Type keyword(s) to search

S15.W02 (E05-09)

• Start Topic

Well, that was a weird elimination.  I guess at least we know why there were a couple of random contestant absences in the first week - a COVID wave.  And I can't say I really missed having to hear "WAAAAAAAAAOOWWW!" with Kath being on the sick list.

Got a good laugh tonight when in round 2, contestants and Mel were asking Robbie with a lot of urgency, "Is your fish cooked?  IS YOUR FISH COOKED?!"  Robbie, somewhat surprised: "Yeah" as in, what are you all panicking about? 😂

Shame for Andrea to be the first booted, but I suppose someone has to be and his dish was definitely the worst of the three in the second round.  

• Like 1

S15•E05 - Childhood Memories Elimination

Andrea dude, water in Nutella??? How you even passed the audition? You deserve to be the 1st one out. Sorry not sorry.

Amy finally gets some airtime and spends half of it laughing. Why? Caramel dumplings? Yeah, nope.

On a shallow note, Adi needs an introduction to a strapless bra.

And Robbie needs to learn about the magic of pressure cooker. His glossy fish curry, OMG, it looks so delish. Yumm! 🤤💕   

8B301F0E-B3B3-4B9D-89C3-CF6628C7C5CA.jpeg

• Like 1

S15•E06 - Poh Ling Yeow Mystery Box Challenge

Grace looks lovely in that hairstyle. 💕

Poh, what’s with that frumpy frock??!

Robbie’s first pasta/carbonara, bravo!👏🏻

We are spared from Waaow Cath but there’s Giggling Amy 2 days in a row. Ugh.

Phil has way too much airtime for his basic desserts - brownie & ice cream.

Can Malissa cook other than Italian? TBH, her cannoli has led me to some unapologetically sexy imaginations…

🤣🤣🤣    

1AD78304-EDC9-4C9E-A266-67D79F90D636.jpeg

• Wink 1

Might have known that Larissa's OMG SECRET SOOPER DOOPER MORE POWER THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!! advantage would have to be used the week after she got it.  No surprise there as the same thing happens with every immunity pin that gets given out.

I was hoping the choux might trip up our friend WAAAOOOWWW, so of course it turns out she's actually good at it!

The COVID outbreak happened so early in the show that I hadn't quite got my head around who was off sick and who wasn't so there was a bit of, "Who is that person again?" in tonight's challenge.

Emilia is always good value.  Not sure if I misheard but did she say she was pregnant again?

• Like 1

There are too many contestants at this stage and some people are rarely featured so it's always like "Who dis?" when you see them.

I like Robbie and there are a couple of others that I don't mind. I find myself not keen on Andrea (rightfully eliminated), the Irish guy Phil (?), Grace (the East Asian who is going against their current career to go to food), and Cath who annoyed me a lot with her constant whinging "someone took the figs" and "i don't like this ingredient" and the "WAAAOWW"

It's been too much pasta.

• Like 2

S15•E07 - Emelia Jackson’s Choux Pastry Elimination Challenge

Ralph looking dapper on the gantry today!

This challenge is kind of boring for me especially with 2-rounds of choux making. But Emelia does share some good tips:

🔸 Always say NO, undersell, over-deliver.

🔸 Keep things simple & do every element perfectly.

Waaow Cath still not feeling well. Her voice is still nasal yet she talks a lot.

Alice tends to overthink and is quite uptight especially with her KISS mantra. Just chill like Robbie and try to have fun in the kitchen.

Larissa and the judges give an Oscar-worthy performance towards the end. The goodbyes seem so genuine! 😆

Looking forward to tomorrow’s service challenge.

2 hours ago, Athena said:

Grace (the East Asian who is going against their current career to go to food).

That’s Alice - the Harvard/Stanford lady who loves tea.

Grace is the olive oil lady who made the savory waffles yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was very afraid the Blue Team's fish was going to be full of bones or something because the editors tried so hard to foreshadow a problem with all that talk about how many fish would need to be pin-boned and they showed Ralph doing a shocking job of filleting one of the fish. But then someone on the Green Team put WAAOOW in charge of counting portions of pork and Blue were never going to lose. 

I wonder when Larissa will be making her surprise comeback?

• Like 1
(edited)

S15•E08 - Featured Ingredients Service Challenge

Is it the editing or Sashi is really more hands-on and attentive than Matt?

Another killer curry from Robbie. It’s refreshing to see Declan and Robbie working together so calmly in their fish universe, no drama whatsoever.

Adi nearly kills Sashi with her salty pickled cucumber! Then she takes credit of their cucumber entrée by saying “the dish I created “. Girl, it’s the teamwork. You don’t even help Jess with that 80 prawns. 🙄

Is Cath really bad at math or just a post-Covid brain fog?

Mel looks lovely in that Alice McCall mini dress, it suits her petite figure. 

3 hours ago, katisha said:

I wonder when Larissa will be making her surprise comeback?

Next Sunday's elimination.

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Useful 1

Usual nice quick episode since I always forward through the "challenge the chef" section.  Didn't think it was going to end up in an immunity pin and so it proved.

Antonio, can you PLEASE teach Dylan how to say "quesadilla" and "tortilla" for the sake of those of us cringing at home?  

I can't say any of the contestants have really "grabbed" me yet and made me want to see them succeed, but that's probably because in the early part of the competition sometimes they shove certain people down our throats *cough*Cath*cough*, usually because that person doesn't hang around long (well, we can only hope!).  So I'm hoping one of the many who are currently fading into the background will get a chance to strut their stuff soon.

• Like 2
(edited)

S15•E09 - Immunity Challenge with Darren Robertson

Can Darren replace Andy in MCAU? I love his voice and personality. He’s easy on the eyes too.

Shannon shows up with a blazer today but mate, you still need a new stylist!

Adi and her shenanigans seem to be getting a lot of airtime this week. Will she be booted off soon? I hope she learns from Mel on how to open a jar.

Do you really believe Declan as this sweet, naive boy who’s struggling to pronounce certain foods? Nahh, I don’t.

Am surprise the judges don’t say anything to Malissa about not making her own bread. And ohh, is something going on between Phil and Malissa? I can sense some degrees of attraction there. 🤨

Theo mentions about not wanting to look like an idiot in the kitchen. And my immediate response is - “just get rid off that silly cap, mate”.

Julie Goodwin and overexcited Cath - not something that I look forward to see. Hmm. 😏  

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Do you really believe Declan as this sweet, naive boy who’s struggling to pronounce certain foods? Nahh, I don’t.

Not at all! I think he's trying for the "I'm just a dumb tradie who likes to cook for my mates" angle but it's so obvious that he's not that person!

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, katisha said:

Not at all! I think he's trying for the "I'm just a dumb tradie who likes to cook for my mates" angle but it's so obvious that he's not that person!

Yeah, Daniel Lamble’s vibe with some sprinkles of Hayden Quinn.

Get him away from uncle Robbie!!! 🤣 

• LOL 2