Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Speculation/Spoilers

• Start Topic

Ok, since we have a cliffhanger at the end of season 1, here are my thoughts:

The plot turn on the PM was a surprise. The end of the episode is reminiscent of The West Wing’s season one cliffhanger, so my guess is that Ronnie will be seriously injured/dead, Stuart will have minor I injuries but major guilt, Hal will be unscathed and unrepentant. Kate will get  PTSD recurrence. Who planted the bomb will be another plot line for season two, 1st half.

Other thoughts?

Edited by dubbel zout
Changed title; added spoilers tag
  • Like 3
On 5/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, mmccpp said:

Remembering Hal's speech:  Hal will be in hospital, while Kate is so busy saving the world that she can't be with him, and wracked with guilt.

Also I think Hal will be injured enough where he needs care and Kate feels guilty and can't divorce him without looking like a terrible person. Plus having a husband almost killed in bombing probably makes her an even better VP candidate.

Stuart I think is dead just because of how he left things with his CIA girlfriend. Not sure about Ronnie, maybe with Stuart dead it means a bigger role for the actor next season. Although how much does that suck for Ronnie, first your bike gets stolen by your rich neighbor and now you get blown up.

• Like 1

Four people standing that close to an exploding car wouldn't survive. However, this is tv, so theoretically we could get all of them back.

Since it stopped before the arrest of the mercenary, they still have to stop the prime minister from ordering a hit. And I presume that would put both Kate and the foreign minister in physical danger.

And in Hal's campaign speech at Chatham House, he talked about how his wife had been seriously injured in Serbia, and was in the hospital when the negotiation started. So I agree that PTSD is going to be a recurring theme in the next season.

Hal's eyes totally lit up when his old friend suggested that he be Secretary of State. So if he survives, he will try to make it all about him again. Great actor, terrible character.

• Like 1