Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/24/2023

Mr. Sparkle
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I cannot wait to see Are you there God? It's Me Margaret. 

15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Neither can I! I'm TOTALLY seeing it tomorrow night!

I'm taking my 10 yr. old granddaughter Saturday.  This will be her first introduction to Judy Blume.  I'm going to have to get her the books.

22 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have said this before in other threads but I was suspended in 7th grade for having Wifey during our reading period.

That book and Forever are the two I remember most. I read them at least 40 years ago.  Jesus I'm getting old.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm taking my 10 yr. old granddaughter Saturday.  This will be her first introduction to Judy Blume.  I'm going to have to get her the books.

That book and Forever are the two I remember most. I read them at least 40 years ago.  Jesus I'm getting old.

You and me both!  I hope your granddaughter loves the books!  I would love to go back and read them.  I am sure I still have them.  

• Like 1

Re Jerry Springer, I’m sorry when anyone passes away, and feel for his family, but also believe he had much to do with the coarsening of American television, and glorification of atrocious public behavior, leading ultimately to our current national situation.  IMO, Springer truly sold out for riches, and was then allowed to present his true (?), reasonable and intelligent self on shows like The View.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
11 minutes ago, flummoxd said:

Re Jerry Springer, I’m sorry when anyone passes away, and feel for his family, but also believe he had much to do with the coarsening of American television, and glorification of atrocious public behavior, leading ultimately to our current national situation.  IMO, Springer truly sold out for riches, and was then allowed to present his true (?), reasonable and intelligent self on shows like The View.

You aren't wrong.  The behavior he showcased on his show became entertainment. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Couldn't agree more, but there's a list of people like him & Andy Cohen is my number one offender!!!

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

Sunny is right that Pence was not well regarded in IN before he ran for VP. He was pretty unpopular by the end of his 2nd term as gov (largely due to his anti LGBTQ stance) and was planning on leaving politics… until he got that phone call.

Whats up with Sara’s hair again today?

• Like 6

That was a pretty good point Ana made about Haley, pointing out the hypocrisy of leaning into ageism in her own comments about Biden after having criticized Lemon's comments about her barely a month ago.

Judy Blume was a great interview. Her comments about book bans back in the '80s versus now and how scary she finds it were pretty effective.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
54 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was a pretty good point Ana made about Haley, pointing out the hypocrisy of leaning into ageism in her own comments about Biden after having criticized Lemon's comments about her barely a month ago.

Judy Blume was a great interview. Her comments about book bans back in the '80s versus now and how scary she finds it were pretty effective.

Just now, Tammy12 said:

I loved seeing Judy Blume today, what a treasure. She was also on What What Happens Live with Sunny last night for those who missed it. 

I watched the Prime documentary about her the other day and it is excellent.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I watched the Prime documentary about her the other day and it is excellent.

Agree! I even posted in the thread for the documentary (located HERE), how I wished I knew I could write to Judy when I was a tween!

A most excellent interview with Judy on today's show. But I have to admit, I don't like the updated covers for Forever and Tiger Eyes that the audience got. I much prefer the original, with the locket for Forever, and the picture of the teen in Tiger Eyes. And HAH! to how Judy had to tell the producer the girls were doing the "I must, I must, I must, I must increase my bust!" WRONG! I was doing it right!!!😂😂

Sigh. And now for my repeated and sounding like a record...

SHUT UP, Alyssa. Her statement how she'd "never" vote for her old boss and lumping in not voting for Biden, as if they are both the same. She can also STFU with her ageism crap. Loved Sunny's response about how all of Congress should then retire? Because we've had members DIE while still in office up to 100. Or how Alyssa sounded like she was comparing VP Harris to Palin.

Really, Ana? Pence was considered a "good" person when he was Governor? Or statesman or whatever she said? Despite when Sunny mentioned how anti-LGBTQ he was? Okay, whatever.

I'm glad, however much of a hypocrite it makes me, that Alyssa wasn't there for Judy's interview. Though I was hoping they'd shown the clip of when Pat Buchanan went after her, and she asked him why HE was so obsessed with masturbation when Deenie was about a girl who had Scoliosis, and the masturbation was just ONE LINE in the book.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 6
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Really, Ana? Pence was considered a "good" person when he was Governor? Or statesman or whatever she said? Despite when Sunny mentioned how anti-LGBTQ he was? Okay, whatever.

Yeah, there are people that were in Indiana during the HIV outbreak would probably have something to say about that…come on, Ana.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Really, Ana? Pence was considered a "good" person when he was Governor? Or statesman or whatever she said?

No he wasn't.  

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, there are people that were in Indiana during the HIV outbreak would probably have something to say about that…

That is what I knew of him.  If not for that I don't think most people outside of Indiana would have known him.

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Though I was hoping they'd shown the clip of when Pat Buchanan went after her, and she asked him why HE was so obsessed with masturbation when Deenie was about a girl who had Scoliosis, and the masturbation was just ONE LINE in the book.

The more things change they stay the same.  How sad is it we are fighting the same battles that were fought 40 years ago?

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

The more things change they stay the same.  How sad is it we are fighting the same battles that were fought 40 years ago?

Yes. How odd that the same generation of people who weren't supposed to read Judy Blume as kids are probably the people who are seeking to ban her books now. What changed for them?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I just am tuning in and Ana’s shirt is making me nervous as it’s hanging on for dear life!

Well, thankfully, she wasn't there for the Judy Blume interview otherwise the show might have had to go off air if she had tried the "We must, we must, we must increase our bust" exercise.

• LOL 6