Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Deal or No Deal

• Start Topic

Tariq teams up with Tate to plot retaliation after an attack puts the street operation on pause. Monet makes a play to reestablish control over the business. Brayden uncovers a secret that could jeopardize everything.

Air Date: April 28, 2023

When Monet is smiling, good times are not coming for anyone.

The Russian fell for that Kai story way too easy. They are worse than the Serbs.

Is Kia's last name Tejada? The Russian accepted his head as if Monet's story made perfect sense! No follow up questions required!

But I'm still not sure who is easier to fool. The Russians or Dru or Lauren?!

The Jamacia Ave. boys lost their lives over Dru's lack of control.  Nice of the Russians to hit these guys but couldn't hit any targets at the church.

Cane has great aim to hit Kai from that far.

After seeing Kai dead, a text arrives, so curious Dru needs to say "What's that?", dig in his pocket and had to read his text instead of plotting on where to dispose the body???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon writers! You really think the viewers are that dumb??!!

Gordo was setup nicely. Monet got his and Kai's dumb asses out the way. The moral of the story: never conduct "murder" business that can implicate you over your regular phone while Monet is using a burner and don't be too nice to return a text quickly.

The remaining Castillo brothers don't seem to be too bright. They are pissed that the Russians are waring but it seems that every time they conduct business, it comes down to a vote. So, they must have voted "YES" to hit the Russians when Dru and Gordo came to them with the bad plan. 

Now that Gordo is gone, Evelyn will have to know it was the Tejadas. Or Monet will find a way to blame his death on the Russians.  

Dru should just bump off the brothers now before they find out Gordo is dead and war will begin.

The Russian are at war with the Tejadas and Catillos, yet they still kept the times of their drug shipments (that the Castillo's know) the same. SMH! 

I told you Kai's "shoulder to cry on" would be floating in the East River and his body parts are scattered elsewhere.

Brayden is in bed with Keke and after he "busts" his first thought was about Tariq. What? At least, he gave Keke a good time or was she lying telling him it was good.

Salim is an embarrassment. Just accept who you are. Not sure why he is ashamed to be adopted by white parents. Didn't see Willis and Arnold bitchin.

When Salim's simpin' ass jumped on the stage, the mood/good vibes of the crowd vanished immediately!!! They should have booed his trash ass off stage.!! 

Salim Vader is getting closer and closer to the Dark Side.

At Stansfield, who is Salim trying to impress with his fakeness??? I could almost understand if he was at an HBCU but Stansfield?

After Diana checked him, I hope this is the last we see of Salim. He should pack his bags and transfer to Columbia or a community college.

Very dumb move by Diana to run to a storage room where there is no escape from Salim if he tried to put hands on her.

When Diana told Monet she can handle Salim the way Monet taught her, I thought Diana was going to kill him. Diana used a Tariq St. Patrick tactic on Salim.

Jenny is not checking phone calls coming to or going from the safe house. She could easily tell Lauren is talking to Tariq.

Jenny was so proud to tell Blanca "Lauren is alive" and Blanca didn't give her shit; the way Saxe gave her. Blanca didn't question her for why the secrecy or mention how she lied to her and Whitman? WTF?

Who gave Lauren a phone to use?

Now the downfall for Weston Holdings begins. Ponzi scheme. I find it hard to believe Brayden's father doesn't know about this.

Keke is dirty too. I was surprised it wasn't further relieved she is sleeping with Uncle Weston.

A few episodes back, Keke was telling Uncle Weston she didn't want RSJ's business. Was it because she didn't want to see him get robbed or she knows he will kill them if he finds out it was a Ponzi scheme? But she took Lorenzo's life insurance so she must not know the Tejadas murder history?!

Saxe is revealed to be a mole to Tariq. Now it's a matter of time until it gets to Davis. Saxe's time on the show may be over soon.

Now Agent Young is in the RICO room. I guess he will be Saxe's replacement.

A customer purchased drugs and didn't take it from the bottom of the cup and tossed it in the trash? And here comes Agent Young in disguise to happen to find that cup. Wonderful! 

When is a councilman holding a press conference as criminals are being arrested? That's usually the job for the Special Agent In Charge or NYPD.

Did The Police have the keys to Monet's house. Thye al came in real quiet.

Salim will have the biggest, widest smile when he finds out Diana was arrested. Next week, he'll be at the police station ready to volunteer all information on Diana. 

Can Uncle Weston please finish that Rubik's cube before he eventually goes to jail or gets killed? Every scene he has holding it, he never makes an attempt to solve it. Might as well get 2 more and start juggling.

Davis just has a stack of cash ready in his office.

Theo is freed and can't enjoy the taste of freedom for a minute? What are the chances the NYPD will go after Davis now?

How many secret or unused rooms and floors are in the Weston building?

Cane just walks on to campus and pay Effie's tuition in cash?!? I'm sure he didn't write a check. 

If Effie manages to survive this season, it will be due to Cane's help. 

Monet yells "all you ni**as get out" and Cane had to tell Brayden he is a "ni**a". Brayden leaves with joy. Unreal! Then he is called "Taylor Swift" but that doesn't faze him. 

• Like 1

Tariq is Monet’s thinker? Really?

So everybody deals enough drugs to live a lavish lifestyle, except Effie? Granted, everyone else was born to parents that had money but they all seem to able to sustain on just the drug money, except Effie. Why is that? How did she end up with the shortest straw?

So they killed Kai just to pin Lorenzo’s murder on him so Dru wouldn’t think it was the Russians, and to call a truce with the Russians? That seems too convenient.

I feel it was an obvious guess once Brayden found the books and shredding room that he was going to find out that Uncle Weston was running a Ponzi scheme. Once Brayden took them to Keke and she was like “I’ll look at them and bring them back in the morning” (or something like that), I was like “mhm. She knows it’s a Ponzi scheme.”

Then we find out that Tariq’s trust fund is there. If Brayden snitches, that effectively means Tariq has no trust fund then and Cane’s money is gone.

Keke must be getting paid A LOT to hold that secret in.

Lauren knows that they’re building a RICO case but I’m pretty sure Lauren shouldn’t know that… possibly because Jenny said too much, or that Saxe is a little bitch and couldn’t handle Jenny possibly seeing someone else. Maybe both.

Jenny and Blanca arresting Diana was pretty anticlimactic.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

But I'm still not sure who is easier to fool. The Russians or Dru or Lauren?!

My money is on Dru 😂

The Russians got a head. Lauren got a recording. You didn't need any props for Dru to believe the Russians did it in the first place 🤣

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

After seeing Kai dead, a text arrives, so curious Dru needs to say "What's that?", dig in his pocket and had to read his text instead of plotting on where to dispose the body???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon writers! You really think the viewers are that dumb??!!

Yes. They do think that.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Brayden is in bed with Keke and after he "busts" his first thought was about Tariq. What? At least, he gave Keke a good time or was she lying telling him it was good.

I said the same thing! LOL

WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HIM RIGHT NOW????

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Salim is an embarrassment. Just accept who you are. Not sure why he is ashamed to be adopted by white parents. Didn't see Willis and Arnold bitchin.

When Salim's simpin' ass jumped on the stage, the mood/good vibes of the crowd vanished immediately!!! They should have booed his trash ass off stage.!! 

Salim Vader is getting closer and closer to the Dark Side.

At Stansfield, who is Salim trying to impress with his fakeness??? I could almost understand if he was at an HBCU but Stansfield?

I... don't... know...

I'm having a hard time processing this. Why was this necessary?

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

When Diana told Monet she can handle Salim the way Monet taught her, I thought Diana was going to kill him. Diana used a Tariq St. Patrick tactic on Salim.

The first thing I thought about New New from ATL 🤣 Posing like she's from the hood.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Now the downfall for Weston Holdings begins. Ponzi scheme. I find it hard to believe Brayden's father doesn't know about this.

Keke is dirty too. I was surprised it wasn't further relieved she is sleeping with Uncle Weston.

A few episodes back, Keke was telling Uncle Weston she didn't want RSJ's business. Was it because she didn't want to see him get robbed or she knows he will kill them if he finds out it was a Ponzi scheme? But she took Lorenzo's life insurance so she must not know the Tejadas murder history?!

If she was sleeping with Uncle Weston, it wouldn't have been surprising. They act like there is more than a work relationship.

I don't think she was saying that she didn't want his business, she was afraid that RSJ would turn down their business and therefore cause other investors to pull out... which now makes sense now that we know it's a Ponzi scheme.

Where I thought this Ponzi scheme idea was going is they were going to have Brayden put his drug cash into the Ponzi scheme... which wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a constant infusion of cash that Ponzi schemes require and it allows Brayden to clean a large amount of money, solving two problems at once. The hiccup is if the drug operation stops because they get busted.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Saxe is revealed to be a mole to Tariq. Now it's a matter of time until it gets to Davis. Saxe's time on the show may be over soon.

They always seem to bring his slimy ass back though.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Monet yells "all you ni**as get out" and Cane had to tell Brayden he is a "ni**a". Brayden leaves with joy. Unreal! Then he is called "Taylor Swift" but that doesn't faze him. 

I kinda laughed at that. It was kinda funny.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

My money is on Dru 😂

The Russian got a head. Lauren got a recording You didn't need any props for Dru to believe the Russians did it in the first place 🤣

They could have given the Russians a "Mr. Potato Head" and they would have believed anything Monet told them. They stink!

Lauren was already believing Tariq no matter what Saxe told her. The tape of Effie was icing on the cake. 

Dru just got "Word for the Block" it was the Russians. Then he just reads a text from the burner. The text never said Kai didn't it but Dru just assumed it was him without any further investigation.

Yes. Money is on Dru. Money well spent.

Also, Dru didn't even give Gordo an opportunity to tell his story. He just shot him. Monet escapes again!

13 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I said the same thing! LOL

WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HIM RIGHT NOW????

I couldn't believe what I was seeing! LOL

15 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I... don't... know...

I'm having a hard time processing this. Why was this necessary?

It is 2023, we have seen worse pics than what Diana showed Salim to shame him. The show fell flat on that one.

If Salim is still trying to pursue Diana after this, I'll be pissed. Move on Salim!

23 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

They always seem to bring his slimy ass back though.

If Saxe survives this, he is never leaving the show.

I think he, Tommy and Tariq are the last of the originals.

20 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

If she was sleeping with Uncle Weston, it wouldn't have been surprising. They act like there is more than a work relationship.

I don't think she was saying that she didn't want his business, she was afraid that RSJ would turn down their business and therefore cause other investors to pull out... which now makes sense now that we know it's a Ponzi scheme.

Where I thought this Ponzi scheme idea was going is they were going to have Brayden put his drug cash into the Ponzi scheme... which wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a constant infusion of cash that Ponzi schemes require and it allows Brayden to clean a large amount of money, solving two problems at once. The hiccup is if the drug operation stops if they get busted.

You're right. They will mix the money and maybe at the end it will be Uncle Weston and Keke that will take the fall in The RICO instead of Tariq and Brayden. 

• Like 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

They could have given the Russians a "Mr. Potato Head" and they would have believed anything Monet told them. They stink!

Lauren was already believing Tariq no matter what Saxe told her. The tape of Effie was icing on the cake. 

Dru just got "Word for the Block" it was the Russians. Then he just reads a text from the burner. The text never said Kai didn't it but Dru just assumed it was him without any further investigation.

Yes. Money is on Dru. Money well spent.

Also, Dru didn't even give Gordo an opportunity to tell his story. He just shot him. Monet escapes again!

My last words would have been "Monet set me up to do it!"

If Saxe survives this, he is never leaving the show.

I think he, Tommy and Tariq are the last of the originals.

Next season, we'll find Saxe at the DEA too 🤣

It is 2023, we have seen worse pics than what Diana showed Salim to shame him. The show fell flat on that one.

If Salim is still trying to pursue Diana after this, I'll be pissed. Move on Salim!

I'm trying to connect some dots here. Was he trying to get Diana to forget her family and her past like he did for himself?

I'm not understanding his purpose on this show. Why are we seeing him? Why are we hearing from him? Was it just to give Diana new fuck buddy other than Tariq?

You're right. They will mix the money and maybe at the end it will be Uncle Weston and Keke that will take the fall in The RICO instead of Tariq and Brayden.

I feel like Brayden would try to save Keke because he's whipped and see's the "goodness" in her.

Cane is going to kill someone if it comes out that it was a Ponzi scheme. Didn't he give like $2 million? I'm not sure if I'm pulling that number of my ass but it sounds right.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

My last words would have been "Monet set me up to do it!"

Yup. As soon as I have seen that gun, "Monet" would have been my first word loud and clear. 

43 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Next season, we'll find Saxe at the DEA too

I don't want to see Saxe go!

44 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I'm trying to connect some dots here. Was he trying to get Diana to forget her family and her past like he did for himself?

I'm not understanding his purpose on this show. Why are we seeing him? Why are we hearing from him? Was it just to give Diana new fuck buddy other than Tariq?

He wants her out from under Lorenzo and Cane. He wants her all to himself. He seems the controlling type. I wonder if he was the only child in that family.

What I don't get is he knew she was selling out of the store but let her continue. So, he would not have cared if she sold if she was still with him? 

I don't think he will survive the season.

53 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I feel like Brayden would try to save Keke because he's whipped and see's the "goodness" in her.

Cane is going to kill someone if it comes out that it was a Ponzi scheme. Didn't he give like $2 million? I'm not sure if I'm pulling that number of my ass but it sounds right.

Saved from who? We know, if it comes down to Keke or Tariq......Keke got to go.

We should see some scenes with Keke and Tariq.

I don't think Tariq would be pleased to have to take orders in this criminal business from Uncle Weston and Keke.

I think Brayden is going to try to hide this from him as best as he can.

I am not sure if they gave the amount. I need to look back. 

• Like 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Saved from who? We know, if it comes down to Keke or Tariq......Keke got to go.

Not choose between Tariq and Keke, but choosing between Uncle Weston and Keke. He'll try to shift 100% of the blame to Uncle Weston and away from Keke.

We should see some scenes with Keke and Tariq.

Did we get some scenes from them on the Italy trip? or mean like more than that? 👀

I don't think Tariq would be pleased to have to take orders in this criminal business from Uncle Weston and Keke.

Introduce him to Noma or her sidekick and problem solved LOL

Especially if/when Tariq finds out he doesn't have a trust fund anymore.

I think Brayden is going to try to hide this from him as best as he can.

I am not sure if they gave the amount. I need to look back. 

I get the feeling that Cane is going to ask for his money back and they wouldn't have the cash to do that.

I don't want to see Saxe go!

Other than die, what else is there for him to do?

Yup. As soon as I have seen that gun, "Monet" would have been my first word loud and clear. 

Just so I know I'm not missing anything, Cane also doesn't know that Monet arranged the Lorenzo hit, right?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Not choose between Tariq and Keke, but choosing between Uncle Weston and Keke. I'll try to shift 100% of the blame to Uncle Weston and away from Keke.

Yeah. Uncle Weston would go. 

6 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Did we get some scenes from them on the Italy trip? or mean like more than that? 👀

Nothing sexual. But I want to see a battle of wits between her and Tariq. I am not sure if she would be ruthless if it comes down to it. She was shook when Brayden was missing in Italy.

10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

ntroduce him to Noma or her sidekick and problem solved LOL

Especially if/when Tariq finds out he doesn't have a trust fund anymore.

I get the feeling that Cane is going to ask for his money back and they wouldn't have the cash to do that.

Jeez! This will not end well for Uncle Weston and Keke.

I wonder if Trace is involved in this too? He could go down too.

Then poor Becca would be kicked out of Stansfield and Salim would come to her rescue.

18 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Other than die, what else is there for him to do?

If Davis goes down for the murder, maybe Saxe could take over his business. 

19 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Just so I know I'm not missing anything, Cane also doesn't know that Monet arranged the Lorenzo hit, right?

Cane doesn't know.

But that scene of Monet seeing Lorenzo's ghost will come back to haunt her. Eventually, they will find out.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

If Davis goes down for the murder, maybe Saxe could take over his business. 

One thing I'm not getting is that Jenny gets someone on the parole board (I think it was the parole board) to bribe... but I mean... they all just committed a crime while trying to trap Davis into committing a crime while they're building a RICO case against him. Jenny and Saxe are now just as dirty as Davis is.

Saxe and Jenny facilitated the bribing of a parole board member. It's not like they caught him doing it and then busted him for it. They did it too. Jenny, the one who is supposed to be the straight and narrow lawyer, completely tainted her case by helping.

As if Davis isn't going to use that when it's convenient for him???? Especially once Davis finds out that Saxe is a mole for the feds?

59 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Then poor Becca would be kicked out of Stansfield and Salim would come to her rescue.

LOL With that same game

• Like 2
12 hours ago, AntFTW said:

LOL With that same game

Correction! It would be "Trevor" saving her. Not Salim.

15 hours ago, AntFTW said:

One thing I'm not getting is that Jenny gets someone on the parole board (I think it was the parole board) to bribe... but I mean... they all just committed a crime while trying to trap Davis into committing a crime while they're building a RICO case against him. Jenny and Saxe are now just as dirty as Davis is.

Saxe and Jenny facilitated the bribing of a parole board member. It's not like they caught him doing it and then busted him for it. They did it too. Jenny, the one who is supposed to be the straight and narrow lawyer, completely tainted her case by helping.

As if Davis isn't going to use that when it's convenient for him???? Especially once Davis finds out that Saxe is a mole for the feds?

Saxe said the guy is known to be dirty. If it is known, why does he still have a job?  If he ever gets caught, it's over for Saxe and Jenny.

Davis may try to plausibly deny the cash came from him and say Saxe did this on his own. 

• Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Correction! It would be "Trevor" saving her. Not Salim.

I thought about that too. He could revert back to "Trevor" but it's too late. She knows him as Salim already... and also he could go with the same angle of trying to save her from her ain't-shit thieving ass family once the Ponzi scheme news comes out, like he tried to do with Diana.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Davis may try to plausibly deny the cash came from him and say Saxe did this on his own. 

He could deny it because no one can prove the cash came from him. All the crooked parole person knows is that Saxe paid him.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3

I think Cane actually likes Effie but this won’t end well. 

Monet is COLD to set up Dru to kill Gordo, break his heart and have him cling even tighter to his family. Not surprised at all though. 

Salim (formerly known as Trevor) annoys the hell out of me. Diana doesn’t owe him shit, he needs to leave her alone and stop being so self righteous. Again, he’s a TA and she’s a student, why has no one mentioned this??

Do we think Saxe is going to survive the season?

On 4/29/2023 at 12:32 AM, AntFTW said:

Ding ding. We all knew Saxe was slightly crooked (he’s not a murder or anything but his hands aren’t clean nor are his intentions pure), and now Jenny is right behind him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do we think Saxe is going to survive the season?

I'm leaning toward 'yes'... because he seems like the cockroach of the Power universe. This man just won't die.

Edited by AntFTW
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Monet is COLD to set up Dru to kill Gordo, break his heart and have him cling even tighter to his family. 

Salim (formerly known as Trevor) annoys the hell out of me.

Yeah man, her eventual fallout is gonna be fire!

MAGA Trevor with his buck-o-five ass can just fuck right off, and take that damned Lauren with him!  Until this eppy I always thought ya'll clowned her unnecessarily but now?  Damn you Effie and Taylor Swift* for not offing the bitch when you should have!

*Cane absolutely kills me with the Brayden nicknames, I look forward to them each week.

I'ma say 'Tick-tock n****!' to the next person that wants to talk to me.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm leaning toward 'yes'... because he seems like the cockroach of the Power universe. This man just won't die.

I mean it’s Power, people die all the time, BUT you’re right he may make it. I am loving him and Davis together. It’s an interesting dynamic. 

15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I mean it’s Power, people die all the time

Yes! They do... except Saxe! What are they saving Saxe for? LOL

• LOL 1

Gordo, you don't step to Monet without consequences. You're as good as dead now. She'll probably have Dru do it. (ETA: yep.)

Brayden putting in that work and Keke getting those side benefits. (ETA: not so much for Brayden unfortunately.)

"For this quid, I'll quo." Weak one, Tate.

BruShandria rapping. Meh. (Is LightSkinKeisha a big deal outside of the Atlanta region?)

So not only is Salim a fake hotep, he's an adopted MAGA trust fund baby. Good lord, who saw that whole mess coming?

🎶Cane & Effie, sittin' in a tree...🎶 At least Cane's actually interested in her. Tariq's mainly been using her.

I'm confused about how Kai's phone connected Gordo to Lorenzo's murder.

Diana is the one who was swept up by police? And all this time I thought Dru was weakest link.

At Stansfield someone like him can easily stand out and odds are people would take him as is, no questions asked. At an HBCU he'd just be another face in the crowd unless he did something to draw attention to himself. Plus it probably would've been harder for him to keep up the ruse.

Saxe's time on the show may be over soon.

The show just killed off Det. Whitman. Would they remove both him and Saxe in the same season, assuming the actors didn't ask to go?

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm confused about how Kai's phone connected Gordo to Lorenzo's murder.

Monet used a burner phone to conduct her Lorenzo hit. All of the incriminating texts are on that phone. Monet planted the phone on Kai, and said it was his phone.

They take “Kai’s” incriminating phone and set up a meet with the person that killed Lorenzo. Dru sends a text, and Gordo’s phone rings, and therefore, Dru’s curiosity makes him look at the phone in Gordo’s pants, and Dru sees that Gordo is Lorenzo’s killer that he was supposed to meet up with. Then Dru kills Gordo.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Thanks 1