Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E13: Elon Musk; Michael Moynihan; Konstantin Kisin

• Start Topic

One of the best ep's in a while. Liked the Elon interview. Liked Moynihan on the panel, and loved Bill's tirade against Sen. Feinstein!! I can't believe she is doing this to the party!!!

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 4

I thought the Elon interview was trash.  Very Chris Farley show.  Of course Bill was into having Konstantin yuck it up about woke-ness with him.  At this point anyone using woke unironically is just pitiful.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
46 minutes ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

I thought the Elon interview was trash.  Very Chris Farley show.  Of course Bill was into having Konstantin yuck it up about woke-ness with him.  At this point anyone using woke unironically is just pitiful.

Don’t you dare bring Chris Farley into this!

• LOL 2

Even though Bill was fawning during the Musk interview, apparently there were those behind the scenes who felt less so. At one point, they ID'd him with the title, 'Chief Twit, Twitter', under his name!

• LOL 3

Good show.

Elon Musk is real and his views were interesting for me. I love how he comfortably said he ignores the haters on Twitter. I would be more like Bill and have to get off it.

I thought the panel was very good and everyone spoke earnestly, very refreshing after the people who just repeat talking points.

Very good show.

• Like 2

I'm sure Bill Maher was more than pleased with how he conducted that interview with Musk, being the world class narcissist that he is. How anybody can think that guy Musk is a genius, after all the shit he's caused, leaves their own intelligence to be questioned. But Bill Maher has proven he only cares about his world and his narrative. Good thing he's getting torched for it by the regular media, and not the right wing version that celebrates Bill Maher's rightward pointing.

If this doesn't prove to his dwindling bum lickers just how out of touch and out to lunch Bill Maher has become, well then there's no point in listening to them!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 5/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, ShadowKnight2 said:

I'm sure Bill Maher was more than pleased with how he conducted that interview with Musk, being the world class narcissist that he is. How anybody can think that guy Musk is a genius, after all the shit he's caused, leaves their own intelligence to be questioned. But Bill Maher has proven he only cares about his world and his narrative. Good thing he's getting torched for it by the regular media, and not the right wing version that celebrates Bill Maher's rightward pointing.

If this doesn't prove to his dwindling bum lickers just how out of touch and out to lunch Bill Maher has become, well then there's no point in listening to them!

Fuck Elon Musk...and fuck Bill Maher.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:39 PM, sistermagpie said:

Hasn't Musk been known for censoring employees and journalists reporting on him unfavorably? 

Yep...a thin skinned douchbag.

• Like 7

I don’t see what is wrong about what is being taught in schools.  I honestly think it’s important to know Washington was a slave owner.  That is why our country survived early on, because of slave labor.  That is important to know.  My kids were taught much more than I was.  Elon and Bill were both wrong about this.  

oh more “both sides” bs.  Seriously “the left” never told lies like “the right” did.  

oh please, no one respected trump.  They feared he’d push the button because he has no impulse control.  

I’m not surprised someone from the Soviet Union doesn’t understand what PC really means.  Sorry no, I don’t think calling people slurs is “true”.

And everyone ragging on quiche!  Why?? Quiche is great!

Bill is right about Feinstein.

• Like 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I honestly think it’s important to know Washington was a slave owner.  That is why our country survived early on, because of slave labor.

I agree 100% that it's important to know that Washington was a slave owner, in addition to knowing the role that slave labor had in terms of the history of the US. These are facts that should absolutely be taught in schools. I think the overall point that was being made wrt Washington was that for the kids they were talking about, the only facts they seemed to remember about Washington are that he was the first president and he was a slave owner. I think they were just trying to say that ideally, a student would take away more than that when it comes to a lesson about Washington. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Well, my generation def learned in public school that GW “could not tell a lie,” from the cherry tree fable😉. We (older boomers in a SW state) never heard about his slaveowner status and barely about Jefferson’s, and were taught that the Cilvil War (#1) was about cotton, so disagree with Bill’s blanket woke condemnation.

• Like 4
On 5/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, Avaleigh said:

That is why our country survived early on, because of slave labor.

That may not be true. The South lagged behind the North, which did not have slavery. The North opted for Industrialism, which was more effective and better all around than slavery. That’s why the South lost the Civil War…it just wasn’t as advanced and never could be, because slavery is wrong on many, many levels.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Tara said:

That may not be true. The South lagged behind the North, which did not have slavery. The North opted for Industrialism, which was more effective and better all around than slavery. That’s why the South lost the Civil War…it just wasn’t as advanced and never could be, because slavery is wrong on many, many levels.

You quoted me but that wasn't my quote it was Hanahope's.