Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Take Two Yellows and Go to Bed

• Start Topic

(edited)
30 minutes ago, pennben said:

Hmmm, thought we were about to see how they were thinning the cast down for next season there at the end. 

Same. I was also a little concerned before that with Dottie drunk at Christina’s place

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 4

Another good episode. The only thing I didn't like was the new manger's (forgot his name) attitude about weeding out the older employees.  If that was the case, Bob then can fire him and Goodwin.  

What happened to all the fun coloured compressed socks? I mean all we have seen lately are black and tans.

Hope they don't weed out Dottie.

• Like 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

The only thing I didn't like was the new manger's (forgot his name) attitude about weeding out the older employees.  If that was the case, Bob then can fire him and Goodwin.  Hope they don't weed out Dottie.

It was actually a pretty balanced presentation of the values and drawbacks of older employees, but I wish they had come up with a creative punchline about how age-based firing and retirement policies generally don't benefit the company.
If there was such a punchline, I missed it.

Wati makes Goodwin look kinder and gentler in comparison.

13 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I too thought Dottie was a goner given the news about the cast being cut back.

Ohhh. The bit about spacing out Dottie and Bob's lunch meetings was an inside joke!
Right.
Christine Ebersole is going to probably only be seen once a month next season.
I guess we're supposed to take away that we should savour Dottie's appearances like Bob was savoring his pastrami? Or were his slow, savored bits just a PSA on better eating habits?

But, yeah, they did fake us out with Dottie's health. 
Maybe Christine Ebersole has an offer to do something else?
I could totally see her starring in a Golden Girls reboot or another show on Broadway.

Travis Wolfe Jr (Dele) has become masterful at responses that consist solely of facial expressions. 
He's one actor who should probably jump at an offer elsewhere to advance his career.

IDK. All these season finales across the various networks seem to have hints that the writers were expecting the strike (which they were) and wanted to leave traces of that awareness in what might be the last episode of a series that was renewed for another season.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3

Wati is an even worse character than Goodwin ! If they want to cut the cast, start with him. He adds nothing to the show, what a stick in the mud. While there's nothing wrong with working a lot and doing a good job, there's more to life than that. 

If they cut any of Bob's family from the show, I think they'll be sorry. Dottie has great lines and adds a lot to the show. Goodwin and Wati don't add anything, imo, except maybe ticking off the viewers.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Goodwin's casual enthusiasm about using, abusing and mistreating workers was a cute joke the first 3 times they made it. At this point it's just exhausting and distasteful. Such a hateable character. If they must write someone off, he better be first. Wati & Ebun can go too.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Goodwin's casual enthusiasm about using, abusing and mistreating workers was a cute joke the first 3 times they made it. At this point it's just exhausting and distasteful. Such a hateable character. If they must write someone off, he better be first. Wati & Ebun can go too.

Well, with everybody but the 2 leads cut to recurring with 5 episodes max, you’ll get your wish on seeing less of the characters

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Well, with everybody but the 2 leads cut to recurring with 5 episodes max, you’ll get your wish on seeing less of the characters

I know. Great news. But the show will probably end next season anyway. I just hope they wrap it up well.

Edited by Harvey
  • Useful 1

The guy from the Malaysia factory is the worst why was he added to the cast he’s a waste of time. I don’t find him and Goodwin joking about abusing employees funny. Goodwin was a bit better before but I can’t stand him now.

Bob’s whole thing by bringing the factory back was to give ppl good jobs etc. Why would he keep 2 ppl who are the opposite of that hired.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Now I really want a pastrami sandwich.  I can't get a good juicy one unless I journey to the Lower East Side (e.g., Katz's, famous for scene with Meg Ryan's big O). 

If I had a Katz's sandwich right now I'd be just like Bob eating it!

Speaking of the writer's strike, when I saw the writers on the picket lines on the news the other day I thought, "So these are the people responsible for the crappy writing on most shows these days and yet they think they deserve a raise?".  I'm sure I don't know enough about their plight to think that but I couldn't help it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I would hate to see Bob's mother go. She is a good character. Bob's family, I think, will fade away. Why? His family has merit here; yes, many of the "outer" characters can go. Dottie has great lines and should be a regular part of the cast IMO.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I would hate to see Bob's mother go. She is a good character. Bob's family, I think, will fade away. Why? His family has merit here; yes, many of the "outer" characters can go. Dottie has great lines and should be a regular part of the cast IMO.

I hope they don't let anyone fade away.  I thought they were going stagger their appearances more so they don't all appear in every episode.  It's probably what they should have been doing all along.  There are a lot of little 30 second "cameos" of some of them in episodes that don't need to be there.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 5/16/2023 at 4:39 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

Now I really want a pastrami sandwich.  I can't get a good juicy one unless I journey to the Lower East Side (e.g., Katz's, famous for scene with Meg Ryan's big O). 

I'm in the NYC area and Katz's has been on my mind for awhile now. While their pastrami is excellent, I'm a juicy Brisket of Beef man, heavy on the Mustard (and extra pickles, of course).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm in the NYC area and Katz's has been on my mind for awhile now. While their pastrami is excellent, I'm a juicy Brisket of Beef man, heavy on the Mustard (and extra pickles, of course).

I literally just had a conversation with my husband about a trip we're planning to our hometown (NYC) and how we want to include a trip to Katz's.  We usually order one pastrami and one brisket sandwich on rye and split them.  Pastrami takes mustard while Brisket takes coleslaw and Russian dressing.  With a side of fries, of course and for me, full sour pickles.  He gets half sour.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1