Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Show Me The Way

• Start Topic

Spoiler

I really enjoyed this show. Pete was great in this and I really liked how much self awareness he has, and how he allowed himself to be made fun of regarding his weaknesses.

The guess stars were great especially; Jon Stewart who landed some massive jokes and John Mulaney who was so funny in his lunch with Pete.

The co-stars were the real stars. Everyone was great from Joe Pesci, Edie Falco, Brad Garrett, Ray Romano, Bobby Cannavale and a crazy Charlie Day. There were so many cameos I couldn't keep track. Everyone was really good.

Joe Pesci was particularly great as his grandfather.

(edited)
17 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

That's a tough ending if it happened to Pete in real life. 

I notice they seem to blur real with fiction on this show. If real, that was nasty.

Edited by juno

Would I have found the rehab scenes more entertaining if I knew who Colson was? 

I was frustrated with the choice of the B&W vs colour scenes because it wasn't clear to me why the scenes away from Pete and away from rehab should be B&W. 

I did laugh at the use of Ray Romano but overall I feel like this series expects me to know more about Pete's real life than I do and to be able to recognize when something is so far over the top that it can't be real when I have no frame of reference to do so.

I'm not up on Pete's life either because I'm also an adult, but I think you can get a feel for when things are played up. I think maybe that's the point. He got so famous that everything is larger than life, and sometimes even Pete can't tell. 

• Useful 1