Type keyword(s) to search

S13: Fashion Week Discussion

• Start Topic

Just found the link to this year's PR fashion show.  if you want to see it here is the link.

http://www.stylebistro.com/runway/New+York+Fashion+Week+Spring+2015

holy moley - those models look rough!  Was it the Mary Kay makeup?  One of Kini's was also just way too skinny, and I say that having looked at all the other models who were also skinny, but there was that one in the black dress that almost looked like she might have scurvy or something.  I'm surprised I didn't like his collection more.

I didn't really like anyone's collection, although I could pick out at least 1-2 things I liked in most collections.  

My favorite collection was Char's.  

And add me to the people who wish they all had to have that "wow!" piece.  It was almost always a gown, and it was always my favorite part.  Some of the collections look like they just sort of slapped some clothes on the nearest homeless woman.

And what the hell was up with the eyes on Alexander's models?  That made an already bad situation worse.

• Love 1

Sandhya's models looked like they were eating Sno-Cones beforehand.  I really like Fade's collection.  I think his pieces would do well as separates.

I liked Fade's collection the best, too.  

Interesting to look at Korina's again now that we know she's a decoy.  The one-hour dress that finally got her aufed is that  same color blocking in leather (well,on the show it was some kind of plastic or vinyl) that she did for her finale collection.  So was she making a point with her decoy show, or is that part of what she does? 

Interesting to look at Korina's again now that we know she's a decoy.  The one-hour dress that finally got her aufed is that  same color blocking in leather (well,on the show it was some kind of plastic or vinyl) that she did for her finale collection.  So was she making a point with her decoy show, or is that part of what she does?

I think making a point. There's not a lot in her previous work that looks like it. Then, she also made two pieces with the exact silhouette of the Yeti outfit.

You know, I just glanced at her friends and family page after I checked her portfolio (she also has past collections on her website). About half the pictures are of Korina by herself.

I think making a point. There's not a lot in her previous work that looks like it. Then, she also made two pieces with the exact silhouette of the Yeti outfit.

You know, I just glanced at her friends and family page after I checked her portfolio (she also has past collections on her website). About half the pictures are of Korina by herself.

Well, according to her facebook post, much to the "dismay" of PR fans Korina is very close friends with all the other designers.  I'm sure with her sunny disposition, carefree nature , kind demeanor and witty quips she is a friend magnet.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

Would you want to be the one to tell Korina you're not her very close friend?

It just seems like a shame. It's not as if anyone's going to be lining up to pay for a collection for her to show on Fashion Week. Why waste the opportunity on a temper tantrum?

• Love 2

Would you want to be the one to tell Korina you're not her very close friend?

It just seems like a shame. It's not as if anyone's going to be lining up to pay for a collection for her to show on Fashion Week. Why waste the opportunity on a temper tantrum?

Touche!

After that display on the runway, in the green room, I wouldn't want to tell her much of anything....she looks like she could be a biter.

I think you bring up a good point, and I don't get why she persisted in the behavior, I understand a momentary flash of frustration and anger, but geez.  She isn't 10, she is almost 30, at that age you should have a little self control.  But, for arguments sake, lets just say her behavior was borne out of anger, frustration, low blood sugar, lack of sleep, and hunger.  Allright, fine, but then you're given the chance to come back, after getting at least a day or two of sleep, and without the stress of the competition.  At that point, I would think she would realize that she behaved like a massive asshole and would use the opportunity to try to begin to repair her image.  But it looks like she gets upset next week too!  Thats crazy to me!  But I'm hoping I'm reading the preview wrong, and she walks off in a huff because someone hit her in the face with a door or something.

I mean unless the production team went to her room and told her that if she made a big stink when she came back to help Char they would reward her with a place on the next season of All Stars, I just don't get it.

But it looks like she gets upset next week too!  That's crazy to me!

In real time, isn't the next competition the next day? So probably it was less than 24 hours between her elimination and when she found out she'd have to go back and assist one of the other designers. I bet as soon as she was eliminated, they took her off to wherever they keep the eliminated designers, where she probably continued to rant and went to bed still angry. Then the next morning, even if she'd managed to calm herself a little, she found out she had to go back and assist a member of the group she was just eliminated from, and started to boil again. So now she had to revisit the scene of this horrific injustice and was expected to suck it up and do her best to help someone else win? I'm sure her mind immediately went to Char. Just the thought of helping Char do anything probably had her fuming before she even got to Parsons. Then she got to the workroom and yep, they'd paired her with Char.  Given what we've seen of Korina's character, there is little chance that less than 24 hours after her elimination, she had the wherewithal and maturity to suck it up and be both professional and gracious. Frankly, I'd be surprised if all she did was stomp out.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Korina stormed in on the eliminated designers. I suspect she got a lot less sympathy than she felt she deserved. And I'd bet money she asked that same question "Did anyone think I would be eliminated today? Anyone?" And that she got the same exact response. Dead silence. Dead silence, and a few people silently doing a happy dance because that hack Korina finally got the boot.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

In real time, isn't the next competition the next day? So probably it was less than 24 hours between her elimination and when she found out she'd have to go back and assist one of the other designers. I bet as soon as she was eliminated, they took her off to wherever they keep the eliminated designers, where she probably continued to rant and went to bed still angry. Then the next morning, even if she'd managed to calm herself a little, she found out she had to go back and assist a member of the group she was just eliminated from, and started to boil again. So now she had to revisit the scene of this horrific injustice and was expected to suck it up and do her best to help someone else win? I'm sure her mind immediately went to Char. Just the thought of helping Char do anything probably had her fuming before she even got to Parsons. Then she got to the workroom and yep, they'd paired her with Char.  Given what we've seen of Korina's character, there is little chance that less than 24 hours after her elimination, she had the wherewithal and maturity to suck it up and be both professional and gracious. Frankly, I'd be surprised if all she did was stomp out.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Korina stormed in on the eliminated designers. I suspect she got a lot less sympathy than she felt she deserved. And I'd bet money she asked that same question "Did anyone think I would be eliminated today? Anyone?" And that she got the same exact response. Dead silence. Dead silence, and a few people silently doing a happy dance because that hack Korina finally got the boot.

It probably is.  I guess I'm one of those types that in certain situations I get super heated and pissy, and then I'm just as fast to cool off.  A good sleep, and the stress of the competition off my mind I think I would have seen the world in a whole new light.  And I think, even at 28, I would have been in salvage mode.  But then again, after I've had some time, and I cool off, I can see how poorly I've behaved.  I'm not sure if thats where the disconnect is, maybe she felt like that was a well reasoned and appropriate response, and so there was nothing to salvage.  Although even if she thought her reaction was fair, everyone elses response to her tirade should have told her that no one else really thought it was awesome.  And she should have known, if she ever watched PR before in her life that they were gonna use that beautiful bean footage on the show.  No one has gone quite that nuts in this season and they were getting towards the end.  Hernan/Carrie vs. Shandaya was a mere blip by comparison.  I've seen PR, they do always have a villain.  They probably pre-cast a number of cast members hoping that one of them will do something nuts.  I don't think anyone saw Ken's clothing and really thought he was doing big things for fashion, but they need a villain, and he was the sort who just might give them the big blow up they needed.  With that in mind, even if I was still upset, knowing that they were going to use that footage, and seeing what an obvious producer set up it is having her work with Char, I would have thought she would have seen working with Char as the chance to 1) salvage her reputation and 2) piss off the producers by not giving them any more good footage of her acting poorly.

And BTW production, I would have appreciated some cricket sound effects when Korina kept asking the room if anything thought she would be eliminated.

Given the order they presented, I think it’s fairly obvious that we are looking at a F4 of Amanda, Sean, Char and Kini. Sorry Emily, but you are yet another victim of the favoritism toward Char.

From least to most favorite:

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Char’s collection at first glance because it had potential. However, there was something I actively disliked about every look. And if she had removed the element that I dislike from each one, she’d be left with boring clothing going down the runway, not fashion. The print and early use of blue are nice, but the looks themselves don’t have enough relation shapewise to the other looks to remain cohesive. 4/10.

Alexander started and ended strong, as the blouse/pant combo and off-the-shoulder blouse and fringe skirt were strong looks. With everything inbetween, I get where he’s trying to go, but they all fell flat by being either unflattering or straight-up boring. Nice to see what “one of the most talented designers Tim Gunn’s ever met” has to offer. 5/10.

Kini’s collection is a extremely disappointing. I love the cohesion and use of wearable separates, but some of the pleating looks dated (1st, 8th, 9th), the proportion of the shoulders makes the models look boxy (9th, 10th), and the only look I truly enjoyed was the denim dress with white shoulders. Everything else bores me. 5/10.

Emily's collection was one of my most anticipated, so color me disappointed. The only look I truly dislike is the first dress (proportions – yikes!), but the following 6 looks (green top and print skirt excepted) all have redeeming elements alongside proportion problems that I’m not feeling. Her last 3 looks are beautiful – the silver dress and white jacket and sheer silver top/skirt are absolute perfection, and although I’m not a fan of the sheer romper in the finale look, the coat is stunning. 6/10.

This is the first time I started to “get” Sandhya’s aesthetic: her opening dress, short dress with characters, yellow and blue top/skirt and especially her LBD are stunning and make genius use of odd combinations and graphic lettering. That said, her collection lacks cohesiveness and is all over the place. I like, but find extraneous, her use of mesh “shells” on her final two looks, and find her 2nd, 3rd, and 6th looks very dull departures from her inventiveness that neither add to or merge the collection’s disparate parts. 6/10.

Sean took two trends I’m not fond of – nightgowns and heavy fringe – and managed to bang out three stellar looks. I love the opening look, the draped dress with sleeves, and the closing orange gown. The rest is varying shades of “meh”, but I can admit that it’s largely because I just don’t like the aesthetic. It is overall a decent collection. 6/10.

I liked every piece in Amanda’s collection. That said, I wish she hadn’t went with the camel and black/white print to tie the collection together as they work much better in some looks than others. She improved some of the ideas she fleshed out during the show (vests, volume, slouchy pants) and managed to make a modern retro collection without using any fringe! My favorite looks include #4 (slouchy jumpsuit shorts) and the blue finale gown. 7/10.

I am impressed by how effortlessly Korina married her moto jacket fetish with her Southwestern influences. Some of the shapes skew little house on the prairie (2nd, 6th), and I would have cut the teal entirely (royal blue, yellow and red make a great color story), but this collection has some very strong looks (1st, 3rd, and 10th in particular). 8/10.

Dear Sandhya: this is how you make a bold statement using type. Fade’s collection is wearable, cool, and beautiful. It manages to look young without losing any sophistication. Aside from the orange tank/blue skirt (look 5) this collection got 7s and 8s across the board from me. The breakaway look is the orange/red/grey dress, and the model in look 9 summarizes the collection perfectly: fun, but still beautiful. 9/10.

So I guess my favorite of everybody left competing is Amanda’s, but decoy collections tend to be stronger so I shouldn’t be surprised. I will also accept a win from Sean, but Char and Kini’s collections left me very cold.

• Love 1

Judging the collections is mostly subjective, but fit and craftsmanship have a place. I can't get past the horrible fit of Amanda's beige trousers.  Who did she make that crotch for?  All I see in Char's collection is the kind of cheap look and poor fit from a mall store marketing inexpensive, junior clothing.   Kini didn't exactly knock it out of the park, particularly with that last outfit that looks like he put a carton over the model's shoulders and finished it off with a giant panty.  Everyone else had some some interesting things.  At least they appear to be fitted and finished properly.  I was most surprised to find I liked much of Sandhya's collection considering how much I disliked everything she made up until her auf.  It seems unlikely at this point that the final three won't be Sean, Amanda, and Kini...if a final four, the likelihood of that person being Emily is slim considering how she's been judged until now.  

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 2

I got bored to I decided to go look up the decoy collections and finalist collections from Fashion Week. I seriously don't get Emily. She's made some things that were alright for the show but her collection was both unflattering and not terribly practical or wearable. Who is that for? It wasn't like giant spikes uncomfortable but more like... hmn, that's unfortunate. It looks like you put together an outfit from Goodwill like in one of those horrible ANTM challenges where the hamsters have five minutes to dress themselves.

I think Fade's collection was trying to be a little too clever without actually making a statement but his "No Thanks" shirt made me laugh.

Kini's collection feels minimal and not very much like him at all. A lot of the pieces give me a very... French vibe. I get all those brands mixed up. Maje, Sandro, etc.

I thought Alexander might have gotten fan favorite support from his collection. Nope. It's just as bland and poorly made.

Amanda's clothes are kind of not awful. Not great. But not bad. Basically, any piece where the print is doing most of the work actually comes off OK. There are also really questionable bulbous dresses because you know, it's still Amanda.

Char made quite a few interesting fabric choices. Even if the fabric's doing most of the work, it's better than a lot of what she's shown this season. I can't even tell if that's a compliment or not.

Korina's collection really looks like a finalist's collection. You can see the work and also the money in either the faux or real leather. It looks like she ran with her American Girl outfit. It's very polished with a lot of primary colors, black and white but it's not just a riff on the 60's.

There are some presentable un-Sandhya-like pieces in her collection.

Black, white, fringe. Yup, that's Sean. He bores me but he's definitely got a finalist collection.

Based on the collections, I'd guess that Amanda is a finalist. I'm worried about Kini. I think he either didn't make it or he fell apart when he had all the time to make his collection. Amazingly, they might have carried Char through. Sean definitely looks like he has a finalist collection and I'm super suspicious about this week's episode because Korina's collection looks like a finalist collection as well.

• Love 1
Korina's collection looks like a finalist collection as well.

I love Korina's collection - I have it almost on par with Fade's as my favorite. But unfortunately decoy collections looking more luxe and expensive than the finalist collections is pretty common (see also: Bert, Laura, Kara, Elena).

As it stands, I am pulling for Amanda for both personality and strength of collection, but I am still not particularly blown away by hers - it's just the best of the designers still in the competition. I am expecting a Sean win even though I think his collection is boring and shows very little growth, but it's certainly better than Kini and Char's efforts.

On a spoiler-y note, the presentation order leaves little question that Emily will be axed this week. The only remaining question is whether we have a F3 of Char/Sean/Kini or a F4 including Amanda. I, obviously, am hoping for the latter.

Did you mean Laura Bennett? She was a finalist. There were no decoys in season three.

Apologies, I should have added the "Kathleen" to indicate S9 Laura, but I hate the name "Laura Kathleen" and tend to omit it.

• Love 1

So after last night's episode, I finally went over and re-viewed finale collections of the four finalists.

Kini's was meh for me. It's almost as bad, IMHO, as season 12 when I was sooooo looking forward to Bradon's collection based on what he had done all season during the show and then when his finale collection came out, I was WTF'ing all over the place. Neither Kini or Bradon, for that matter, were terrible, they just weren't inspired at all.

I guess I liked Amanda's best of all, but I'm not sure how complimentary that is in the context of these finalists. Although, that blue leather bodice dress? Is the loose fit part of her esthetic or did it just not fit well? You could definitely tell it was her stuff though, and it was on a par with what's she's shown us all season, I thought, so at least I wasn't necessarily disappointed.

Sean, aka Fringey McFringerton: UGH. I've not made any secret of my dislike for his designs and his finale collection really didn't change that for me. I think he, personally, is cute, but his designs, not so much. Orange, black and white for the colour scheme? Orange is so hard to wear for most people anyway and there was so much of it. And so much fringe. It's like that car wash dress win made such an indelible impression on him that he has to put fringe on everything now. It's worse than Kayne and Joshua McKinley wanting to bedazzle everything!!

Last but not least: Char. Shouldn't even have been in the finale. I think her stuff is hoochie. I'm sorry; I know that's probably not a popular opinion, but I think there's a taste level that's sorely lacking. I know it's supposed to be an urban look, but Kimberly G and Emilio both did urban and managed to keep it interesting and classy.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just keep thinking that they may be setting up Char for the win. What a victory that would be for Tim (cause after all, he didn't actually SAVE Michelle; he just insisted they should give her another chance until they listened)...

I guess, based on these collections and the episodes of the show as they unfolded, I'm pulling for Amanda.

Bring on season 14!!!!

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 3

After watching last night's show, It struck me that Alexander's decoy collection could overlap into Sean's real collection.  Some things Alexander did that mimic Sean: Collarless baseball-style jacket, off-the-shoulder, fringe and a stiff, white dress that has exaggerated hips.  Sadly, I don't think Alexander had an original thought in his little bobble head, so I guess "being inspired" by many of Seans designs was a compliment.   Not that he copied Sean, but nobody elses collections had so many similar things. 

I'm pulling for Amanda also, though I don't think she'll beat Kini or Sean.  I think Char is definitely auffe'd next week. 

Edited by leighdear

Have you seen Malan's wiki page? If it's the right one, damn. Producers got lucky with that find.

Let's not forget that Malan was the 2nd contestant to get the auf his season.  When I think back to the overall caliber of designers in the earlier seasons it just makes this latest season that more disappointing.  It's either the pool they have to choose from that sucks or they need to be chosen by people with a better eye for design/construction. 

• Love 1

On a spoiler-y note, the presentation order leaves little question that Emily will be axed this week. The only remaining question is whether we have a F3 of Char/Sean/Kini or a F4 including Amanda. I, obviously, am hoping for the latter.

Heidi already said in an interview during Fashion Week that there was a final four this season so Char, Amanda, Kini, and Sean are all in the running. 

That's true. Regardless though, I think all former designers add something before and after their turn on the show. I think contestants like Malan and Elise(?) and Terri, (IIRC) all of whom were pretty reputable before PR, got on the show in the first place to lend credibility to the show. I think their oustings was also a way of showing that the competition is just that tough. I don't think PR attracts designers like that anymore, if they do, they certainly aren't casting them.

Why do they cry about not going to fashion week when they know they are as decoys? Do he hey think we don't know?

What an uninspiring show on everyone's part. Kini, without the challenges, was just as drab as could be expected. He's no visionary. Char is hoochie, I agree. Some of Sandhyias stuff was nice but all she made, ALL, were shift dresses. You've got to be able to make more than one thing. Disappointed in Sean, I've loved his stuff, but fringe went way overboard. Fade, drab. Amanda, dull. Honestly, I think they should do what the pulitzers do from time to time and declare that there are no winners.

• Love 2

Don't the decoy collections walk in front of an audience?  Whether or not they are in the final three or four of Project Runway, would there be no value to being one of the decoys and having their collection shown anyway?  I agree this doesn't seem like the greatest group of designers, but there some outfits among the decoys that seem like they might perk someone's interest, or at least give the designer permission to say they appeared on the runway there. Maybe I've misunderstood the whole decoy thing, but it seems to me there is some value (not monetary) to having your outfits shown.

The best thing about this video is watching Fade break loose and dance:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTvGcHMV7As .

I apologize for the video embedding. I can't seem to just put the link in without it showing the video. If that's not permitted, my apologies to the moderator....perhaps they could explain how to fix it?

Edited by dialyn

I think the folks casting this show used to have one checklist, with all fashion & design related items they could check off if a potential would be a good contestant.  Like prior fashion experience, good use of color in garments, good technical execution, originality, wearing their own designs to the interview, etc.

But now I think they have 2 checklists and the 2nd is for the character.  Do they have past mental issues, do they have multiple tattoos, do they dress out of a dumpster, do they rant & rave, do they have an enormous ego with nothing to back it up, etc.

And I think now they're casting from the 2nd checklist instead of the 1st. 

• Love 1

I was just looking through the fashion week photos again.  Tell me that the pattern on  Amanda's maxi in shades of blue doesn't look like a Russia nesting doll wearing a bathing suit. 

Now that we know the actual finalists, I went back and re-examined the runway photos.

I hate to say I'd put Kini #4, because everything he's showing looks so ordinary, at least to me, and I'm no fashion maven. Char's and Amanda's seem on a par, maybe? I don't like Char's blue dress, but I don't care for several of Amanda's shapes, so that evens out. I guess that leaves Sean as the one I'd bet on to win, not that I feel any great enthusiasm about it. It's cohesive, that's for sure. I'm probably biased toward his collection because I do love orange, and I think fringe must be a lot of fun to wear when it's used like that--that is, long and swingy.

Sigh. It's all "fine," but not much more than that, and maybe it feels that way because of the lack of wow.

If they really only had three weeks, then I'm not blaming any of the designers for putting on a show that fails to live up to past shows. They should probably be praised for managing to do as well as they have done.

This year, they should (almost) all be awarded Endurance & Grace Under Pressure Medals.

Edited by picklesprite
  • Love 1

Apparently, they only had 3 weeks to make their collections, so, I'm not surprised that  they came out looking more "meh" than "wow"

Maybe I'm miss-remembering but didn't they used to get at least a couple of months? That's really disappointing if they only got 3 weeks.

• Love 1

Sadly, I think they're all a group of one-way monkeys.  Every item in their comfort zone and nothing that seemed more than adequate. 

For the decoys, Fade's is my favorite.  It's fun, wearable and I love the colors.   

I'm not understanding how supposedly they only got a few weeks to construct their Fashion Week collections. 

The first episode of this season aired on July 24th.  All filming was completed BEFORE that, except for the finalists and decoys showing at fashion week.  Fashion week for PR started November 5th.  That's just over 3 months from the time the main competition ended (and everybody knew who was doing a collection), to the time the collections had to walk the runway.  

Or am I missing the magical elves math?  ;)    I know I sometimes confuse filming dates with airing dates.  

Edited by leighdear

Well, it's not the magical elves anymore.  The Magical Elves are from Bravo, PR is on Lifetime.  

Also, Fashion Week for PR could not have started November 5th, as that date has not even come yet.  Probably a typo (I confuse September and November all the time :-D ) 

To answer your question, one of the designers said in the last episode that Fashion Week was only three weeks away (I think it was Kini), so, that's where we got the info.  I started my original comment here with "Apparently" because it could have been a mistake.  But it's not that far-fetched, particularly this season where they seemed to have so many scheduling problems with Heidi's other commitments.  It is possible that they finished filming a week or two after the premiere, leaving the designers with only 3-4 weeks to make their Fashion Week Collections.

• Love 1

I thought they always filmed in June.  Anyone know for sure these days?  If they film in June, that would give them at least 2 months.  Think what S3 and S5 people did with 2 months.  They were both Spring/Summer shows in September.

What was the deal with a trip to Italy shown in the previews?  I didn't imagine that, did I?  Did that cut into their time?  Why go to Italy now?  I'm confused.

If they are going to shorten the time the designers have to make a collection, then have the collection be 6 pieces, not 10. 

Edited by backgroundnoise

Weary....I DID mean to write September, not November.  CRS syndrome!  Your time comments make sense.  No telling what the hell they did to those poor folks in order to cater to Heidi. 

If they are going to shorten the time the designers have to make a collection, then have the collection be 6 pieces, not 10.

Don't they usually "surprise" them with the need to create an additional piece after they get back to NY with their collections?  Absolute insanity. 

Weary....I DID mean to write September, not November.  CRS syndrome!  Your time comments make sense.  No telling what the hell they did to those poor folks in order to cater to Heidi. 

Don't they usually "surprise" them with the need to create an additional piece after they get back to NY with their collections?  Absolute insanity. 

For some reason I just now realized this show makes ME nuts and I only watch it, voluntarily. The poor contestants, it's no wonder they go nuts.

Edited to add: yes I know that technically they should know what they're getting into, but I doubt they realize how bad it'll be.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure the show said they had five weeks for their FW collection of 10 looks. Disappointed with all of the preview looks, especially Kini's.  I was also disappointed that Char didn't do something more exciting with that gorgeous fabric she purchased in Rome.  Oh well, it remains to be seen.  I do like her because she is the only one of the F4 that loves bright color.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 1

I remember when Michael's clothes were called hoochie.  I think it was unfair then and I think it unfair now.  I cringe every time Heidi in particular uses that term since she's all about everything being "sexy."  Not all women - not even all RICH women - want to wear clothes that are sexy.  Nina, on the other hand, has what I can only call an "uptight" sensibility. Certainly in all these seasons we've had questionable taste levels - and of course that's also subjective, as is what can and cannot be bought off the rack.  Anya's clothes - I think all of them every time - were clothes I could have bought in any upscale "for women who travel to warm climates" store.  All that is just to say aesthetics are subjective.  And as for being off the rack, I've seen lots of Michael Kors stuff in Filene's basement.

So - Char's clothes don't look "hoochie" (I guess I'm glad we/they are not using the word "slutty".) to me.  I don't know about the collection as a whole but I thought two of her pieces were downright beautiful.  I liked some pieces in all four collections although Sean least of all.  (Clearly, he and I have different aesthetics, although his fashion aesthetic is based on far more training and experience than mine.)  I liked about half the pieces in each of the other collections, maybe six in Amanda's.  But Char's was the collection I liked the best.  Admittedly, I'm not sure about it being tied together as both Amanda's and Sini's certainly were.  I did like it the best though.  

Edited by tpplay
  • Love 1

I just went back to peek at the collections in light of last night's critique. One thing that really leaped out: in the hands of a designer with vision, Char's Italian fabric could have been the foundation of a really fantastic collection. It really was quite interesting, even lovely.

Instead, we get a random mish-mash of clothes whose only apparent connection is that they have colors that appear somewhere in the textile. A real missed opportunity.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I just looked at the collections again now that I know the contenders. 

Kini really did change his collection dramatically.  He had only one day?  He must have had more time.  All the brown and white items are gone, that was a huge chunk of his collection.  I found it rather dull. 

It is unlikely that Sean will win.  Nina's comments about fringe and color say she is not going to like it!  His only color is orange and there is too much fringe.  

I liked Char and Amanda's collection the best.  This, with a gun to my head, I didn't love either. 

The judges are going to have a difficult time because none of them are stand outs.   I would like to see Char win so we can hear from Korina on the reunion show! Korina's collection was hideous.  

I am going to guess Amanda takes this one.  

Edited by wings707

I think so too.  I think the final two will be Amanda and Char to milk the drama of "comeback kids" and then Amanda will win.

I like one or two pieces from this collection and a couple from that one over there, but I'm not wowed by any of the collections as a whole.  I expected more from Kini. 

Meh.

A "hmmm" from the comments in reply to TLo's latest post:

Someone there reported that Sean's model posted an Instagram photo from a Marie Claire shoot that then later disappeared.

Assuming that's true, it seems to qualify as a major spoiler. If I cared. Which I'm not sure I do.