But I think maybe the network was impressed by Alice and wants to give her some other job. 

• Like 1

I also thought Evan will return to his previous self the moment Mariana gets with Joaquin-- that's how TV rolls. I was glad Joaquin turned away from her kiss. She's in no shape to be starting something, and also, it's just really a mess. First time in a while that I've liked Joaquin.

• Like 2

I thought the episode went way too dramatic, even for this show.

Still confused how Dennis, after being a hot shot wall street guy doesn't know how to run a business. Also, the restaurant looks way too cool. I have no idea of how much it cost to open a place like that but I can speculate that it is much more than that one shady investor had.

The Davia drama was the worst. First, she is crying because a show has an understudy, than playing naive when her co-actor tries to kiss her. And yes, shows that can afford professional actors do have understudies because they cannot simply cancel a performance because an actor got sick or whatever. I don't think we actually know how professional that musical is though. But it is not unheard of to have someone to step in if needed. Davia should know that

I don't want Luca to be arrested, there is already too much drama in his story. What is the point, really? Unless the dancer girlfriend has connections with the cops and can get charges ignored. I also noticed that the dancer's hair looked as awful as Joaquin's sister's hair. What is going on in the hair and make up department of this show?

I am kind of  even more annoyed with Mariana. She is such a child. Why can't she act like an adult and sit down with Evan, explain what happened, tell him that the other guy is the one plotting against him, tell him to stop being a dick and appreciate that she did what he wanted her to do even though he never even consulted her about the power of attorney thing. It is so ridiculous that these people act like teenagers in a high school drama. I like Evan but they are assassinating the character. Now we have another Mariana PTSD story - didn't this happen in The Fosters? 

Malika, rescuing stray people. Then we will have Malika who doesn't know if she is poly, bi, lesbian or what. Rinse, repeat.

I also think that Alice will get a job but only her, not the old guys. And I have a feeling she will initially reject the job because she also has a martyr complex. 

I guess this is the end of the first half of the season? Cliffhanger? I will speculate based on nothing other than why not? that it is Silas, then Evan will come to the rescue because he remembers everything, then the PTSD will disappear because love conquers all. Or substitute Evan by Joaquin and extended the polt to ta triangle because everybody loves Mariana. Recycled boring plots