Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Beautiful Things That Come with Madness

• Start Topic

Okay, this episode was actually good through and through. Took them long enough. Not surprised that they dropped exactly 4 episodes, anymore. Not sure if I would have been in, if I had only seen one or two. But maybe they could have tightened the first three somewhat and made them better instead.

I was wondering if Jesus was married-married to all of the nuns. Seems he is. Seems a bit hypocritical that Christianity forbids polygamy but Jesus has hundreds of thousands of wives.

Also Jesus, not omnipresent like his dad, it seems. Since he had to keep the pope waiting for one of his wives. But aren't god and Jesus kind of one and the same? Even Lizzy mentioned that. And if he isn't omnipresent, how does he have time for this many wives? Wild stuff.

Also are priests his husbands? Because like I said before, I'd definitely would break me off a piece of that. Maybe I should try prayer for once.

While the king cake itself exists in most catholic countries, I don't think Italy actually has a tradition of putting babies in the cake. I could be wrong here, but that seems like a bit of a conflation...

So Wiley had only 8 days to live? Why are there even these death-centers that give you automatic wings? Are they ever going to explain? Or are we never getting answers, in typical Lindelof-fashion?

So the rouge priest had planed to sell sneakers with religious marketing. So far so understandable. But he had the real grail in his commercial? How did he get it? Why didn't he bring it to the vatican? And how did the bankers get it for the ritual at the Loch? Damn you Lindelof, you and your mystery boxes!

• Like 1

Lucky Maria, one million Euro just for a King Cake!

Simone flipped out over "errand girls" label is relatable.

Hey, that is Arthur Schrodinger's grumpy kitty in the sneakers' commercial.

They were not using the real Holy Grail in that commercial, were they?

Wiley will die in 8 days, is that "expiration date" even accurate??! Another conspiracy maybe?

• Like 1

I liked that we get Schrodinger and his cat.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:05 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

Okay, this episode was actually good through and through. Took them long enough. Not surprised that they dropped exactly 4 episodes, anymore. Not sure if I would have been in, if I had only seen one or two. But maybe they could have tightened the first three somewhat and made them better instead.

I was wondering if Jesus was married-married to all of the nuns. Seems he is. Seems a bit hypocritical that Christianity forbids polygamy but Jesus has hundreds of thousands of wives.

Also are priests his husbands? Because like I said before, I'd definitely would break me off a piece of that. Maybe I should try prayer for once.

When you become a nun, you are said to be the bride of Christ.  Of course it's a non-sexual relationship, except in this show.  Same with priests.  If you watched the Tudors, when they're going to execute Bishop Fisher he talks about how he should be happy because it's his wedding day, meaning that he'll finally be with Christ.

And another glitch at 'mother' - dammit Simone, pay attention!

Priests are married to the church, following Christ's example who was supposed to be spiritually married to the church. Yeah, don't bother about logic here.

King cakes are normally only available around Epiphany (January 6) and it seems what's inside varies. Where I live it's normally a tiny king figurine.

As for the rest - I'm with Simone WTF? But hey, I still love it.