Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: The Troll Farmer - Part 3

• Start Topic

Okay, I have to admit it. I'm impressed. I always enjoy Reddington heist episodes more than any other kind of episodes on this show and this was a good one.

I loved Wujing getting taken out so offhandedly. I had to rewind just to make sure it was actually him getting casually dispatched. No big showdown, just a bullet in the dome from offscreen. Nicely done, Red.

Flipping the mercenary team was a great trick too. "I see you need work. I have work, let's go." Pure boss move, we haven't seen one of those from Reddington for a while.

And finally, Red hangs a lampshade (and kitchen sink) on the Post Office being the least-secure facility in the history of black sites. It was well past time to leave that building behind. And Red also has a bunch of cameras installed so he'll be able to tell if the Task Force decides to play nice while simultaneously trying to take him down.

My only nitpick is that they do explicitly say that there are some guards still standing by at the real Post Office during Red's heist although I can handwave that easily enough by saying since Red basically has the run of the place he was able to get past or distract them with ease.

Hmmm, Red said getting older is a drag. Redarina, is that you?

No sign or mention of the various discarded animals of this show however this episode does give us the comforting notion that they might be living in perfect replicas of their former homes.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

That was entertaining, especially watching Cooper & Co. get "Oceans 11ed" out of their well planned trap.  I rather suspected Reddington's endgame was to use that program to delete himself out of the computers, but who knows, maybe Liz made copies of all the files before she checked out and we'll see her hologram appearance again.  Please don't hate me...

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

maybe Liz made copies of all the files before she checked out 

Agnes must have an old toy that needs a flash drive to activate... why are there two?

Red killed the minion to avoid paying Sven...

Finally, the Wujing drama is over but of course leave it to Red to make it dramatic.  Doesn't everyone buy a building a retrofit it to look like an exact duplicate of the least secure black site ever so they can fool their federal baby sitters and then leave them feeling/looking foolish?

There can't be that many eps left of this.

23 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Imagine the realtor trying to flip the building now...

Did Red murder the former occupants...

Red: Final Offer- this briefcase has 5 Million dollars of diamonds. Take it and leave. Now.

Luckless Larry: Outrageous! Double it.

Red: What part of Final Offer is unclear? [Draws pistol and double taps Larry in the chest] Anybody else want to negotiate?

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1
On 4/24/2023 at 12:55 AM, dwmarch said:

No sign or mention of the various discarded animals of this show however this episode does give us the comforting notion that they might be living in perfect replicas of their former homes.

Did Red buy Westworld??

Edited by paigow

I enjoyed this episode and the plot twists took me by surprise. I’ve seen feature length movies that don’t pull off twists as well as this episode did. I liked that the troll farmer was working with Red all along. 

IMDB has 22 episodes listed for this season, albeit a bunch of them are not actually named so I don’t know if that’s accurate. If true this season would run into the summer and they don’t usually do that. But I haven’t seen them advertise a finale yet, they just keep saying final season. 

Edited by desertflower
6 hours ago, desertflower said:

IMDB has 22 episodes listed for this season, albeit a bunch of them are not actually named so I don’t know if that’s accurate. If true this season would run into the summer

NBC is not carrying any NBA or NHL playoff games... so they might need counter-programming into June

Was disappointed that the season long Wujing arc was wrapped up so quickly.

Reddington could have shot Wujing in Australia while across the poker table from him -- and saved us several episodes of nonsense and filler.

Though Reddington continues to prove that he is the master of the long con.

And as mentioned upthread, still no sign or mention of the dog's, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the cat.  
Did Agnes get a mention at all ?  So much for her video blog tipping off Wujing to Reddington's whereabouts.

Red and Cooper are going to breakup???? Let Cooper quit and replace him with Dembe. This is the final season... What could go wrong?? Better him than Ressler or Malik 2.0

• Like 1
On 4/26/2023 at 8:02 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Reddington could have shot Wujing in Australia while across the poker table from him -- and saved us several episodes of nonsense and filler.

Series finale... Even Red would not survive a roomful of dudes who are better shots than Ressler. 

• LOL 1
On 4/26/2023 at 11:39 AM, desertflower said:

IMDB has 22 episodes listed for this season, albeit a bunch of them are not actually named so I don’t know if that’s accurate. If true this season would run into the summer and they don’t usually do that. But I haven’t seen them advertise a finale yet, they just keep saying final season.

If they air one episode a week for 22 episodes that would run this out until July 23. If there is 22 episodes I would expect them to double up with 2 episodes for a few weeks.

Remaining episodes show:

10) “The Postman” April 30,2023

Synopsis: After an inmate opens fire at a high-security prison, the Task Force investigates a contraband smuggler known as The Postman. Cooper revisits his past ties to the suspect.

11) “The Man in the Hat” May7, 2023

Synopsis: When Red is identified as a possible hostage during a deli robbery in Philadelphia, Dembe and Ressler take action. Back in D.C., Senator Panabaker evaluates the Task Force’s dealings with Red while Siya digs deeper into her mother's past.

12) “Dr. Michael Abani” May 14, 2023

Synopsis: Dembe reflects on his complicated past when he receives a concerning call from an old connection. An ambitious congressman begins to question the Task Force's operations.

13) “The Sicilian Error of Color” 2023

Synopsis:

14) “The Nowhere Bride” 2023

Synopsis:

15) “The Hat Trick” 2023

Synopsis:

16) “Blair Foster” 2023

Synopsis:

17) “The Morgana Logistics Corporation” 2023

Synopsis:

18) “Wormwood” 2023

Synopsis: