Type keyword(s) to search

S10.12: Beach, Don't Kill My Vibe

• Start Topic

Sandavol opens up to Schwartz about his romantic problems with Ariana; Schenna blames Katie for spreading a sordid rumor about some of their friends; Ariana suffers another big loss; James plans an epic beach day that takes a turn for the worse.

• Like 2

Aww, it makes Sandoval sad when Ariana calls him out on being a dick?😥 Maybe someone should show him a supercut of all the times on the show when he's needlessly yelled at women, because that did seem to be his favorite pastime before it was supplanted by sleeping with Rachel.

And look at the two Toms, rolling up in that scene and setting the table for a "Poor Tom, Ariana is so crazy and mean, no wonder he left" narrative.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3

James is so funny on WWHL.  He looks handsome too.  Now if he can just get himself under control. 

Something crazy is going on with Andy’s shirt and tie.

59 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

James IS hilarious on WWHL!!  He's kind of wound up though, isn't he?

Back to the boring show....  Sandoval is such a transparent, no holds barred, narcissist. Just look up that word in the dictionary and his picture is right there!  Also, look up LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE and you'll see Rachel's picture.  The sheer audacity of these two is just.... BOOM!

EVERYONE in the cast is starting to catch a clue, thank God, but this is just like a slo-mo train wreck. Kind of a BORING slo-mo train wreck but, there you go...

If I'd have been at that "beach party", I'd leave too.

I love these cringey moments countdown on WWHL!!! Too funny.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

James IS hilarious on WWHL!!  He's kind of wound up though, isn't he?

Yes he was.  He makes you think he’s on something but his mom was in the audience.  I was surprised when he only had water in the shot ski.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1

Sandoval: "it pulls the question whether Ariana and I are right for each other."

Ariana doesn't reciprocate with nice gestures like for example making a latte in the morning like Sandoval does for her. Tom Schwartz asked Sandoval.

Ally thinks it's weird to see all exes in this friend group. 

Scheana doesn't think Ariana and Sandoval have an open relationship, and Sandoval thinks it's ridiculous, as well. But she thinks it's normal/safe to have someone like Raquel in your bed!

Don and Satchel who are new to the group are shocked by James’ behavior at the beach. And by James, Lala, and Schwartz's behavior at the bar after. Ally too. This relationship is not going to last. 

Stassi thought it was low for Ariana and Sandoval to hook up at the Golden Nugget. Her issue was the place, not the act! 

Sandoval denied he had anything physical going on with Raquel.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Which makes all this shock and awe at Schwartz kissing a friend and Sandoval cheating with a friend all the more stupid.

Im beginning to think LVP orchestrated all of this and chose the most miserable of the couples to make the “stars” of the scandal. This show was seriously on the decline before all this broke. Mr HottestHW was questioning why James was even on this show considering no one really likes him (and his obvious drug problem), and i said if they remove James and his antics, what’s left? Lala boasting about some random stranger busting open her vagina (snooze), the lazy men and women trying to open businesses before their 5 min of fame run out (boring), having filmed funeral services for dogs and ponies? LVP needed to come up with something quick to resuscitate this train wreck and here we are. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

On the preview we see Ken talking about Sandavol having Rachel overnight at Tom & Ariana’s house while she was away mourning her grandmother.  What the hell!  That’s a special kind of ass hole.

I wonder how this all would have played out if Ariana wouldn’t have picked up Sandavol’s phone that night.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

On the preview we see Ken talking about Sandavol having Rachel overnight at Tom & Ariana’s house while she was away mourning her grandmother.  What the hell!  That’s a special kind of ass hole.

I wonder how this all would have played out if Ariana wouldn’t have picked up Sandavol’s phone that night.  

Sandoval is going to try to explain it by saying they are all friends. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Sandoval is going to try to explain it by saying they are all friends. 

Either that or he's gonna say Ariana's  a)crazy b)they don't have a great sex life or c)BOTH!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

And of course she's totally right!  I'm still not buying that relationship.  James was clearly hurt and upset by Schwartz's comment on the beach - and it was all about, "I've finally got something great going with this concert thing and you have to put me down with stupid jokes!"  Finally? - what about the fact that you've met the love of your life?  OR is that relationship all a lie to get back at the girl who broke up with you?  I was actually Team James in principle on that argument, although he shouldn't have thrown the drink in his face for several reasons.  (Then I was briefly Team Schwartz when he told old "Lala" off and said it wasn't even a name 😂. I totally agree - it's not even a word!  In the do-re-mi song it's merely 'a note to follow so' 😄)

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I loved looking back to when young  Sandoval was talking  about having  sex with Ariana,  and cheating  on Kristen. I liked him then, he looks sleazy  now.

Scheana  would be fine, with Brock and Raquel  in the same bed, what an absolute crock.

I was looking  at Lala and thinking how her lips had too much filler,  right after that, Schwartz  said it to her. Thanks. It's the only thing  I agreed with him on.

I think  James is embarrassed about the engagement  to Raquel. I hope he and Ally stay together. 

Satchel didn't  look like he was kissing  Katie, her face was near his chin , weird.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Emmeline said:

How does Ken, of all people, have the hot goss on Rachel spending the night at Sandoval’s that he’s the one telling Lisa about it?!? Are the kitchen staff at SUR all atwitter about it like when Kristin was fired? Were Ken and Jiggy (or whatever dog that is that he currently carries as a prop) dancing at 1:30 at the Abbey, too? The ridiculous part is that both Toms said that it was an open secret and everyone knew and was talking about it—and they were not lying about that!! Truly every single one of these people did suspect there was something going on and did talk about it! Scheana seems to be the only one in disbelief. So how this went on for 7 or 8 more months from this point where it was just getting started to no one outright outing them to Ariana—or how they’re all acting so shocked running to TMZ and podcasts like they had no clue—is beyond me. Granted, Ariana was apparently away dealing with her Grandmother’s death, and I guess no one wanted to tell her what they saw/heard. But this continued for another 2/3 of a year right under her nose. That creepy-ass smile of Tom’s anytime anyone mentions Raquel gives it all away! He was not a convincing liar when Scheana confronted him. For his sake he was lucky it was someone who already didn’t believe it and gave HIM excuses to jump onto rather than anyone else who would have been trying to poke holes in the explanation. His shifty eyes, rubbing his face, stuttering, and then suddenly acting indignant when Scheana gave him an excuse to cling to was like a study of how to read a liar’s body language.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

My whack-ass job schedule stops me from watching this until later on, but I did see the scene where Sandoval gets the results of his fertility test.

You all’s MMV, but I was just a little creeped out by Schwartz basically sitting in for Ariana and being that intimately involved in the conversation with the doctor. Being a doctorphobe myself, I totally get wanting moral support…but man, dudes, did Schwartz need to hear all of that, and then be on the call with Ariana explaining it all??? Was there not a waiting room? You’d have thought that he and Sandoval were trying to conceive. Do Schwartz and Sandy need to be up in each other’s business that far all the time?

I didn’t know about Ariana’s grandmother…she has had one hell of a year. Glad, though, that she now seems to be living her best life. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

That creepy-ass smile of Tom’s anytime anyone mentions Raquel gives it all away! He was not a convincing liar when Scheana confronted him. 

One hundred percent!

And that douchetastic smile just furthers my belief that it is the betrayal and sneaking around that he's really getting off on.

Rachel might as well be a cardboard cut-out to him.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, bosawks said:

One hundred percent!

And that douchetastic smile just furthers my belief that it is the betrayal and sneaking around that he's really getting off on.

Rachel might as well be a cardboard cut-out to him.

Yes. I do believe there’s truth to Sandoval feeling that Ariana often makes him feel stupid. Sneaking around behind her back with the brainless Rachel is his way of retaliating and punishing Ariana.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes. I do believe there’s truth to Sandoval feeling that Ariana often makes him feel stupid. Sneaking around behind her back with the brainless Rachel is his way of retaliating and punishing Ariana.

Well, he isn’t exactly a brain trust, and also (as I can attest from experience) living with a mansplaining Mr. Know-It-All 24/7/365 who constantly lectures and inserts his opinions where they aren’t asked for or needed gets really old really quick. So if Ariana made Tom feel insecure, that’s his problem. I think there was some jealousy/competition too, over the sandwich shop. 

Tom seems to need groupies hanging on to every piece of wisdom nonsense that comes out of his mouth and worshipping the ground he walks on, hence Schwartz and Rachel. He just wants his massive ego stroked. He only cares about himself. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6

I think Ariana makes Sandoval feel stupid, and that it’s not just some self esteem issue.  She’s got her Cool Girl brand and patronizes with ease, she always has.  Not just towards Sandoval either.  Even the discussion of the eggs being fertilized (ie preparing to possibly have a baby together, one of the most loving things people can do?) was devoid of any affection.  

This isn’t an excuse to cheat, of course, but it’s color. 

I haven’t particularly liked Sandoval in a long time, but I’m starting to see this situation like a (more egregious due to Raquel and Ariana’s friendship) version of the one in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  

Spoiler

One person is found out to be cheating so they’re the bad guy, but come to find out that cheater was just tired of trying to make the other person love them and love themselves.  Then they made a poor choice by staying together and cheating instead of breaking up like they should’ve.

Edited by Drogo
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Love that Katie 100% sees through both Sandoval and Raquel. Everything she said about his reaction when challenged or questioned was spot on. It's almost like anytime he says "dude" you know he's lying. Raquel isn't a whore for making out with guys, she's a whore because she'll trample over anyone, including her friends, just for male attention.

The sad puppy dog act Schwartz uses to get away with being an ass is slipping. Let's face it, he only comes across well when compared to Sandoval. But really, he's a solid douche in his own right.

Scheana, who's never been my favorite, should be mortified by her defense of these terrible people.  She so desperately wants Katie to the villain that she turned her innocuous comment to Ally (that she wasn't even there to hear) about Sandoval/Ariana not having a ton of rules into them having a open relationship. That rumor is all on her. and it helped Sandoval/Raquel betray her best friend. Plus, if she'd stopped bashing Katie for a minute she might've picked up on Sandoval's obvious deflection. 

Shockingly, James has indeed become the #1 guy. I find him disarmingly charming at times.  Is it bad that I do kinda ship him & Lala?

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
30 minutes ago, snarts said:

Scheana, who's never been my favorite, should be mortified by her defense of these terrible people.  She so desperately wants Katie to the villain that she turned her innocuous comment to Ally (that she wasn't even there to hear) about Sandoval/Ariana not having a ton of rules into them having a open relationship. That rumor is all on her. and it helped Sandoval/Raquel betray her best friend. Plus, if she'd stopped bashing Katie for a minute she might've picked up on Sandoval's obvious deflection. 

I was just going to say this same thing. This was classic Scheana, take info that's second hand (third, maybe, as it was actually James who mentioned "open") and craft a completely new thing to put her target in the worst light. Katie never said open relationship to Ally ,and though Ally was a bit muddy in explaining it to Scheana, she did say that it was James who interpreted it that way. Then Scheana, in her quest to take down Katie, runs to Sandoval and tells him that Katie is saying they have an open relationship.

What's kind of ironic is that Sandoval, in his freak-out about covering his tracks, vehemently denies they have an open relationship and now can't use that as one of his excuses for why he had a relationship with Raquel - which I think he's tried to do a bit.

Katie said on a WWHL that she did have some inklings so was not totally shocked. But if this is the response she's getting from the group and with Sandoval still the "king" of the group at this point in the filming? No surprise she was cautious in how she was talking about it. If she says anything, she's just bitter, jealous Katie (is how they'd respond).

I know Katie is disliked by many, but I've always rooted for her (mostly because I've always hated man-child, gaslighting Schwartz) and she was clearly pretty adrift this season. Her divorce was happening and losing her connection to Schwartz, who was part of the Tom/Tom dominance of the cast, was likely devastating. Not just personally, but she had to also be worried that she was going to lose the professional gig too. Sandoval hates her, Scheana was going out of her way to take her down with Raquel gleefully helping, and of her friends in the group, she's got Ariana, who was still tied to Sandoval, and Lala who was kind of equally thrashing around, adrift.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
53 minutes ago, snarts said:

Love that Katie 100% sees through both Sandoval and Raquel. Everything she said about his reaction when challenged or questioned was spot on. It's almost like anytime he says "dude" you know he's lying. Raquel isn't a whore for making out with guys, she's a whore because she'll trample over anyone, including her friends, just for male attention.

The sad puppy dog act Schwartz uses to get away with being an ass is slipping. Let's face it, he only comes across well when compared to Sandoval. But really, he's a solid douche in his own right.

Shockingly, James has indeed become the #1 guy. I find him disarmingly charming at times.  Is it bad that I do kinda ship him & Lala?

I think James and Lala are meant for each other, honestly.

• Like 18
  • Applause 3

James Kennedy somehow stealth became the most entertaining thing about this show, him poking himself in the eye with a 151 rum soaked chopstick and then running screaming and falling over like a small child was fantastic. Ally is also new star, her completely making fun of him is exactly what James Kennedy needs in a girlfriend, caring for him but having no time for any of his histrionic bullshit. If only her fashion sense weren't completely utterly tragic.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Scheana, who's never been my favorite, should be mortified by her defense of these terrible people. 

Well, I'm pretty sure she is, now, and has said so.

I've never been a Scheana fan, but she's been honest with her fucking this up now that it's all happening.  I mean that it's all come out.

As far as Katie, I'm on the Ronnie Karam train.  I can want Katie to be happy, but I still don't like her or anything about her. 

EDIT: And disliking Katie doesn't mean that Schwartz isn't even worse.  I think EVEN NOW after all of Sandoshit's nonsense that Schwartz is actually more hateable and and punchworthy than he is.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I loved looking back to when young  Sandoval was talking  about having  sex with Ariana,  and cheating  on Kristen. I liked him then, he looks sleazy  now.

Yeah if the conspiracy theorists are right that LVP planned this all - he certainly looks the part, doesn't he? 😄

• LOL 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

`Exactly what drug was James on when he filmed WWHL?? LOL But god I love him!

I can't tell if it's a drug of he was just super excited to be on WWHL.  Last time he was on it was earlier in the season, before all the cheating broke, and he was paired with Iggy Azalea and it was just awful!  I felt he couldn't truly be himself.  But now he was in control and it was great!  James is NOT someone I would want to be around IRL, but for tv he is GREAT and hope he never leaves.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Cocaine? He was fidgeting all over the place. 

So it's obvious the lunch truck scene was filmed after the camera's went back up. Production said Ok we need you guys to start setting up the narrative that poor old Sando wasn't treated right by Ariana and Schwartz of course is going to add his stupid commentary about the relationship.  Shame on all of these assholes, including production and editing. We can see right through that shit. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I find it to be kind of ironic that all the complaints Tom Sandoval had about Ariana are so similar to the complaints Katie had about Tom Schwartz.  And Tom Schwartz is being totally supportive of the other Tom.  The Toms are just two fucking idiots.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

You all’s MMV, but I was just a little creeped out by Schwartz basically sitting in for Ariana and being that intimately involved in the conversation with the doctor.

Afterall, Schwartz probably jerked him off into the cup.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10

I’ve been thinking James may have been on either coke or a lot of Adderall.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he requires prescription Adderall, honestly.  

On the other hand, if he’s truly on the sober train (as far as abstaining from alcohol, I mean), he’s not benefiting from the anxiety reducing, depressive effects of booze and it’s common to be much more reactive to nerves and adrenaline when newly sober. He may have just been naturally amped up and for the first time in a while, we see him without something in his system to dampen it?

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

I feel like some trauma in James's life caused him to stop maturing at a young age and now he's some kind of hybrid of grown man and adolescent, excitable, and often sad boy. Not an excuse for his behavior, but maybe a factor.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Cocaine? He was fidgeting all over the place. 

So it's obvious the lunch truck scene was filmed after the camera's went back up. Production said Ok we need you guys to start setting up the narrative that poor old Sando wasn't treated right by Ariana and Schwartz of course is going to add his stupid commentary about the relationship.  Shame on all of these assholes, including production and editing. We can see right through that shit. 

I was actually thinking adderall.  James was exhibiting all the signs of an adderall high.  (But, cocaine is possible, too.)  Either way, I think he was definitely NOT sober.

That would make sense about the food truck scene, but I do wonder about it.  It is either that they shot it after the scandal news came out, or, Sandoval is much smarter than we give him credit for, by setting the stage for his total break-up with Ariana, which he claims was going to happen after the Reunion.  At the time of that scene, Sandoval was already sleeping with Raquchel, I believe.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if he requires prescription Adderall, honestly.  

Yeah absolutely James was speedy but coherent, coke makes you more euphoric and IDK...sweaty. LOL. I think he probably just took more Adderall than usual and his basal level of activated is already running at eleven.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I can't tell if it's a drug of he was just super excited to be on WWHL.  Last time he was on it was earlier in the season, before all the cheating broke, and he was paired with Iggy Azalea and it was just awful!  I felt he couldn't truly be himself.  But now he was in control and it was great!  James is NOT someone I would want to be around IRL, but for tv he is GREAT and hope he never leaves.

I'd like to be around  James. I believe  he puts a lot on for TV, and I delight  in his humor. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Scheana  would be fine, with Brock and Raquel  in the same bed, what an absolute crock.

I was looking  at Lala and thinking how her lips had too much filler,  right after that, Schwartz  said it to her. Thanks. It's the only thing  I agreed with him on.

I think  James is embarrassed about the engagement  to Raquel. I hope he and Ally stay together. 

Satchel didn't  look like he was kissing  Katie, her face was near his chin , weird.

I LOVED Sandoval!  Actually I still kind of love him. 

I loved Tom going after Lala, she looks deformed. 

Satchel is weird and gross.

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

I think Ariana makes Sandoval feel stupid, and that it’s not just some self esteem issue.  She’s got her Cool Girl brand and patronizes with ease, she always has.  Not just towards Sandoval either.  Even the discussion of the eggs being fertilized (ie preparing to possibly have a baby together, one of the most loving things people can do?) was devoid of any affection.  

This isn’t an excuse to cheat, of course, but it’s color. 

I haven’t particularly liked Sandoval in a long time, but I’m starting to see this situation like a (more egregious due to Raquel and Ariana’s friendship) version of the one in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  

Hide contents

One person is found out to be cheating so they’re the bad guy, but come to find out that cheater was just tired of trying to make the other person love them and love themselves.  Then they made a poor choice by staying together and cheating instead of breaking up like they should’ve.

Ariana may be in the “right” these days but she’s still the bitchy girl who thinks she’s smarter than everyone else and uses that to put Sandoval down.  We’ve seen it.  She deemed herself prettier and smarter than Kristin, was sooo above Stassi, etc.  I’ve never seen anything to indicate that she’s smarter than any of these idiots.

6 hours ago, blixie said:

James Kennedy somehow stealth became the most entertaining thing about this show, him poking himself in the eye with a 151 rum soaked chopstick and then running screaming and falling over like a small child was fantastic. Ally is also new star, her completely making fun of him is exactly what James Kennedy needs in a girlfriend, caring for him but having no time for any of his histrionic bullshit. If only her fashion sense weren't completely utterly tragic.

I have not laughed so hard at anything, when James screeched and ran and fell!  I rewound it like 3 times!

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, kacesq said:

I think James and Lala are meant for each other, honestly.

The sexual tension between them this season has been really obvious. Ally is observant so she must have peeped it. 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

did Schwartz need to hear all of that, and then be on the call with Ariana explaining it all??? Was there not a waiting room? You’d have thought that he and Sandoval were trying to conceive. Do Schwartz and Sandy need to be up in each other’s business that far all the time?

I thought that was incredibly weird as well! I could understand bringing a friend with you for support if you were expecting some sort of dire health diagnosis and didn't have family around for support, but fertility stuff seemed way too personal to have a buddy just tagging along. Clearly the Toms should have been married to one another long ago.

Loved it when Ally told James to shut up! I think James has been indulging in more than alcohol.

I wish Lala would shut up.

I disliked Charli when she first appeared on the show, but she's slowly been growing on me lately.

• Like 2