Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E17: Gatlinburg Getaway

• Start Topic

On 4/29/2023 at 4:46 AM, kristen111 said:

I couldn’t even count the times I cleaned up throw up from my husband after a wedding.  Even driving home.  That’s what wives do.  What does Gina think?  Everyday is a picnic.  She’s acting like he’s a monster.  She better stay single.

Ok… i didn’t see the episode, but honestly - full grown adults drinking until they puke? That would bother me too. Especially if it’s a regular thing. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Ok… i didn’t see the episode, but honestly - full grown adults drinking until they puke? That would bother me too. Especially if it’s a regular thing. 

It’s not a regular thing.  More like a bunch of Frat boys having a good time like when they were in college.  Yes, adults do throw up too once in awhile.

• Like 3
On 4/30/2023 at 4:53 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I know Nicole can’t help it but her shoulders and arms look like a linebacker in those tank tops. Between that and her constant nagging about right after decision day is very off putting. She’s very needy. He should have put his foot down at the dinosaur costume. They looked ridiculous and a grown man shouldn’t be dressing like that. He needs to start standing up to her.

Shaq and Kirsten seem like a decent couple.

Did anyone else think Airris maybe left on a booty call?

Clint seems like a great cook and a lot of fun. Gina always looks miserable and sour. She sits around like a sloth with that ugly ass nose ring. Would it kill her to have a little fun with him?

I’m happy someone said all this.  It’s the truth. 👍

• Like 3

Am I the only one looking for The End of this season.  Uggg.

Kristen's behind seems to be growing every episode.

Chris is a fool wearing that dumb dinosaur to breakfast.  Nicole is a bully.

Gina is no prize and shes a real dream crusher.  Clints pretty much just enjoying the perks.

Arris longs for the next strip club wife begone!

Hurry up...the end!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I think one of the reasons Clint got drunk at his birthday party was just to release some of the stress he must be feeling due to Gina's commitment to not being fun at all.  She complained to the others that he didn't ask her questions, etc., but all we have seen is his asking her questions and listening to everything about her work.  I think he has tried to be supportive but she doesn't seem to try at all.  

I think Clint was just excited to be around other people, most of whom seem to enjoy his company.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Gina goes on and on about being a salon owner but we all saw it’s a little pod salon. Nothing wrong with that but there’s no need for her to talk about it constantly with Clint. Her employee probably found a better job. 
Clint’s been a good sport and has bent over backwards to be nice since his comment that she never got over. Also she says “friend zone” in every episode. She’s made no effort to change that. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think one of the reasons Clint got drunk at his birthday party was just to release some of the stress he must be feeling due to Gina's commitment to not being fun at all.  She complained to the others that he didn't ask her questions, etc., but all we have seen is his asking her questions and listening to everything about her work.  I think he has tried to be supportive but she doesn't seem to try at all.  

I think Clint was just excited to be around other people, most of whom seem to enjoy his company.

Gina thinks she’s special.  I don’t see it as she actually is rude.  Clint has it all over her.  At least he’s trying to be civil.  She’s not and just pouts.  A real wet blanket.  She should have left in the beginning.  He’ll have plenty of women after this is over.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I do not like Gina. She seems full of herself. She's not that great looking or anything else. And I'm sick of a plane with a long hair.

Just now, antfitz said:

I do not like Gina. She seems full of herself. She's not that great looking or anything else. And I'm sick of a playing with a long hair.

• Like 3
On 5/2/2023 at 1:49 PM, kristen111 said:

Gina thinks she’s special.  I don’t see it as she actually is rude.  Clint has it all over her.  At least he’s trying to be civil.  She’s not and just pouts.  A real wet blanket.  She should have left in the beginning.  He’ll have plenty of women after this is over.

I hate the way she moves her mouth It comes across like she's on my percrest princess or something.

• Like 1
On 4/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, Rightside said:

Those costumes were absurd. I think they will say yes on decision day, but won't be together at the reunion.

Seriously. Like. WHYYY??? To make fools of themselves!! & then even more ridiculousness "talking" like dinosaurs & "feeding" them??? WTF IS SHE ON?!! He was a HUGE trooper! He gets all the points for entertaining that.

Maybe Airris would be turned on [by Jas getting up that pole]??? Did Jas really say that?!! Girl! LET IT GO!!! HE HAS!!! WEEKS AGO!!! That made her seem desperate for him to be attracted. 😒😒

Oh look. Gina's talking about Clint being unattractive. I'm SHOCKED!!! At this point, she's looking to be turned off so that's what she finds. 😒😒

(edited)

I've been a fan of Clint from the beginning. I can't fault Gina if she is truly unable to feel sexually attracted to him, but he has qualities that are important in a spouse - he's a good listener, and has emotional intelligence. Gina commented on that after their talk on the porch - that she felt better after talking to him. That is a sign of someone really taking in what you're saying and giving you a response that moves you forward from where you were at the beginning of the conversation.  Its more than just basic sympathy.  I think Clint's DMs will be filling up after the show.

Its interesting to see both Chris and Nicole continue enacting the dysfunctional patterns they've each identified as problematic in their past relationships.  Chris knows he has a tendency to be too passive and just go along with everything. Nicole knows she can be a steamroller.  And yet.... this insight has not led to meaningful change.  It would have been a really great thing for their relationship if Chris had said no to wearing the dinosaur costume. It would be the first step in helping both of them break out of their patterns.  If they continue on like this, their relationship will never last. 

I think the impetus is more on Chris than Nicole because in this type of dynamic, the passive person is the one who isn't giving their partner honest feedback - they withhold that due to various fears and insecurities.  They need to give honest feedback when they don't like something, or don't agree, or don't want to do something, and they need to learn how to tolerate the feelings that come with being assertive. The burden then shifts to the "steam roller" - they have to learn how to manage their feelings when they don't get their way.  If the passive one can learn to be properly assertive, and the steam-roller can learn to accept limits, the relationship could become balanced and healthy. 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Thanks to those who are still watching this dreck so I can just read your comments. I'm going to watch the Decision Day decisions (which should take, what, 10 minutes when I fast forward through all the rehashing) and maybe the reunion, and then MAFS will be taken off my DVR. After 16 seasons, the producers have done killed it to death.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Thanks to those who are still watching this dreck so I can just read your comments. I'm going to watch the Decision Day decisions (which should take, what, 10 minutes when I fast forward through all the rehashing) and maybe the reunion, and then MAFS will be taken off my DVR. After 16 seasons, the producers have done killed it to death.

It's already been off my DVR all this season.  I don't even read the comments here on it anymore other than the little preview pane I get in my feed, where I saw this.  I feel like I did the right thing and I'm in a better place after seeing what little I've seen here.  What's sad is the ratings seem to show no sign of going down, not that I had much hope for humanity before knowing that, mind you!

• LOL 3

The IRONY of Shaq saying Jas should discuss her issues with Airris when he does the exact same thing!!! COMICAL!!! 🤣🤣KKP should've called him out on that! They're scared to address it, yet know it definitely won't get resolved if they don't so....