Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Sacrifice

• Start Topic

The feds apply pressure to get their suspect to flip. Dru's erratic behavior leads the Castillos to grow suspicious. As Tate prepares to go up against his political opponent, Harper brings his ethics into question.

Air Date: May 5, 2023

(edited)

See ya Cooper "Nancy" Saxe!!!! Or maybe he could still be alive? Anyway, you made a good run to get Tariq but ultimately failed. A "B -" for effort!

Where did Theo and Cooper drive to all that time before going to the helipad at night? Did they get lunch/dinner and see a show? Theo could have popped him and himself in the car. 

Saxe did have plenty of opportunities to disarm Theo during that long monologue between him, Davis and Tariq. Maybe a quick turn and knock the gun out his hand??!!! Do something Saxe!!! Damn!

Will Lauren feel sad or any guilt when she finds out Saxe was killed? She told Tariq he was the mole and now this happened. Will she even consider blaming Tariq? Lauren has blood on her hands. Saxe tried to help her.

Will Diana feel guilty when she finds out he was killed? Saxe did get her a burger, fries and shake!!!!!! 

Saxe should have known Davis was on to him when he spilled the coffee on him and "apologized". Davis never apologizes to Saxe for anything. Saxe should have known and ran then.

Tsk Tsk Jenny, "Fuck you! Saxe!...... Never Again",. Would be the last exchange she will have with Saxe. 

Not a good look by Theo to get released from prison on a technicality and immediately commit a murder/suicide.

Where did Diana put the note Davis gave her? She couldn't just drop it on the floor or put it in the trash. She must have eaten it.

After Tariq tell Davis's drunk ass about Saxe, his first instinct was to grab a gun. Tariq had to talk him out of what he was planning to do with it. After all this is finished, Tariq may have to find a new lawyer who can think straight in a crisis.

Dru hears a knock on the door and says, "That is not a COP knock". How would he know what a cop knock is? The cops didn't knock when they entered to take Diana last episode??!!

What is surprising: Monet doesn't have a doorbell. Tariq and Effie had to knock.

Everett comes out gay and no one cares. Why is Everett talking to Jamell Hill?  She embarrassed poor Zeke on her show. Way to go Everett for your former teammate.

Dru is a complete embarrassment. Monet still considers this fool next in line to lead???!!!! He starts the Russian mess, he stalks Everrett, then makes a scene in the restaurant, couldn't pretend to be confident "on the outside" to Everett, just breaks down and cries (while Everett is quietly laughing), and Dru couldn't see/sense he is being recorded for the whole world to witness his buffoonery.  When Monet sees this, she is going knock him out! 

Dru will quickly break down to Evelyn and tell her everything. 

Tate's answer about lowering the crime rate should have been: "Getting rid of Tariq St. Patrick". He would have won everyone's vote (including his opponent Anne Voung-Han's) right then.

Biggest plus for the episode was No Salim!!!!!! We were blessed!

Tariq didn't seem too bothered to find out Cane and Effie are together.

Cane is some brother to Diana. He goes to Stanfield to get info on Diana and ends up staying the night with Effie. All he did this episode was tap Effie twice, see Lauren is alive and did nothing for Diana.

Keke tells Brayden "Monet has been calling all day" and they didn't want that exposure. Why didn't she and/or Uncle Weston just reject the Tejada business from the start. She and Uncle Weston just took the life insurance when Brayden presented it. 

Keke is not that smart to believe these people will not miss their money.

I thought Brayden had locked himself out the apartment when he walked out with Keke. 

Lauren revealed to be alive. Why couldn't they wait until it was time for court? 

Either Effie goes to jail and not snitch on Cane, Tariq and Brayden or Lauren is going to get assassinated before testifying.

Monet going to the Country Club and her demand was not effective to scare Uncle Weston. At least Monet should have stayed to get some food/drinks or get a massage courtesy of the Westons.

How is Effie 100% cool with Tariq and Monet setting her up? Is this the first time Monet and Effie met? I don't remember them having any scenes together. How did Effie know where Monet lives?

RSJ might as well should just go the SEC now. Uncle Weston is lying.

Tate will get framed in some way or be Uncle Weston's life saver. Anyway, if Harper has a gut feeling about the Westons, then it has to be inevitable that Tate will get burned.

How many times has Tate proposed to Harper? One rejection is enough to move on!

Brushandria just lost her internship. Why is she snitching on Tate? At least, Tate was honest for once to say he couldn't take his eyes off her chest.

That was nice of DEA/NYPD to play the role of the gas company to give Effie time to get dressed and not kick in the door. Usually, they just kick down the door and drag people out naked.

I am sure Tariq can find his mom and Yas by asking Tameika for a favor.

Diana wants out, I can see her getting back with Salim to leave or burning the family to free herself.

Once again, the Wil E Coyote team of Jenny and Blanca are foiled again. Tariq is too slippery for them. They might as well quit Law Enforcement and become employees for Stansfield's Security.

I'm surprise Tariq didn't have Uncle Weston do some of his intern work and pack cups as part of the deal with RSJ.

So, RSJ is a legit businessman. Now he is dealing with Tariq, he will be corrupted in no time.

How does Noma fit in to all this mess? Her product is not being moved. Someone has to pay.

Monet tells the Castillos the "Feds are watching them but they don't know they are working together". Monet tells them this in her home, as if Feds are not outside conducting surveillance and can see the Castillos leave through the front door. They should have met somewhere else.

Monet has no idea the Feds already know about them.

Why was Brayden dragged to the debate? And isn't Brayden banned from campus? Stansfield security strikes again. Blanca and Jenny, they need your expertise!

All the arrests and murders around Stanfield, it's time to shut down this place!!!!!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1

Lauren stay endangering people's lives! As soon as she said Saxe's name I knew he wouldn't make it to next week's episode. He's held on a long time in this damn universe, even through all the Angela, Jamie, Tommy BS. So long Saxe. You were entertaining at times, but you were also a dick! 

I'm over here laughing at whoever made that social media post of Dru losing his shit with the headline of, "Yo, whose mans is this?!?!?!" Dead! Poor Dru all over the Shaderoom sharing all his damn business!

I would be so scared of an Effie/Cane team up if I was Tariq. The two of them together would make a badass partnership. They're both smart, no-nonsense, straight to the point, do the work, people. And she's strategic and relatively calm enough to be able to talk him out of some of the wild, reckless shit he likes to do. Plus, I like them together as a couple more than I did when Effie was with Tariq. 

Diana: I think I'm gonna transfer to Spelman. You can pay for all of that, right?

Monet: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952p2hrh0sv58gof1nytt

• LOL 2

Keesha Sharp has been appearing on my TV screen for at least the last 20 years and this woman has not aged.

The Power writers sure know how to make sharp turns. They're writing like they have no time.

I kinda liked this episode. I've pretty"meh" on the season but I liked this episode. Everybody finally finds out that Saxe is a mole.

Everyone is getting caught up to speed on the Weston Ponzi scheme. It's funny that Uncle Weston said that they know how to run a Ponzi scheme without any red flags. However, the Tejadas only gave $2 million (I think), and he's dodging Monet's calls. If he's getting money from a billionaire and he can't afford to pay out $2 million on demand, then he's not running a well-oiled Ponzi scheme. He should be liquid be liquid enough to handle a certain amount of investor redemptions.

I'm so indifferent and emotionally uninvested in any relationship between Cane and Effie, probably the most out of any relationship we've seen in the show... including the ones that Tariq was a part of.

I LOL'd at Monet: "Don't go thinking for yourself"

Considering that Brayden is selling drugs and laundering money, I'm not understanding why would it be ironic that he's the Weston that is the target of a federal investigation.... even though his family is operating a Ponzi scheme. ALL Y'ALL SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED!

Am I missing something? Did Tariq tell anyone other than Davis that Lauren was alive? Tariq knew Effie would, at least, possibly go down for Lauren. Was the idea to pin it on her because of the addition of Lauren's case?

When Cane called Effie, was that him trying to cryptically warn Effie?

Dru is doing the most. I wanted to punch him the face for the entire episode.

I think RSJ being willing to go along with Tariq's plan after being informed that the Westons are operating a Ponzi scheme is too convenient.

Jenny should know that every investigation Saxe touches dies. She watched him fumble all the cases, especially after she was prosecuting Tasha. Come on Jenny!

Diana? Excuse me? Transfer to Spelman? "YOU got the money to pay for tuition"? I couldn't part my lips to tell my mother what to do with her money. Diana I understand why you feel that way but that was wrong way to go about it. Then Monet correctly responded "I'll give you a fresh slap upside your fuckin head." Monet was a little soft on the "get in the car." It should have been "get yo ass in the car... and IN THE BACK LIKE THE BABY YOU ARE!"

Now, I feel like Lauren's gonna die for real this time. Again, she shouldn't have been there for the arrest... but okay Power universe, I guess you gotta be all dramatic and shit.

Bye Saxe.

Suicide... and on camera! Wow! I wasn't prepared for that kind of end for Theo. I feel like if Redman was still playing Theo, it wouldn't have been like this.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Will Diana feel guilty when she finds out he was killed? Saxe did get her a burger, fries and shake!!!!!! 

LOL all for a burger, fries and a shake?

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Cane is some brother to Diana. He goes to Stanfield to get info on Diana and ends up staying the night with Effie. All he did this episode was tap Effie twice, see Lauren is alive and did nothing for Diana.

ANND stood up in his shitty ass investment decision.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Keke tells Brayden "Monet has been calling all day" and they didn't want that exposure. Why didn't she and/or Uncle Weston just reject the Tejada business from the start. She and Uncle Weston just took the life insurance when Brayden presented it.

I'm gonna assume they needed the cash to hold up their scheme.

If I was Brayden, I would have zero problems telling them that the Tejadas are murderous drug dealers; where you think we get our shit?; and if they find out their money is gone, you're going to want to run to the SEC and DOJ for protection because they will kill you.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Once again, the Wil E Coyote team of Jenny and Blanca are foiled again. Tariq is too slippery for them. They might as well quit Law Enforcement and become employees for Stansfield's Security.

Now that Saxe is dead maybe they won't be so bad at law enforcing LOL

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

So, RSJ is a legit businessman. Now he is dealing with Tariq, he will be corrupted in no time.

The fact that he's willing to let a Ponzi scheme continue tells me that he's already there.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Monet tells the Castillos the "Feds are watching them but they don't know they are working together". Monet tells them this in her home, as if Feds are not outside conducting surveillance and can see the Castillos leave through the front door. They should have met somewhere else.

The feds just busted in Monet's house to arrest her daughter. How does she figure that they aren't watching the house? Because she knows they're trying to get Diana to flip on her so she knows they don't really want Diana but they want her... so why would think they stop watching her?

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Monet has no idea the Feds already know about them.

Not her fault... it's her egg-headed ass sons.

Speaking of that... Mecca moved guns. Did he only do 1 gun deal a year?

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I would be so scared of an Effie/Cane team up if I was Tariq. The two of them together would make a badass partnership.

Monet won't let that happen. And Noma ain't about to let them off the hook to do their own thing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

LOL all for a burger, fries and a shake?

Shake Shack leaves warm lasting memories. Has to hit Diana on some level about Saxe. 🍔🍟

Poor Saxe never got to fill out an expense report for reimbursement.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Suicide... and on camera! Wow! I wasn't prepared for that kind of end for Theo. I feel like if Redman was still playing Theo, it wouldn't have been like this.

Maybe Redman wasn't capable to act that last scene and they had to get a real actor to lead up to it. IDK

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

ANND stood up in his shitty ass investment decision.

I wonder when did Cane told Monet he gave the life insurance to Brayden. The way she was pissed about those Wall Street people, it seems she should have told Cane to get it back the day he told her. 

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm gonna assume they needed the cash to hold up their scheme.

If I was Brayden, I would have zero problems telling them that the Tejadas are murderous drug dealers; where you think we get our shit?; and if they find out their money is gone, you're going to want to run to the SEC and DOJ for protection because they will kill you.

Lucas and Keke are playing with fire. They have no guns or private security and have to know the history of the Tejadas. As Keke was telling Lucas don't take RSJ business, she should have been louder about the Tejadas. 

I wonder where they are going with these characters. It's a matter of time when Monet will want her money.

I had a feeling Weston Holdings was going to burn. This is going to be good!!!! Soon, the Weston brothers will be the 2023 Duke brothers from Trading Places.

Now that Saxe is dead maybe they won't be so bad at law enforcing LOL

There will be no improvement. Agent Young! You are next up!

In the first season of the original Power, there were so many agents in the room going after Lobos (Angela, her boss, Knox, Saxe, Medina, etc.).

For this Book, we have just have Jenny and Blanca. Are Monet/Tariq not big level players?

Isn't the RICO over now that they found "Sugar"?

The fact that he's willing to let a Ponzi scheme continue tells me that he's already there.

RSJ set up a payment plan. Big risk on his part.  I would want my money right now before other clients find out.

Is the entire Weston Holdings a Ponzi scheme or just the part where Uncle Weston and Keke are involved? I can't see how Brayden's father doesn't know. He must have clients coming to him to get their money.

The feds just busted in Monet's house to arrest her daughter. How does she figure that they aren't watching the house? Because she knows they're trying to get Diana to flip on her so she knows they don't really want Diana but they want her... so why would think they stop watching her?

Monet is allowed a mess up once.

Not her fault... it's her egg-headed ass sons.

Speaking of that... Mecca moved guns. Did he only do 1 gun deal a year?

Only gun Mecca wanted to move was his pee shooter to Monet.

19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Am I missing something? Did Tariq tell anyone other than Davis that Lauren was alive? Tariq knew Effie would, at least, possibly go down for Lauren. Was the idea to pin it on her because of the addition of Lauren's case?

When Cane called Effie, was that him trying to cryptically warn Effie?

Tariq only told Davis. He almost dropped it to Brayden but stopped. 

I don't think Tariq plotted the far down about the attempted murder on Effie. Her arrest will surprise him.

I think Cane was going to tell her and then Dru had his outburst.

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm feeling a sorta way after this episode....

good times GIF

Why the hell couldn't it have been Closed Mouth Chunky Heel?!  (TM Alexander Rodgers)

Sighs.  Mr. Yogisbooboo was sleeping as I watched the eppy but woke up when I screamed out NOOOOOOOOOO when Saxe bit the bullet.  I knew Theo was going to kill himself (Way to go with the warning, Starz, next time try surprising a nukka!), but I did not think Saxe was going to get shot. 

I was all ‘They killed Saxe!’ over and over….in the morning, Mr. Yogisbooboo asked over eggs, “Who’s Saxe?” 

Already there are conspiracies floating around that viewers saw Saxe breathing whilst lying on the ground so that could mean he’s still alive; I doubt it, I believe this is it for him.  He may have been a slimy motherfucker, but he was entertaining and I’ma miss him.

I live for Effie’s hair.

Shocked/not shocked that Brayden spilled the beans about WH participating in a Ponzi scheme….I’d never tell him a secret.

Dang but Dru has lost his ever-loving mind….the long goody sho do have him sprung!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 2

I know this is Tariq's show but I always find it funny that he alway has to tell these career criminals (and lawyers) the obvious. 

When Jabari was shot in season 1, he had to be the one to tell Cane to make sure he goes somewhere where people can see him so he'd have an alibi. When Monet killed Mecca, Tariq had to remind her to get rid of the evidence on the security camera. This episode, he had to tell drunk Davis to calm down when he was going for his gun after finding out that Saxe was playing the other side. So I guess he's really Monet's thinker after all. 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, mxc90 said:

Saxe did have plenty of opportunities to disarm Theo during that long monologue between him, Davis and Tariq. Maybe a quick turn and knock the gun out his hand??!!! Do something Saxe!!! Damn!

Saxe is a lawyer, not a cop or someone who would necessarily have skills in arm to arm combat. I don’t blame him for being scared. I didn’t think Saxe was going to survive this season and I was right!

• Like 1

His sister was being sweated in a RICO case but Cane had time to get him some hot buttered Effie. Priorities, he has them.

Emo Dru is the worst liar. Gordo's family will be coming for him when they figure out what happened.

How did Monet know Lucas was the person to go to about the money Cane gave Brayden to invest?

Oh man, the karma bus was gunning for Dru. Not only did his closeted ex jump out of the closet, the exe's new man is White. Dru took that extra hard and went viral for it.

Monet better be careful how she talks to Diana. Diana could still wreck Monet, especially if she finds out how Lorenzo really died.

No half measures, Effie. You didn't make sure the Lauren job was 100% complete and now you're nabbed. Wonder how much she knows about Tariq and the Tejadas that she could use to help herself with the feds?

Why did Lauren have to identify Effie right there in the street? They all know who Effie is and what she looks like. Meanwhile, Cane saw with his own eyes that Lauren is still alive. She better be headed straight to WITSEC before he or one of the Tejadas kills her for real.

Theo, noooo! But I guess that was the best way to get rid of Saxe and tidy up his loose ends. Bye, Cooper; we hardly knew ye. Oh wait, yeah we did. 😏

• Like 1